PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Half Life 2: The Orange Box
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-11-2008, 06:26 AM   #61
Link2430

Saulbak's Gamercard

We are here to help people. Either have some constructive criticism or just get out. Hopefully you figured things out.

Edit: Oops got put on the next page, but what the guy before me said...haha.

Last edited by Link2430; 04-11-2008 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Post got put on next page, making my clever smiley irrelevant and therefore making me retarded...
Link2430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #62
Venomized

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
yo i never got warden freeman. It says its story line so you wont miss it, but i dont got it.
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:20 PM   #63
Venomized

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
I also apologize for my rudeness everyone. You guys are still kind, even when i was being rude.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:59 PM   #64
Venomized

How stupid.it says in the level nova prospekt, but its in entanglement. thats why.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:06 AM   #65
Venomized

Hey everyone. Can anyone tell me what chapter Counter sniper achievement is got in?
Old 04-13-2008, 10:30 AM   #66
Link2430

Saulbak's Gamercard
Hey man, instead of posting a bunch of times in a row just edit your first one. People don't like to see 4 posts in a row by the same guy. It makes things cleaner and you still get your message out there.

As for your questions I'm not 100% sure, but I think you get Counter Sniper on Follow Freeman.
Link2430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:49 PM   #67
Ryles30

RHof's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomized View Post
Hey everyone. Can anyone tell me what chapter Counter sniper achievement is got in?
EVEN though there are 2 snipers in Ravenholm, you only need to kill the 5 in Follow Freeman.
Ryles30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:12 AM   #68
Armstrong x360a

Armstrong x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
I also apologize for my rudeness everyone. You guys are still kind, even when i was being rude.
That's the spirit, you'll fit in here just fine.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:56 AM   #69
Venomized

Hey guys. For episode 2, achievement: neighborhood watch, is it throughout the whole episode, or in one chapter, if one chapter, which one?

ahh for pinata party its so confusing. Why dont you put the chapters down for each one. . . make it so much more easier. I cant find a single video on youtube for them. Anyone help me with this. Tell me the chapters or send me a link to a vid. (episode 2 achievements)

Last edited by Venomized; 04-16-2008 at 03:15 AM.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:57 AM   #70
Venomized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link2430 View Post
Hey man, instead of posting a bunch of times in a row just edit your first one. People don't like to see 4 posts in a row by the same guy. It makes things cleaner and you still get your message out there.

As for your questions I'm not 100% sure, but I think you get Counter Sniper on Follow Freeman.
Well in this other forum i go to. . u only have 5 mins to edit it. Not sure how much time u have it for here.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:21 AM   #71
Armstrong x360a

Armstrong x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Well in this other forum i go to. . u only have 5 mins to edit it. Not sure how much time u have it for here.
You can always edit your post. It's one of the little green buttons on the bottom right of your post next to the quote button. Also, here it's the polite thing to do too so it wouldn't hurt to get into the habit of it.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:26 AM   #72
Wouter666

Ron Jeremy R6's Gamercard
Quote:
Hey guys. For episode 2, achievement: neighborhood watch, is it throughout the whole episode, or in one chapter, if one chapter, which one?

ahh for pinata party its so confusing. Why dont you put the chapters down for each one. . . make it so much more easier. I cant find a single video on youtube for them. Anyone help me with this. Tell me the chapters or send me a link to a vid. (episode 2 achievements)
Neighbourhood Watch: All in 1 Chapter, Don't know the name, but you'll know when you are there, it's at the end of the game.

Pinata Party: Also in 1 Chapter, Chapter 1 or 2, underground in the caves.
Wouter666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 04:37 AM   #73
Venomized

This is my 4th time doing this and everytime i get to the thing saving alex. . .i have 92 instead of 93. . is that correct. . and does anyone know where one is hidden really good that i might have missed???
Old 04-18-2008, 11:29 AM   #74
DarqStalker

DarqStalker's Gamercard
Great guide. I wish there were more 'ordered' achievement lists like this for other games. It's a great way to keep track and make sure you don't miss any achievements. I know these type of ordered lists wouldn't work for all games though.
DarqStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:17 AM   #75
hansen578
Banned User

hansen578's Gamercard
thanks for doin this bro now i can check the achivements from each sepereate thing on my laptop
hansen578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:03 AM   #76
bewarethefoopa

bewarethefoopa's Gamercard
glad this is here, i can finally start playing this again without worrying about missing anything else
bewarethefoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:05 AM   #77
Andrew14man

andrew14man's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link2430 View Post

OSHA Violation
5Kill 3 enemies using the crane.

In the chapter, Highway 17, you will come to a magnetic crane in which you need to pick up the buggy and place it on the higher level. When you get into the crane, 3 guys will come out from the building and start shooting you. Just pick up a huge container, and start swinging it at them. You can also drop it on them to kill them as well.

Targetted Advertising
5 Pin a soldier to the billboard in chapter Highway 17.

Just before you cross the bridge to that farm with many foes, there is a big car pile up. If you look next to it, there is a hill with a tree on it. Get up the hill and there should be a corpse with the crossbow. The player should still be able to stick that guy from the hill provided they aim slightly above the target.

Where Cubbage Fears to Tread
5 Defend Little Odessa from the gunship attack.

Story related so you can't miss it.
you messed this one up.

"where cubbage fears to Tread" should be before these two....

Click HERE to see all my 100% Completions.

Last edited by Andrew14man; 05-02-2008 at 05:08 AM.
Andrew14man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:31 PM   #78
Zoc

Zoc's Gamercard
for the achievement that you have to keep off the sand in the antlions chapter, if they don't spawn does that mean that i didnt touch the sand? because i didnt get the achiev. i kept on saving when i completed a little part of the level and reloaded that save when i touch the sand....was that alright? or you really have to restart from the auto save?
Zoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:56 AM   #79
KiV Nova

KiV Nova's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogboy12 View Post
Props for sorting the guide out! Anyways, how can I easily get the Conservationist achievement? I try but its very hard. MAybe i might be doing it wrong.
i got it by accident i just shot off an energy ball and it kept hitting combine so it said achievement un-
KiV Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:24 AM   #80
RINGO

III RINGO III's Gamercard
I dont know if this has been posted at all yet and it would probably tell me in-game....but.... I'll ask anyway.

Can you use the codes and still get the achievements?

(I know most of the portal codes cannot be used for obvious reasons)... but I thought I read somewhere that all the codes like infinite health and ammo can be used in hl2 and you can still get the achievements. can anyone confirm this?
RINGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 01:08 PM   #81
checkahh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGO View Post
I dont know if this has been posted at all yet and it would probably tell me in-game....but.... I'll ask anyway.

Can you use the codes and still get the achievements?

(I know most of the portal codes cannot be used for obvious reasons)... but I thought I read somewhere that all the codes like infinite health and ammo can be used in hl2 and you can still get the achievements. can anyone confirm this?
Yeah they work, they wont disable achievements in half life 2, check this thread:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=68577
checkahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:12 PM   #82
Ben172

Ben172's Gamercard
Is there a video guide for the grub achievement? My only HL2 achievement left...

Ben172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:23 AM   #83
Bergashnurga

Send a message via AIM to Bergashnurga

Bergashnurga's Gamercard
I don't have this yet but i've got some practice on the PC version so i think i may be able to get these no problems. thanks for the guide!
Bergashnurga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:08 PM   #84
BunnyCommando

BunnyCommando's Gamercard
Just as a heads up, didn't see it posted elsewhere and I read the whole thread, you can get 'Conservationist' in the early chapter of Episode 1. I skipped HL2 when I got Orange Box because I played it on the Xbox when it first came out. I managed to get Conservationist as I was escaping the Citadel at the start.

At leat I think thats what I was doing. It's been a while. Just doing HL2 now, then omward to Ep1 and 2...
BunnyCommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:43 AM   #85
Bergashnurga

Send a message via AIM to Bergashnurga

Bergashnurga's Gamercard
thanks! still having trouble gettin through ravenholm with the grav gun. getting stuck on the same rooftop in such a way that i literally can't move because those berserker zombies are everywhere and i don't have any thing to throw at them. they corner me next to a lift in a room at a rooftop. save my xbox microsoft so i can play half-life!
Bergashnurga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 08:24 PM   #86
Segui2525

Send a message via AIM to Segui2525 Send a message via Skype™ to Segui2525

Segui25's Gamercard
should i have the zombie chopper achievement before i go into the mine of ravenholm of after?

ok i found out that the mines do count...for future reference

Last edited by Segui2525; 08-08-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Segui2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:51 AM   #87
Hyakotake

KenslerDK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel My Rage View Post
Hey guys,I have a question.....is the Counter-Sniper achievement unlocked when you kill the snipers that are keeping barney holed up in the broken down warehouse?Because if so,I never got "Counter-Sniper"....(and I finished HL2 the other night)
i got it after saving barney on the rooftop, but i remember killing two snipers in an earlier level... i distinctly remember there is a sniper when youre going along a train track, and he is sitting in a closed walkway above the tracks... so do these two early snipers count too?
Hyakotake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:54 AM   #88
Hyakotake

KenslerDK's Gamercard
ARGH! i missed the keep off the sand achiev! i spawned antlions at the VERY beginning just after the two guys are eaten... but i got over the whole beach without any spawning... so it seems you have to complete the WHOLE section without spawning... the achiev description only states the "beach" so i thought i could still get it even after spawning once early on...
Old 08-14-2008, 10:15 PM   #89
Gazcobain

Gazcobain's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakotake View Post
i got it after saving barney on the rooftop, but i remember killing two snipers in an earlier level... i distinctly remember there is a sniper when youre going along a train track, and he is sitting in a closed walkway above the tracks... so do these two early snipers count too?
No, only the five on "Follow Freeman!" count.

I just got the Conservationist achievement on the level "Dark Energy". I waited until Breen was in his bubble, then ran up to where there are three columns of energy balls. When you approach the first one, three enemies come out. If you suck the three balls out of it and proceed to the second one, another three enemies come out (six in total). It's then just a case of grabbing an energy ball from the column, heading back to where they are, waiting until they are reasonably lined up and firing.

Might take a few tries but that's what worked for me.

Gazcobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:38 PM   #90
Hyakotake

KenslerDK's Gamercard
ok, thanks for clearing that sniper bit up...

what the.....??? i tried for the "off the sand" achiev again, and i KNOW i didnt spawn any antlions anywhere on that sand level... questions:

- do you need to take a specific route through the beach/sand? (i went through the gap with two large blue plates stocked up against it instead of going to the house and over the big stretch of sandy beach)
- can you touch the sand without spawning antlions (and thus inadverdantly screw up the achiev without knowing it until it DOESNT unlock as you drop down to the big antlion?)