Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Feedback
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-15-2008, 07:50 PM   #1
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Problems with a My360Achievements Checklist? Post here. (READ FIRST POST!!!)

Ok, I decided to make a new one of these so I could have all the many solutions up front that will hopefully help people before they even need to post. If you don't even know how to enable lists or use this feature in general, please see this thread.

*******Essentially the fix for almost everything is just to delete the problematic checklist, re-enable it, and recheck everything.*******

NOTE: Disabling is different from deleting. To delete a list, hit the Red X from the "My Checklists" page. If you simply disable the list (inside the game's checklist), it won't solve anything. Here is a picture of where you need to click to delete a list.

1. Secret Achievements do not stay checked.
Well, this is an easy fix, but you will need to let me know what game is broken. There is an option in games under the admin system that says "Secret Achievements" and the default is 0 for no. When an achievement list is added that contains secrets we are supposed to go in and change the value to 1 for yes, but we don't always remember and the secrets will not save without that value changed. Once you let me know what game is broken I just have to change the value and it will work.

2. You say you fixed the above problem but the list still won't save!
If this is the case, please simply delete your checklist by hitting the Red X from the main list of checklists, then re-enable it and re-check everything. I apologize that this is the best fix, but it is.

3. I check an achievement and save, then it checks a different achievement.
This problem occurs when a game gets DLC achievements added that are secret. We don't know why it happens or how to fix it, but when we add secret achievements to a game after the original list has been imported, the list breaks completely for anyone who has been using it before the new achievements were added. Again, you will need to delete the checklist and re-enable it. And again, we are very sorry that this is the case, but it is.

4. My browser timed out/the site crashed while saving a checklist.
If this happens, the list will think it has received the data, updating your score, but not keeping the achievements checked off or it will check the achievements but not update your score. Again, deleting and re-enabling is the only fix. (This problem is much rarer now that it was previously, but just in case.)

5. I get an SQL error anytime I try to save achievements.
This was caused by some coding work we had done to speed up the saving process. Unfortunately the only fix is again to delete the checklist, then re-enable and recheck everything. This error will not occur in the future, but any games affected by the original mistake will need to be fixed.

6. DLC Achievements do not save.
When we add DLC achievements to a list, it becomes unusable if you had been using it before the DLC was added. We unfortunately can not find the cause, but again it is an easy fix of deleting the list, re-enabling it and rechecking everything.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited by The Pants Party; 07-28-2011 at 07:53 PM.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:39 AM   #2
Agent Aero

Aero x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Well before i buy a game i check of the achievements im probably likely to get and iv done this with bioshock and in my checklists it says 0/1100, but iv ticked around 850/1100 and done it twice.Just thought id let you know.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
Andrew x360a
Guide Team

Andrew x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   The Mighty Duck Face   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
2. You say you fixed the above problem but the list still won't save!
If this is the case, please simply delete your checklist by hitting the Red X from the main list of checklists, then re-enable it and re-check everything. I apologize that this is the best fix, but it is... here is a picture of where you need to click to delete a list.
Hey Pants, just to clarify for people like me who don't seem to be able to follow instructions exactly, clicking "Disable MyAchievements" while you're actually in a particular game's checklist is not the same as clicking the Red X from the general list of games. The Disable MyAchievements option will not fix this problem.

Staff Clubs: [4]
Challenge Clubs: Tier One [3], Tier Two [2], Tier Three [0]
Overachiever: [24]
Arcade Crazy: [17]
Retail Completions: [109]
Arcade/Phone/PC Completions: [133]
Andrew x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:52 AM   #4
uberviolence

uberviolence's Gamercard
I'm having trouble with the checklists (obviously)

They don't seem to recognise sometimes when I've checked things (i.e, I check them off and save and when I go back the ones I just saved aren't saved)
I have tried the deleting the checklist and starting again but it doesn't seem to work.
This also happens on new games (one's I've not checked anything off on before and only just added to my checklists)

The other issue I have is that when I click save it's REALLY slow saving (been waiting about 5 mins for it to save my achievements for Battlefield:BC now, usually it's anywhere between 2-5 mins)

All other sites load as they should, I'm using Windows Vista and the same problem seems to occur in IE, Firefox and Chrome, please help me work out why it's like surfing on dial-up when I use the site
uberviolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 02:54 AM   #5
Siegfried

Send a message via MSN to Siegfried

SiegfriedX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah, my list is incredibly slow today as uberviolence said.

All sections of the site load OK, my games list loads ok, but when I click on a game to open the achievement list or add an achievement and try to save, it's taking more than 10 minutes.

Siegfried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:41 PM   #6
Rushy

Rushy UK's Gamercard
Same for me, been unable to use my lists at all for the past few days. Everything else is fine.
Rushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:04 PM   #7
Kal-El814

KalEl814's Gamercard
Checklists are taking a long time for me as well. To enable them for a game, check and save it's probably taking upwards of 15 minutes per game.
Kal-El814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #8
cliche1

cliche1's Gamercard
hi the checklist 4 the star wars the force unleashed add on doesnt save
cliche1
cliche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #9
Dangerous Brian

dangerousb2009's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew x360a View Post
Hey Pants, just to clarify for people like me who don't seem to be able to follow instructions exactly, clicking "Disable MyAchievements" while you're actually in a particular game's checklist is not the same as clicking the Red X from the general list of games. The Disable MyAchievements option will not fix this problem.
Thanks for the clarification!

I have done many shameful and idiotic things for achievements. I have fullfilled 1000 wishes, COMPLETED Dr. Robotnics MBM, paid 8m for a tour of a bullet, fought the cave glitch (damn Two Worlds), completed the same game 4 times, played Risen. I even paid 12 for Avatar TLA: TBE, played it for 2 mins and traded it back in. And the most shameful thing, I regret nothing!
Dangerous Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #10
Jericholic101

Jericholic101's Gamercard
Having issues with the Left 4 Dead 2 the scarfice achievements. Can not get "Supreme Scarifce" and "Kill Bill" to stay checked. Once I click save they both get unchecked and "Chaos Generator" gets checked in its place.
Jericholic101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:46 PM   #11
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericholic101 View Post
Having issues with the Left 4 Dead 2 the scarfice achievements. Can not get "Supreme Scarifce" and "Kill Bill" to stay checked. Once I click save they both get unchecked and "Chaos Generator" gets checked in its place.
Did you bother to read the first post and try ANYTHING suggested there?

Old 10-29-2008, 05:48 AM   #12
fantom88

pwnseidon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Hi, the secret achievements for Guitar Hero: World Tour are not staying checked. Thanks.
fantom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #13
fantom88

pwnseidon's Gamercard

Hi, the new achievement for Marble Blast Ultra will not update. Thanks. It is called "Blue Gem Hunt"
Old 10-29-2008, 04:16 PM   #14
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Fixed GHWT. The MBU achievements probably fall under #3, try deleting and re-enabling the list.

Also, speeds should be much better now from the maintenance Routine did on Monday.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:41 PM   #15
pinata242

pinata242's Gamercard
This one seems to be specific to XBLA Ms. Pac-Man for me:

Quote:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE gameID = 184 and userID = 22117' at line 3
Other games on my list work and I can safely save Ms. Pac-Man with 0 achievements, but 1..12 result in that error message.

I have removed the game from my list and re-added it but, as expected, the SQL generated didn't magically fix itself
pinata242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 11:47 PM   #16
jukkakhan

JukkaKhan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Gold   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I get the same error as pinata242 but for Guitar Hero 2 and Guitar Hero 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Hero II
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE gameID = 195 and userID = 50773' at line 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Hero III
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE gameID = 393 and userID = 50773' at line 3
Update: Both games seem to be working now for me.

Last edited by jukkakhan; 10-30-2008 at 04:37 PM.
jukkakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:16 PM   #17
pinata242

pinata242's Gamercard
Anybody looking into this issue? Seems fairly simple to get someone to look at why the sql being generated isn't working.
pinata242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:22 PM   #18
Elitism

Elitism's Gamercard
Guitar hero III

Guitar hero III will not save my checked off achievements...here is the error it gives...

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE gameID = 393 and userID = 55266' at line 3

Thanks...

ATTN: I'm an ADULT gamer with MIC and I am only looking for serious boosting partners. Thanks!
Elitism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:34 AM   #19
TheCanWithin

Aazarah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
This sort of relates to number 3.

In "Marble Blast Ultra", when you check one of the newly released achievements and then hit save (For example "Blue Gem Hunt"), they uncheck themselves and the total score remains the same as it was before. (Basically, the list isn't working).
Old 11-01-2008, 03:11 AM   #20
fantom88

pwnseidon's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanWithin View Post
This sort of relates to number 3.

In "Marble Blast Ultra", when you check one of the newly released achievements and then hit save (For example "Blue Gem Hunt"), they uncheck themselves and the total score remains the same as it was before. (Basically, the list isn't working).
Hey, Pants Party laid it out a little bit above here but I created a thread in the Marble Blast Ultra forum outlining the solution to the problem. (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=101638)

Basically, you must delete the tracking data for that game. (simply disabling it and then re-enabling it will not work)

Edit in response to reply: No problem!

Last edited by fantom88; 11-01-2008 at 03:14 AM.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:14 AM   #21
TheCanWithin

Aazarah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom88 View Post
Hey, Pants Party laid it out a little bit above here but I created a thread in the Marble Blast Ultra forum outlining the solution to the problem. (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=101638)
Ooops, well, thanks for that
Old 11-02-2008, 11:07 AM   #22
venom1983Pro

venom1983PRO's Gamercard
On my list of game sit showns all the achievments i have got but when i then click on the link to take me to any of the games there are no achievments ticked and says I have 0 gamer score and 0 achievments, go back to the list and it still shows all the games and the bars are filled in and says how much i have done!

venom1983Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 11:09 AM   #23
venom1983Pro

venom1983PRO's Gamercard
Sorry scratch that just been back on and is now working fine!

Its just my Guitar Hero 2 and 3 that arent working

venom1983Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:50 PM   #24
marsmj

marsmj's Gamercard
Fix't by deleting and then re-getting it. Sorry, shoulda tried that before posting.

Current Retail:
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 575/1250
The Simpsons 75/1000
Halo 3 60/1000
Rock Band 50/1000
Assassin's Creed 0/1000

Current Arcade:
Aegis Wing 65/200

Completed Games:

Last edited by marsmj; 11-02-2008 at 02:54 PM.
marsmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #25
Sway Leggs

Sway Leggs's Gamercard
Im not sure if this is the right place for this, but id like to know why
madden 09 is not on the list?

Sway Leggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:12 AM   #26
lu3mm3l

lu3mm3l's Gamercard
Wrote this in another thread before: Saving Rez HD achievements still doesnt work.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:34 PM   #27
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Ok, it appears the database work that we had done last week created all the SQL problems. I am sorry to report, but deleting, re-enabling and re-checking any achievements is currently the only fix for this. This will work for any and all games that show an SQL error when you try to save achievements.

Sway Leggs: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/

Old 11-03-2008, 09:06 PM   #28
urAssass1n

urAssass1n's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
more of a suggestion rather then a bug

Hey Pants, not sure if this is the correct area to post this, if not, I apologize, but as a suggestion, for the games that have the DLC instead of automatically tacking on the extra gamerscore leave that option to the user. If we could check off the fact that we have the DLC then the extra achievements show up. I try to keep my achievements to at least 50% complete overall, but that is really difficult to do when there are games that have extra achievements that I will never get the DLC. This became really evident to me when halo3 released their 750 GS addition. Thanks in advance.

urAssass1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 01:35 AM   #29
Malikkr

FluffyG43's Gamercard
Thanks, really helpful.

100% Retail Games - Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Eragon, Halo 3
100% Arcade Games - Dash of Destruction

Last edited by Malikkr; 11-06-2008 at 01:38 AM.
Malikkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:05 AM   #30
Ozrix

I noticed a bug on x360a.org and this seems like the right place to post it. If someone else already mentioned this, I'm sorry didn't really have time to read this whole thread.

On Fable 2, I have a checklist set up. Now if I go to the game in 'Guide' mode and select a few achievements and hit save, it is not saving them. This does work in the 'Achievements' mode. Not sure if you should even be able to update your checklists from the guide section, but I'm assuming since the boxes and save button are there, then they should be functional.

Thanks

100% Retails (25): Ninety-Nine Nights, Viva Pinata, Oblivion(1250), Blue Dragon, Assassin's Creed...
100% Live Arcade (8): Feeding Frenzy, Aegis Wing, Prince of Persia, Geometry Wars Evolved 2, N+...
Ozrix is offline   Reply With Quote