PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Afro Samurai
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-29-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
uh oh its renaud

How do you beat the flamethrower dude?

any tips on how to beat the flamethrower dude at the end of okikus story or however the f you spell her name. i cant even get close to this dude and if i do i hit him 3 times and he sends me flyin halfway across the map.

any tips would be greatly sppreciated
uh oh its renaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
StolenKyle/

Send a message via AIM to StolenKyle/ Send a message via MSN to StolenKyle/

KyleDDx's Gamercard
I'm at him too right now. I get hit every sec. I can't even touch the fucking guy. Its really pissing me off.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:31 PM   #3
Dr4ken22

Dr4ken22's Gamercard
Click the LS and sprint towards him when he's not shooting. Hit him a few times and he'll probably throw you back. Just repeat this and his gun will jam a few times and he'll start doing this wierd jumping thing. Keep striking between his attacks and eventually he'll die.

Most of the bosses on this game are similar, you just have to run around and block and wait for the right oppurtunity to attack.
Dr4ken22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:45 PM   #4
mark212

Bieser101's Gamercard
Dr4ken said it pretty good, but what i did was when you run toward him go to the right or left while sprinting. Afro has a move that will drive you into him and slice him a couple times then to avoid being pushed back go into focus and flip backwards.

Now he 4 moves that he used on me.
1. Normal just uses the flamethrower to shoot flames
2. After it jams he presses it agaisnt the ground and a ring of fire comes out. Jump over it and attack or attack while its charging and it will stop him
3. After it jams again he will do the ground things again but in 3 rapid shots. Best to go in before he gets it off
4. He started shooting 3 powerful blasts at me. I just sprinted till i was close and side sliced him.

mark212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #5
uh oh its renaud

k once i figured out that you can dash i beat him in 5 mins very easy... just dash at him after his fire bullish and then just keep hitting the y button you will do mad combos and he wont throw you back every 3 hits cuz hes getting fucked up u get 2 teddy bears so its actually a really easy boss
uh oh its renaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #6
Dee Jay Dub

I found an even easier way... apparently he can't block jumping charged Y attacks. I just kept constantly jumping toward him, pressing and holding Y in the air and Afro will charge and slam down with a vert attack. Flamethrower guy never blocked it and was dead in about a minute.
Dee Jay Dub is offline   Reply With Quote