PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion > Shivering Isles
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-29-2007, 05:12 AM   #61
jqtaxpayer

John Q Taxpayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x SNIFE x View Post
I am trying to figure out how to get this without having to do it twice. Can anyone tell me when the good time to save is to get both the Duke Mania and Dementia and I saved after killing the gatekeeper before I chose one of the doors to go through so I could do it both different ways. But can anyone tell me if that's where you should save or is it further on when you're already doing quests for the King guy?
When they want you to choose where to take the fire... to the mania or dementia side. Save there, then pick one. Get the achievement, make ANOTHER save and then load your previous save and pick the other. This way, you can play all the way through the other one if you like. Don't know if there's a difference yet. Just completed the dementia side and didn't save beforehand... but I had another save just after beating the game so I've got a beefy character all ready. Armor gives him 100% chameleon and I just went in the door, killed the gatekeeper without any problems and then walked right in. No bone arrows, no tear-soaked hankies, just my trusty daedric shortsword.
jqtaxpayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:21 AM   #62
Blind Fool

Send a message via MSN to Blind Fool Send a message via Skype™ to Blind Fool

Caecus Patronus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Poker Final Table
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dee KC View Post
if i had the money i would deff get this.
Consider this a warning.
Blind Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:52 AM   #63
WaltXXX

Send a message via MSN to WaltXXX Send a message via Skype™ to WaltXXX

WaltXXX's Gamercard
I love this map!
WaltXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 11:39 AM   #64
Blind Fool

Send a message via MSN to Blind Fool Send a message via Skype™ to Blind Fool

Caecus Patronus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Poker Final Table
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltXXX View Post
I love this map!
One post above yours is a warning against spam and you post that, please don't test the mods...
Blind Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:51 PM   #65
x SNIFE x

L Y0U SEE K WHY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jqtaxpayer View Post
When they want you to choose where to take the fire... to the mania or dementia side. Save there, then pick one. Get the achievement, make ANOTHER save and then load your previous save and pick the other. This way, you can play all the way through the other one if you like. Don't know if there's a difference yet. Just completed the dementia side and didn't save beforehand... but I had another save just after beating the game so I've got a beefy character all ready. Armor gives him 100% chameleon and I just went in the door, killed the gatekeeper without any problems and then walked right in. No bone arrows, no tear-soaked hankies, just my trusty daedric shortsword.
Well how far into the Sherograth quests is that cuz I've only just done the Xedilian dungeon stuff? Is it toward the end of getting the Shivering Isles achievements?
x SNIFE x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:28 PM   #66
L3giOn

I L3giOn I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Gears of War Annex Challenge Runners Up   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Submit - Bronze   Street Fighter 2 Runner-up   Donator - Level 1   UNO - Gold
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Ok, so on top of one of the houses in the Crucible, there is a note and a key. The note says that there is a stash of good shit hidden in an urn and sunken in the sewage near the back of Bernice's Dive. Anyone have any clue as to where Bernice's Dive is?

EDIT: Spartan found it, it's behind Bernice's taphouse inside a broken crate. Nothing great in it though...just make sure you take the sweetcakes because they are used in another side quest...

Last edited by L3giOn; 03-29-2007 at 09:44 PM.
L3giOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:59 AM   #67
CombativeCobra

Send a message via AIM to CombativeCobra

CombativeCobra's Gamercard
Oh god, Shivering Isles was a very short story and the ending sucked, I hope they make another download for Hermaeus Mora realm for another 250 Gamerscore and they better put the download for 3400 Microsoft points because I love spending M points.
CombativeCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:17 AM   #68
eggnog

eggnog x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Shivering Isles was, no, IS amazing. The sheer size of the island is surprising at first, as Bethesda says, about 1/4 the size of Cyrodill.

After completing the SI main quest line, and getting a total of 1250 Gamerscore in Oblivion, I found it took me around 72 hours to total 100%, with about 2-5 hours of messing around. SI has definetely rekindled my Oblivion fondness and I will put another 30-40 hours into it before retiring my copy to a friend or Gamestop.

If you like oblivion, get this expansion.
eggnog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:29 AM   #69
x SNIFE x

L Y0U SEE K WHY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombativeCobra View Post
Oh god, Shivering Isles was a very short story and the ending sucked, I hope they make another download for Hermaeus Mora realm for another 250 Gamerscore and they better put the download for 3400 Microsoft points because I love spending M points.
OK I'm sorry but the last few words of that almost made me want to punch a baby.... I don't know anyone in their right mind who could say that.
x SNIFE x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 09:25 AM   #70
loveable gibbon

loveable%20gibbon's Gamercard
Does anyone know where I can find a madness cuirass matrix? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

My sig gallery: CLICKY

loveable gibbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:33 PM   #71
WaltXXX

WaltXXX's Gamercard
Can I travel between Shivering Isles and Cyrodiil? And where in SI can I find a shop who sales "strong potion of healing" and stuff like that?
Old 03-31-2007, 11:27 AM   #72
Baggers

Send a message via AIM to Baggers Send a message via MSN to Baggers Send a message via Skype™ to Baggers

b1ackRose's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
For all with questions, it's best to look HERE first.

Website I found with information about pretty much anything. Might still be a few things missing because SI is still new, but good nonetheless.
Baggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:57 AM   #73
nihilbynumbers

Send a message via AIM to nihilbynumbers

nihilbynumbers's Gamercard
Strange I bought the game, but when I try and load my character it says "loading new content please wait" and then it stops and keeps me at the starting screen.
nihilbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:11 PM   #74
graemelunn

kotor legend's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3   Gamer Score League, MVP, Season 3   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltXXX View Post
Can I travel between Shivering Isles and Cyrodiil? And where in SI can I find a shop who sales "strong potion of healing" and stuff like that?
I dont know about the strong potion of healing, except I believe I found some somewhere in the Imperial District of Cyrodiil ages ago.
Travel between both realms is an option whenever you wish to transcend from one to the other.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:49 PM   #75
WaltXXX

WaltXXX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by graemelunn View Post
I dont know about the strong potion of healing, except I believe I found some somewhere in the Imperial District of Cyrodiil ages ago.
Travel between both realms is an option whenever you wish to transcend from one to the other.
Allright, thanks.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:30 PM   #76
Stinkyf1re
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Stinkyf1re

St1nkyfire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   UMK3 Tournament Winner!   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
So i was thinking now that there is a FORUM instead of just a shiv isles thread. are the admins still going to be locking new threads posted in this forum? personally i think its easier reading new threads that skimming through pages and pages of one thread.

i could be wrong, just a suggestion
Stinkyf1re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:06 AM   #77
soflyinMS

soflyinms's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Fool View Post
One post above yours is a warning against spam and you post that, please don't test the mods...

blind fool you are the main one spamming.you have nothing to say except don't spam.If I want to say that I love this game that's my right.deal with it.and don't take your mod powers to your head.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:42 AM   #78
jock_o69

Dirty Sombrero's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihilbynumbers View Post
Strange I bought the game, but when I try and load my character it says "loading new content please wait" and then it stops and keeps me at the starting screen.
You have a patch issue! You will have to remove your download and then play ESO while logged on so it will update with the new patch.

"The object of war is not to die for your country. . . it's to make the other bastard die for his"

jock_o69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:32 PM   #79
Herr. Maurice

Quest Help

I've got a quest question for u...

When i'm playing the quest '' the uncoming storm''
i need to collect a few items for someone..
when i'm in a temple, going after a amulet.. it's in a jar, marked by the marker... I't says ''frozen shut''. A distance behind it lays a torch wich says ''it can be hold by anyone, but not owned''. I know allready that i need to press left bumper to hold it.. But what do i need to do then.. Can someone plz tell me how do i get this amulet out of the jar. wich is frozen sollit.. plz help me....
Herr. Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:04 PM   #80
P1NSEEKER

Send a message via MSN to P1NSEEKER

p1nseek3r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 5   SOTF Winner   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr. Maurice View Post
I've got a quest question for u...

When i'm playing the quest '' the uncoming storm''
i need to collect a few items for someone..
when i'm in a temple, going after a amulet.. it's in a jar, marked by the marker... I't says ''frozen shut''. A distance behind it lays a torch wich says ''it can be hold by anyone, but not owned''. I know allready that i need to press left bumper to hold it.. But what do i need to do then.. Can someone plz tell me how do i get this amulet out of the jar. wich is frozen sollit.. plz help me....
We have a thread dedicated to help on quests now dude

I'll repost it in there for ya!
Old 03-16-2008, 11:00 AM   #81
Smugu

smugu's Gamercard
just got this! i have pretty high expectations.. i hope it wont let me down
Smugu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:51 PM   #82
Chrispy Ware

Chrispy Ware's Gamercard
Ok, so I popped Oblivion into my x box so i could finish it off and it said there were updates that needed to be downloaded so I let it do its thing. Now it added 250 extra points onto my gamerscore with all this shivering isles stuff, which i'm never gonna purchase or play so how can i delete these"added" achievements so it quits messing up my completion percentage? It also did this with Army of Two by adding 100 points and Fifa Street 3, however, the Fifa one is back down to 1,000 again...
Chrispy Ware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:49 AM   #83
Jokez NZ

Jokez NZ's Gamercard
I was gutted that I didn't make a save before the decision part. Not going to bother with the last achievement for the other side.
Jokez NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:30 AM   #84
Bio-Strike

I finished the original 1k on Oblivion just a few days ago and I'm wondering, if I buy the GotY Edition and use the GotY edition disc, is there anything (bad) that'll happen? Will my saves still be there? Or do I have to start a new character?
Bio-Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:07 PM   #85
Stewie Griffin2

Stew1e Griffin2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bio-Strike View Post
I finished the original 1k on Oblivion just a few days ago and I'm wondering, if I buy the GotY Edition and use the GotY edition disc, is there anything (bad) that'll happen? Will my saves still be there? Or do I have to start a new character?
Don't buy the GOTY edition, just buy the expansion pack used from Gamestop, take it home and save it, then return it. GOTY is the same as doing this, the Shivering Isles still have to be saved to the HDD from a separate disc, then you need the first disc to play it. If you're heart-set on the GOTY, then your saves will still be there, but it's really not neccessary to do all that.
Stewie Griffin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:56 AM   #86
Pooley 86

Pooley 86's Gamercard
Hey, I know this thread is really old, but I was wondering if anyone thinks this DLC is worth it, for the gameplay hours and the achievements?
Pooley 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:29 AM   #87
letum

L3tum's Gamercard
Thanks for the tips
letum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #88
Mydan

TRBuyert's Gamercard
I didn't know where exactly to post this, but I just wanted to point out that the Shivering Isles Expansion only costs 1200 MSP not 2400.
Mydan is offline   Reply With Quote