PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-14-2008, 05:40 AM   #1
Raining Light

Decaying Light's Gamercard
The Default Text Glitch Thread

Possible Spoilers!!!

Ok I got the game early blah blah blah.
When You start going through the stages the 2nd time, on Fulecia(sp?) my mission objectives screen is messed up.
For the minor objective it says--*default text. It has the force points and holocrons listed but I finished the stage. Got the achievement for it but it didnt track my force points or my holocrons! When it came to the enemy killed screen it was completly blank.
The follow stage is now the same way!

Not a big deal cause I get the achievement but a big deal if you haven't gotten all the force point achievements yet and since it doesnt track the holocrons Im guess it cant/wont count toward that achievement.

Anyone else have this issue?
What do I do?-I cant take it back cause it isn't out yet-lol.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:37 AM   #2
Siegfried

Send a message via MSN to Siegfried

SiegfriedX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I have a similar problem, I just finished the game and in the last 2 stages my mission screen was messed up, it said something like default as you said in the secret mission section and my force points and holocrons never increases, they were always 0.

Anyway, I finished the game on Sith Lord (and you do get the achievements for normal and easy) and was wondering if someone who have already finished it can answer if my kills are gonna reset in a new save on Sith Master or do they start where I left in the previous save?

The last boss was a HUGE pain, if someone has a tatic for it I would love to hear, took me more than 3 hours to beat him

Last edited by Siegfried; 09-14-2008 at 06:39 AM.
Siegfried is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:19 AM   #3
olopower

olopower's Gamercard
I have another problem, I need to complete the second training module+challenge ( the third and fourth option in training menu ). Does anyone know how to unlock these 2?
olopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:08 AM   #4
Raining Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by olopower View Post
I have another problem, I need to complete the second training module+challenge ( the third and fourth option in training menu ). Does anyone know how to unlock these 2?
olopower
After beating the game Good they are all unlocked for me.
Please dont highjack this thread, this is a legitamate problem.

Siegfried
I chose continue game and it restarts you on the 1st level as the apprentice. All your stuff is there, including Jedi Holocrons, force points and any leveling up you did. I do knot know if your kills continue but I believe they do. Did you finish good or bad? I did good and the final boss is hard as crap just on Sith Warrior. BTW this game doesnt show up on your gamercard.

For my problem-
The last three stages had this problem that I posted earlier.

Last edited by Raining Light; 09-14-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Raining Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:42 PM   #5
Siegfried

SiegfriedX's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raining Light View Post
I chose continue game and it restarts you on the 1st level as the apprentice. All your stuff is there, including Jedi Holocrons, force points and any leveling up you did. I do knot know if your kills continue but I believe they do. Did you finish good or bad? I did good and the final boss is hard as crap just on Sith Warrior. BTW this game doesnt show up on your gamercard.
I finished it good with the blue lightsaber, no idea how though so I can't help with getting the Sith ending.
I moved and never really bothered to set up a connection to the living room again. I never really bothered about live, I like the single player experience a lot more, so yeah, I haven't uploaded my gamercard for over a year now

I believe the game keeps counting your kills if you continue as you said, but I want to start a new save on Sith Master for the other achievement, not continue my previous save on Sith Lord, so I was wondering if the kills are global to the game or counted individually on each save-game.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:04 AM   #6
Raining Light

YEa I dont know, heres hoping they count.

Although I think Ill just but it on easy and continue for the mastery achievements the start again for Sith Master and Evil Ending and the holocrons.

Last edited by Raining Light; 09-15-2008 at 12:23 AM.
Raining Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:13 PM   #7
Brkenintntionz

Brkenintntionz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
Anyway, I finished the game on Sith Lord (and you do get the achievements for normal and easy)
Can anyone else confirm this? Because I might have to start all over if it's true.

Brkenintntionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:49 PM   #8
Siegfried

SiegfriedX's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brkenintntionz View Post
Can anyone else confirm this? Because I might have to start all over if it's true.
Why start over? Just finish in whatever difficult you're playing at and then jump to Sith Master.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:58 PM   #9
Kioku

Send a message via MSN to Kioku

Kioku's Gamercard
It happened to me on my first play through on the last level. It showed I didn't pick up holocron when I did and Force Points.

I've found a glitch and would like to see if it happens to other people as well. The glitch happened to me twice.

The glich is that when I died and as its reloading where I left off I checked my Xbox Guide Blade like a message or music. When I exit out of the blade after its finished loading, it kicks me back to the being of the level instead of where I last was. It doesn't save or anything so you exit back to the dashboard and restart where you left off or I'm not sure but can exit to the main menu and restart where you left off.

Last edited by Kioku; 09-19-2008 at 03:28 AM.
Kioku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:51 AM   #10
Brkenintntionz

Brkenintntionz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
Why start over? Just finish in whatever difficult you're playing at and then jump to Sith Master.
I am just on level three anyways. So it's no biggie. I just want to get the achievements stacked so I don't have to do all easy or normal. To me that saves time.

Brkenintntionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:21 AM   #11
TheReal666

ThaReal666's Gamercard
does anyone know if i can still get Holocron Collector if i have the glitch?
Old 09-18-2008, 06:19 AM   #12
Siegfried

SiegfriedX's Gamercard

Quote:
I am just on level three anyways. So it's no biggie. I just want to get the achievements stacked so I don't have to do all easy or normal. To me that saves time.
You will have to finish the game again no matter what on sith master, since it only unlocks after you beat the game once. Unless you don't plan to have another go on sith master and just want the achievements for the first 3 dificulties, it'll be the same, 2 playthroughs to get everything, no matter if your first one was on easy, normal or sith lord.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:20 PM   #13
krillgar

krillgar's Gamercard
Quote:
You are only going to have to start over if you want the bonus spheres for completing all of the objectives in each level, or get the achievements for getting all objectives in a level or obtaining all holocrons. You can still progress through the game and complete the story on whatever difficulty you want, but you can't get everything.

(For the record, I'm heading downstairs to delete my save file as well.)
krillgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:35 PM   #14
darthmushu

darthmushu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I guess the question now, did anyone delete the save file, start over, and have it happen again. How many people are not getting the glitch. I don't want to play this game over and over for holocrons if its going to keep glitching on me.

Retail Completed: 156 total

Arcade Completed: 108 total

FIRST in the WORLD to beat zombie wranglers. Stupid MP acheevs.
darthmushu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:17 AM   #15
Ko8r4

I just got this today, and I have been playing for about 5 hours. I have 2 levels left (on 8th), and I glitched about 2 levels ago.

I noticed something, after I beat a level, it says I have unlocked a force crystal, but none of my force crystals are unlocked, except 2 of them... Holocrons are for the colors, but when I beat a level, you get a crystal, right?

Also, the glitch does not affect kill counter. I have been playing through the glitch, and I got the shocked icon (100 kills w/ force lightning)...

I'm gonna play this game over again, after I unlock the Sith Master, but will the glitch continue? Or do I have to delete my save file, and start from scratch??
Ko8r4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:16 AM   #16
the edge

THE EDGE1970's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmushu View Post
I guess the question now, did anyone delete the save file, start over, and have it happen again. How many people are not getting the glitch. I don't want to play this game over and over for holocrons if its going to keep glitching on me.
yes iv deleted my save files 2 time now and the same thing happens on the last three levels so im givin up on the dam game .i didnt get any more ahives since this and no achive for finishing bthe game . so screw starwars wish id never played it. if any one does have a solution. plz chat me ... THE EDGE1970
Old 09-17-2008, 09:18 PM   #17
slapyourmouf

slapyourmouf's Gamercard
It really depends if you were going after a certain type of "kill' achievement.

slapyourmouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:44 AM   #18
Meese_Rancher

Meese Rancher's Gamercard
Ok, this is really annoying. Ive read this thread and did not change my costume (I only let the game change the costume as you progress through the story) or lightsaber colour and still got this damn glitch on level 8. I did however change the crystal that adds lightsaber effects and only that crystal, so it seems that changing anything will result in this glitch. I cant believe that the devs did not catch this if it is such a widespread problem.

Although it may be because I switched to a crystal that I got in the same level that it was collected. I read that someone did this with Kentos robe and found that if he put it on in the same level the next level glitched, but if he put it on the next level, it was fine.

Last edited by Meese_Rancher; 09-26-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Meese_Rancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:17 PM   #19
she haunts me

Zombie Disko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Just got this last night as well. On the Death Star. It pisses me off to no end. It's ridiculous how something this big got through testing considering it's happened to thousands of 360 and PS3 users.

Changing clothes has nothing to do with it. I never changed clothes or lightsabers once (in fear of getting this glitch) and I still got screwed.

Props to Boiled Frogs for the kick ass sig!
she haunts me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #20
VinasErgoth

Send a message via MSN to VinasErgoth

VinasErgoth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
It's happened to me now on Imperial Raxus Prime. I changed my costume once earlier in the game to the sith one (black, hooded) but it never glitched until this level. From what I've read though, the kill achievements still track, so I might just keep playing for them, and worry about the holocron achievement until last.

EDIT: A couple seconds after posting this, I unlocked Rebel Leader. Seem it does infact keep track of your kills still.

EDIT 2: At the end of the level, the area where my kills should have been was completely empty.

Last edited by VinasErgoth; 09-26-2008 at 06:48 PM.
VinasErgoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:32 PM   #21
SuperNova X2X

I'm still okay at the moment. And I've changed my Lightsaber and costume loads of times, so I don't think that could be the problem. Let's hope they patch it soon though, eh?
SuperNova X2X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:39 PM   #22
Raining Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNova X2X View Post
I'm still okay at the moment. And I've changed my Lightsaber and costume loads of times, so I don't think that could be the problem. Let's hope they patch it soon though, eh?
Thats how mine was.
Then Bang, out of nowhere on a later stage I get the glitch.

Thanks for renaming the thread it sounds better.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:43 PM   #23
SuperNova X2X

Well, I'm on the last level so I'm expecting it to hit me anytime now. I haven't been collecting the holocrons though, only the ones I see. So I'm assuming that's why it hasn't happened to me yet.

I'm going to finish them up in the next week, as I have about 10 - 20 left. Hopefully I can do it without any consequences.
SuperNova X2X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:13 PM   #24
Downsize

Downsize's Gamercard
Got Mine!

I JUST got my Holocron Collector achievement. I too was a victim of the *Default Text of death. As soon as I read the boards here, I immediately started a fresh game with a new save slot. This is what I did....

1. Played on Apprentice difficulty
2. Didnt change costumes at all throughout the entire game
3. Didnt change lightsaber color crystals throughout the entire game
4. Changed power crystals once, in lvl 1. (the one that deals extra melee damage)
5. Upgraded Starkiller's Force Power in every lvl.

75G!!

There's no need to delete your save file. Just start a fresh game and NEVER change your lightaber color or Costume.
Downsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:16 AM   #25
HeroOfCantonUK

HeroOfCantonUK's Gamercard
Yeah, this is annoying. First playthrough, have never entered lightsaber or costume screen and everything going fine till I got to Kashyyyk. Then it glitched. Wouldn't be quite so annoying if we could figure out what problem was. They better get it sorted soon though.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:24 AM   #26
Raining Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNova X2X View Post
Well, I'm on the last level so I'm expecting it to hit me anytime now. I haven't been collecting the holocrons though, only the ones I see. So I'm assuming that's why it hasn't happened to me yet.

I'm going to finish them up in the next week, as I have about 10 - 20 left. Hopefully I can do it without any consequences.
Well if your on the last level and dont have it then you wont get it.
Atleast it never happened during a level that I am aware of.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:14 AM   #27
SteakSalad

SteakSalad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I can also confirm that the glitch is not affected by changing costumes/light saber colors. I read about the glitch before playing, never messed with any custom settings in the menu and I got the glitch on level 8.

I can also confirm that you can go on to get all of your kill achievements.

Fuck Star WARS:FU. Fuck it.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:56 AM   #28
loki008

it just happen 2 me while i was playing on the Death Star level. I fond all the holocrons in the game and this is the only 1 that is 0/15
loki008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 12:17 PM   #29
snake42069

snake42069's Gamercard
you know whats the sad thing about this? Some of us are so desperate to get that 75 point achievement that we have gone through the game so many times we actually remember exactly where every holocron is, and can get through the game so quick. Thats just sad. And no matter how quick we are, we always get the glitch. It should be renamed to Force Unleashed: Star wars, so that the abbreviation would be FU:SW. hahahahah!
snake42069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:55 PM   #30
Plankenstien

Plankenstien's Gamercard
Angry Well Peeved Off!!!!!

I have had the same problem as most other people with this default text thing. But what has realy hacked me off was the fact my holocron achivement did not register even though i've been back throught the two level it happened on!!!! Has this happened to any one else?
Plankenstien is offline   Reply With Quote