PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 5
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-19-2008, 02:41 AM   #61
Quagmire3540

Quagmire3540's Gamercard
Exclamation

mr.arrow I couldnt agree more that this game is far from racist... Its logical... I mean if you were in africa would you make the zombies all white,or hispanic, or asian... I mean comon everyone knows africa is mainly comprised of Africans.... To say this game is racist is absurd and the people making these accusations need to be checked out to see if they are racists that they would even come up with an outlandish idea like racism....this is 2008 not 1864... GROW UP

Last edited by Quagmire3540; 11-06-2008 at 07:55 PM.
Quagmire3540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 05:56 AM   #62
ApochWeiss

Send a message via AIM to ApochWeiss

Apoch x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Racism in general sucks. This is getting out of hand. Now we seriously can't shoot a character with a skin tone other then white in a video game to make the game geographically correct? I can't stand racism, especially when it affects me. There was a group of skinheads where I lived that I was a little in fear for. I'm German but my real name happens to be Jewish as well, and I was mistaken for that a lot. I wonder if people are going to resort to hate crimes soon in digital worlds. I can see it now.

---

David White, 38, was arrested recently for commiting cyber hate crimes and sentenced to serve 3 years in jail. David, an avid video gamer, had committed various acts of hate crime related murder against Raquisha Desmond, an African American college student, by targeting her repeatedly in the popular gaming series Halo 3.

"I felt that David was harassing me on-line and only attacking me because I was black. I did not physically see him attack any other people in the game. He then proceeded to shout 'Oh, snap! I own your ass!' and other slave-like racist comments." said Raquisha.

In court, David entered a plea of not guilty and was found guilty by a jury of his peers. "When the decision came through, David went absolutely balistic, saying that he wasn't being racist. He stated that the match was a 'free for all' and that there were only two other players in the room," commented one juror. "See, I don't believe him. There's ALWAYS more then three people in a room in Halo 3."

David is a college graduate and had just started a teaching job when the incident happened. Because of this, he has been let go.

---
How many people honestly forsee law suits like this happening soon, especially in the united states with the economy the way it is causing more stress. I was almost involved in a law suit regarding a hate crime. Some african american woman cut in line at GameStop right in front of me, telling her little (4 years old?) daughter it's ok because "the white man oppressed our ancestors". I asked her kindly why she felt like that, to explain my ancestors did nothing of the sort, and she went off about how I'm white and I'm "oppressing" her. It caused me to go off and explain I'm of German and Italian descent, my family wasn't even in this country around the time of slavery. And of course, I almost let loose with the "n" word, but an employee stopped me (the word would have been used in the right context, not as a racial slang, even though she called me "cracka'" and "honkey"). A few people cheered for me, then the woman started up again as I was leaving that she was calling the police. She actually took my license plate number too.

Gotta love racism...it's evolved so much that black and yellow crayons may not exist for fear it might aggrivate someone.

Now with film and game reviews (just for fun)!

ApochWeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:04 AM   #63
Chojin

Send a message via MSN to Chojin

Chojin22000's Gamercard
Quote:
I mean comon everyone knows africa is mainly comprised of African Americans....
This got a lol from me so it deserved a quote.

Chojin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:42 PM   #64
Purge

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Yeah some lifeless-loser always pulls out the racism card.

Soon those lifeless-losers will be saying that all Locust are similar to hated-stereotypes.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:01 PM   #65
TatteredRagDoll

TatteredRagDoll's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire3540 View Post
No Americans, just Africans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire3540 View Post

TatteredRagDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 04:08 PM   #66
Marx0r

Send a message via MSN to Marx0r

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Donator - Level 3   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tournament - Final 4   Submit - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
This reminds me of the time that someone said Crackdown was only about killing immigrants and nothing else, and if you didn't agree you were stupid. There will always be jackasses protesting something about video games when they could be fighting for world peace or to end starvation or something useful. Just ignore them.

And the future is certain, give us time to work it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the b1ues View Post
Your an idiot
Marx0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:50 AM   #67
J eVeRy DaY 514

J eVeRy DaY 514's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
i really hope that the worst is not yet to come with the media. how ignorant do you have to be to think that this can possibly be racist. some people will say anything to try and make controversy.

America is so reverse racist it seems like. i remember a few years back they found an eminem song from like 15 years ago where he dropped the n-bomb. it was a huge deal and even though all his friends are black he's still questioned as a racist. but then you have black rappers who say 'cracker' multiple times, but it's not racist for some reason and if it was put on the news, whites would probably be called racists for trying to exploit racism.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #68
death525

xxdeath525death's Gamercard
i saw this comin first day i saw resident evil 5 i knew it would just be a matter of time
death525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:38 AM   #69
II KaotiK

Drjft's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This is just a quick reply, but personally, I think it's ridiuculous that such stupidity, that this has even been called rascism.

I mean, we are happy to go killing Germans, Japanese, Vietnamese, etc in WWII / War games, and it's not looked upon, but as soon as black people are killed in a video game, it's racism? I think this is a prime example of unequal and unethical standards within modern times.

Sorry if that has been used as an example, I didn't have time to read the whole thread, CoD4 clan match in 20 minutes

~Bryce

1st in Australia to 1000GS Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway

II KaotiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:54 AM   #70
GoldEagle423

AE7 Gold's Gamercard
it would jus be stupid to make a game based in africa and be shooting white people... Now if there was a game called Let's Kill Barrack Obama then i think that would be a raciist slur
Old 11-28-2008, 09:18 PM   #71
Nerdz0r

BodrumKebab's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Anyone that thinks this game is racist, is racist them selves.
They're basically claimng "it is ok to shoot fuck out of white people, but when it comes close to scratching a black person, the game is racist"?

And that statement itself is not racist? Wow, the world we live in..
Old 12-02-2008, 06:10 PM   #72
Agent JFG

Send a message via Skype™ to Agent JFG

Sunbro Joe's Gamercard
It isn't like racist people made the game. I doubt the Japanese have anything against anyone. So how could it be racist? Case closed.
Agent JFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:58 AM   #73
la tigresa xx

Send a message via AIM to la tigresa xx Send a message via Skype™ to la tigresa xx

la tigresa xx's Gamercard
Wow, I hate when people say this game is racist.

THE GAME TAKES PLACE IN FUCKING AFRICA. BLACK PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE INFECTED RESIDENTS.

God, not Spanish, White, or Asians. The first few trailers of this game had only black infected people, then later on when people complained that it's only African people in Africa (go figure, right) that later trailers added whites and even hispanic people. Oh boy.
la tigresa xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:52 AM   #74
SkaKid25

GDLWSK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
actually, I saw some "zombies" that looked Asian! And like that dude with curly short hair and longish beard...doesn't he appear to be Muslim? There are also some white mofos once in a while too...

so I think Capcom really changed things since people's been bitching about how "racist" RE5 is. I think killing zombies is killing zombies not matter of their race or sex...killing zombies is fucking cool period.

SkaKid25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:33 PM   #75
Iv VeNoM vI
Banned User

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Wow< just wow
Iv VeNoM vI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:13 AM   #76
la tigresa xx

Send a message via AIM to la tigresa xx Send a message via Skype™ to la tigresa xx

la tigresa xx's Gamercard
If I saw an Asian while in Africa, I'd feel lost.