Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Turok
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-15-2008, 08:24 PM   #1
aston158

Pincushion Achievement Guide

Pincushion 25

Pin 50 enemies with the Bow in the Story Mode campaign

I got this achievement in just over an hour after going over a level over and over again. The way of getting it is to complete the game on any setting you want i did it on normal. When you have completed the game you can load any mission you want and the one you need to load is "SALT IN A WOUND", you should have a bow equipped when starting the level with 25 arrows. When the mission starts you have to tear open the door head downstaris in the hanger and then open the next door. Either get your bow out before you enter or just enter i will say though you MUST be very quick and accurate with the bow. This may take time as i found out so you have just opened the door quickly as you can hide behind the left wall with a good view of the three guards with your bow as soon as one starts walking PULL your arrow back count to 3 and pin him to the far wall, as soon as you have pinned him pull on another arrow look around the LEFT corner before he moves pin him to the box and straight after him pull back STRAIGHT away and take the guy out to the far right to the box. You have 3 enemies pinned, these must be done very QUICK do not worry about the the last two guys you pinned they are facing away and i say the arrows do not have to be pulled back long. You can go through the level clearing all the guards and when you get to the next door it will say SAVING IN PROGRESS this means it will update your number of pins of enemies to the wall you can check this is the MENU IN THE STATS, CLICK ACHIEVEMENTS NEAR THE BOTTOM IT WILL SAY Pincushion and it will tell you how many you have pinned so far. Once it has saved when you are near the door you can quit and do it over and over again until you have got it.

That is how i did it am prepared to do a private chat on live to help people do it whilst playing the mission.

GT: aston158

Last edited by aston158; 02-16-2008 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Picture of the achievement and how much GS you get
aston158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
aston158

I will be designing a map just to help you guys so i will be as quick as i can

Anyway good luck to those trying to get it
aston158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:41 PM   #3
LAGRIFFE2007

LAGRIFFE2007's Gamercard
well aston yeah!!!! u should have told me how u got that one in the first place judas!!!lol i ll make good use of this thread!!thx buddy

Cheating AIs have to admit that they are a pain in the ass!!sometimes xbox live boosting partners TOO!!!
LAGRIFFE2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:40 PM   #4
Demiize

IGz x DeMiiZe's Gamercard
Nice 1 aston iv been looking 4 the best chapter in the game to do this achievemet for a while

Last edited by Demiize; 02-22-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Demiize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:45 PM   #5
Don Manolo

don manolito's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
awesome find, it took me a while to get it working, but it works pretty darn good now!

Thanks to the_b1ues for the sig!
Don Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:24 PM   #6
Miller Time 316

Worked great! I found that there is no need to get to the next save point. Once you pin your enemies, Pause the game, save it, then hit yes to over write, Then restart from last check point.
Miller Time 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:51 PM   #7
Jag Bros

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston158 View Post
Pincushion 25

Pin 50 enemies with the Bow in the Story Mode campaign

I got this achievement in just over an hour after going over a level over and over again. The way of getting it is to complete the game on any setting you want i did it on normal. When you have completed the game you can load any mission you want and the one you need to load is "SALT IN A WOUND", you should have a bow equipped when starting the level with 25 arrows. When the mission starts you have to tear open the door head downstaris in the hanger and then open the next door. Either get your bow out before you enter or just enter i will say though you MUST be very quick and accurate with the bow. This may take time as i found out so you have just opened the door quickly as you can hide behind the left wall with a good view of the three guards with your bow as soon as one starts walking PULL your arrow back count to 3 and pin him to the far wall, as soon as you have pinned him pull on another arrow look around the LEFT corner before he moves pin him to the box and straight after him pull back STRAIGHT away and take the guy out to the far right to the box. You have 3 enemies pinned, these must be done very QUICK do not worry about the the last two guys you pinned they are facing away and i say the arrows do not have to be pulled back long. You can go through the level clearing all the guards and when you get to the next door it will say SAVING IN PROGRESS this means it will update your number of pins of enemies to the wall you can check this is the MENU IN THE STATS, CLICK ACHIEVEMENTS NEAR THE BOTTOM IT WILL SAY Pincushion and it will tell you how many you have pinned so far. Once it has saved when you are near the door you can quit and do it over and over again until you have got it.

That is how i did it am prepared to do a private chat on live to help people do it whilst playing the mission.

GT: aston158

nice..this is the exact same way i did this achievement..i ended up gettin sometimes 5 enemies through one quick run if i was lucky...i just saved and overwrote my save and then restarted from checkpoint..did this achievement in like 30 minutes... very nice though hah.. beat me to it writting the guide for this one :P
Jag Bros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:03 AM   #8
Slim Pizza Boy

Slim Pizza Boy's Gamercard
After you get your kills you can just hit save and then restart, much faster then trying to kill yourself or go through till the next ck point.

It took me a half hour to do it. That is getting all 50. If you push your luck you can get up to 4. For some reason the 5 guy will not stick to the wall

Last edited by Slim Pizza Boy; 10-04-2008 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Just for the info
Slim Pizza Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #9
SCA KAZUMA

burnshadow's Gamercard
Wow. I decided to start playing this game for the first time in about 10 months and at first I didn't know how to make this guide work. Then I realized I was hiding on the wrong "left side" and moved up more and it worked. This was a great guide and it helped very much. Thanks a lot!
SCA KAZUMA is offline   Reply With Quote