PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-07-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
th3warr1or

Exclamation Tips on how to beat Deadpool on HARD

After spending about 1hour attempting to find Deadpool's weak spot(he has none apparently btw), I found a method to take down his health by a guaranteed 1cm(if you're on a 30inch TV).

This what you do, Hold (Y) and Charge up the uppercut and dash towards him. Upon reaching him immediately release (Y). This will send BOTH you and him into the air. The moment you have reached the peak of your jump, just before both of you fall to the ground again, SPAM (X) 5 times. This will cause you to do a flurry of Slash attacks while suspending you[and him] in mid air as long as you continue to hit.

You do not want to hit (X) more than 6times or press Y after this because this will cause you to do an Axe Kick finisher(Which will send him flying away, and hence increasing his chance of blasting the ground from beneath you.

After pressing (X) 5 times, immediately press (B) and Wolverine will do a grab deadpool and do a slam into the ground. This makes him 'unconscious' for about 1second, which is enough to do ANOTHER charging uppercut and repeating the 5(X) and 1(B) attacks.

NOTE: If he happens to get up after doing the (B) attack, just unleash a weak uppercut on him which will simply send him flying up(you'll still be on the ground). This allows you to charge up a second uppercut before he has time to land.

Hope this helps you in beating that jackass.
th3warr1or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
shatulance

shatulance's Gamercard
you are a saint man!!! this worked a treat,couldnt use this technique all the way through but just enough to keep the fight going.
also note that dashing rather than jumping or rolling works better when he's destroying sections.
finished him first try after reading this.
lol.for some reason it said id unlocked hard difficulty after as well!! i only been playing on that difficulty for 3 days

Last edited by shatulance; 05-07-2009 at 02:05 PM.
shatulance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:45 PM   #3
cleric_80

arkhamsfinest80's Gamercard
gonna have to try this out later today.

last night I'd manage to land a lunge then just keep hitting Y over & over doing the jump impale move over & over... took forever since it's in slo-mo but this seems to be FAR more efficient.
cleric_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:50 PM   #4
th3warr1or

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatulance View Post
you are a saint man!!! this worked a treat,couldnt use this technique all the way through but just enough to keep the fight going.
also note that dashing rather than jumping or rolling works better when he's destroying sections.
finished him first try after reading this.
lol.for some reason it said id unlocked hard difficulty after as well!! i only been playing on that difficulty for 3 days
Just glad that it helped you :-)
th3warr1or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:44 PM   #5
MizzouAWOL

MizzouAWOL's Gamercard
He's not really all that difficult, just have to be patient and learn how to play him. Stay in tight on him. Any time he ports away make sure you take the shortest path back to him and leap at him ASAP. Keep him pinned, use counters, and don't throw him off the edge (the worst thing to do in this fight is toss him off the edge). The time I beat him he only blasted away at the wall twice because I kept on his ass the entire time. That fight was easy because of it. I would also add use your berserk + claw drill. That eats up large chunks in a hurry with the damage multipliers maxed in Skills especially.

Last edited by MizzouAWOL; 05-07-2009 at 06:46 PM.
MizzouAWOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #6
NJC Omega

Send a message via MSN to NJC Omega

NJC Omega's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sounds like a great technique especially when so many people have been having trouble finishing this game! Thanks man!

Check out my Gamerscore blog here with Daily Updates

NJC Omega Blog
NJC Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #7
xxMaceXxx

xxxx M4CE xxxx's Gamercard
man this dude is a real badass ... i'm trying ur technique but if he manage do stand um after the air grab, he keeps teleporting everytime i get clos and he keeps fireing his damn beam i can't evade ... DAMN U DEADPOOOOOOOOOL
xxMaceXxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #8
Apple

Deez Apples's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - Runner Up   Submit - Gold   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I honestly thought he was going to be tougher than he was, but I ended up lunging at him over and over until he started teleporting, then I just countered until I could lunge again. That's all it took.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:20 AM   #9
TheVinster

TheVinster's Gamercard
Stand near Deadpool obviously. From here either...

-Lunge at him if he's at medium-range. Keep pressing "Y" to attack him on the ground until he teleports away.
-Keep letting go of the block, and then re-blocking. Basically, keep trying to "Counter" him. Once the screen begins to slow down, hit "Y". You will be forced to tap "X", and then do some pretty good damage. Keep mashing "Y" and if he landed correctly, you'll continue to pounce on his face until he teleports away.

Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Edit: Just a suggestion to try if you are having trouble with the TC's suggestion. But I'm sure what I said is how most people go about fighting Deadpool anyway.
TheVinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:37 AM   #10
Celestial Being

C3L3STIAL B3ING's Gamercard
Ok it took me 2 tries to beat him on Hard. the first time i died cuz he beamed me while i was trying to jump over a gap he created. but my method was the following.

I just stayed as close as possible as i could to Deadpool and i just kept hitting me with (X) whenever he started attacking me i would block and counter his attack. after the whole little pressing (X) sequence was over i used my rage and did the XSpin attack.

i just kept doing that over and over.

now i have 1000 on this game!

Celestial Being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:33 AM   #11
Incubus21212

Incubus21212's Gamercard
Thank you so much for posting this tip. I wouldn't have been smart enough to figure it. I finally beat him on the third try(i fell off when he started with the lasers). I have a 1000 now with your help, and of course the collection guide on this site!!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 05:35 AM   #12
Norman Coxwell

Monkalrus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
So all I have to do to kill Ryan Reynolds is hold y? That can be done.
Norman Coxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #13
bsorensen2

bsorensen2's Gamercard
uppercut method worked like a charm, thanks for the advice

1000's
8 of em

working on
Gears 2, NFS Undercover, Fable 2 and Left 4 dead
bsorensen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #14
Crowleyman

Crowleyman 013's Gamercard
I'll give these a go, definitely. I've died twice now fighting that bastard, both times because I couldn't lunge fast enough (or his path was "blocked"), and he blew the damn wall out from under me. FRUSTRATING!!!

Don't think of yourself as an ugly person - think of yourself as a beautiful monkey.
Crowleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:20 AM   #15
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
finally.. he was kinda tough.. at least the part on the damn tower.. for his first encounter once you get him on the ground you can repeatedly use Y to jump on him over and over.. it works on the tower as well.. but he will teleport out of it.. once he starts destroying sections of the tower.. you can just go into blocking and hopefully get a counter which will knock him down.. then go the spamming of Y route

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #16
hellspawnjuggalo

hellspawnjugalo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I read through this and I didn't see this posted anywhere, so here iswhat I did. All you have to do is, when you get close enough to him, is do a quick kill. It does a good amont of damage to him and it doesn't knock him that far away. It knocks him close enough that you can run up to him and grab him again befoe he fully gets up. I used this method and beat him on my second try. Hope it works for you guys.

hellspawnjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:32 PM   #17
Atroxx70

atroxx70's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawnjuggalo View Post
I read through this and I didn't see this posted anywhere, so here iswhat I did. All you have to do is, when you get close enough to him, is do a quick kill. It does a good amont of damage to him and it doesn't knock him that far away. It knocks him close enough that you can run up to him and grab him again befoe he fully gets up. I used this method and beat him on my second try. Hope it works for you guys.
I tried this method first. That's how I made it through hard mode actually, quick kill is a godsend. Anyhow, every time I tried it on him on top of the tower, he ported away in the middle of the grab animation, couldn't get a grip on him, not once.

http://www.youtube.com/Atroxx70 <~~OMG it's another youtube channel!!!
http://twitter.com/atroxx70

Quote:
WARNING: Use of the UMP may cause you to believe you possess more skill than you actually have!

Atroxx70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:40 PM   #18
Sms4001

thesauc3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
worked perfectly OP! had spent the hour getting mad because i would always fall off when he only had a couple more hits left! just beat him in 5 min with this method!
Sms4001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #19
th3warr1or

Just glad to be able to help. He had me at wits end for over 24hours(not at one go of course), but after using this method myself I managed to get him after one try.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:28 PM   #20
TheGrintfish

KCDotCom's Gamercard
That's an awesome tip, warr1or. I kept getting him down to 1/4 health, then he'd end up getting too far away and would blast me when I was jumping over a gap, causing me to fall. Using your tip, I was able to keep him close the whole time and finally beat him. 1000/1000 now.
TheGrintfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:21 PM   #21
Ubuntu Solo

ubuntu solo's Gamercard
I'd like to pile onto the thank you wagon for the strategy. It was the only way I found to effectively damage him and it helps to prevent his regeneration from starting as well. Thanks for the tips everyone.
Ubuntu Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:50 PM   #22
Dack124
Banned User

DAck124's Gamercard
Gonna need to try this later.
Dack124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:27 AM   #23
th3warr1or

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubuntu Solo View Post
I'd like to pile onto the thank you wagon for the strategy. It was the only way I found to effectively damage him and it helps to prevent his regeneration from starting as well. Thanks for the tips everyone.
HAH! This is one bandwagon that I dont' mind people get on..

It's not always I get to feel useful/helpful.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:43 AM   #24
Johan

De Echte Topper's Gamercard
Yeah you`re right cleric_80, this is definetly a good way to finish him just lunge towards him and keep pressing y. In my first try i got him while on normal it took me about 4 times.

Last edited by Johan; 05-23-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #25
hype

IncredibleHype's Gamercard
lol i'm mad Remy (Gambit) is harder to beat than Deadpool/Weapon 11.

hijo del maliante puro.
hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:08 AM   #26
th3warr1or

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan View Post
Yeah you`re right cleric_80, this is definetly a good way to finish him just lunge towards him and keep pressing y. In my first try i got him while on normal it took me about 4 times.
Sometimes he teleports away while you're doing the "Y" attack.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:31 PM   #27
capthorp

CanadianBaconX3's Gamercard
Ahhhh....a solution that just may work....I will be trying this tonite. I farted around with Deadpool for almost an hour until 2am trying different things. Just when I was close each time, either he shot the ground out from underneath me, or I'd lunge and catch him in mid air over the center of the reactor and we'd both drop to our deaths.
This method may be the miracle that I have been waiting for.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:38 AM   #28
CELT1CPRED

Great idea OP.

Only died once.

He'll get away from you a few times, it's just a matter of running towards him then lunging quick.
CELT1CPRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:45 AM   #29
Deadly Moves
Banned User

Deadly Moves's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouAWOL View Post
He's not really all that difficult, just have to be patient and learn how to play him. Stay in tight on him. Any time he ports away make sure you take the shortest path back to him and leap at him ASAP. Keep him pinned, use counters, and don't throw him off the edge (the worst thing to do in this fight is toss him off the edge). The time I beat him he only blasted away at the wall twice because I kept on his ass the entire time. That fight was easy because of it. I would also add use your berserk + claw drill. That eats up large chunks in a hurry with the damage multipliers maxed in Skills especially.
Thats pretty much what i did.
I used Y alot to knock him back, and then just kept doing combo's. When he teleported away and tried to shoot his lazers at me i just lunged at him.
It wasnt that hard.. you just have to learn his patterns, find a weakness and exploit it.
Deadly Moves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:51 AM   #30
th3warr1or

Well i've found that weakness for you guys :P