PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
ferrara316

ferrara316's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Gears kills you rep

granted i have never have glitch or even know how to glitch in this game; and i never quit games anymore, sore losers are still likely to avoid you as a player/file complaints. i really hate the fact that gears is pretty much the only game this happens. does anyone else agree.
ferrara316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 03:10 PM   #2
Figgsy91
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Figgsy91

Figgsy x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Angry Damn bastards!

100%. There's just too many assholes playing that game. Don't they have other games to piss people off? It's people like that that riun the xbox live experience. Go do something constructive. Build a LEGO house and put your face through it.
Figgsy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 03:33 PM   #3
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
wait... rep doesn't really matter does it?
I give ppl bad reps all the time and i still wind up wit them

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 05:28 PM   #4
gingerCHRIS123

GingerCHRIS123's Gamercard
Every time i go on gears online, my 360voice says my reps dropped, then when i have a look its gone down, i don't quit early like people reported me for, or glitch, my mate does though.
he glitched about 5 achievments, and his mate +700GS off this game. They weapon slide and stuff, but its my rep who gets hurt, thats why i don't play much
Old 08-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #5
Gnome Smasher

Gnome Smasher's Gamercard
I totally agree, my rep went to the pooper after I played gears.
Gnome Smasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:07 PM   #6
True Mister Six

True Mister Six's Gamercard
I agree. This is definitely the case.
True Mister Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:19 AM   #7
Santa

RedGearz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I just took 15 chainsaw kills on Raven Down, and they were all slagging me off for not looking behind them.
Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:12 PM   #8
ferrara316

ferrara316's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
no matter what you do they just dont care its always cheap....
CHAINSAW : CHEAP
FRAG TAG : CHEAP
ACTIVE: CHEAP
HOST: CHEAP

they might as well just take every gun out of gears 2 so nothing will be cheap
ferrara316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:01 PM   #9
ZZBroncos

ZZBroncos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrara316 View Post
no matter what you do they just dont care its always cheap....
CHAINSAW : CHEAP Its broken, try to use that shotgun that requires you to aim and not camp behind corners
FRAG TAG : CHEAP Its called fag tagging for a reason..
ACTIVE: CHEAP There is something called a head, pop it. Active downing just shows someone is a crappy sniper. I can active down all day, but I don't active my snipe that way people cannot bitch. Its a lot more fun to just no-scope and pop-shot than active and takes significantly more skill.
If you have to pre-active to get kills your not good

HOST: CHEAP Theres always host, people just like to bitch. Just tell them to sell the game and wait for GoW2 or go host themselves, either way your still hosting

they might as well just take every gun out of gears 2 so nothing will be cheap
I never saw anything about torque, boom, pistol, shotgun bolkot, hammerburst, thrown grenades or hammer of dawn in there. Those things you mentioned, minus hosting, are cheap. If all you do is host though, then that is also kinda cheap because if your one of those people who brag about killing a guy when your host its pathetic because of the huge disparity in connections (one perfect, one not).
ZZBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 09:08 PM   #10
RRIKER

RRIKER's Gamercard
I'll never play this on LIVE unless it's a private match or I'm boosting.
Same with GTA IV and Halo3.
I can't stand the pre-teens, glitchers, racists, and the sore losers. If I wanted that kind of abuse I can simulate it by rolling my hands in broken glass and dragging them on a chalkboard while a little person stacks a cattle prod to my nethers and calls me a sad little piggy before uploading the whole thing on youtube. This is of course, after the massive head trauma that makes me go along with it in the sheer thoughts of "Wheeee!! a midget clown!" thinking I might actually have FUN playing a game I payed 60 smackeroos for.

Did you hear that? I think the invisble man is at your door. Go check.
RRIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:01 PM   #11
daman12369

daman12369's Gamercard
i dont

i dont agree, in fact playing gears increase my rep. playing halo decreases ur rep, but this is my opinion.

98% of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music.
If you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature: ROCK IS BETTER!

daman12369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:09 PM   #12
A Satyr

A Hades Satyr's Gamercard

Yup, my rep is terrible for crabwalking... oh well i like it.
A Satyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:26 AM   #13
D1RTY M0F0

Send a message via AIM to D1RTY M0F0

GDNA CHR0NIC's Gamercard
I don't give a fk about the rep. Love a little hate relationship

D1RTY M0F0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:41 PM   #14
Deadly Moves
Banned User

Deadly Moves's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yeah.. ive lost 5% rep since i started playing gears again...
and i just keep mouth shut and dont glitch or anything like that..
There are still too many idiots on gears online..
Deadly Moves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:32 PM   #15
Marx0r

Send a message via MSN to Marx0r

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Donator - Level 3   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tournament - Final 4   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZBroncos View Post
I never saw anything about torque, boom, pistol, shotgun bolkot, hammerburst, thrown grenades or hammer of dawn in there. Those things you mentioned, minus hosting, are cheap. If all you do is host though, then that is also kinda cheap because if your one of those people who brag about killing a guy when your host its pathetic because of the huge disparity in connections (one perfect, one not).
You've got to be kidding me. The weapons are IN THE GAME. The people who created Gears decided to put every weapon in the game for a reason, and balanced them all in the way they saw fit. If you find it annoying when people fragtag you, chainsaw you, active you, anything, your problem is with the game, not the players.

And yes, the online community is horrible. I only play player with my x360a brethren or boost.

I played in a ranked match to try to get my kills even the other day, and the host was standbying. Then he called me a fag for meleeing him down with a torque bow AFTER he had standbyed and was suddenly 2 feet away from me. Which pretty much sums up my experience with ranked Gears.

And the future is certain, give us time to work it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the b1ues View Post
Your an idiot
Marx0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 07:21 PM   #16
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
ALL of my bad rep is from GoW.

As for weapons, I don't mind any of them. Except for the fag tag. It's the most annoying thing. I'm all for using a chainsaw or something but the frag tags come out of nowhere... no warning. It's lame. So I usually end up running for the frags and making sure I blow the fags in half before they're even able to pick the stupid things up.

Read them.... apply them.

Last edited by Skillet; 08-16-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:28 PM   #17
Piccolo549

Send a message via AIM to Piccolo549

PiccoloxxReborn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
gears took me from 97% down to 55%, since then ive only gone to 51%, so 40% avoided came from gears.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:31 AM   #18
KING XXX Rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx0r View Post
You've got to be kidding me. The weapons are IN THE GAME. The people who created Gears decided to put every weapon in the game for a reason, and balanced them all in the way they saw fit. If you find it annoying when people fragtag you, chainsaw you, active you, anything, your problem is with the game, not the players.

And yes, the online community is horrible. I only play player with my x360a brethren or boost.

I played in a ranked match to try to get my kills even the other day, and the host was standbying. Then he called me a fag for meleeing him down with a torque bow AFTER he had standbyed and was suddenly 2 feet away from me. Which pretty much sums up my experience with ranked Gears.

Preach on fellow gamer. I really get ticked when a gamer complains about you using a weapon you feel that fits you and will benefit in your teams success. You have some gamers complain because you frag tagg, chainsaw, pistol whip, active, snipe beat down, 2 piece, boomshot kill etc.... What else is there to do??? I just give bad feedback to anyone who complains and try to provoke you tby calling you names on the mic to start an argument because they are getting owned.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #19
Blkmag1k

W4RTORN SOLDIER's Gamercard
this game is all about shit talking, it will continue on to GoW2.

Blkmag1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:00 AM   #20
Mhines94

Send a message via AIM to Mhines94

PaPa MIKE 94's Gamercard
Me 2 all my bad rep is from gears ppl who suck at it.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:47 PM   #21
DarkPyroGuy_09

DarkPyroGuy 09's Gamercard
I look at it in two ways ya there are a lot of people who all they do is active with the snipe on warzone and then trash talk because they think there good. But, on the other side of things you can find some nice people on Gears and that is RARELY. My rep has come down too, not much but it has. I only give bad rep to people who glitch on Ranked matches and Trash talk constantly or get irritating.

And when someone double beat downs me, active snipes me, I do it back.

And about the chainsaw, frag tag, being cheap depends on the user.

98% Of people under the age of 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

DarkPyroGuy_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:53 PM   #22
dm master

DM Master's Gamercard

COD4 is worse i promise you
dm master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:08 AM   #23
Yogurt Top

Yogurt Top's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm master View Post
COD4 is worse i promise you
i think saints row is the worst of the lot
Yogurt Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:29 AM   #24
EliteAlucard

Send a message via AIM to EliteAlucard

o CLiFF x's Gamercard
and you care about rep why... its these stupid kids loss for wasting their time to file something so useless.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:03 AM   #25
zephyr1991

zephyr1991's Gamercard
If one person on your team glitches, or worse more, the whole team will get avoided. Period. Thats how it goes in gears, it also goes for racist and just about the norm in Xbox Live. Don't get on the team with assholes.

One game was actually in my view worse than gears for rep, that being Kane And Lynch: Dead Men. Unsporting will kill your rep because it IS the name of the game. Get money, kill your teammates, get away... but everyone will prefer to stick together and play it like a soldier than a thief, which means if you so much as look at them wrong, prepare for bad rep.

zephyr1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:03 PM   #26
EliteAlucard

Send a message via AIM to EliteAlucard

o CLiFF x's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr1991 View Post
If one person on your team glitches, or worse more, the whole team will get avoided. Period. Thats how it goes in gears, it also goes for racist and just about the norm in Xbox Live. Don't get on the team with assholes.

One game was actually in my view worse than gears for rep, that being Kane And Lynch: Dead Men. Unsporting will kill your rep because it IS the name of the game. Get money, kill your teammates, get away... but everyone will prefer to stick together and play it like a soldier than a thief, which means if you so much as look at them wrong, prepare for bad rep.
How can you blame kane and lynch players? if you play the way they don't wanna play, then they should submit a bad player review so they don't have to play with you anymore.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:21 PM   #27
STaLLoNe86

The absolute worst, most pathetic thing people on Gears can possibly complain about is, what is called... "lancering".

I can't understand how people can bitch and moan about a player using the primary weapon. THAT is atrocious. I mean, SERIOUSLY, how could this be? I'm given 300 goddamn bullets with this thing, and people are going to bitch me out if I use it?I hardly use 2/3 of that ammo every round, yet cries of "fucking lancering fag" are heard all too often.

THAT is the lamest thing in the game.
STaLLoNe86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:25 PM   #28
revenge7777

revenge u 2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by STaLLoNe86 View Post
The absolute worst, most pathetic thing people on Gears can possibly complain about is, what is called... "lancering".

I can't understand how people can bitch and moan about a player using the primary weapon. THAT is atrocious. I mean, SERIOUSLY, how could this be? I'm given 300 goddamn bullets with this thing, and people are going to bitch me out if I use it?I hardly use 2/3 of that ammo every round, yet cries of "fucking lancering fag" are heard all too often.

THAT is the lamest thing in the game.
Yup... "that n00b on the other team is using the lancer" i heard that phrase a million times.

revenge7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 06:43 AM   #29
ConclusionZ

RtK x R3dEyE x's Gamercard
Well the game didn't used to be like that. Now it is though. I have 29.8k kills can't even get 30k because people quit to much. I just gave up on it.
ConclusionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:54 AM   #30
winter182

Winter182's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConclusionZ View Post
Well the game didn't used to be like that. Now it is though. I have 29.8k kills can't even get 30k because people quit to much. I just gave up on it.
What a load of bull you can't get 200 kills? I play this game a lot and have just over 40k kills and mine still go up fast, even if people do quit including the host the majority of games still count towards the leaderboards.

Also i don't care about the bad rep i just love the game whatever weapon people use its their choice.

SUNDERLAND!!!
winter182 is offline   Reply With Quote