Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-06-2008, 08:14 PM   #211
Worm99

W0RM99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Worms 2nd Place   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Ok I have a dumb question but im going to ask anyway because I was unable to find a clear answer. When you complete the game on easy are you able to keep all of your plasmids,tonics,wepons...ect if you go through and replay the game on easy or hard again?
Worm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:17 PM   #212
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worm99 View Post
Ok I have a dumb question but im going to ask anyway because I was unable to find a clear answer. When you complete the game on easy are you able to keep all of your plasmids,tonics,wepons...ect if you go through and replay the game on easy or hard again?
No, nothing carries over between games. Every game starts the exact same way.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:38 PM   #213
Worm99

W0RM99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Worms 2nd Place   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
No, nothing carries over between games. Every game starts the exact same way.
well boo that sucks but thank you
Worm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 05:15 PM   #214
COGDawg9128
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to COGDawg9128

FudPucker9128's Gamercard
Oh yea

great game, fun achievements

but, the only achievement I found annoying was the "Historian" achievement, I didnt realize that you have to get all them diaries in one play through, rather tough and time consuming, but definetley worth the 50 points

YEA! I have been BioShockeD!
COGDawg9128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:01 PM   #215
COGDawg9128
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to COGDawg9128

FudPucker9128's Gamercard
would you kindly?

Oh yea, great game and all.

But, I must say that, after having played the game about 6 times thru, (2 times on Easy, 2 times on Normal and 2 times on Hard), I found that the game can be completed without the help of of Eve and Health upgrades.

On my final playthru on Hard, I only upgraded my Health bar maybe twice, and I got to Fontaine and whooped his ass just fine without max health upgrades. Avoiding the Big Daddies makes the game a helluva lot easier too!

WOULD YOU KINDLY?
COGDawg9128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:34 PM   #216
Deathlorddanny

Send a message via AIM to Deathlorddanny Send a message via MSN to Deathlorddanny

Dannnnn The Man's Gamercard
Ok, i have most of the achievements except for historian avid inventor and research phd for some reason. I loaded it back to ryans office where i missed that one. Now that im dont with the other achievements can i change it to easy and will it still give me the historian achievement?

{Owning nubs in halo since halo 1}
l.l Play to win or get out l.l

Need partners to boost with in:

R6V2, HawX
Deathlorddanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:35 PM   #217
Blyckert

Blyckert's Gamercard
I just gotta' say that I think that this is the absolute best game for the Xbox360 ever. The achievements are perfect, the only one I have left is Brass Balls and I don't feel like doing that one, they're not to easy, not to hard and not to boring. Many of the achievements come naturally while you play the story, and almost everyone of the other, though they take the entire game to get, are easy, for example the Historian achievement. And on the other hand is the game itself, with the story and everything, perfect. I've tried to play this on the PC before but then i found it to massive to enjoy. Once I got it for the 360, sat down and started playing it I realized that it's really fun. I just have to say to everyone that haven't played this game that they do. Or else you're going to miss something.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #218
Megazerosaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blyckert View Post
I just gotta' say that I think that this is the absolute best game for the Xbox360 ever. The achievements are perfect, the only one I have left is Brass Balls and I don't feel like doing that one, they're not to easy, not to hard and not to boring. Many of the achievements come naturally while you play the story, and almost everyone of the other, though they take the entire game to get, are easy, for example the Historian achievement. And on the other hand is the game itself, with the story and everything, perfect. I've tried to play this on the PC before but then i found it to massive to enjoy. Once I got it for the 360, sat down and started playing it I realized that it's really fun. I just have to say to everyone that haven't played this game that they do. Or else you're going to miss something.
I have to disagree with you. This is one of the best games but far from the being the best. This game is essentially Oblivion with guns. You've got to love how they added in a crossbow in this and didn't add one in Oblivion. That being said, this game has one of the best achievements made for it and greatly help the replay value.
Megazerosaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 02:37 PM   #219
BurninK

does the game tell you what audio diaries you collected like gears 2 or do you just have to guess like gears 1
BurninK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:06 PM   #220
orp08

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurninK View Post
does the game tell you what audio diaries you collected like gears 2 or do you just have to guess like gears 1
Yes, press start (in game) somewhere in that menu it tells you every audio diary you have and you can also hear them again if you want.
orp08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:33 PM   #221
Thunder cg
Banned User

AU Loverson's Gamercard
Does any1 know where to get a german copy of the game from,did get hold of 1 but turned out not to be the real thing any ideas?
Thunder cg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:47 AM   #222
eazybrowniemix

So yeah i just bought bioshock,looked up the achievements online,and made my goals to get "brass balls" "seriously good at this" and a couple of others.

Well that was about 4 days ago. Today I finally beat the game on the first try on HARD without using any vitachambers(If I had died or was about to die I would either return to the dashboard or go and load back up my last save)

beat atlas get the "defeated atlas" achievement.......2 achievemnts for 140g!
"Oh I wonder what those were"

"seriously good at this" and "little sister savior" and "WHAT?!" no brass balls achievement?! WTF WHAT THE FLYING DUCK DID I DO WRONG?!
eazybrowniemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:27 AM   #223
ascalon11

ascalon11's Gamercard
are you guys talking about bioshock 1 or 2
ascalon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:31 AM   #224
ascalon11

ascalon11's Gamercard
I was pissed off when i beat the game on hard and didn't get the "Seriously good at this" achievement. I have every achievement except for brass balls and seriousy good at this.

The
ascalon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:33 PM   #225
eazybrowniemix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascalon11 View Post
are you guys talking about bioshock 1 or 2
we're talking about 2 :P
eazybrowniemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:01 PM   #226
MidgetInABikini

cant wait to pick up this game, never really got interested in it until now, lets see how it goes
MidgetInABikini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #227
TwinTipZ

TwinTipZ's Gamercard
Currently replaying Bioshock to get tonic collector and historian. I'm playing it on easy so i can rip through it. But its taking forever... I have been playing about 1 and a half hours and i am just now finishing the Medical Pavilion (Just need to take out that big daddy). Was it slow like this for everyone else?
Old 08-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #228
Darkoni

xxdarkonixx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTipZ View Post
Currently replaying Bioshock to get tonic collector and historian. I'm playing it on easy so i can rip through it. But its taking forever... I have been playing about 1 and a half hours and i am just now finishing the Medical Pavilion (Just need to take out that big daddy). Was it slow like this for everyone else?
Yeah it was pretty slow for me too. Looking for those diaries really made it take forever. So don't worry, it's expected.
Darkoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #229
CyberPunch83

CyberPunch83's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Since I wasn't in the mood to play through BioShock 3 times, I combined my Historian, Seriously Good at This, and Brass Balls altogether into one playthrough. It worked well, until halfway through Hephaestus, when the Vita-Chambers miraculously started to work again. I checked the options, and the option to disable Vita-Chambers was gone altogether. I thought nothing of it, continued without using them, and no achievement, even when they disabled themselves for the final battle with Fontaine. Anyone else have this problem?

50k achieved 10/10/2011
100k achieved 7/3/2014
Achievement: Wheelie God (20G) - Ride to Hell: Retribution

GTA Online Rank (12/19/2014) 114

Games 100%: 103
Latest: Backyard Sports: Rookie Rush

Working on:
World of Tanks (650/700)
Assassin's Creed IV (455/1250)
Destiny (starting soon)
CyberPunch83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:18 AM   #230
aussiegamer

HoMiCiDaL362's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTipZ View Post
It took me about 50 minutes to pass Medical Pavilion collecting everything. I'm going to take this game slow and do 1 level in each sitting (1-2 sittings per week, or whenever I feel like it) use walkthroughs and guides as much as possible. Read into where exactly where to find every Diary don't just look at a map. Directions are a great help!
Old 07-31-2010, 11:11 PM   #231
dragonpwnr99

DragonPwnr99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
hey what is a good method for getting avid inventor? i am planning on playing through on easy with vita chambers off so i can try that brass balls glitch thing. i want to get my last for ach's this playthrough,
avid inventor
historian
seriously good at this
brass balls
thanks for any help!
Achievements-86% Points-84%
80,000 on 8-30-14
dragonpwnr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:15 PM   #232
dragonpwnr99

DragonPwnr99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazybrowniemix View Post
So yeah i just bought bioshock,looked up the achievements online,and made my goals to get "brass balls" "seriously good at this" and a couple of others.

Well that was about 4 days ago. Today I finally beat the game on the first try on HARD without using any vitachambers(If I had died or was about to die I would either return to the dashboard or go and load back up my last save)

beat atlas get the "defeated atlas" achievement.......2 achievemnts for 140g!
"Oh I wonder what those were"

"seriously good at this" and "little sister savior" and "WHAT?!" no brass balls achievement?! WTF WHAT THE FLYING DUCK DID I DO WRONG?!
do you have the free DLC downloaded?
Achievements-86% Points-84%
80,000 on 8-30-14
dragonpwnr99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:52 PM   #233
SuperstarDJ

bummed

it really bummed me out that in Bioshock 2 we didn't had to find every single recording to get the achievement. They could have done the same on the first game since I've only missed like 2 of them on the original Bioshock and really don't think I'll be able to play it all over again just for that...
SuperstarDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:21 PM   #234
Kinifee

Kinifee's Gamercard
I actually kind of like it
Kinifee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #235
ozborg21

Ozborg21's Gamercard
Need online players, add me ozborg21
O - Oh My Days It's Ozborg21
R - Really? Ozborg21?
G - God Damn Ozborg21
2 - 2 Pieced By Ozborg21
1 - 1 Chance To Kill Ozborg21

ozborg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:14 PM   #236
zzamaro

zzamaro's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozborg21 View Post
Need online players, add me ozborg21
There's no online mode.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:39 PM   #237
BuckitBong

BuckitBong's Gamercard
These are the most random achievements.
BuckitBong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #238
Tha Reaper Guy

Send a message via AIM to Tha Reaper Guy Send a message via MSN to Tha Reaper Guy

Tha Reaper Guy's Gamercard
PC & Xbox360

Quick question as im quite confused about this and have looked around for a while, is the xbox 360 achievement list and the PC version list different for Bioshock? Like the Fallout 3 version, where they have two different lists?

Or, I may be wrong and the PC version doesn't have achievements but I've been told they have?

Any help on this guys?

Thanks,

TRG.

Currently Working on 1000 - De Blob 2, Borderlands 1 & 2, Band Hero, Warriors of Rock. Dirt 3 PC
Tha Reaper Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:42 PM   #239
Rums
Banned User

Well, I just finished this game today and I guess I left out a video diary because the achievement didn't unlock, and it's the last one I need. Lol, I am pretty upset with myself right now.

Edit: I missed 2. One was in a trunk, and the other was in plain sight at a bar.

Last edited by Rums; 08-01-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Rums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:37 AM   #240
Chriss234

Chriss234's Gamercard
First game I ever got 100% on.
Chriss234 is offline   Reply With Quote