Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-21-2008, 08:56 AM   #1
The Drumber 1

the drumber 1's Gamercard
Max level = max stats?

If I reach the top level (60?) will I have enough points to max out all the stats? I'm only getting one point per level and it doesn't look like I'm going to make it.

The Drumber 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:38 PM   #2
FoxAibo

Send a message via MSN to FoxAibo

FoxAibo's Gamercard
no you cant max them out, the total amount of points you get also depends if you spent any on Intimidate or Charm. if you are going for the total you can get its 126 points to spend, but 24 are free intimidate and/or charm points, to get them takes alot time

everytime you get made a spectre at the start of the game you get free points to both intimidate and charm then you get extra points when you increase your Paragon/Renegade level at certain stages.

the problem with doing this, is that it takes about 4 play thoughs to get intimidate and charm max'd out on a single profile. with alot of the intimidate/charms options greyed out until the second play though as you dont have enough points

the bigger problem is the achievements, for example: if you unlock the AI hacking achievement it will also unlock the ability to add AI hacking to all class types when you create a new profile (these rewards cant be added to a existing profile), this means you can end up with 13 different sections with 12 slots per section to spend your points on. so there is 156 slots in total, so your short by 30 points by doing the above trick for the free points.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:04 PM   #3
The Drumber 1

the drumber 1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxAibo View Post
no you cant max them out, the total amount of points you get also depends if you spent any on Intimidate or Charm. if you are going for the total you can get its 126 points to spend, but 24 are free intimidate and/or charm points, to get them takes alot time

everytime you get made a spectre at the start of the game you get free points to both intimidate and charm then you get extra points when you increase your Paragon/Renegade level at certain stages.

the problem with doing this, is that it takes about 4 play thoughs to get intimidate and charm max'd out on a single profile. with alot of the intimidate/charms options greyed out until the second play though as you dont have enough points

the bigger problem is the achievements, for example: if you unlock the AI hacking achievement it will also unlock the ability to add AI hacking to all class types when you create a new profile (these rewards cant be added to a existing profile), this means you can end up with 13 different sections with 12 slots per section to spend your points on. so there is 156 slots in total, so your short by 30 points by doing the above trick for the free points.
Ok, thanks.

The Drumber 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 02:32 PM   #4
Edable Giraffe

Edible Giraffe's Gamercard
fox, i dont like you sig, it unnerves me

and on topic, i was annoyed when i founf out i couldnt max all my stats, i spent so many points on charm and intimidate for the achievements

Edable Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:14 PM   #5
ashtonwright

Micheal Wright's Gamercard
yer, its kinda a pain to not be able to max everything

would of thought they'd give you some extra points during the level 50 - 60 to show your commitment

vs

ashtonwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #6
sklib

Sklib's Gamercard
It's not like it's extremely hard if you don't max your stats anyway...
Assassin's Creed II

200/200
Dash of Destruction
Battlefield 1943
sklib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:51 PM   #7
mark212

Bieser101's Gamercard
Hell I didnt even realize 60 was as high as you could go. I thought it would have been 99. Which I think would have let you level your stats to the fullest

mark212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:38 PM   #8
BooseyGirl
Banned User

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
That's just stupid, really. I don't understand why they would do that in Mass Effect. Obviously they want people to play this game and the replay-ability is pretty high because a lot of people go for achievements. I feel ripped off that I can't max my stats to the highest...grrrrr!
BooseyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:49 AM   #9
sweenish182

sweenish182's Gamercard
why does the pistol need to be maxed out anyway? or the shotgun for that matter?

all they give you are gun-specific abilities. excluding the guns i never use, i have my characters maxed out. sure it's not 100% uber max, but if you never use those weapons, there's no point in touching them.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:12 AM   #10
FoxAibo

Send a message via MSN to FoxAibo

FoxAibo's Gamercard
I keep thinking about the completed game save file, the game creates.

if ME2 is a direct follow on for the characters and this file is used so ME2 is a reflection of your decisions in the first game, then the level 60 limit may have been placed to stop your character becoming too strong in the next game if the character stats cross over too.

The idea of starting ME2 with a level 1 shepard and having to relearn all his/her skills again, just doesn't seem right. they could add new weapon classes or new tech/biotic to flesh it out but they could expand ME2 to level 80 or 100 so it is as shepard is continuing to learn as any person would.

of course thats if we play as shepard again which is what most rumours are pointing to.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:52 PM   #11
ashtonwright

Micheal Wright's Gamercard
yer would be good to become higher than 60 in ME2 which i think would be obvious

i would also like to see the skills you learnt to become more powerful in a wider sense than they were in the game, n so if you didnt learn a skill in ME then you cant learn that in ME2 so kinda making you learn most to all skills so you would be ready for ME2

tbh i would like to see them do it like FFX had their powers n stuff, where you had ur specific jobs n powers for that class, e.g kaiden learns most skills like a mage, but liara has her medic skills n have a few skills which are more focused to her so more powerful than kaiden, ashley more of a warrior etc.

vs

ashtonwright is offline   Reply With Quote