PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Card and Board > Trivial Pursuit
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-11-2009, 11:20 PM   #1
SOG Random

ch4rlie b0y's Gamercard
Note on Pursuit of Perfection Achievement

If you are struggling to get this achievement in clear the board it is possible to make things easier as the game autosaves AFTER you answer a question and the questions seem to be in a fixed order for the category once the game has started.

If you come to a question you dont know the answer to you can quickly quit to the dashboard, look up the answer and then start the game again and the next question you get in that category will be the same one you struggled over.

I did this several times and got the Acheivement

UPDATE: Objective Master and Maxed Out Achievements

I am afraid to get these you will need to clear the board perfectly and answer all the questions, your other achievements for CTB should unlock along the way.

The Secret Achievements

Better luck next time
Be the first person to lose all their lives in the end game phase (F&F)

You don't know everything
Get a question wrong (Classic)

Last edited by SOG Random; 03-12-2009 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Adding information
SOG Random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:46 PM   #2
Vivi

BlackMageV1V1's Gamercard
I take it you cannot pause then?

:/
Old 03-11-2009, 11:57 PM   #3
SOG Random

ch4rlie b0y's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
I take it you cannot pause then?

:/
No there is a set time limit probably in order to prevent people pausing and looking things up
Old 03-12-2009, 12:34 AM   #4
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Thank you very much for clearing up the pause situation.I really wanted to know if it would be possible before buying this on Friday and I now have the answer.Nice tip too mate.Thank you.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:36 AM   #5
Ptbull2020

SHAD0W III's Gamercard
instead of going to the dashboard its easier to just unplug your battery pack look up the answer and turn your controller back on. thats what i've been doing and it keeps your multipliers going.

Ptbull2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:03 AM   #6
S1lent B Deadly

s1lent b deadly's Gamercard
If you know someone at gamestop they have "video game questions" DLC codes available for those who preordered (no one) and should give you one unless they're jerks.

These questions are simple and I'm at 890 in 2 hours playtime. Maybe the Game Questions DLC will show up on marketplace but I guarantee these redemption codes will gather dust until thrown out or put on ebay by whatever sales associate notices them.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:20 AM   #7
Vivi

Itll pause if you take out your battery pack? lol. Thats great news. Works just as well as pausing it.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #8
Schloob

Can someone else confirm the fact about the battery pack and if having a wired controller, say take the plug out would work as well? If so great news indeed Because unfortunatly my battery pack does not stay clipped in so I have it actually taped to the controller so doing it tthat way is not really possible but would use my wired controller then. Thx
Old 03-12-2009, 06:24 PM   #9
PalmettoPanda

omegaragesc's Gamercard
I'm pretty sure that if you turn autosave off, answer all the questions in a full game (meaning that you answer all the colored tile questions before answering the wedge questions) that you can turn your system off after the game, reboot, turn the autosave off again and answer the same block of questions.
PalmettoPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:46 PM   #10
Vivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoPanda View Post
I'm pretty sure that if you turn autosave off, answer all the questions in a full game (meaning that you answer all the colored tile questions before answering the wedge questions) that you can turn your system off after the game, reboot, turn the autosave off again and answer the same block of questions.
the battery pack thing would be quicker if its possible.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #11
PalmettoPanda

omegaragesc's Gamercard
True enough, but it might be hard to look up multiple pictures and/or map locations online. If you try it the way I listed above there will be no chance of getting any wrong. Doing it this way takes an hour max, even if you miss a few questions on purpose when you go to answer the wedge questions. I actually recommend doing that so that you don't get surprised on the "Final Question" and have to start over.
PalmettoPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #12
tjhuss

rileymartin WTD's Gamercard
If you have it, the video game dlc is fairly simple. I memorized it in about 6-7 rounds and questions start repeating. If you manage the board you can get the 10x on all wedges and the 100% in the same round on single player. I got the 20 objectives cleared this way also.
tjhuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 03:54 PM   #13
Tieg

Tieg's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoPanda View Post
True enough, but it might be hard to look up multiple pictures and/or map locations online. If you try it the way I listed above there will be no chance of getting any wrong. Doing it this way takes an hour max, even if you miss a few questions on purpose when you go to answer the wedge questions. I actually recommend doing that so that you don't get surprised on the "Final Question" and have to start over.
Also, if you didn't get the downloadable video game pack but downloaded the free movie pack that doesn't have pictures. I utilized that to get all my F&F stuff by removing the battery pack...and going to google or imdb website. Good luck and Have fun!!!
FRIENDSHIP: A smile. A hug. A touch. A tender thought. Friends are for holding your hand, for sharing your laughter and for wiping away your tears. We all need friends. Even when we're trying to take over the universe. Only then they're just pond-life, to be used for their military knowledge and diplomatic skills, then spat out and urinated on from a great height. Proving their worth as mere stepping stones on the road to your goal as the ultimate leader. That's what friends are for.
Tieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:17 PM   #14
ThirdeYe

Derek1337's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamerscore League Season 6 Winner   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Okay, I did everything according to the guide and this thread, and got my "Maxed Out" and "Knowledge is Invaluable" achievements, and got every single question right, including the final question, and I'm still at only 19/20 Objectives. It's saying I didn't complete it without getting a question wrong, when I did... Argh, stupid game! Anyone have a problem with this?

ThirdeYe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:35 PM   #15
illum1na

Illum1na's Gamercard
Is there any way someone in Europe would be able to get the Video Game DLC? No Gamestops here in Holland
illum1na is offline   Reply With Quote