Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-30-2008, 06:00 PM   #61
BobbyB90

Patriot Ocelot's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantizuni View Post
Well, killing people is obviously the easiest way to go evil.
My problem is that i've been stuck at NEUTRAL the whole game. Any fast ways to go UP in karma?
Here

I cant go back to when I first talked to bittercup without spending another hour in the game. Always say positive things. I did notice that there wasnt alot of choice if you wanted to say something nice to her without calling her a freak or a wierdo, so pick the one that sounds the kindest. I cant say anything more other than to go positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Blain View Post
The best way I've discovered to go from good to south is to enter the store in Megaton (if you havent blown it up) and access the terminal on the desk. Then back out and access it again. Rinse and repeat, you'll get negative karma every time you do it, moves pretty fast.
Can you do this without getting caught?

BobbyB90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:39 PM   #62
awmtinfo

PinkWinkerThing's Gamercard
Talking

Also, to make you level up faster - whenever you do level up, choose the "swift learner" perk. This will add a extra point of EXP every time you speak to Pappy. This will make the process a lot faster. Yes, you do miss out on other perks, but you can level those up with the 20 points you get for every level up. Just a thought (sorry if someone else mentioned this already - I did not read all the replies)
awmtinfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:59 PM   #63
awmtinfo

PinkWinkerThing's Gamercard
Exclamation

Ok - I jumped the gun. After I used the "swift learner" perk 3 times, it went away. After I used it 3 times, I did get a "hero then and now" or something close to that and that boosted me one more level.
awmtinfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:01 PM   #64
BobbyB90

Patriot Ocelot's Gamercard
Done. Using the swift learner perk and the terminal on the desk of the store in megaton - to get bad karma is by far the best technique.

Last edited by BobbyB90; 10-30-2008 at 09:09 PM.
BobbyB90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 09:25 PM   #65
minigolfhool

minigolfhool's Gamercard
I can't find Girdershade and have been wandering around for some time. Is it around Tenpenny Tower? Or more to the north? Which places are near this town? Can anybody help?

minigolfhool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:53 PM   #66
Raining Light

Decaying Light's Gamercard
Thanks for the tip, Ill give it a try.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:09 PM   #67
SideDish120

SideDish120's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerroristCactus View Post
You can gain infinite XP if your speech skill is high enough (with 30 you'll be ok)..
Go to Big Town (north of Vault 101). Speak with a girl named Bittercup: she should tell you about her dating exploits. After speaking with her, go into the house marked "Common House" and speak to a man, Pappy. There should be a speech skill dialogue option that says "You came here with Bittercup, right?" You will get XP every time you click it. Continue to do this and you can rack up XP in mere seconds. Bethesda has not yet patched this glitch so....RUN!!!

AWESOME THANKS!
easy way to get silver toungued devil achivement
GREAT JOB! Seriously, I wish you could get laid from video game expierances, that screen shot alone is worth 2 sets of twins in one night. No joke!
SideDish120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:23 PM   #68
osea101
Banned User

osea101's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastey Cake View Post
[Rant] Please read the name of the forum your posting on, then proceed to stfu. These forums are designed for to attainment of achievements, not whiny comments about how a person should be playing the game. I for one enjoy knocking out dumb ass achievements so that I can "enjoy the game" without the hassle of multiple tedious playthroughs just to get that remaining 25+GS. So unless you want to pay us for our copies, don't tell us how to enjoy our games. [/Rant]
I can tell you're not a fan of the franchise or you wouldn't spout this nonsense. Anyone who's ever played 1 and/or 2 will definitely not rush this game. Part of the immersive role playing experience is to play different characters. For example, right now I am playing my favorite cultural stereotype: an asian guy with glasses who has high intelligence and is good with computers. Next playthrough I look forward to being a very charismatic black guy who is good at hitting and chatting up the ladies. Lastly, I will enjoy playing an Eastern European guy who is into drugs and crime. That's easily 3 enjoyable playthroughs but I can understand if some of you are rushed for GoW2, F3 is likely my only purchase for months to come.

Moreover, [rant on] the game is so big that you're likely to miss out on some parts on your first playthrough. Why people buy/rent games just for pointless achievements is beyond me. I know very well the title of this site but that doesn't mean a guy can't be moderate about it.
osea101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:27 PM   #69
Tyrannical Duck

Send a message via AIM to Tyrannical Duck Send a message via MSN to Tyrannical Duck Send a message via Yahoo to Tyrannical Duck

Tyrannical Duck's Gamercard
Something to add for the EXP Glitch #2 thing:

When you talk to Bittercup, say "Nice to meet you, Bittercup." Then when she is done, say "I know! no one understands me either!"

Then she will start talking about the guys she's dated. When you go back to Pappy, you'll have that option.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:51 PM   #70
ovoon7

ovoon's Gamercard
Killing Mr. Burke and Tenpenny will net you good karma. Lots of good karma. As for everyone else inside, I don't know.

Getting evil karma is easy. Stealing. I never thought my character would be evil. I've only killed 1 citizen!
ovoon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:03 AM   #71
lip splitter

Lip splitter's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by osea101 View Post
I can tell you're not a fan of the franchise or you wouldn't spout this nonsense. Anyone who's ever played 1 and/or 2 will definitely not rush this game. Part of the immersive role playing experience is to play different characters. For example, right now I am playing my favorite cultural stereotype: an asian guy with glasses who has high intelligence and is good with computers. Next playthrough I look forward to being a very charismatic black guy who is good at hitting and chatting up the ladies. Lastly, I will enjoy playing an Eastern European guy who is into drugs and crime. That's easily 3 enjoyable playthroughs but I can understand if some of you are rushed for GoW2, F3 is likely my only purchase for months to come.

Moreover, [rant on] the game is so big that you're likely to miss out on some parts on your first playthrough. Why people buy/rent games just for pointless achievements is beyond me. I know very well the title of this site but that doesn't mean a guy can't be moderate about it.

Everyone plays the game there own way. You like to take your time and Tastey Cake has his way. I beleive in taking my time just as you but if I can find a loop hole like this I create another saved game and glitch the crap out of it just to get the achiements out of the way. I am glad that you are a big fan of this game but I am also a big fan of RPG and we both have different styles. The first time I will blow thru it just so I can get a handle on the game then the second time thru might take me months playing it in my free time but finding everything.

So saying "I can tell you're not a fan of the franchise or you wouldn't spout this nonsense" should not come out of anybodys mouth. I have my way and the other 18 million xbox owners have there way. I am not trying to Knock you in any way so please do not take it that way.

And back to the original thread subject, Thank you for pointing this out, I will be doing this tommorow just to get it out of the way.

lip splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:06 AM   #72
XxIPUNISH3RIxX

Send a message via AIM to XxIPUNISH3RIxX Send a message via Skype™ to XxIPUNISH3RIxX

Denial Magic's Gamercard
i cant find ronald lauren where is he. he is not inside his house?
XxIPUNISH3RIxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 01:23 AM   #73
Jordan7182002

jordan7182002's Gamercard
What direction is megaton from this easy XP place....?
Jordan7182002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 02:52 AM   #74
RTyPE9

Send a message via AIM to RTyPE9 Send a message via MSN to RTyPE9 Send a message via Yahoo to RTyPE9

R TyPE 9's Gamercard
Hmmm....I went to Big Town to try this out and when I got there, there was a bunch of super mutants. I took them all out, but now all of the people are gone. I left via fast travel and have come back several times, but no one's there anymore. Anyone know why this could be?

RTyPE9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:02 AM   #75
Cygnes

Cygnes's Gamercard
I cant find Big town. any more pointers?
Old 10-31-2008, 04:46 AM   #76
geeksunny

Send a message via AIM to geeksunny Send a message via Yahoo to geeksunny

xfg sunny's Gamercard
I found this little bug and came here to post about it haha.

I wasn't gonna use this at first, but i lost about an hours worth of game time because of the annoying autosave... so I felt I deserved a free level up!
geeksunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:08 AM   #77
enter course

Argh, I'm having the same problem as XxIPUNISH3RIxX, Ronald is nowhere to be found! I know there's lots of robots and scorpions and crap around Girdershade so I think he might've died, but there's no corpse or anything... I know some people have reported problems with NPCs disappearing... is there anything I can do besides load an old save?
enter course is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:39 PM   #78
Lintworm

Conquer Liar's Gamercard
Does anybody know a good town (and the location) where i can kill innocent people so that my karma drops.
Been searching for quite a while now and encountered lots of mutants.

I tried it in megaton but all the villagers killed me.
Lintworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:49 PM   #79
MTS badillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by osea101 View Post

Again STFU and read the name of the Forum.

People here dont give a shiat about what is "beyond you".
MTS badillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:28 PM   #80
Gigantapithicus

I did the Big Trouble in Big Town quest and it won't let me do this glitch, no after talking to bittercup all pappy will do is repair my equipment.

Last edited by Gigantapithicus; 10-31-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Gigantapithicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 10:50 PM   #81
XxKillerMonkeyX

where is marigold station than?? =(
XxKillerMonkeyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 12:21 AM   #82
Lukeweizer

Lukeweizer's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantapithicus View Post
I did the Big Trouble in Big Town quest and it won't let me do this glitch, no after talking to bittercup all pappy will do is repair my equipment.
Me too. I can't get Bitter to say the line. Is it confirmed that it has to be pre-quest?

Can someone post the proper conversation tree?
Lukeweizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 12:51 AM   #83
MTS badillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeweizer View Post
Me too. I can't get Bitter to say the line. Is it confirmed that it has to be pre-quest?

Can someone post the proper conversation tree?

I havent got here yet, BUT as i understand there is a minimum 30 Charisma needed to get the option...

maybe this is why...
MTS badillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:26 AM   #84
enter course

Real quick, I'd just like to ask one last time if anyone has found Ronald away from Girdershade or anything, I suspect Ronald in my game might've disappeared as some people are reporting NPCs going missing out of nowhere

But aside from that, I have two other questions.

1. has anyone found any other ways to get infinite caps? or any ways of getting caps consistently? I read that raider camps and such will respawn over time but the ones I know of and can clean out without using too much ammo still haven't respawned, and when I try to branch out and explore the world I find I'm getting overwhelmed.

2. on a similar note, can anyone tell me whether or not NPCs inventories respawn or restock? what I mean is, if I pickpocket someone for their ammo, can I do that again sometime later?

Thanks in advance
enter course is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:30 AM   #85
Ignatz

Send a message via AIM to Ignatz Send a message via MSN to Ignatz

Tender Ninja's Gamercard
OKAY. I have figured out what the order for talking is:
1) "Nice to meet you, Bittercup."
2) "I know! No one understands me either!"
3) "I have something to say to you, Bittercup."
4) "If you don't mind me saying, you look different from everyone else."
5) "You need to set yourself apart from the mold. Then people will respect you."
6) "Why, no. I'm not in any sort of relationship. Are you?"

She'll then say she has to go, now wait for 12 hours or whatever to talk to Pappy, and you can then choose the Speech option.

Also, if you Fail the Speech thing, the option stays there and you can keep spamming it till it works. Hope this helps!
Ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:52 AM   #86
Smoghog

Smoghog's Gamercard
Anyone know if doing this glitch 50 times will net you the speech challenge achievement? Or does it need to be once each with 50 different chances/dialogs/people?
Old 11-01-2008, 06:58 AM   #87
Otomsk

Send a message via AIM to Otomsk Send a message via MSN to Otomsk Send a message via Yahoo to Otomsk

Otomsk's Gamercard
Yes, its possible to get the Speech Achievement doing this. So SPAM AWAY
Otomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #88
minigolfhool

minigolfhool's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintworm View Post
Does anybody know a good town (and the location) where i can kill innocent people so that my karma drops.

Get the Tenpenny Tower-quest and instead of killing the ghouls help them to seize the tower. This will give you some negative karma, but afterwards you'll be able to steal nearly everything from the place which gives you even more bad karma.

minigolfhool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 11:06 AM   #89
Outline

Send a message via Skype™ to Outline

Abylities's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatz View Post
OKAY. I have figured out what the order for talking is:
1) "Nice to meet you, Bittercup."
2) "I know! No one understands me either!"
3) "I have something to say to you, Bittercup."
4) "If you don't mind me saying, you look different from everyone else."
5) "You need to set yourself apart from the mold. Then people will respect you."
6) "Why, no. I'm not in any sort of relationship. Are you?"

She'll then say she has to go, now wait for 12 hours or whatever to talk to Pappy, and you can then choose the Speech option.

Also, if you Fail the Speech thing, the option stays there and you can keep spamming it till it works. Hope this helps!

You don't have to wait for twelve hours.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:07 AM   #90
Hot Juicy Pie

Hot Juicy Pie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintworm View Post

If you're going to do alternate saves to get the chieves easy, just slaughter people in any town, it doesnt really matter where if its not your main save
Hot Juicy Pie is offline   Reply With Quote