PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-21-2008, 08:58 PM   #61
battle cry714

Ix5UDDNxD347HxI's Gamercard
for everyone who wants to know, if you are a vampire and you feed on someone (sneak up on them when they are sleeping) then you will be a normal person for a day.
battle cry714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:11 PM   #62
Balamatrix

Balaz0rz's Gamercard
theres also a piece of nightshade sitting on the desk of t hat wizard in his tower from the theives guild quest to get the arrowhead key i forget his name but up toward the outside part his ruined tower he has a small alchemy lab and there the nightshade sits
Balamatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:27 PM   #63
xAltair

Xenons Spork's Gamercard
I have done the quest and now i talked to Hai-Liurz and she says wait here I'll get the count. So I wait for about a week and nothing. I follow the marker, she's just standing next to the bed in the 'forgotten' place. I speak to her, same result. I find the count, he just says 'go'. I check my journal 'I need to give the count time to mourn and then I should speak to Hai-Liurz'!!! It doesn't work, I think it's glitched. If anyone knows how to fix this please help.
xAltair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:37 AM   #64
vxvWESTSIDEvxv

Send a message via MSN to vxvWESTSIDEvxv

vxvWESTSIDEvxv's Gamercard
thanks

thanks this will help alot vampirism sucks
vxvWESTSIDEvxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:07 PM   #65
knockton55

Hi Janice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yay! Great guide, definately gonna use this when I gets the cure done...I actually had 5 GSG...yet they where all full, I was gutted
knockton55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:55 PM   #66
Dragon23

dragonknight23's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drednaught X View Post
Im stuck on getting the gems, i cannot pick a lock to save my life. I have the 3 that you can buy in the above guide above and i have yet to snatch the one in the witch's basement. Anywere else i can buy one?
Try to obtain the Skeleton Key, an unbreakable, stat boosting lockpick, from the Umbranox Daedric quest. You will thank yourself for doing this one. Also you can get lock opening spells with enough Alteration skill, another life saver .
Dragon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:59 PM   #67
Dragon23

dragonknight23's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxvWESTSIDEvxv View Post
thanks this will help alot vampirism sucks
Were you trying to make a pun there or did it just happen? Vampirism has its advantages if you spend most of your time in dungeons and has its laughs when you're on the hunt for a meal. You find things out about the NPCs that you otherwise would miss if you weren't raiding their houses.
Dragon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:11 PM   #68
knockton55

Hi Janice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoutineX View Post
Same happened to me, but just go to Skingrad.
People have it in the houses and/or basements.
Thank's mate 5* tip!

I finished this quest in about half an hour with this guide, finally i'm human again. Woop
knockton55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:05 AM   #69
mashmonster

mashmonster's Gamercard
Not sure if any of you realize it, but Vampirism is one of the best things that can happen to your character in the game. You just have to be skilled enough to pick locks on houses in order to feed to keep your quests going. But when you don't have any quests, Vampirism is amazing. Dungeon diving becomes much easier, and you don't have to worry about getting any further diseases.

But if you really think vampirism sucks, you could have solved your problem if you had just paid attention to your active effects after you get done cleaning out a Vampire lair.
mashmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:31 PM   #70
mark212

Bieser101's Gamercard
If anyone is having a hard time getting Grand Sould Gems.....

If your in the thieves guild, wait for the quest "Turning a Blind Eye"
In the caverns there are at least 6 grand soul gems......I forget if they have to be filled or not, I dont think any of the 6 I picked up were.

mark212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:40 AM   #71
Kioku

Send a message via MSN to Kioku

Kioku's Gamercard
Isn't there a DLC pack thats a home for your character that lets you live as a Vampire or Cure you of Vampirisim?
Old 10-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #72
DJbruce

Send a message via MSN to DJbruce

Scottish Husky's Gamercard
Just turned into a vampire. I'll try this guide out thanks.

DJbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:31 PM   #73
dtet28

well i think Bethesda screwed the game up it means i cant go out in the day light and have 2 do a stupidly long quest just to get it cured i would of liked the advise when i caught the desise :P but i spose they have ruined it for me i think finding the grand soul gems is enough but having to do the rest is silly it should be alot easyer than this.
dtet28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:37 PM   #74
Oinkness

Oinkness's Gamercard
Here's my super quick guide to losing Vampirism:

You easily find 5 Grand Soul Gems at each of the Mages' Guilds. For example, there's one in Anvil, Bruma, Cherodyl, (lmao edit: I meant Cheydinhal) Chorrol, Bravil, etc... Either buy them fairly from the person who sells them, or pickpocket them but make sure you still have it when you walk out. I had some weird bug happen to me that caused me to not have it once I left the place.

So that will take you about 20 minutes if you find each guild house and the person to barter it from.

Then you collect the ingredients. The 2 bloodgrass you should already have; just find an entrance to Oblivion. You don't even have to go in, there's usually a couple shoots of bloodgrass sticking out just around the portal.

The nightshade took me about 20 minutes to find... Just run through the area between Skingrad and Bravil and you will eventually find some of them spread far apart. They look like a weeble wobble with purple leaves. Very droopy plant. You need 5 of those.

The 6 garlics are very easy, just go to Weynon Priory. In Jaffre's area, there are 2 baskets that each hold 3 garlics. In fact, one of them is on his desk. The other is on the shelf near the entrance to his area.

Stab an Argonian with your Enchanted Blade... but not Amusei. I made that mistake and had to pay a fine to the Thieves Guild. :-)

Follow the quest marker to find the vampire to get his dust. It's a pretty straight-forward dungeon run and the dude at the end fist-fights you and goes down pretty quick. Not a big deal.

All in all I would say you will probably spend a few hours trying to get this cure, and then you have to go give it to that dude in Skingrad for his dead wife. Ahhh! But don't worry, you still have it in your inventory once you give it away, or at least I hope you do -- I did. And you get 2500 gold for completing the quest.

BY THE WAY, If you can't go out during the day because it hurts, you need to FEED -- Feeding on sleeping bums or whatever will keep the sun from hurting you during the day, but you have to make sure you feed every night. It also makes you look more human when you feed, and people will talk to you. If you don't feed, you'll look like a monster and people will yell at you. :-)

Last edited by Oinkness; 12-12-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Oinkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #75
collapsedbeef

Send a message via AIM to collapsedbeef

Cosmic Katamari's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by poqow View Post
I think I'm screwed... I turned into a vampire and in the process of this quest.. I guess i turned completely.. because I can't talk to vendors anymore and can't buy the garlic -_-

Am I actually screwed? Or anyone know where i can steal some garlic?
the baugues(sp) manor in anvil has about 234234 in the basement throughout barrels. also the inns in random location seem to have them.
20,000 Points on 11/12/2009 (During NCAA Football 09)
collapsedbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:00 PM   #76
Stewie Griffin2

Stew1e Griffin2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtet28 View Post
well i think Bethesda screwed the game up it means i cant go out in the day light and have 2 do a stupidly long quest just to get it cured i would of liked the advise when i caught the desise :P but i spose they have ruined it for me i think finding the grand soul gems is enough but having to do the rest is silly it should be alot easyer than this.
There's really no reason to ever actually become a vampire though. Once you know you've contracted the disease, within 72 hours just fast travel to any city and use the altar in the church, drink a cure disease potion or eat an ingredient that has a cure disease effect and you won't become one.
Stewie Griffin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:08 PM   #77
True Marvellous

True Marvellous's Gamercard
Any one help me, the silly witch attacked me for no reason and now I cant talk to her

Toasters Toast Toast
True Marvellous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:31 PM   #78
Xx Pulse 360 xX

Xx Pulse 360 xX's Gamercard
brilliant guide.... got all the gems, just gotta get the friggin ingredients now.
Peace!
Old 02-08-2009, 07:46 PM   #79
hestar

Hestar69's Gamercard
Stupid vampire crap.. I haven't played this game in 3 years and forgot about what happens if you don't cure it fast.Thanks alot for the guides! .

hestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:33 PM   #80
Xx Pulse 360 xX

Xx Pulse 360 xX's Gamercard
WAHOO, just got the potions, u get 2 given to you which are worth 4000+. that quest was such a big sidetrack from the main quests. finally, im a daywalker lol.
Peace
Old 02-21-2009, 01:30 PM   #81
DJConnelly

Send a message via MSN to DJConnelly Send a message via Skype™ to DJConnelly

DJConnelly's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Vampire

I'd just become a vampire mate, it's pretty cool

DJConnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:31 PM   #82
Bieest Unit
Banned User

Bieest Unit's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Mage View Post
I'm happy I went through the whole game (getting all achievements etc) without becoming a vampire.
I'm with you there.
Bieest Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:19 AM   #83
xSamurai Smithx

DvS II SMITHy's Gamercard
tnx

this guide helped me out alot thanks
xSamurai Smithx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #84
Grummy

Grumftheld's Gamercard
I always felt that being a vampire was interesting, but they never did anything with it to really make it worthwhile staying as one. Once the novelty wore off it was just a pain in the ass.

They really needed to open up a guild or long quest line for vampires. Perhaps giving you the option of being totally free of the curse or becoming a daywalker or something.
Grummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:15 PM   #85
spookyblade

spookyblade's Gamercard
sounds hard lol

Is Just The Master At COD MW2!!!!!!!!
spookyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:59 PM   #86
jwprice1974

jwprice1974's Gamercard
what a pain it was trying to collect all the stuff for the cure. trying to get to my destination before morning. The only part of the game that seemed to frustrate me. other than that, awesome game - one of my faves.
jwprice1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:55 PM   #87
Vandit96

Vandit96's Gamercard
HOT, i've done that 1 min ago
Very nice guide for this ugly quest....
me love it ! xD
Old 08-04-2009, 05:00 AM   #88
StolenPaper18

StolenPaper18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Bummer...spent a long time doing that quest all for it to glitch at the end. I talk to the Count's assistant and she just goes and stands in a corner for ever...
Old 08-06-2009, 06:39 AM   #89
its delicious

its delicious's Gamercard
This mission sucks. I spent more time trying to do this than anything else, hands down.

its delicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:19 AM   #90
simsams

nugget s1m0n's Gamercard
51 guaranteed samples of individual garlic can be found. The places with the highest numbers of samples are:It can also be found randomly in the inventories of food vendors and in some loot chests.

there most of the guranteed samples of garlis so you dont need to buy them

Destroy all humans-path of the furon: 39 of 40 paris statues found litraly spent all night searching, destroyed all the buildings and stared at every dot on this stupid map!!!!!!!

ALL Assassins creed feathers!! 1000/1000
Mafia 2 wanted posters and playboy mags 1000/1000

Collectables:2
nugget s1m0n:2
simsams is offline   Reply With Quote