Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #1
highpass

highpass's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
FAQs

This is a new feature on the forums. The staff are going around tidying the clutter and making sure x360a is the one stop shop for all your 360 needs.

The FAQ threads are where we need your help! What do you think are the most commonly asked questions about this game? Which threads keep popping up? What things do you wish you had been told when you first got this game?

Post in this thread and we'll edit the top post.

Thanks for your help.

General
  1. Kills in Annex do not count towards weapon-related achievements or Seriously.
  2. You can join someone in co-op who has Insane Mode unlocked and get all three levels of the story mode achievements, as well as the Dom achievements at the same time. You can also collect the COG tags this way.

Weapon Achievements
  1. Cluster Luck can be attained in both single or multiplayer gametypes.
  2. I Spy with My Little Eye (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches with the Longshot) "Sniper Kills" & The Money Shot (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches with a headshot) "Headshots" can be done at the same time using the Longshot, there is no need to down first to see the Longshot icon
  3. Capital Punishment (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches with an execution) "Executions" can be done easiest by downing the opponent (by shooting or melee) with any weapon and then pressing the B button to melee
  4. Pistolero (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches with a pistol) "Pistol kills" you will need to be away from your opponent for this to count as a "Pistol kill" or else it will be an Execution if you are too close
  5. Is It a Spider (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches with grenade tag) "F(r)ag tags" only count once for each time you tag an opponent, even if you get multiple kills with the same grenade
  6. Torque Bow/Hammer of Dawn/Boomshot kills count as multiple kills in ranked matches with the same arrow/burst/shell

New DLC
  1. Hidden Fronts and Annex Achievements can be attained in any multiplayer type (Player, Ranked, Local, etc).

Contributors: Smokez, The Pants Party, SteelerXBox360, aswipe21.

Last edited by highpass; 06-18-2007 at 08:24 AM.
highpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:49 PM   #2
Dstrukt

xI Dstrukt Ix's Gamercard
Either you're lying or your friend is. Taken directly from gearsofwar.com:

How does Annex affect gaining achievements?
Due to the addition of infinite respawns, any kills in Annex won’t count towards kill-based achievements like “Seriously…” and “The Nuge.” Since Annex is a new additional gametype, you will not need to play Annex to be granted “Mix It Up.” The basic multiplayer achievements like “Always Remember Your First” are still achievable in Annex.

So no, it neither counts toward weapon achievements nor "Seriously..."

Dstrukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:45 AM   #3
o0PTIMUS PRIMEo

oWHITE WID0Wo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstrukt View Post

Due to the addition of infinite respawns, any kills in Annex won’t count towards kill-based achievements like “Seriously…” and “The Nuge.” Since Annex is a new additional gametype, you will not need to play Annex to be granted “Mix It Up.” The basic multiplayer achievements like “Always Remember Your First” are still achievable in Annex.

which sucks cause i have a hit load of stuff in annex.. even though i got all of the achievements before annex even came out i think it is gay cause a lot of my friends jound XBL after the update

1000+ (5)

Will boost
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3
Gears of War 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops (zombies)

Message me on here or XBL
o0PTIMUS PRIMEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:48 AM   #4
SynysterChris

Send a message via MSN to SynysterChris

SynysterChris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So if and opponent is down when u kill them with a weapon like pistol, longshot, boomshot, and torqbow they count towards the weapon achievements? just curious.
SynysterChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:50 AM   #5
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynysterChris View Post
So if and opponent is down when u kill them with a weapon like pistol, longshot, boomshot, and torqbow they count towards the weapon achievements? just curious.
Yes, as long as they don't leave before the match is over. Note: Distinct difference between match and round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynysterChris View Post
alright thanks alot i also have one more question can these weapon achievements and others be obtained while hosting? i heard that you cant get them as host.
You can get the achievment while hosting. Same criteria as before, must stay till the end of the match.

Last edited by Shinobi273; 01-08-2008 at 12:57 AM.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:53 AM   #6
SynysterChris

Send a message via MSN to SynysterChris

SynysterChris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
Yes, as long as they don't leave before the match is over. Note: Distinct difference between match and round.
alright thanks alot i also have one more question can these weapon achievements and others be obtained while hosting? i heard that you cant get them as host.
SynysterChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:13 AM   #7
kiwi18
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to kiwi18 Send a message via MSN to kiwi18

kiwi18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm confused. let's say I get 10 hammer kills when there are 8 people in the game. but then 2 leave. will those kills still count. same thing with annex, if you get 3 caps when there r 8 people in the game, will those count if two of them quit?
kiwi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:12 PM   #8
gskillz99

gskillz99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
okay i know that this might sound noobish but i serioulsy want to know. what do you do in an achievement match in gears of war. just recently i entered a 1 round 1 min match at rooftops. they told me it was an achievement match and they started it. i just stood there confused not knowing what to do so i just went and killed them all. at the ened of the round they were all mad at me but i didn't know what i did.
gskillz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:07 PM   #9
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gskillz99 View Post
okay i know that this might sound noobish but i serioulsy want to know. what do you do in an achievement match in gears of war. just recently i entered a 1 round 1 min match at rooftops. they told me it was an achievement match and they started it. i just stood there confused not knowing what to do so i just went and killed them all. at the ened of the round they were all mad at me but i didn't know what i did.
Wow, you're an ass hole. Sorry, but what you did was pretty fucked up. First rule is do not kill the last guy! Second would be to wait your turn. I'm going to assume they all had mics, you have to talk to them and ask who is going first, second, third... On rooftops, proceed directly to the center of the map, stopping before climbing up to the torque bow. If it is your turn for kills, climb up and look for the other team. Let one of them pass you to kill your teammates and kill his teammates. If it isn't your turn, just hang out and let the enemy kill you. Tag the last guy that killed your teammates with a smoke grenade if you can. It's amusing to do when you first start out boosting.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:21 AM   #10
gskillz99

gskillz99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
Wow, you're an ass hole. Sorry, but what you did was pretty fucked up. First rule is do not kill the last guy! Second would be to wait your turn. I'm going to assume they all had mics, you have to talk to them and ask who is going first, second, third... On rooftops, proceed directly to the center of the map, stopping before climbing up to the torque bow. If it is your turn for kills, climb up and look for the other team. Let one of them pass you to kill your teammates and kill his teammates. If it isn't your turn, just hang out and let the enemy kill you. Tag the last guy that killed your teammates with a smoke grenade if you can. It's amusing to do when you first start out boosting.
yeah i guess that was really messed up but at least i know what to do the next time i join an achievment match
gskillz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:24 AM   #11
True Mister Six

True Mister Six's Gamercard
Can someone give me some definitive clarity on the effects of early quitters on my kill acheivements.

Its probably just me being an utter idiot but I'm not sure I'm getting it!

I'm forever having people quit early in the ranked matches I attend and I'm never sure what effect its having!

For example - I was told that kills don't count if the players present drops below 6. Is this true? And if so, is it 6 remaining players of any combination or do they have to be 3 each team?

It seems to imply above that the kill won't count if the specific player you got the kill on leaves.
True Mister Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:15 PM   #12
xLUNCHTREYx

I LUNCHTREY I's Gamercard
This Is Annex

so for the achievement THIS IS ANNEX it is possible to only do 3 rounds? in the guide it says to make it 4 rounds? it does say 3+ so im assuming it means 3 or more rounds right?
xLUNCHTREYx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:31 AM   #13
Wouter666

Ron Jeremy R6's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLUNCHTREYx View Post
so for the achievement THIS IS ANNEX it is possible to only do 3 rounds? in the guide it says to make it 4 rounds? it does say 3+ so im assuming it means 3 or more rounds right?
3 Rounds is enough, did that too.
Wouter666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:26 PM   #14
kiwi18
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to kiwi18 Send a message via MSN to kiwi18

kiwi18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
yep 3 + is fine
kiwi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:26 AM   #15
dogboy12

greenpixel's Gamercard
I was palying annex all day trying to get the weapon achievements...no wonder why! lol
Old 03-06-2008, 11:05 AM   #16
Hapynoodleboy

Hapynoodleboy's Gamercard
If the host quits in an annex match, do the completed rounds still go towards "Inconceivable!" and/or "NuB Pwn3r"? For instance, I was just in a ranked annex match and won the first round by 3 points. Then, in the next round, after my team took a point, the host left. Does the first round disappear?

Sorry if this question is obvious or has been answered... I'm new
Hapynoodleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:06 AM   #17
buck wyyld

buck wyyld's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamerscore League Season 6 Winner
This question might sound fubar, but I've searched all other GOW forums and no one talks about the possibility of getting achievements for the PC version if you already have achievements on the 360 version. Can you?
Old 04-26-2008, 08:08 PM   #18
Marx0r

Send a message via MSN to Marx0r

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Donator - Level 3   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tournament - Final 4   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck wyyld View Post
This question might sound fubar, but I've searched all other GOW forums and no one talks about the possibility of getting achievements for the PC version if you already have achievements on the 360 version. Can you?
The 360 and the PC game are completely separate lists. Achievement-wise, the two are completely different games.

And the future is certain, give us time to work it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the b1ues View Post
Your an idiot
Marx0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #19
chiefgonebad

Send a message via MSN to chiefgonebad

GENETIC VIRUS12's Gamercard

Awards Showcase SOTF Winner
ok i need clarification cause ive heard multiple rumors of quitters. if someone quits do all kills after they quit dont count?if someone quits do none of those kills count?or as long as theres 6 players they the kills still count?
chiefgonebad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:33 AM   #20
Joco92

Johncko's Gamercard
from what i gather if the guy that you killed quits the kills on that guy dont count but i dont know about 6 players
Joco92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #21
hiding zebra

Can i just post a question here.
Does hosting a RANKED ANEX count towards "a series of tubes"???
hiding zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:59 PM   #22
kakuzu745

Kakuzu745's Gamercard
Towards the weapons achievment do they count only warzone/ execution, or is it warzone + execution + assasintation?
kakuzu745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:49 PM   #23
sIR 5HaNx A10t

sIR 5HaNx A10t's Gamercard
Hey can someone please clarify this: If I go into Annex in local with 2 activated controllers will I be able to get the Nub pwner and Inconsievable achievements?
sIR 5HaNx A10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 07:44 PM   #24
KingGotenW

Send a message via AIM to KingGotenW

King Goten W's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sIR 5HaNx A10t View Post
Hey can someone please clarify this: If I go into Annex in local with 2 activated controllers will I be able to get the Nub pwner and Inconsievable achievements?
Yes. You can also receive This Is Annex through this method.

98% Of people under 25 surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Wings 11-10-11

KingGotenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:56 PM   #25
Pheonix_Assassin
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to Pheonix_Assassin

Phe0nixAssass1n's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Thanks for this guide it cleared up my Sniper problem so yep great post
Pheonix_Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:01 PM   #26
Purge

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstrukt View Post

Ah bollucks. I play annex non-stop.
It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?

Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:30 PM   #27
NemyDK

NemyDK's Gamercard
I've not started to achieve-hunt in this game yet, before i do, how many do you have to be in the lobby to start a ranked match?
NemyDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:15 AM   #28
Asian47

Asian x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   2,500 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   GSL 9 MVP   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemyDK View Post
I've not started to achieve-hunt in this game yet, before i do, how many do you have to be in the lobby to start a ranked match?
You need at least 6 people in a room, so you'll have to find another 5 people.

Asian47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:13 PM   #29
rad fad

rad fad's Gamercard
This is probably a dumb question but is there a way to invite friends to a game?

Bioshock 2 // Condemned 2 // Fable III // Gears of War (1,2,3) // GRAW 2 // any Guitar Hero // Quantum of Solace // Rainbow Six Vegas // Saints Row // TMNT 1989 // Turok
rad fad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:22 PM   #30
big red marino

big red marino's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
CO-OP question. I played the game locally with a friend before I had live and cared about achievements. We completed the game on casual and hardcore. So now he picked up the game for like $12 and we were going to do INSANE - live co-op. So I am wondering does he has to play through the game on casual first or is it like GEARS 2 where you can choose any difficulty. And since I want the DOM achievements will he be able to host an insane game? Thanks for your answers.
big red marino is offline   Reply With Quote