PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Card and Board > Culdcept Saga
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-19-2009, 04:42 AM   #1
Munsie

Send a message via AIM to Munsie Send a message via MSN to Munsie

MUNSIE's Gamercard
Roadmap for achievements?

I'm not talking about an official x360a achievement guide road map etc etc, just looking for somebody who could give me a quick run down on the most efficient way to do all these. I've just finished the story mode and recently got my 500 cards achievement so my collection isn't all that vast. Currently running an aggressive blue/yellow deck where the main strategy is basically make one creature really big, throw on an enchant, control their movement til they hit it. Repeat.

Where do I go from here? Start knocking off avatar parts? Grind games to get cards? And more specifically how exactly do you grind for cards? If I've got all the ogres (which I do) should I start going for stuff like that right away?

Thanks a bunch.

edit: Btw, I'm not the only one who thinks this is a mix between MTG and Monopoly, right?

Last edited by Munsie; 02-19-2009 at 04:48 AM.
Munsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
Keytta

Send a message via MSN to Keytta

Keytta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
To answer your last question, the best name for this game is Magicopoly.

Back to the other...

Grind the matches in player games online to get all the cards and several achievements. Just find someone to play matches with, I have a boosting thread in here telling how to do it quickly.

What will take you the longest is the Avatar Parts. Once you complete the game the count resets for defeating story characters, so you will now have to repeat some. I am currently writing the official road map, but here it is in general:

1. Boost all MP
2. Play story line BUT DO NOT COMPLETE
3. Complete side achievements
4. Complete tasks to get Avatar Parts
5. Complete the story line
6. Replay the three levels to meet the other 3 people

Hope this helps

Last edited by Keytta; 02-22-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Keytta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:53 PM   #3
Munsie

MUNSIE's Gamercard
I already finished the story and replayed to get my avatar parts. I'm waiting for a friend from school to get the game so I can start boosting. I've knocked off a bunch of the more difficult avatar parts too.. Most of the deck specific ones (all x creature, x colour, no this, no that, etc). Doing x rarity right now. =3

Since I've already started in the wrong order I suppose my best bet here would be to ask for some semi-specific avatar part help.

-> Kill a dragon with a powder eater.. Which AI runs dragons? I have the equipment required to make one strong enough but I've only bumped into one enemy dragon so far... And then he went bankrupt and sold it. =3
-> Map full of powders.. Smaller the better I would guess, which level is the easiest for this one? Also do they still leave a copy behind if you move them with levitate/chariot?
-> 2v2 with ally paying no tolls.. Can this be done via 10 round blitz and just pray the AI is smart enough to not step on things? Actually I could probably haste/holy 8 them along just as easily?
And finally -> 3v1.. Is there a trick? Specific map shenanigans?

Last edited by Munsie; 02-21-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:20 PM   #4
deathchant

T0rtureTactics's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keytta View Post
To answer your last question, the best name for this game is Magicopoly.

Back to the other...

Grind the matches in player games online to get all the cards and several achievements. Just find someone to play matches with, I have a boosting thread in here telling how to do it quickly.

What will take you the longest is the Avatar Parts. Once you complete the game the parts reset, so you will now have to repeat some. I am currently writing the official road map, but here it is in general:

1. Boost all MP

Hope this helps

why would you advise people to not complete the story line? the avatar parts do not reset.

deathchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #5
Munsie

MUNSIE's Gamercard
I'm pretty sure I unlocked the same helmet twice. o_o

edit: I'm probably just crazy. Although from what I read if you recomplete the last story mode level it resets your "defeat x story mode characters" count.

Last edited by Munsie; 02-21-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:05 AM   #6
Keytta

Send a message via MSN to Keytta

Keytta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
That is what I have read and why i have not played the rest of the story line. If is not true than we are out nothing, but I would not want to test it and start the count over.

DEATHCHANT - I have clarified this part above, I humbly apologize for not being specific enough.

Last edited by Keytta; 04-28-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Keytta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:36 PM   #7
Rengrave

Rengrave's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munsie View Post
Also do [Powder Eaters] still leave a copy behind if you move them with levitate/chariot?
I can confirm that effects that move the Powder Eater like Telekinesis and Chariot do not duplicate it. It only copies itself when it moves, not when it is moved. I can also confirm that putting Spirit Walk on a Powder Eater works great for populating the map quickly. The spell effect doesn't stick to the new puffball, but if you use it to place a new puff right in front of you, you can get back-to-back puffball replication turns.

-Ren
Rengrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:35 AM   #8
Jimm

Archer x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keytta View Post
What will take you the longest is the Avatar Parts. Once you complete the game the count resets for defeating story characters, so you will now have to repeat some. I am currently writing the official road map, but here it is in general:

1. Boost all MP

Hope this helps
I'm in the process of 100% confirming a couple things, but from my understanding of what I and my friends have seen.. completing the game does NOT reset the win count as long as you don't start an entire new game.
My friend completed the game and unlocked his Battle Axe after a couple more games.

You can play against the other 3 people before completing the game:
Goligan: In story mode replay the past stage "Santana Village"
Zajaran: In story mode replay the past stage "Dinar Mountains"
Zenith: In story mode replay the past stage "Grave Canyon"
I've yet to confirm when doing it this way unlocks Fated Traveler, but will update this once I find out.

Anyway, as such.. that updates the road map to something like this:
1. Boost all MP
2. Play story line
3. Replay the three levels to meet the other 3 people
4. Complete side achievements
5. Complete tasks to get Avatar Parts
6. Complete the story line

Of course that's more of a checklist with what I've updated as all of it can be done in 'any' order.
Jimm is offline   Reply With Quote