PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto IV
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #421
anolop

anolop's Gamercard
Great, thanks!
Old 01-04-2009, 04:25 PM   #422
mjemec

mjemec's Gamercard
Finally managed to beat the QUB3D high score. Glad I got that out of the way.
mjemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #423
HomicidalPots

Quote:
Originally Posted by BouncingBalls22 View Post
I was using IGN's guide. When I started hunting for them on Alderney, the guide said I was only missing 56 pigeons, but in the game I was missing 58....Fcuk you damn pigeons
the pigeons ach. sucks in this game. its cool that u have to shoot them, but maybe one of the most frustrating things i've ever experienced in gaming. It's dumb that shooting 1 effen pigeon can result in a four star wanted level or my getting busted and losing 20,000+ dollars and everyone of my weapons with recently purchased full ammo for each and 25 grenades at 100 a pop. It should NOT be that much comotion for 1 shot of a gun. I understand the choas but unlees I SHOOT SOMEONE OR SOMETHING IMPORTANT, I shouldn't have to go thru that much hastle for effen pigeons.
HomicidalPots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:45 AM   #424
spunyun

x Spunyun's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomicidalPots View Post
the pigeons ach. sucks in this game. its cool that u have to shoot them, but maybe one of the most frustrating things i've ever experienced in gaming. It's dumb that shooting 1 effen pigeon can result in a four star wanted level or my getting busted and losing 20,000+ dollars and everyone of my weapons with recently purchased full ammo for each and 25 grenades at 100 a pop. It should NOT be that much comotion for 1 shot of a gun. I understand the choas but unlees I SHOOT SOMEONE OR SOMETHING IMPORTANT, I shouldn't have to go thru that much hastle for effen pigeons.
Sounds like you're buying way to much from the gun shop and you suck at running from the cops.
spunyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:11 AM   #425
Namaste

Is it possible to boost for any of the multiplayer racing achievements?
Namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #426
Liamnator1005

Liamnator1005's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namaste View Post
Is it possible to boost for any of the multiplayer racing achievements?
yep but you have to be in a party with 15 other players and do a ranked match

also when i am trying to do the under the radar acheivment it never unlocks when i go unter the larger bridge on the thrid island which is the one the closest the left edge of the map
100% retail: Condemned 1 &2, Hitman Blood Money, Assassin's Creed 1 & 2, Lost, Bourne Conspiracy, Fallout 3, Fable 2, COD4 & MW2, Dead Space, Spiderman WOS, Batman Arkham Asylum, Bioshock, Iron Man, Wolverine, Prince Of Persia TFS, The Force Unleashed, Halo 3 & ODST, Dead Rising 2

100% arcade: F2 Pub Games, Dash of Destruction, Banjo Kazooie, DR2: Case Zero & Case West, Sonic 1 & 2

working on: Gears of War 2, Banjo Kazooie N&B, Banjo Tooie, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Bioshock 2
Liamnator1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:35 PM   #427
Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liamnator1005 View Post
yep but you have to be in a party with 15 other players and do a ranked match
Are you sure about 15 players in total? That's not what I heard.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:14 AM   #428
ianjcm

PHANT0M LIMBS's Gamercard
only needs to be 2 players. You don't need 15

ianjcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:33 AM   #429
jason86586

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
yeh you definutely dont need 15
jason86586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:36 AM   #430
jason86586

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomicidalPots View Post
dont get arrested by the cops

and if there is some incredible way to go to a four star wanted level by firing one bullet, then just kill yourself if you feel the cops are about the arrest you, that way you dont get fined as much and you get to keep all your weapons after coming out of the hospital

and btw i find it better to use a SMG rather than a pistol because SMG's are quieter than pistols and less likely to attract attention, its a shame that they took out the silenced pistol from san andreas, that would have made things eaisier.
jason86586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:59 AM   #431
Namaste

Is it possible to set up a boosting party to get these achievements?

Join The Midnight Club, Taking It For The Team, Top The Midnight Club
Old 02-16-2009, 05:10 PM   #432
Master Michl

Master Michl's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namaste View Post
Is it possible to set up a boosting party to get these achievements?

Join The Midnight Club, Taking It For The Team, Top The Midnight Club
I'm wondering about this too, sorry for sounding like the biggest noob, but I just started GTAIV multiplayer a day ago and always thought that it was not possible to play ranked games with friends...

now I read this on another page:

How do I play ranked games with my friends?

When you select 'multiplayer' on the phone, click 'party mode'. Then it should load you on the map. Then invite the people you want in your game. Now all you have to do is go to phone and hit ranked, then the game mode you want.

does this work on XBL??? i don't have anyone to try it out with atm., but if it works then one of my friends will surely buy the game just so we can play together.

Mike, dedicated gamer.
Master Michl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:40 PM   #433
ethanl2k7

Ethanl2k7's Gamercard
you have to search the same time as your friends and hope for the best. you cant do ranked via party mode.

RIP George M. Steibrenner III owner of the world renowned baseball team of the Bronx.
ethanl2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:55 AM   #434
Jake27

Jake Hudson's Gamercard
In order to boost the races with just 2 guys... you really need quiet server time...

any1 know when it's the easiest?
Old 02-19-2009, 11:54 PM   #435
NWH SHAGSTETR

NWH SHAGSTER's Gamercard
Any one now how i send in to the web site a guide for a acheivements thay dont have and ive dun it and wont them to put it in thanks for any help
NWH SHAGSTETR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:01 AM   #436
Pashos

Pashos x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 2   Submit - Gold   FIFA/Madden Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   3 on 3 NHL Arcade Subscribers Tourn. Third Place   Burnout Paradise Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWH SHAGSTETR View Post
Any one now how i send in to the web site a guide for a acheivements thay dont have and ive dun it and wont them to put it in thanks for any help
Look HERE. Make sure you read the rules first.

152 100% Retail

22 100% Arcade
Pashos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #437
Flak

KillingJoke3030's Gamercard
Are there any achievements that are impossible after completing story mode? I've mostly been doing side mission stuff but I've been itching to jump back into the story. I'm worried some are missable like the wanted missions or Stevie's text messages.

[My Games Collection]
Flak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:52 PM   #438
IXI Icetray IXI

Send a message via MSN to IXI Icetray IXI

dusty cheddars's Gamercard
Ok, I have all of the Single Player achievements except for Liberty Minute now my question is if you pause the game and dont come back for like 15 minutes does that count towards the 30 hour mark?

EDIT: Nevermind I tested it out and it shows the date,time, and money and the time doesnt move

Last edited by IXI Icetray IXI; 02-20-2009 at 10:56 PM.
IXI Icetray IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:57 PM   #439
IXI Icetray IXI

Send a message via MSN to IXI Icetray IXI

dusty cheddars's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flak View Post
Are there any achievements that are impossible after completing story mode? I've mostly been doing side mission stuff but I've been itching to jump back into the story. I'm worried some are missable like the wanted missions or Stevie's text messages.
No, Stevies text messages stay there until you decide to do them, so have some fun, relax and enjoy the story mode
IXI Icetray IXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #440
XBLsFinest

XBLsFinest's Gamercard
Anyone know where I can check how many people I have knocked off of the bikes?
Just found it if anyone wants to know it is:
Stats>Score>Numbers of racers knocked off their bike, near the bottom.

15,000 reached 12/05/2009 - The Nutcracker(Fable 2)
20,000 reached 22/11/2009 - The Conspirators(Assassins Creed 2)
100%- 10 Games
XBLsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:17 PM   #441
Yonkazkid

Anyone wanna help me boost the races.

I have all the races and gta races for the road class.
All GTA Races for everything except Canonball runs.
Basically I have like 30 more to go.

Send me a message....GT:Yonkazkid

Looking to get this done today!
Old 02-22-2009, 05:57 AM   #442
NWH SHAGSTETR

NWH SHAGSTER's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pashos18 View Post
look here. Make sure you read the rules first.
nice one thanks
Old 02-22-2009, 09:58 PM   #443
Slater 94

Slater 94's Gamercard
Im confused. The achievement "Taking it for the Team" requires you to win; Team Deathmatch, Team Mafia Work, Team Car Jack City, Turf War and Cops & Crooks (as both sides in the same game) right? Well I checked on the leaderboards and all games modes say I have a win for each, but no achievement. Can anyone help?
By the way I've won Cops & Crooks on both; All for One & One for All.
Thanks in advance.

Slater 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:26 PM   #444
Neon Tiger

what is the best way for a friend and I to try to be in the same room to get the racing achivements???? is it just luck or what, we were in the same party but it seems to be extremely random if we get in the same room together. we want to start the races with just the two of us. ANY HELP OR TIPS ON HOW TO DO THIS????
Neon Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:10 PM   #445
Ben987

Ben987's Gamercard
For some reason, I am unable to check off any of the 'TLAD' achievements on my lists. I'm able to tick off the GTA4 ones, but none of the expansion ones.

Searched the forums but am unable to find anyone else with the same problem or a way to tick them off. Any suggestions?
Ben987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:19 AM   #446
Gamechamp

Send a message via AIM to Gamechamp

Gamechamp3000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flak View Post
The only missable ones are Liberty City Minute and Driving Mr. Bellic.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:41 AM   #447
Pashos

Pashos x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 2   Submit - Gold   FIFA/Madden Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   3 on 3 NHL Arcade Subscribers Tourn. Third Place   Burnout Paradise Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place   Road Map - Gold   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben987 View Post
For some reason, I am unable to check off any of the 'TLAD' achievements on my lists. I'm able to tick off the GTA4 ones, but none of the expansion ones.

Searched the forums but am unable to find anyone else with the same problem or a way to tick them off. Any suggestions?
When new DLC achievements are added, you have to delete the game from your checklists and then add it again. They should work once you do this.

152 100% Retail

22 100% Arcade
Pashos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:57 AM   #448
NWH SHAGSTETR

NWH SHAGSTER's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon tiger View Post
what is the best way for a friend and i to try to be in the same room to get the racing achivements???? Is it just luck or what, we were in the same party but it seems to be extremely random if we get in the same room together. We want to start the races with just the two of us. Any help or tips on how to do this????
i have same prob. I got 2 xbox 360 1 mine 1 me ladys and i find that i have to get her in fist then get me in when shes in. And do it when its quiat and not meney people on. I spend hours doing it just for 1 race also i think its coz ya frinds i did it with this lad hew wasent my frind and we cept getting in together its a strang game
Old 03-02-2009, 03:26 AM   #449
Elekid

Elekidcore's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Sorry if this has been asked in this thread already, and I have already quick searched the thread to see and came up with nothing, so, I'm FINALLY doing multiplayer in this game, and I'm slowly doing the list for Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic, and both people quit out as I was winning at Mafiya Work. Do I get the win? It says that the game will not count towards my TrueSkill rank. I'm not sure if that means that although I won, it doesn't get counted, or neither.

Any help? Again sorry if this has been asked.
http://www.soundcloud.com/elekid - Hard Dance (US Hard House, Jumpstyle, Tekstyle, Hardstyle, Tech Dance), Schranz, Hardcore (Happy Hardcore, UK Hardcore, Freeform, Gabber, Frenchcore, Speedcore), Breaks, Trance, and Mash Up mixes. Also original US Hard House, Jumpstyle, & Tekstyle tracks and remixes.

Elekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:22 AM   #450
Jamal

Prodigy419's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elekid View Post
Sorry if this has been asked in this thread already, and I have already quick searched the thread to see and came up with nothing, so, I'm FINALLY doing multiplayer in this game, and I'm slowly doing the list for Auf Wiedersehen Petrovic, and both people quit out as I was winning at Mafiya Work. Do I get the win? It says that the game will not count towards my TrueSkill rank. I'm not sure if that means that although I won, it doesn't get counted, or neither.

Any help? Again sorry if this has been asked.

If any players disconnect at any point in time during any match it will not count. You may get the money for it but if you go to the leaderboards you will see that it doesn't show that race or match.