Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Far Cry 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #361
SevDelta

SevDelta's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomscfc View Post
you have to do player match manuals etc. for the soldier of misfortune or just ranked?
Just ranked.
SevDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:54 PM   #362
Tomscfc

SoT o SuReShOt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevDelta View Post
Just ranked.
thanks.. is the multikills amount wrong? because i have 10 but the bar is no were near filled
Old 02-20-2009, 06:59 PM   #363
Cashaddi

Cashaddi's Gamercard
Has there been a patch yet?
Cashaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:05 AM   #364
justinpf

I'm sure this has been asked before but can someone link me to a guide of all the Audio logs? One wasn't given in the Achievement Guide. Thanks.
justinpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:56 PM   #365
Cashaddi

Cashaddi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinpf View Post
I'm sure this has been asked before but can someone link me to a guide of all the Audio logs? One wasn't given in the Achievement Guide. Thanks.
Uhhh yeah click me hard!
Cashaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 06:38 PM   #366
Tomscfc

Can some one update this? The multikills for manuals are wrong...
Old 03-17-2009, 12:18 AM   #367
Double O Slevin

Double O Slevin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I'm not sure if its been posted, but, just to make things clear for some people. Once you go to the South Territory, it is possible to go back to the North Territory and get a few of the achievements.

"Wanderer" 10 - Find all the Safe Houses in Leboa-Sako - the Northern Territory
"Wages of Conflict" 10 - Aquire all conflict diamonds in the game available through payment or exploration

Notice, you CAN go back and get the diamond cases, but if you DID NOT do all of the Cellular Tower missions in the North Territory, then you are boned! I hope this helps anyone that was wondering.

Double O Slevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 01:31 AM   #368
SAD52607

Hey is this game boostable as far as online achievements
SAD52607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #369
Tomscfc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAD52607 View Post
Hey is this game boostable as far as online achievements
yes it is, and is the only way to get all online achievements in under 150 hours is to boost, try the trading thread if you want to boost.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #370
Harry Rasing

Harry Rasing's Gamercard
For the second time I missed the 'Cold Blooded' achievement... I'm sure that I subverted every mission I could! But in the end i still miss 1 buddy mission.

Someone has an idea what I'm doing wrong?
Harry Rasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:41 PM   #371
Darktower

Darkconda's Gamercard
Is there a map with buddies locations???

Thanks to sinsix for the Sig!

Darktower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:01 AM   #372
dangerkickass

Dangerkickas's Gamercard
rad maps an the cell tower missions would of got me sweet guide
Old 04-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #373
IceFrogger1313

IceFrogger1313's Gamercard
Yes, the multi-kill amounts are all incorrect for ranked I can't vouch for any of the others but my friend just got the IED one at 100 multi-kills.
IceFrogger1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:26 AM   #374
ripper677

here's a better diamond location map
http://www.xbox360forum.com/forum/fa...ond-guide.html

complete retail games
fable 2
too human
viva pinata
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Halo 3: ODST
Halo 3

complete arcade
Dash of Destruction
fable 2 pub games

ripper677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:33 AM   #375
ripper677

how many cell towers are there in the north i have 3 is there more?

complete retail games
fable 2
too human
viva pinata
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Halo 3: ODST
Halo 3

complete arcade
Dash of Destruction
fable 2 pub games

ripper677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #376
secrett

LEGDROP OF DOOM's Gamercard
yes it is boostable
secrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:52 PM   #377
True I Skill

The Khaos's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by x THE TORNADO x View Post
I'm not sure if its been posted, but, just to make things clear for some people. Once you go to the South Territory, it is possible to go back to the North Territory and get a few of the achievements.

"Wanderer" 10 - Find all the Safe Houses in Leboa-Sako - the Northern Territory
"Wages of Conflict" 10 - Aquire all conflict diamonds in the game available through payment or exploration

Notice, you CAN go back and get the diamond cases, but if you DID NOT do all of the Cellular Tower missions in the North Territory, then you are boned! I hope this helps anyone that was wondering.
Is Cellular Tower missions in the North Territory the only things i can miss?
Or is there anything else i should also do before leaving to the other place?
Old 05-29-2009, 10:46 AM   #378
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
great guide thx man!

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:06 PM   #379
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Just a couple things that I thought it might be useful to know:

Wages of Conflict 10
If you Have Collected all the diamond Cases, Completed all the tower missions, and are starting the final Subversion mission, under stats for Diamonds found you will have 870 (eight hundred and seventy)

Playing both sides... 20
and
...against the middle 20
Are Part of the Story line and are Unavoidable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkahh View Post
I dont understand the buddy rescue achievement, there are 3 locations for the buddies, bt where are they?
where is the slaughter house and the others?
a bit more detailed explanation would be nice.
The center north Map Contains 4 locations. Lumber, Slaughter house, fresh Fish , and cock fights. 1 of these locations will be the Base for the guy who saves you at the start (this is why there are 4 red diamonds, they represent the Diamond you find in the tutorial, which could be at any one of the 4 locations) The three other locations all Hold a buddy, One you rescue during the tutorial, the other two you have to find on your own. on the Middle north map section in the north just west of the nothern middle most safehouse is a crashed plane with 1 more buddy. I believe the other 2 just show up at mikes.

In the south there are 2 buddies to find 1 in the brewery (bottom middle map in small building to the ne of the area map) and 1 in Sediko (top middle map ne area of the area map - once in the building, you need to get up a ladder that looks like a wooden log) 2 buddies are within the first mission, one on the boat, 1 at the docs, and the last is given to you at the bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4nd4r View Post
Is there no subvert mission for the last one in the north where you kill a faction leader?

My buddies never called me before I got there so I was wondering if I should save and keep playing or not......
There is no Subversion mission for the Faction leader kills.

If you look in stats you should see Buddy missions #/12 this is the number of Subversion missions you have done, and the total number of possible subversion missions (6 in the north, 6 in the south)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletmagnet74 View Post
Quick Q:

A buddy of mine just died at the end of a mission, but I did successfully subvert the mission.
If you subverted the mission successfully (check in stats under buddy missions) then your buddies death doesnt matter at all and wont effect any achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stridstiss View Post
I got one diamond left now, it's the one fairly southwest on the southwest part of the South map, right over the text for W-something Village, it's on a slight hill on a snipertower with a ladder laying on the ground right under. I can't get up there, any ideas?
There is a Hangglider in the Village to the south (marked as a vehicle on your map if you have scouted out vehicles). Make sure to kill everyone off first or they will shoot you down. (also if you miss the landing zone your hanglider can apparently be used as a ramp if you push it into position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
5. You can only do underground missions when you are close to running out of pills....you only get close to running out of pills when you do story related missions....so if you wanna get diamonds, tapes and other things not related to story dont worry....malaria wont bother you!!

This isn't true. I've been wandering around getting diamonds and just normal fighting and Malaria has been coming over me at random times.
As far as I know, your pill container CANT empty (though it is empty if you successfully flee the town at the start of the game), though I did the underground missions as soon as I could just incase, so maybe it does. hoever It will never become empty if you dont do main missions, I know that much for a fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Rasing View Post
For the second time I missed the 'Cold Blooded' achievement... I'm sure that I subverted every mission I could! But in the end i still miss 1 buddy mission.

Someone has an idea what I'm doing wrong?
There are 6 to subvert in the south, 3 for each faction 5 of them involve getting a phone call after leaving the factions headquarters, the last one (the blowing up the pipeline mission) Involves getting a phone call After you pick up the dynomite. If your getting all those calls, maybe your not following the instructions your given properly...

If I had to guess I would say your problem would be the Destroy the radio station Subversion mission. There is a box in the way so you cant threaten the DJ and shooting the box to get rid of it just causes him to attack (and you buddy will call you and say they are going dark - IE you fail) I had to jump over the table and approach him from the other side to get the threaten to work.

That or its a glitch... check your stats, if you have 12/12 Buddy missions then you should have the achievement.

Last edited by SpinelesS; 05-30-2009 at 06:18 PM. Reason: typo
SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:23 PM   #380
pneboy

having trouble getting to find a safe house in shwasana, its the one below another safehouse with a diamond above it
pneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:30 AM   #381
Darkalon Roxx

Does difficulty count for the achievements? Can all be done at easy??
Darkalon Roxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 05:50 AM   #382
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkalon Roxx View Post
Does difficulty count for the achievements? Can all be done at easy??
Difficulty doesnt count, you can play the whole game on easy and get all the single player achievements, although when finishing a subversion mission and going to protect your buddy on easy your buddy is less likely to become wounded enough to give you the heal or mercy kill achievements.

SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:37 PM   #383
Darkalon Roxx

Thank you for the rapid answer!!
Darkalon Roxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:48 AM   #384
Sephiroth X21

Sephiroth X21's Gamercard
I'm on the last mission in the North just before going to the lumber camp to meet the guy who tells you about the bar/church mission. I have 5 out of the 6 buddies and have gotten the one at the plane crash. I have no save before this mission. The slaughter house is the only place that I haven't rescued a buddy from but when I went there during this mission, the door was locked but there was no one inside when I opened it. Is it still possible for me to save this last guy, seen as this main mission runs all the way through to the south area without a break?
Sephiroth X21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 11:41 AM   #385
AntraXxX NL

AntraXxX NL's Gamercard
Hey,

Can someone please tell me where i can find the Crashed Plane?

I have some other questions, hope that someone can answer those aswell .

North Territory

Buddy 1. Story Related
Buddy 2. Mission 2 (Lumber Yard/Cock Fights/ Slaughter House)
Buddy 3. Mission 8 UFFL Main Mission.
Buddy 4. Lumber Yard/Cock Fights/ Slaughter House
Buddy 5. Lumber Yard/Cock Fights/ Slaughter House
Buddy 6. Near the Crashed Plane at the top of the North Territory.

Q1: So i will find the first 3 buddies by just doing the main missions, and Buddy 6 at the crashed plane. For Buddy 4 and 5 i have to go to for example Lumber Yard and then i will find there a lot of enemies who i have to kill, and then i can rescue that buddy?

Q2: And when you have al those buddies at Mike's Bar, you can do side missions (or is it called Buddy Missions?) for them. But do you get a achievement for this of not?

Because at the guide i find this:
Some Extra Tips that might help.

1. Buddies go missing for no reason(story related)

2. Buddies can all live and all die it doesn't matter for the achievements as long as you once during the game find all of them, and of course subvert 12 missions 6 south 6 north

Q3: So it says i have to subvert 12 missions in total, but i do have to subvert al the main missions for the "Ruthless" and "Cold Blooded" achievement isn't it?

Q4: At the Statistics i can also find Buddy Missions: #/12 Does this means i have to go my best buddy @ Mike's Bar and do 6 missions for her in the North and 6 in the South? Or has this anything to do with subverting main missions, where in fact i complete missions aswell for my best buddy.

Q5: So the only things i need to be aware of before going to the South area is that i 1) Save all buddy's 2) Do al the Cellular tower missions and 3) Hit all weapon convoys?

So i can find the Save Houses, Audio Logs and Diamonds from the North when i am in the South?

Sorry for the many questions, but i hope that someone can help me please. I'm also sorry for my English.
AntraXxX NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 06:45 PM   #386
Ingles

Send a message via MSN to Ingles

JIng1es's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntraXxX NL View Post
Hey,

Can someone please tell me where i can find the Crashed Plane?

I have some other questions, hope that someone can answer those aswell .

North Territory

Buddy 1. Story Related
Buddy 2. Mission 2 (Lumber Yard/Cock Fights/ Slaughter House)
Buddy 3. Mission 8 UFFL Main Mission.
Buddy 4. Lumber Yard/Cock Fights/ Slaughter House
Buddy 5. Lumber Yard/Cock Fights/ Slaughter House
Buddy 6. Near the Crashed Plane at the top of the North Territory.

Q1: So i will find the first 3 buddies by just doing the main missions, and Buddy 6 at the crashed plane. For Buddy 4 and 5 i have to go to for example Lumber Yard and then i will find there a lot of enemies who i have to kill, and then i can rescue that buddy?

Q2: And when you have al those buddies at Mike's Bar, you can do side missions (or is it called Buddy Missions?) for them. But do you get a achievement for this of not?

Because at the guide i find this:
Some Extra Tips that might help.

1. Buddies go missing for no reason(story related)

2. Buddies can all live and all die it doesn't matter for the achievements as long as you once during the game find all of them, and of course subvert 12 missions 6 south 6 north

Q3: So it says i have to subvert 12 missions in total, but i do have to subvert al the main missions for the "Ruthless" and "Cold Blooded" achievement isn't it?

Q4: At the Statistics i can also find Buddy Missions: #/12 Does this means i have to go my best buddy @ Mike's Bar and do 6 missions for her in the North and 6 in the South? Or has this anything to do with subverting main missions, where in fact i complete missions aswell for my best buddy.

Q5: So the only things i need to be aware of before going to the South area is that i 1) Save all buddy's 2) Do al the Cellular tower missions and 3) Hit all weapon convoys?

So i can find the Save Houses, Audio Logs and Diamonds from the North when i am in the South?

Sorry for the many questions, but i hope that someone can help me please. I'm also sorry for my English.
I can help answer your first question. It really depends on the character you pick when you first start the game as to which buddy's you'll find throughout the missions and also those needing your help. To find the one located near the plane crash, look at the map below.

I hope that helps. I stumbled across her by accident while diamond hunting. She is near a campfire wounded. She'll tell you to get a first-aid kit from her backpack (one is located near her backpack). Once you've healed her, she'll say that you can find her at the clinic. Hope this helps.

I wish I could help more but I just recently started going back and playing the game myself. The additions to this guide need to be added to the main site and get things updated. The one currently on there isn't very helpful.

Edit:

Pulitzer material 20
Turn over all of the Jackal's audio logs to the Journalist

It might be helpful to note that there are actually 9 tapes in the North, one is automatically given to you. The numbering is a bit off and can mislead a few people causing confusion. This should be added to the guide for future reference.

North
1 00. Infamy
2 01. Smuggling
3 02. Circulation
4 03. Economics
5 04. Home
6 05. Rat-Catcher
7 06. Career Counseling
8 07. Stability
9 08. The Humanist

South
10 09. Stealing Boots
11 10. Gluten-Free
12 11. Necessary Evil
13 12. Lion's Share
14 13. Unrecognizable
15 14. Gutshot
16 15. No Sense
17 16. Numbers

Due to a patch that was released for the Save glitch in Far Cry 2, it causes the Jackal Tapes to not appear in the menu after you've collected Stealing Boots. Once you've collected all tapes in the North and then travel South, the only tape you will hear is 09. Stealing Boots. If you check under the Jackal Tapes section of the menu, you won't see any tapes past this point. Not to worry though! The game still keeps track of all the tapes you've collected. Make sure you mark the tapes off in the South as you collect them. Once you're sure you've collected all the tapes, either head to the Marina bar in the South or back to Mike's bar in the North. The journalist will be waiting for you at either location.

Last edited by Ingles; 06-26-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Ingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:50 PM   #387
HamsterLV

HamsterLV's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth X21 View Post
I'm on the last mission in the North just before going to the lumber camp to meet the guy who tells you about the bar/church mission. I have 5 out of the 6 buddies and have gotten the one at the plane crash. I have no save before this mission. The slaughter house is the only place that I haven't rescued a buddy from but when I went there during this mission, the door was locked but there was no one inside when I opened it. Is it still possible for me to save this last guy, seen as this main mission runs all the way through to the south area without a break?
I don't think so! I think you can not add buddies AFTER you start this mission!

1000+ points (42 games)

AVERAGE POINTS PER GAME - 1050+

Want to boost
= COD 3
HamsterLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:08 AM   #388
middleeastbe4st

Great guide, very helpful information
middleeastbe4st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:45 PM   #389
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceFrogger1313 View Post
Yes, the multi-kill amounts are all incorrect for ranked I can't vouch for any of the others but my friend just got the IED one at 100 multi-kills.
This was a list i was given i never got round to get this achievement post me a pm for which ones are wrong and ill change it.

the_b1ues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:35 PM   #390
TentacleMayor

A question to experienced achievement hunters... I want to get all the points from Far Cry 2 and realise it could take a long time... considering how many players are on multiplayer, is it going to be particularly hard finding people to play with and to get the achievements?