PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-02-2008, 12:48 AM   #1
kornfan2007

Kornfan2007's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Donator - Level 4
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

Overview:
-Estimated achievement difficulty: 6/10
-Offline: 37 (840)
-Online: 8 (160)
-Approximate amount of time to 1000: 60-70 hours
-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
-Number of missable achievements: 0
-Glitched achievements: 0
-Do cheat codes disable achievements? Yes

Overall the achievements are fairly easy. There are a few that are very time consuming, but overall as long as you practise the driving enough you should experience no major issues.

Introduction:
Welcome to Midnight Club: LA, the game has a total of 45 achievements which are done over one continuous play through. There is no end to your game, even after credits roll, you keep playing on your same save. I would advise getting to grips with motorbike handling as when the ninja is unlocked it will make the achievements a lot easier

Step #1:
There is no real focus on what to do specifically at first really. Missions will help get money and better vehicles and then attempt the race X number of X races. Refer to step #2 for achievements to ignore until you have unlocked the Ninja (Motorbike). The quickest achievements for quick gamer score are:
Wanted Man, Out On Bail, The Basics, Saving Los Angeles, Paparazzi, Turn in the Work, Everyone's a Critic

Step #2:
Once you have unlocked the ninja or a very fast car you can focus on the following:
Neither Bird nor Plane, Mild Dedication, True Dedication

Step #3;
Multiplayer:
You can do the multiplayer achievements any time, but I would advise waiting until you have unlocked the ninja or a fast car as it makes them easier or just boost them all in any vehicle. Boosting will be sped up if you have a faster vehicle to play with.

Mop Up:
By the time you finish True Dedication and all the multiplayer you will most likely just have one achievement left to drive 5000 Miles. This is where the grinding comes in of driving around until unlocked or racing if you prefer

Conclusion:
Overall the game is not too hard once you get to grips with driving. The only time consuming part is True dedication and Have Car, Will Travel which boosts up the time requirement

Wanted Man 10 Pull over while the police are in 'pull over' mode, then drive away during the ticketing cutscene.

When the police start chasing you and it says 'pull over' in the bottom left you should pull over. It will go to a cutscene in which you are looking at yourself through the police cars camara. Press to accelerate and you should unlock this. Police unlocked after a few races

Out On Bail 10 Evade the police successfully when they are in pursuit.

When in chase by the police you must lose line of sight from them and stay hidden until they give up. Police unlocked after a few races

Neither Bird nor Plane 10 Travel 1020 feet in a single jump.

This is done on the right side of the map. There is a double loop and above that a single loop. It is done from the single loop. Go all the way around it and straight on keeping to the right. When the road goes downhill there will be a lot of steps infront of you to jump from. Fast bike/car needed with Nitros. Can be done in race editor which will allow you to drive without cops or traffic. Refer to "Waldo's Still Missing" achievement for details on using race editor. Video not made by me:

Jordan Jumpman 10 Spend more than 10 minutes in the air. Brought to you by JORDAN BRAND.

Hit jumps around the city. You will unlock it after 10 minutes airtime. You get the gamerpic of the achievement once you get this. Be sure you are on live when you unlock it to make sure you get it

Unicycle 20 Drive a cumulative total of 50 miles while doing a wheelie on a motorcycle.

On a motorbike hold + Down on the whilst accelerating. After 50 miles worth of wheelies this will unlock. Can be done in race editor which will allow you to drive without cops or traffic. Refer to "Waldo's Still Missing" achievement for details on using race editor. Recommend the Freeway going anti clockwise on the right side of the road

Just Get A Motorcycle 20 In a car, drive a cumulative total of 50 miles on 2 wheels.

In a car hold + Right/left on the whilst accelerating and you will start driving on 2 wheels. After 50 miles worth of 2 wheel driving this will unlock. Can be done in race editor which will allow you to drive without cops or traffic. Refer to "Waldo's Still Missing" achievement for details on using race editor. Recommend the Freeway going anti clockwise on the right side of the road

Hear me Roar! 20 Unlock Level 3 ROAR.

After some races you will unlock special abilities. Press to use them.You can select which one you wish to use from the Garage under Customise Vehicle. The ability level it up to 3

Anger Management 20 Unlock Level 3 AGRO.

See "Hear me Roar" for tips

Set To Stun 20 Unlock Level 3 EMP.

Zoning Out 20 Unlock Level 3 ZONE.

In the Lap of… 20 Beat the Luxury Champ.

After beating the city champ (see "Retire the Master") and completing 35 races in a luxury car you should get challenged by this champ. Beat them to get this. Champ is named Lester. May require more than 35 judging by some peoples input. Quickest done by doing Arcade races with traffic off on the Welcome to Hollywood race until you get challeneged

Name that Tune ( r ) 20 Beat the Tuner Champ.

See "In the Lap of…" for details except done in a tuner car. The champ is named Julian. took me 55 tuner races to get challenged

World's Strongest 20 Beat the Muscle Champ.

See "In the Lap of…" for details except done in a muscle car. The champ is named Marcel. Took me 42 races to get challenged

Two Wheels of Fury 30 Beat the Motorcycle Champ.

See "In the Lap of…" for details except done in a Motorcycle

How Exotic 30 Beat the Exotic Champ.

See "In the Lap of…" for details except done in a exotic car. The champ is named Pete

RIP mygamercard.net - My avatar is the tattoo on my back

Last edited by kornfan2007; 02-16-2011 at 10:37 AM.
kornfan2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:48 AM   #2
kornfan2007

Kornfan2007's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Donator - Level 4
The Basics 10 Complete one of the missions you receive in the mission log.

Complete any mission you are given. Press to get to the Map screen and then you can view missions by pressing .

What's a Speed Limit? 20 Win 15 dynamic freeway races.

Drive around the freeway and flash any drivers (press ) that have the race sign above them. Win 15 of these to unlock this.

Streaker 20 Win 5 races in a row offline.

Any races counts. Each stage of a series race will count towards this. You can not restart any races to get this.

Winning With Less 20 Win 10 races on a motorcycle.

You can unlock a motorbike for sale after a few races. It costs $14,000 and is purchased from the Garage

Go on Green 20 Win 15 Red Light Races.

Throughout play you will find racers with the lights as their sign. These are red light races. Flash them (press ) to start. Win 15 to unlock this

Destroyer of Worlds 20 Successfully destroy 15 opponent vehicles using the Payback vehicle at the Beaches garage.

Going through the missions you will get a mission called "Lifes a beach". This mission unlocks Payback missions. Destroy 15 cars to get this.

Here for a Pickup 20 Successfully deliver 15 vehicles out of the Hollywood garage.

You will unlock a mission to deliver 5 cars. It starts from a car in the Hollywood Garage car park. Each time you deliver a car you can continue doing so until 15 have been delivered

Father Time 30 Completely unlock a time trial by completing all 3 missions.

Progress through the missions to unlock the time trial races. Each one has 3 parts to complete which you will get as new missions when available. Do them all to get this. Recommend finishing each one close to the time you need to beat. Keeps the next time to beat down a little I suspect

Uncle Time 20 Finish the first mission for each of the 4 time trials.

Progress through the missions to unlock the time trial races. Complete each one as it is available and once part 1 of the 4th time trial race is complete you will get this.

Competitive Glory 20 Win each of the 4 tournaments at least one time.

The 4 tournaments are Beaches, Downtown, Hills, and Hollywood. Play through the missions until you unlock one of these. Once done you should get the next tournament mission. Play through all 4 winning them to get this

It's How You Play The Game 30 Finish 300 offline races. Winning is not required.

Enter any races you want and finish them. These can be arcade (selected through the start menu) or races in the city.

The Winner 30 Win 180 offline races.

Enter any races you want and win them. These can be arcade (selected through the start menu) or races in the city.

Rags To Riches 30 Have $1 million dollars in the bank while playing in Los Angeles.

As the achievement says you have to have $1 million dollars in the bank. Once you have a good car/bike to win with just start saving. Any races including online and arcade will earn you money. Would recommend doing other missions and achievements which will earn you the money over time.

Have Car, Will Travel 30 Drive a total of 5,000 miles, including any miles driven online or offline.

This will accumulate over time. Useful post on a way to obtain this without playing:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=107126

Getting Off the Bench 10 Enter an online cruise and join a proposed race.

Pause () and go right to modes. Select Xbox live and then quick cruise. When someone else starts a race accept to get this.

Who Made This? 10 Enter a Race Editor Race online.

Someone else has to make a track and propose a race in cruise mode. Accept to get this

Saving Los Angeles 10 Enter the Race Editor, create a race, and then save it.

Pause () and go to Modes menu. Select Race Editor. Select create race. press to zoom out. Press to place the start and end points. Once these are placed press and save the track

Paparazzi 10 Save 16 photos to your photo album.

Pause () and move the . This will take you into photo mode. Take 16 pics and save them to each slot of the album. Once all 16 slots are filled you will unlock this

T-Mobile myFaves 10 Join an online game with 5 of your friends. Stay Connected with MyFaves from T-Mobile.

Pause () and go right to the Modes section, select Xbox Live and then Quick Cruise. Then invite 5 friends so there are 6 of you overall. If you do not have enough on the friend request everyone that joins. I got it when the 6th player joined, but they were already a friend. If you add them once they joined the start a race and it will unlock

Turn in the Work 10 Submit a vehicle to Rate My Ride.

Pause(), go right to the modes menu and select Xbox Live. Select Rate my ride. You will be asked if you want to enter a vehicle. Once submitted you will unlock it.

Everyone's a Critic 20 Rate 25 rides online.

Pause(), go right to the modes menu and select Xbox Live. Select Rate my ride. Select Rate Rides and rate 25 with whatever value you want and this will unlock.

Last edited by kornfan2007; 03-27-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:49 AM   #3
kornfan2007

Kornfan2007's Gamercard

Crossing the Line 20 Finish 50 races online.

Play battles and races online and this will unlock after finishing 50 of them. Unlocks when the last player finishes the race and stats are uploaded. Custom tracks do not count

Master Thief 30 Steal 80 flags while playing Capture the Flag or other battle matches.

Go into a player or ranked battle match online. A flag will be on the radar to pick up. When an opponent has it drive into them to steal it. Do this 80 times. Can be boosted easily by driving into each other over and over.
Postman 30 Deliver 100 flags in Capture the Flag or other battle matches.

Go into a player or ranked battle match online. A flag will be on the radar to pick up. Deliver it to the destination. Repeat 99 more times to get this. Easiest done in a Basewar as each of you have a base and a flag. Highway 101 seems to be the easiest race to do a basewar on

Ranking Up 30 Win 20 ranked matches online.

Race online in ranked matches and win 20 times. Unlocks when the last player finishes the race and stats are uploaded. If the other players quit out you still get a win towards this

Where in the World? 10 Find half of the collectables in Los Angeles.

See "Waldo's Still Missing" for details

Waldo's Still Missing 40 Find all the collectables in Los Angeles.

To do them all at once with the map in the link below you should. Pause and go right to Modes tab and select Race Editor > Create race. You will now be able to press back and go to where you want and press back again to drop yourself there

The following thread has the answer
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=100242

Retire the Master 50 Beat the City Champ.

Progress through the missions until challenged by the city champ (Brooke). Complete the races against them to get this. Video of the challenge as follows:

Mild Dedication 10 In Goal Attack, complete every goal for one race.

See True Dedication

True Dedication 100 All Goal attacks must be unlocked and every goal for every race completed.

Pause and press right to the modes tab. Select Goal Attack. Each consists of 4 goals. Finish 1st, Finish with less than 25% damage, Finish in X time, and Do all of these tasks in one race. List found at the following page:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f....php?p=1535789

Thanks to the following for their help:
Shook One, Ham Man 89, CraftyReaper, JACA86Pl, Cheezbrgr

Last edited by kornfan2007; 03-27-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:16 PM   #4
kornfan2007

Kornfan2007's Gamercard

DLC Achievements

DLC Achievements:

Goin' South 10 Meet the South Central Mechanic.

Perform an action such as a race or purchasing a new car and you should shortly get a call from Karol. Once you get to his new garage you will get this

South Central Test Drive 10 Take 1 South Central vehicle out for a test drive.

Go into your garage and select the "Vehicle Showroom". Find one of the new vehicles. Look for SUVs or Low Riders and then press . This will then unlock

Big Ballin' 20 Win 10 races in an SUV.

Win 10 races in an SUV. Each win in part of a series counts as 1 towards this. Arcade race also count

Low Ballin' 20 Win 10 races in a Low Rider.

Win 10 races in a Low Rider. Each win in part of a series counts as 1 towards this. Arcade race also count

Sign Here 20 Complete 10 deliveries in South Central.

You will get a mission named "South Central Delivery" which allows you to perform deliveries. Complete 10 of these to unlock this

Easier than the Hills 20 Complete the South Central tournament.

After doing a few missions you will get offered the tournament. Win this for the achievement. Not too hard. I used an SUV and won

Money for nothing 20 Complete the South Central Wager Mission.

This mission is named "Making Money". It opens a few missions into SC. Win enough wagers to make the $5000 required to unlock this

Brother Time 20 Complete the 3 missions for the South Central time trial.

3 missions: South Central Time Trial, Let's Do This, How We Do It. Do each as soon as you can so the next comes quicker. Try not to finish too quick so the next time is easier to beat

Been there, Done that 50 Finish the South Central career.

I completed 15 missions to unlock this. The final 2 missions are related to a character named Raymond. Once you finish those you will get this.

GOOOOAAAAALLLLL!!!!! 60 Finish all South Central Goal Attacks.

27 races in total. Pause and press right to the modes tab. Select Goal Attack. Each consists of 4 goals. Finish 1st, Finish with less than 25% damage, Finish in X time, and Do all of these tasks in one race. List found at the following page:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=120809

Last edited by kornfan2007; 03-27-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:19 PM   #5
DE C ii P H ER

DE C ii P H ER's Gamercard
Thanks. This should be stickied! =)
DE C ii P H ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:34 PM   #6
impmeister

DIKB3RT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Good job man, only played this game once since I bought but the guide is sure to help once I get around to playing it!

Gamerscore on 1/1/2009 - 38,129
Gamerscore @ start of GSL (my 1st week) - 43,514 35k scored in 5 weeks!
50k reached - 26/2/2009
100k reached - 24/7/2009
impmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:23 PM   #7
FoxRacing1234

FoxRacing1234's Gamercard
Can the online achievements be earned in cruise with friends? (Master Thief, Postman, and Crossing the Line)

Retail (100%): Madden NFL 06, Madden NFL 08, Madden NFL 09, NCAA Football 08, CSI: Hard Evidence, DiRT 2, Assassin's Creed 2
Arcade (100%): Uno, Buku Sudoku, Dash of Destruction, Word Puzzle, Zombie Apocalypse, Harm's Way
FoxRacing1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #8
kornfan2007

Kornfan2007's Gamercard

Have not confirmed it but I believe so. They can definately be done in player matches with friends. The only online on that has to be ranked making it harder to boost is the win 20 ranked races

Old 12-12-2008, 04:41 AM   #9
Ham Man 89

Send a message via AIM to Ham Man 89

Ham Man 89's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kornfan2007 View Post
Crossing the Line20 Finish 50 races online.
Races online and this will unlock after finishing 50 races.

Ranking Up30 Win 20 ranked matches online.
Race online in ranked matches and win 20 times
i know the guide is complete and all that. but revisement may be neccesary.

-for Crossing The Line. it can be races or battle matches

-for Ranking Up. It MUST be races won even though the description on the achievement says matches.

maybe consider the changes just to clarify for some people.

For you 1st Guide. I would have to put it with some of the best.

WAY TO PWN
Old 12-12-2008, 12:42 PM   #10
kornfan2007

Kornfan2007's Gamercard

I modified crossing the line. Thanks for pointing out battles count as I was not aware.

I already specified race in ranked matches for ranking up. Judging by your response that does not make it clear it has to be races. I thought it was?

Old 12-12-2008, 01:21 PM   #11
CovertDog

covertdog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - CovertDog   2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Good job on the guide man. Sticked.

Space for rent.

CovertDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:20 AM   #12
HeLLa RaW SHOT

Send a message via Skype™ to HeLLa RaW SHOT

Duhrifto's Gamercard
wait so can the crossing the line be in online race editor races? or no...
HeLLa RaW SHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:43 PM   #13
Tehis

Tehis's Gamercard
Can you plz add the Champ names?
Tehis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:35 PM   #14
Time To Rage

Time To Rage's Gamercard
You do get the Jordan gamer pic once you unlock it
Old 01-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #15
kornfan2007

Kornfan2007's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time To Rage View Post
You do get the Jordan gamer pic once you unlock it
Yes you do. Shall edit the guide

Old 01-03-2009, 05:17 PM   #16
HeLLa RaW SHOT

Send a message via Skype™ to HeLLa RaW SHOT

Duhrifto's Gamercard
sorry for the double post but no one answered the question. can crossing the line be achieved in race editor races online..
HeLLa RaW SHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:38 AM   #17
CraftyReaper

Myself and Kn1ghtrider UK sat and did around 55-60 races on our own made circuit but no crossing the line achievement was awarded.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #18
JACA86Pl

JACA86Pl's Gamercard
For "Ranking up" achievement if you have boost partner you don't have to race. One of you can quit at the start and the other one who stays in race will get win.repeat it 20 times
JACA86Pl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:13 PM   #19
Rewmac

Rewmac Icon's Gamercard
Anybody got a tip how to get 25 consecutive wins? It's kinda hard, I was able to do around 10 or 11 I need the 25 for the r8...

Retail Games 100%

Halo 3, Clive Barker's Jericho, Stranglehold, Transformers, Fight Night Round 3, X-Men, Smackdown vs. Raw 2008,
Avatar TLA : TBE, NHL 2K6, Spider-Man Friend Or Foe, Fantastic Four : ROTSS
NBA 2k6, King Kong, TimeShift, Bourne, Star Wars: TFU, Residen Evil 5, Naruto : The Broken Bond

Last edited by Rewmac; 01-10-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Rewmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:51 AM   #20
Cashaddi

Cashaddi's Gamercard
How's about including a mini guide for the social club and giving some other tips/hints for beginners...?

EDIT:
Good guide^^
Cashaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:22 AM   #21
J KiTt KaTt

Very nice job

very nice job on the guide it really helped!
J KiTt KaTt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:11 AM   #22
Cheezbrgr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezbrgr

Cheezbrgr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Korn, use this video for your 'neither bird nor plane' video. Its wayy better.

Also here is a link to the vid of how it will look when the city champ challenges you

Cheezbrgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:04 PM   #23
JACA86Pl

JACA86Pl's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewmac View Post
Anybody got a tip how to get 25 consecutive wins? It's kinda hard, I was able to do around 10 or 11 I need the 25 for the r8...
it's really easy playing green freeway battles. After you win wait for him and race again.Repeat 24 more times. I dont know why you need 25 wins in a row.Achievement requires only 5
JACA86Pl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #24
MrFresh

Send a message via AIM to MrFresh

MrFresh KC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
In the Lap of…20 Beat the Luxury Champ.

After beating the city champ (see "Retire the Master") and completing 35 races After Beating the city champ in a luxury car you should get challenged by this champ. Beat them to get this. May require more than 35 judging by some peoples input.

expect for the bikes...Bike champ comes right after the city champ being that i had 100+ wins with the bike.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:42 PM   #25
Rewmac

Rewmac Icon's Gamercard
Paparazzi10 Save 16 photos to your photo album.

Pause () and move the . This will take you into photo mode. Take 16 pics and save them to each slot of the album. Once all 16 slots are filled you will unlock this

Well I have 16 photos saved and no achievment. I can't upload them either, when I press X to upload it doesn't do anything. Any tips?

Retail Games 100%

Halo 3, Clive Barker's Jericho, Stranglehold, Transformers, Fight Night Round 3, X-Men, Smackdown vs. Raw 2008,
Avatar TLA : TBE, NHL 2K6, Spider-Man Friend Or Foe, Fantastic Four : ROTSS
NBA 2k6, King Kong, TimeShift, Bourne, Star Wars: TFU, Residen Evil 5, Naruto : The Broken Bond

Rewmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:38 PM   #26
kornfan2007

Kornfan2007's Gamercard

Thanks for the feedback. Have added feedback received. Gotta go back to work now but will add credit for people providing help hopefully tonight

Old 01-15-2009, 03:26 PM   #27
S1LENT W0LF

xx LoN3 W0Lf xx's Gamercard
Thumbs up Thx

Thanks for the guide man. Cheers
S1LENT W0LF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:02 PM   #28
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
great guide!..helps sooo much thx again!
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:41 AM   #29
Jagged 88

Jagged88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Good guide

I started the game and raced in the first Time trial but I beat his time by 15+ seconds and now He's told me someone has beaten it. I've got to do it again but the time is that low I cant beat it. If their is a solution to my problem please let me know. I would like to complete all of the Time trials.
Thanks!
Old 01-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #30
MrFresh

Send a message via AIM to MrFresh

MrFresh KC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
thank you got my 1000 today!