PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rock Band 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-16-2008, 10:57 PM   #61
Hotdogmcgee

The full description on the Comeback Kid achievement says it has to be in xbox live play, it doesn't work locally. However, it doesn't say ranked play, so try it with a friend in a player match.

For the million points, we did it with 4 people on Give it Away. Vocals and drums on Medium, bass and guitar on hard. Final score was 1.49 million, so there's plenty of leeway to do it with three people or knock down the difficulty some. The bass part is pretty easy even on hard, with only a couple "tricky" parts. Vocals are mostly all talky parts, which work brilliantly right now with the vocal detection.

The million points can be done pretty easy on several songs if you've got 3-4 decent players, the key is to keep the multiplier going. It definately doesn't have to be on hard or expert.
Hotdogmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:54 PM   #62
punker

punkerhardcore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxGU1TARGODxx View Post
I played around with the Band Savior achievement and found a surefire to get it.
Plug in your guitar, drums and microphone. You need to play the guitar part but the drums and mic don't get played.

Go into Quickplay Band mode and select "Hello There". Choose the Easy difficulty for all three instruments. Then simply play the guitar part and save each player after they fail. You'll save the vocalist twice and the drummer once. The song will end and the achievement will unlock. You can't lose.
Excellent tip... it worked like a charm.

Your = possessive. As in, "your grammar sucks."
You're = you are. As in, "you're an idiot for not knowing the difference."

Proper capitalization matters. There is a massive difference between, "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse," and, "i helped my uncle jack off a horse."
punker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:05 AM   #63
TooMuchCowbell

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLogan27 View Post
I guess I'm stupid but I cannot find the drummer beat thingys. I thought I was doing it last night....I have no clue. Please enlighten me and free me from my stupidity.
Go to the Drum Trainer Achievement section of the guide. I have the location there.

TooMuchCowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:41 AM   #64
punker

punkerhardcore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
For Flawless Guitar Solo, I would suggest adding Kids in America as an option. The first solo is only like 25 notes, and the progression is very easy.

Your = possessive. As in, "your grammar sucks."
You're = you are. As in, "you're an idiot for not knowing the difference."

Proper capitalization matters. There is a massive difference between, "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse," and, "i helped my uncle jack off a horse."
punker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:28 AM   #65
o0 TommyGuns 0o

o0 TommyGuns 0o's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by punker View Post
For Flawless Guitar Solo, I would suggest adding Kids in America as an option. The first solo is only like 25 notes, and the progression is very easy.
i agree this is the song i got the achievement on aloso its very easy
Old 09-17-2008, 04:57 AM   #66
TheHip41

Quote:
Originally Posted by punker View Post

i'd do orange crush from RB1.

all single hold notes, maybe 12 total.
TheHip41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:20 AM   #67
Smoghog

Smoghog's Gamercard
Given my lack of skill with the drums on rock band 1 & 2, I decided to try an alternative strategy for getting the drum trainer achievements that actually worked out quite well on both beats and fills. The achievements for the drum trainer are stackable, so I started at 180 BPM for both challenge types and simply had a buddy of mine help me out with the ones I couldn't handle myself. In some cases, he would pull the bass pedal aside and take care of those parts, leaving me to focus solely on the pad notes. If I had to do pad notes with off beats, I'd focus on the steady ones (usually yellow or blue) and the bass part, and let my buddy hit the pad for the other color notes (usually red). Got all 4 achievements in about 5 minutes.

Hope this helps!
=)
Old 09-17-2008, 08:25 AM   #68
Smoghog

Smoghog's Gamercard
I got 100% Bass (upstrum only) on Elvis Costello the very first time I even played it. Might be worth checking into if anyone is having problems with this achivement.

PS - I got the same achievement in Rock Band 1 on Weezer, that would work equally well if you imported your RB1 tracks.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:14 AM   #69
edd__
Banned User

zigs00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
I'm throwing my opinions into the mix.
A lot of people are suggesting RB1 and DLC songs for the 100% achievements, but personally i feel like it's more important for the guide to refer to on-disc RB2 tracks first and foremost, and then perhaps mention other songs.
But definitely stating the RB2 song(s) as priorities, as you have to assume that someone using this guide may not want to pay to import their tracks, or have an XBL account to download free or payable DLC.
edd__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #70
Apple

Deez Apples's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - Runner Up   Submit - Gold   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
You can get gold stars pretty easy on So Watcha Want - Beastie Boys if you play the bass and use overdrive as soon as you get it. This is a lot easier than singing on expert, like your guide says now
Old 09-17-2008, 04:01 PM   #71
neok182

neok182's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
easiest way to get gold star and 100% vocals:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=91935

NO RANDOM XBL FRIEND REQUESTS PLEASE
neok182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 04:37 PM   #72
TooMuchCowbell

^^As long as you are making some sort of sound into your mic, you will get 100% on all rapping songs except Give it Away by RHCP.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:31 PM   #73
Apple

Deez Apples's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - Runner Up   Submit - Gold   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchCowbell View Post
^^As long as you are making some sort of sound into your mic, you will get 100% on all rapping songs except Give it Away by RHCP.
Just talking or making noise may get you 100%, but it doesn't always get you 5 Gold Stars. I held my mic up to the video of the Declaration of Independence being rehearsed for Rock Band 2 and it didn't give me 5 Gold Stars, only 100%. Just saying, 100% that song on bass and using Star Power as soon as you get it nets 5 Gold Stars every time.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:36 PM   #74
neok182

neok182's Gamercard

@Apple: well i can confirm that holding it up to your speakers while the song is playing in rock band will give you a gold star and i recited the declaration into it while it was playing and both gave me a gold star. the video of the declaration probably isn't clear enough for the game to give you a perfect star or you just didn't activate overdrive enough.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:38 PM   #75
SebastianSB

SebastianSB's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Great guide! I think it would be best to include a lot of warnings for the Bladder achievement...people seem to think they can trick the system by using the guide button or unplugging their controller, both of which are pretty much guaranteed not to work. Also guitarists should activate overdrive by lifting their guitars rather than hitting select in order to avoid accidentally pausing the game or bringing up the 360 guide. Wireless controllers should be avoided because if they run out of batteries during the LONG session they will pause the game. People should also make sure in advance that they can pass every song in advance since they'll only be getting one shot per song.

RBN Weekly Updates: http://www.trueachievements.com/lead...erboardid=1576
Attack of the Blog! http://sebspot.wordpress.com/
SebastianSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:00 PM   #76
Apple

Deez Apples's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by neok182 View Post
@Apple: well i can confirm that holding it up to your speakers while the song is playing in rock band will give you a gold star and i recited the declaration into it while it was playing and both gave me a gold star. the video of the declaration probably isn't clear enough for the game to give you a perfect star or you just didn't activate overdrive enough.
You know what, I'm pretty sure Overdrive never even went off now that I remember. haha, silly mistake
Old 09-17-2008, 06:56 PM   #77
Kwyjibo3637

Undying x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth
Does Comeback Kid have to be done in Ranked? it doesn't say so in the achievement description and the descriptions are very exact for this game..

EDIT: I feel kinda dumb..this was addressed (sort of) at the top of this page..

-100%-9 Retail-4 Arcade-

Kwyjibo3637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:49 PM   #78
neok182

neok182's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
You know what, I'm pretty sure Overdrive never even went off now that I remember. haha, silly mistake
lol there ya go. gotta do overdrive otherwise then yea no gold star most likely.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:43 PM   #79
TooMuchCowbell

Good news: I finished the guide at school during lunch. Bad news: The school computers crashed on me, so I lost the achievements that I wrote up on.

I'll re-write the couple of achievements left, shouldn't take that long. Going to add a few touches like bolding the song names and such right now.

Edit: Oh, wait. Nevermind, they did save. Suh-weet. Only the endless setlist ones left to do. I hope people don't blame me if they collapse while trying to get The Bladder award.

Edit 2: Guide is done. I wrote alot for Platinum Artist and The Bladder of Steel Award. Will fix it up a bit before I request a sticky. I said that none of the disconnecting controllers or hitting guide button will work.

Last edited by TooMuchCowbell; 09-17-2008 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:31 PM   #80
GaMeReVX

GaMeReVX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Silver
Quote:

Challenge Savant - Complete 25 Challenges on Expert Difficulty. 25G
For these achievements, you just have to beat the amount of challenges listed on the said difficulty. Keep in mind that you are binded by the lowest difficulty, so if one person is on easy, and the rest are on expert, you only get credit for expert. On top of a completed challenge, you will see an E for easy, M for medium, H for hard and X for expert.
Just wanted to point out a typo. You only get credit for the lowest difficulty. So it should read if one person is on easy, and the rest are on expert, you only get credit for easy.

Quote:
Comeback Kid - Defeat the last player that defeated you over Xbox LIVE in either Score Duel or Tug of War. 15G
For this one, you need to lose to someone online, and then play them again in the next match and beat them. The easiest way to do this is if you are able to play at a harder difficulty like Hard or Expert, go down to medium. Go into a match and purposely lose. After the match is over, go to their gamercard and make them a preferred player. Most likely, they will be going back to find another match, and you should too. If all goes as planned, you should be in the same match as them, and since it is on medium, you should be able to beat them. May take a couple of tries.
I have verified that this can be done via Player Match. For those trading, a minimum of 3 matches will get you this. Quickest way to get this is playing Charlene as that is the shortest song.

Gears of War 3 Video Collectibles Guide
Resident Evil 5 Video Emblem Guide

http://dlcquickplay.com/user/gamerevx
AotG: 1st to beat on Hard/US & Team to 200.
My 1st achievement guide!

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by GaMeReVX; 09-17-2008 at 09:47 PM.
GaMeReVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:52 PM   #81
rooter33

rooter33's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailmanchris View Post
My son got the 'cheev during Tug of War. He got 100% and it popped. (Damn me, I missed one note and didn't get it) This might be a glitch but it makes things 50% easier since you only do half the song and solo's are a breeze....

EDIT: This is confirmed! I did it myself playing Tug of War against no one on my other guitar (and by some luck I won too...)

The song We Got The Beat has a total note count of 482, but on Tug of War it's only 346. I had 100% so it gave me the cheev.

It is also CONFIRMED to work for the Bass, Vocals and Drum achievements.
(It makes Silver and So Watcha Want even easier than before)

Easy gs for all....

I did this one last night on guitar and bass, works like a champ.
rooter33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:25 PM   #82
TooMuchCowbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMeReVX View Post
Just wanted to point out a typo. You only get credit for the lowest difficulty. So it should read if one person is on easy, and the rest are on expert, you only get credit for easy.
Lol, fixed it. I obviously was not thinking when I wrote that. I had it correct in the Endless Setlist description.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:58 PM   #83
ZServ

ZServ's Gamercard
The Kill is another song perfect for the turner- bachman award. got roughly 2-3 minutes of the song in it, bass and guitar on expert. Also, if you're doing challenges in a band, whatever youre going for everyone gets. I can confirm, my friend got it playing bass when we were doing guitar.
ZServ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:07 PM   #84
RevenantSeraph

RevenantSeraph's Gamercard
Query:

Can anyone confirm that the "Clothes To The Edge" achievement requires $100k worth of purchases on one character? It would make sense that way, but it doesn't specifically state that; as such, I wonder if a grand total of $100k across multiple characters would work.

I'll see what I can do about confirming this one way or another, but I thought I'd see if anyone else knows anything about it before I go wasting that much time.
RevenantSeraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:16 PM   #85
edd__
Banned User

zigs00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
I think some of the achievement points might be wrong.
A guy on my friends list have a secret achievement worth 35G, but none of the ones listed in the guide do :S

edit:
oh, i think it's Buy A Real Instrument Already!
i know it's not a big deal, but you haven't listed it as a secret achievement, but doesn't that mean that the achievement aren't listed properly?

Last edited by edd__; 09-17-2008 at 11:19 PM.
edd__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:31 AM   #86
o0 TommyGuns 0o

o0 TommyGuns 0o's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
i dont no if this has been posted yet but if u no someone who has unlocked the impossible challenges for a given instrument u can play with him online and go straight to the impossoble challenge instead of playing all the challenges (but u have to get an invite from the player u cant invite the person with the impossible challenges unlocked)
Old 09-18-2008, 12:44 AM   #87
TooMuchCowbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd__ View Post
I think some of the achievement points might be wrong.
A guy on my friends list have a secret achievement worth 35G, but none of the ones listed in the guide do :S

edit:
oh, i think it's Buy A Real Instrument Already!
i know it's not a big deal, but you haven't listed it as a secret achievement, but doesn't that mean that the achievement aren't listed properly?
Like I said before, I used the achievement list that was on the site before the game's release. There were some very minor changes to descriptions and the achievement "Bragging Rights" became "Victory" for beating someone at a Tug of War or Score Duel Match. The Buy a Real Instrument Already achievement became a secret one. I didn't think it mattered that much, but I'll re-arrange it.

As for doing the Impossible Challenges with someone who has already done them. I had heard rumours, but nothing concrete. Will add to guide.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:56 AM   #88
ThorTheOdinSon

ThorTheOdinSon's Gamercard
how do i sign up for battle of the bands... your things says simply go to it and play it... i dont know if its just my RB or x box but it keeps saying i have to sign into rock central.. i ahve no idea what that is... might want to mention that.
ThorTheOdinSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:16 AM   #89
rooter33

rooter33's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcFly View Post
Alternative method: Play "Wave of Mutilation" by The Pixies (assuming you imported RB1 songs), the solo is very easy, just tapping orange notes and a couple of blue notes. Nothing quick, and no hammer ons. The solo comes up kind of quick after a chorus, but once you know when to expect it, it will be easy.
That song Wave of Mutilation worked for me, Also They Say by Scars on Broadway is the easiest song known to man for expert flawless guitar
rooter33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:51 AM   #90
TooMuchCowbell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorTheOdinSon View Post
how do i sign up for battle of the bands... your things says simply go to it and play it... i dont know if its just my RB or x box but it keeps saying i have to sign into rock central.. i ahve no idea what that is... might want to mention that.
"Rock Central" is just another name for the servers. It should connect automatically.