Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-26-2006, 10:46 PM   #61
Heart Braden

Heart Braden's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
You don't necessarily have to grenade him OR use the torque bow on him to get the Kryll off of him. They leave him automatically, so my advice, (and what I did) is to just take cover, wait for the Kryll to leave him, and then pop out and get as many headshots as you possibly can, before the Kryll go back to him. Once he gets too close to you, Roadie Run to the other side of the arena, and repeat. It worked for me on Hardcore the second time I tried.

Good luck.

Completed Retail/Arcade:

Heart Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:57 PM   #62
invincible rob

VyperRob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm having trouble with this guy on Casual >.< I empty the torque bow and half of my lancer and he still walks/ fires and kills me, the only reason I say half my lancer is because I never get past unloading 300 bullets into him, thanks for all the advice and I'll try the bugger again next time I'm on the box.

Sig courtesy of JJ UK
invincible rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:09 AM   #63
ac2565
Banned User

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
RAAM is very hard on insane and everybody I play with on xbox live dont know what the heck to do.

Last edited by ac2565; 12-27-2006 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Watched the language
ac2565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:14 AM   #64
Gunstar Chaos

Gunstar Chaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gears of War Annex Challenge Winners   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Submit - Bronze
Casual: No problem
Hardcore: A little tough
Insane: Still haven't beat it I'm right at it and I keep trying but its hard to do it solo.
Gunstar Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 06:16 PM   #65
invincible rob

VyperRob x360a's Gamercard

The tactic I used was:- fire one torque bow to get rid of his kryll, then unload the lancer after repeating this until I ran out of torque bow bolts, I just waited untill he came into the light areas (then his kryll have to leave) then unload the lancer.

Sig courtesy of JJ UK
invincible rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:12 AM   #66
killerharu45

Send a message via AIM to killerharu45

II Giffy II's Gamercard

He's Done

I beat this S.O.B. on insane today. I did it with a friend on Live. I kept on hitting him with the torque bow and sniper until he got really close to me. Then i sprinted to the gatling gun and killed him in about 5 seconds with all of damage he already had.

Blasted him!!!!
killerharu45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:37 AM   #67
Gunstar Chaos

Awards Showcase Gears of War Annex Challenge Winners   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Submit - Bronze
I can't beat him, I am trying to do this solo. I unload every torque bow shot at him until I'm out, when he gets close I gerade him about 3 times. Then shoot him endless with lancer. Dom doesn't him so he stays at me the whole time.

I tried to run to the torret but when I get there (if I do) the Kryll kill me while I'm shooting. What do I need to do, find a partner?
Old 01-02-2007, 05:57 AM   #68
Smokez

Send a message via AIM to Smokez Send a message via MSN to Smokez

Smokez v2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
dont leave the light and they wont get you. Just use the bow and evertime u bow him use ur lance and kep doing it

Smokez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:44 AM   #69
Gunstar Chaos

That worked on Casual and Hardcore, but not on Insane.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:00 AM   #70
Smokez

Send a message via AIM to Smokez Send a message via MSN to Smokez

Smokez v2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
hmm it worked for me o and l also chainsawed him lol and he thought i was dum then punched me

Smokez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:07 AM   #71
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
i'll join anyones match and be dom for the last level if anyone needs help on insane! (i havent beaten that one on insane yet so i need it too!)
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:34 PM   #72
SOfresh 21

Send a message via AIM to SOfresh 21

SOfresh 21's Gamercard
I think you should pick up the Torque and the Sniper rifle. Do this. If you are alone without co-op. Torque Bow him when he got the KRYLL on him and then the torque will blow the kryll off him and then once that happens you can get him about 2 or 3 times with the sniper and then repeat. once he gets close to you, you can go ahead and run for your life. get behind a barrell and do the same he should be dead in a couple hits. Hope this helps
SOfresh 21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:14 AM   #73
BlaZiN cdn

Send a message via MSN to BlaZiN cdn

Skeltum's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
me and a friend killed him in about 30 seconds by shooting him with the torque bow (to get the kryll of him) the shootin him in the head with it about 3-4 times (if u can) then run up with your grenades and throw all of them at his feet (assuming u have 4, and dont take the time 2 aim because u will probably die)

sorry if u finished it already i didnt really take the time to read all the posts and i hope it helps
BlaZiN cdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:37 AM   #74
inVISIBLe KLLR

inViSiBle KLLR's Gamercard
Thumbs up help 4 noobs

help 4 general RAAM, i have seen people complain about not being able 2 defeat RAAM well here is an easy way, have a torque bow because when you shoot the bow at him that will cause the kryll(those annoying birds who can only kill u if your in the dark) to get off of him then you will have some time to shoot him. i used the sniper and gave him a few good head shots but you dont have to. if your lucky you can make it to the back and use the turret to blast him to hell. or just stick with lancer assault rifle(chainsaw gun) dont go with the shotgun cause it is not long distance and you have to try to get as much shots off as u can so u can try to hurt him from far. i already beat the game on all three modes casual, harcore, and even on insane . but the best thing is that to stick with the torque bow and make sure to have plenty of ammo. if u have any questions reply . and if u think that my tips just suck ass let me kno, if u kno a better way let me kno.
inVISIBLe KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 01:27 AM   #75
inVISIBLe KLLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart Braden View Post
You don't necessarily have to grenade him OR use the torque bow on him to get the Kryll off of him. They leave him automatically, so my advice, (and what I did) is to just take cover, wait for the Kryll to leave him, and then pop out and get as many headshots as you possibly can, before the Kryll go back to him. Once he gets too close to you, Roadie Run to the other side of the arena, and repeat. It worked for me on Hardcore the second time I tried.

Good luck.
nice but u might need the torque bow because when the kryll leave him they come to try to kill u but if u use the torque bow the jus fly in the air and u could get a couple of head shot on him.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:01 AM   #76
bunsoffun

so if you use the torque bow then its safe to use the gattling gun because the kryll wont eat you?
bunsoffun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:04 PM   #77
inVISIBLe KLLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunsoffun View Post
so if you use the torque bow then its safe to use the gattling gun because the kryll wont eat you?
no i think that they will still eat you its just that when you use the torque bow it causes the kryll to get of of him 4 a couple of seconds.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #78
rlg420
Banned User

Angry Raam on roids

I am pretty sure that the Raam me and my buddy are trying to kill on insane went to Barry Bonds' house and "unknowing" took some roids or something. We have tried just about every way to kill the bastard and he will not go down. My buddy would torque bow him and switch to the lancer while I am sniping the hell out of him. We have tried both having lancers. We have tried one guy book it down the the mounted gun and blast him until chomped on by the Kryll. We tried to kill him for 8 hours and finally gave up. I am pretty sure I don't suck as bad as Daam makes me feel. Just a rant, thank you.

Last edited by rlg420; 01-05-2007 at 04:55 PM. Reason: mispelling
rlg420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:22 PM   #79
Buttcheeks

TrX Cheeks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gears of War Annex Challenge Winners   Gears of War Tournament Winners   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlg420 View Post
I am pretty sure that the Raam me and my buddy are trying to kill on insane went to Barry Bonds' house and "unknowing" took some roids or something. We have tried just about every way to kill the bastard and he will not go down. My buddy would torque bow him and switch to the lancer while I am sniping the hell out of him. We have tried both having lancers. We have tried one guy book it down the the mounted gun and blast him until chomped on by the Kryll. We tried to kill him for 8 hours and finally gave up. I am pretty sure I don't suck as bad as Daam makes me feel. Just a rant, thank you.
Just make sure whoever has the tourque bow has full ammo in it and whichever one of you doesn't have the tourque take the sniper rifle. Then when you shoot him with the tourque to get the Kryll off of him keep sticking him with it while the other guy snipes. The tourque will do a huge amount of damage to him even on insane. It took my friend and i about 3 tries to finally kill him. Also make sure you snipe him in the head if possible.
Buttcheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:49 PM   #80
inVISIBLe KLLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlg420 View Post
that happened to me to me and my bro tried everything on insane use both having snipers or use both having lancers but the snipers ended up helping us after the umm..... 50th time we got him with one last head shot , so just keep trying but its gonna be a while.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:55 PM   #81
Gunstar Chaos

Yea I think my best bet is to find someone online and play the last chapter. I've been trying to kill RAAM by myself for the week and haven't did it. I feel so used against him.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:57 PM   #82
Buttcheeks

TrX Cheeks's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gears of War Annex Challenge Winners   Gears of War Tournament Winners   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Gunstar i'll help you out. Just send me a message when you want to do it and i'm online. We could probably finish it tonight for you.
Buttcheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:07 PM   #83
inVISIBLe KLLR

Ill Help You To Im About To Go Online And I Already Beat It On Insane
Old 01-07-2007, 11:45 PM   #84
Legendary RJK

Legendary RJK's Gamercard
it's gonna take a bunch of trys to kill him, on hardore it was fairly easy, but on insane is a bit more tricky...
Legendary RJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 02:22 AM   #85
Gunstar Chaos

Yea its definely a whole lot easier with two people. Buttcheeks helped me out and it was greatly appreciated.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:05 PM   #86
logitech

Send a message via MSN to logitech

TRAGICxGENERAL's Gamercard
Ramm Is So Easy

He's Just So Easy......... MY GAMER TAG IS DARTH AZAZEL IF U NEED HELP
logitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:36 PM   #87
rlg420
Banned User

Raam on roids go BOOOOM!

Ok people we stomped his ass this time. I had the idea for us both to have the torque bow, so instead of loading the checkpoint save I had my buddy just use level select to basically the same place. We both had full ammo on the torque bow. I had only used the "nuge" one other time so I was only able to hit him 4 times but my buddy hit him 6 times and the big ugly bastard when down like a hooker for $5. Thanks for the encouragement people.
rlg420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:43 PM   #88
ContrastElement

Send a message via AIM to ContrastElement

ContrastElement's Gamercard
i thought he was easy when i played at my friends, but im getting my own copy tues. ANYONE NEEDING THE ACHIEVEMENTS SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST!!!
ContrastElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 10:29 PM   #89
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
I beat him on insane a while back...I actually found it harder to beat the reavers right before General RAAM on insanse. I kept getting slaughtered on the turret, finally managed to switch turrets without getting a torque in the head and got them, but I think I was literally stuck for three or four hours on that one checkpoint.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:50 AM   #90
Gunstar Chaos

That part isn't bad when you shoot them down with the torque bow and jump down the ladder before the next one kills you, repeat that and its easy.