Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Xbox 360
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-09-2009, 01:05 AM   #1
anibanani

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Help? Freezing problems.

Hi! Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post this, but I really need help from someone who knows what they're doing. haha :-)

I've just bought a XBOX360 Pro two days ago and I've been having some problems.
When I play "Last Remnant" it freezes when loading after playing a few hours and usually before a battle. :'-<

I tried changing my settings for the TV by changing it from HDTV to "regular" TV, but no success. And I fiddled around with the numbers on the HDTV leading to freezing quicker the higher number I chose.
And using just the red, white and yellow cable just leads to the Xbox being featured in black and white.

Can it be that it's just my "Last Remnant" game, or do I have to return my poor XBOX?
...Or maybe my HDtv sucks? :-/
anibanani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:30 AM   #2
Pootcrum

Pootcrum's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I wouldn't blame your TV yet, if you do think it is your TV, put your box through another TV and see if the error repeats itself.

I would blame the 360 or the disc. Try removing the HDD (if you can with Last Remnant, or use a MU) and see if it happens again.

Try with a different disc.

Use an air duster and blow out the 360, even though its new there could be a bit of stuff on the lens.

Always ensure your 360 is in a well ventilated area, away from the power brick, it could be a heating issue.

Pootcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:09 AM   #3
anibanani

Thank you Pootcrum for your suggestions :-)

Trying it on a different TV might be a problem, since I live by myself and the nearest TV is...well, far away from my xbox.

Me and my friend is currently playing through "Kung Foo Panda" (of all games!) to test the xbox, and even after 4 hours my xbox is fine.

I don't think it's a heating problem, since neither the xbox or the power brick was hot when "Last Remnant" froze (crap, should have mentioned that, shouldn't I?) and the Xbox is placed comfortably on my dvd player with plenty of room around it no where near the power brick.

I think I'm gonna give installing it on the Hard drive a shot. If that doesn't work and my xbox is still fine from playing "Kung Foo Panda", I guess I just have to live with saving often and restarting.

I've read that the Unreal 3 Engine has had problems? :-/ Maybe it is my game.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:19 AM   #4
BULLITUARY

CHEESY FETUS's Gamercard
2 days and it's already freezing?
wow that sucks. send er back bro
Old 01-09-2009, 03:50 AM   #5
anibanani

BULLITUARY: I kind of want to explore every possibility of fixing the issue. If I return it and get a new one, there might be a chance there will be the same error since they come from the same store and, presumably, the same "batch".
...And the sidewalks are way slippery and I don't want to end up with my xbox in my face ;-) haha.

If it's just the game, I can live with it. If it can be resolved: yay!