PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Sonic The Hedgehog
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-30-2008, 06:54 PM   #1
LOCKDOWN123

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Is this game hard to get 1000gs in?

I was thinking about getting this game but I am not sure since everyone I have seen on LIVE has 0 points in it.

Is this hard to 1000 or time consuming or both?

How long would it take to just complete it?

What is the maximum amount of points I could achieve in it for around a five day period?

Thanks
LOCKDOWN123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:24 PM   #2
lxl Hockey lxl

lxl Hockey lxl's Gamercard
this game is a very hard 1000 points. It requires skill because s-ranking all the acts takes loads of time. It's also a tough game to get used to with its camera angles. I have managed to get 520 in this game and i'm really happy with that. I recommend not getting this game for only 5 days because the achievements take much longer than that.

- [21] 100% XBLA -
Working on: Joust,
Robotron
lxl Hockey lxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:10 AM   #3
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
Unfortunately I kind of agree, kind of disagree. I have 500/1000 and haven't played this game since September. Once I pick back up on this game I will go for the 1000. It's definately manageable, no one should be completely uncapable of gettin 1000. If I'm not mistaken there should still be a video guide on youtube showing you how to S rank EVERY level and get EVERY silver coin for the full 1000. The game has hard concepts but once you get used to it the levels are pretty much all the same.

I can tell you now that Sonic's are the easiest to S rank (at least for me because of his slow down gem giving you a massive time bonus) It's Silver and Shadow that take a little more work.
GTA4 Wanted UNLOCKED - 8/22/10
DoAX2 Collections Gifted: 15/72

I don't have time to freely help people in games, sorry guys! Messages asking for so will be ignored as well as random friend requests.
IceKingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:58 PM   #4
Professor Pie

Jedgesaurus's Gamercard
I'd say they aren't too difficult skill-wise, it's just the fact it take a long period of time. The game's loading times do not help. Now I've only got about 440 gs in the game so far and I haven't played for ages, but Night of Kronos seems to be the hardest one for me to get as it's quite hard to S rank the last level. I can see it taking more than 5 days in some cases.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:44 PM   #5
crazy 1

Send a message via AIM to crazy 1 Send a message via MSN to crazy 1
that is hard as hell to get all s ranks i only got an all S in sonic town missions they need to make a cheat devices or something
crazy 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:27 PM   #6
Matriculated

SEEGAAAA's Gamercard
The hardest part is having the energy to sit through all the loading times when you attempt the Town Missions.
Matriculated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:22 PM   #7
Speed OD

SPEED OD's Gamercard
yes is there a achiv value to this game
it worth the time to play or not?
Speed OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:03 AM   #8
SCA KAZUMA

burnshadow's Gamercard
I have to be honest: I only have 270/1000 on this game, and I got it the summer after I got my system (2007). This is one of the few games that I beat the main storyline and pretty much quit playing. I'm usually an achievement whore, but the loading times for this game were enough to make me never want to play it again. I really want to get more than 300GS on this game, but I can't make myself go back and play it for the simple fact that I know the loading times eat up 75% of the playing time I will end up investing. Plus, if I fail at whatever I am attempting, I have to sit through more loading screens. I have more to do than sit at a game that I'm not even able to play for a good three quarters of the time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atanatos View Post
I feel the same way sometimes. I sometimes search the forums for questions that people may have, only to find they are rudely referred to google or how they dare not to search the entire forum before they post the question, because someting similar can be found in the archives of 2007.
100%
See My Profile

SCA KAZUMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:59 PM   #9
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
Wow, after over a couple of years I picked the game back up. Working on S ranking Shadow's first then Silver followed by silver coins to 1k it. I'm shocked that so many people are saying it's THAT hard. My tip for anyone that's seriously struggling is watch the Youtube vids and copy. If you look at some of DarkSpinesSonic vids, he has a lot of helpful little glitches to speed things up. Basically what I find is that enemies are much more reliable than times and rings. If boxes are in your path of travel, go ahead and break as many as you can, sure they are small points but every point counts. If you watch a video first, you can see every tricky part and it will save you many many run throughs.

The only factor that seems to stop me after watching these videos are just your usual glitches. (I was at Kingdom Valley and Shadow homing attacked a switch but after that he stopped in midplace and fell to his death even after I hit A) Stuff like that...

Edit: Oh ya and as for hard mode not much really changes except for a few different obstacles in the way and more enemies which spells out more points. Just watch the regular videos and be a little cautious for new traps.

Edit 2: Alright a day later and I have S ranked all of Shadows stuff besides town missions and I have 3 more full levels (both medium and hard) for Silver. After that and Shadow's town missions I am done! Well I also need Silver Medals but with guides that's easy. Just a tip guys, to S rank a level, kill enemies and don't die. I promise that's all it truly takes. For Silver, his Jungle level is the only one that's kind of tight on points if you don't know where to go. If you watch on Youtube it's easier. Besides that I've S ranked everything first try. Just be careful but kill enemies fast.

I don't have time to freely help people in games, sorry guys! Messages asking for so will be ignored as well as random friend requests.

Last edited by IceKingz; 08-06-2009 at 01:16 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:42 AM   #10
Zerowind117

ramenn00dl3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The "Legend of Soleanna" is certainly something to take pride in if you manage to get it. I've played this game on and off for 2 years now and I don't have half the points. With enough time, yeah you can do it, but you would have to be really devoted to get it in a rental period, if that's even possible.

100% Retail + DLC: Mass Effect 3, Halo 3, Fallout 3, Bioshock
---
100% Retail: Halo: CEA, Halo: Reach, Mass Effect 2, Halo: ODST, MW2, CoD4, Halo 2: Vista, Battlefield: BC2, Wanted, Lost: VD, GUN, Avatar: BE, Madden 06, King Kong, TMNT
---
100% Arcade: Sonic 1,2,3,&K, Comic Jumper, Penny Arcade #1, Shadow Complex, Crazy Taxi, Small Arms, Harm's Way, DoD
Zerowind117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:45 PM   #11
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
I got Legend of Soleana today! Finally finished up Silver's story and Shadow's town missions after CoD WAW x2 XP was over. There was ONE level that was pretty agrivating for me and that was Silver's Kingdom Valley. Everything else was pretty easy taking 1 (2 max) tries. His level wasn't neccessarily hard EXCEPT the battle at the end is tricky if you don't play defensively. I died there twice from rushing in and those stupid yellow robots will scatter your rings off the map before you get up. Watch DarkSpineSonic's video on Youtube for anyone struggling on that level as he takes massive short cuts.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:23 AM   #12
prs129

meitante kiba's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKingz View Post
Wow, after over a couple of years I picked the game back up. Working on S ranking Shadow's first then Silver followed by silver coins to 1k it. I'm shocked that so many people are saying it's THAT hard. My tip for anyone that's seriously struggling is watch the Youtube vids and copy. If you look at some of DarkSpinesSonic vids, he has a lot of helpful little glitches to speed things up. Basically what I find is that enemies are much more reliable than times and rings. If boxes are in your path of travel, go ahead and break as many as you can, sure they are small points but every point counts. If you watch a video first, you can see every tricky part and it will save you many many run throughs.

The only factor that seems to stop me after watching these videos are just your usual glitches. (I was at Kingdom Valley and Shadow homing attacked a switch but after that he stopped in midplace and fell to his death even after I hit A) Stuff like that...

Edit: Oh ya and as for hard mode not much really changes except for a few different obstacles in the way and more enemies which spells out more points. Just watch the regular videos and be a little cautious for new traps.

Edit 2: Alright a day later and I have S ranked all of Shadows stuff besides town missions and I have 3 more full levels (both medium and hard) for Silver. After that and Shadow's town missions I am done! Well I also need Silver Medals but with guides that's easy. Just a tip guys, to S rank a level, kill enemies and don't die. I promise that's all it truly takes. For Silver, his Jungle level is the only one that's kind of tight on points if you don't know where to go. If you watch on Youtube it's easier. Besides that I've S ranked everything first try. Just be careful but kill enemies fast.
i agree.
the game isnt that hard. it does require patience and skill however. i only just started working towards the sran k achievements for sonic and i already have the first 3 levels done on both normal and hard.

the whol time i focused on killing everylast enemy i cam across (on white acroplys its best to LET the sear ch lights find you so u have more enemies to kill for more points) and other than that dont die and end the game with the most rings u can. rings dont matter a whole lot if u kill enough enemies but it will help alot in the long run especially if u fall short with enemies.

but enemies are the big focus of nearly all the s ranks.

my only issue right now is crisis city. i'll have it perfect up to the part with the speed run, all of a sudden those cars just land on me no matter what i do. im still working on that part.

text
prs129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #13
xboxmorgan91

Weasel Pizza's Gamercard
Don't try this game if you are going for casual Sonic funziez. I was hoping to just kick ass as Sonic and Shadow and throw in Tails every once in a while and to see who this Silver dude was... but I don't have near the patience to even beat the first level in that superfast mode... This game has been removed from my house and has made me weary about ever trying a "new" Sonic game.

xboxmorgan91 is offline   Reply With Quote