PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-10-2009, 05:22 AM   #61
arachnophilia

Send a message via ICQ to arachnophilia Send a message via AIM to arachnophilia Send a message via MSN to arachnophilia Send a message via Yahoo to arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i've just started this game (twice), and i'm quite familiar with how glitchy bethesda games can be, having played the hell out of oblivion. so i'm trying to predict issues before i run into them.

so here's a question.

during the GNR radio mission, with the first super mutant behemoth, a BOS soldier with a laser rifle stole my kill with a well placed headshot to the behemoth. nevermind that my bottle cap mines and missiles did most of the damage (hadn't even grabbed the fatman yet), he or she technically got the kill. not me. so no exp from it (not a big deal), but can i still get the achievement for killing all of them?

ie: does the achievement just require that all of them are dead, or do i peronsally have to kill each and every one?

edit: found the answer in another thread. apparently they just have to be dead. i'll confirm when i get the achievement.

Last edited by arachnophilia; 02-10-2009 at 06:41 AM.
arachnophilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #62
arachnophilia

Send a message via ICQ to arachnophilia Send a message via AIM to arachnophilia Send a message via MSN to arachnophilia Send a message via Yahoo to arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLET8 View Post
Where do I get the training to use the power helmet? I managed to find the guy to teach me how to use the power armor, but he didn't tell me anything about the helmet. Can anyone help me with this please?
if you can equip power armor, you should be able to equip the helmet too.
arachnophilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:14 PM   #63
Ignatz

Send a message via AIM to Ignatz Send a message via MSN to Ignatz

Tender Ninja's Gamercard
If I have the DLC for the 360, do I still need to buy it for the PC? Sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn't see it anywhere. Thanks in advance!
Ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:37 AM   #64
SevDelta

SevDelta's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatz View Post
If I have the DLC for the 360, do I still need to buy it for the PC? Sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn't see it anywhere. Thanks in advance!
Yes, you do.
SevDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:11 AM   #65
Ignatz

Send a message via AIM to Ignatz Send a message via MSN to Ignatz

Tender Ninja's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevDelta View Post
Yes, you do.
Bleh. Alright, thanks. I was kind of hoping that it would be like an "account wide" thing. But that's cool to, thanks again.
Ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:51 PM   #66
starvingartiste

starvingartiste's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Fool View Post
Where would be a good place to store your items until you unlike either a house or suite?
I used the vending machines outside, in front of the super duper mart, until i had my home in tenpenny towers (or megaton.. depending on how you're playing). it's very easy to get to... the machines right next to you when you fast travel there.
starvingartiste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:21 PM   #67
EXTINCT

oCRiPPSYo's Gamercard
i dunno whether to get this, i had it for a while but didn't really get into it, is it worth getting again?
EXTINCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:22 PM   #68
njdevils17

MVDEVILS17's Gamercard
I have a question about the level 20 Karma achievements. I am at good karma right now and I'm level 20. If I get Neutral Karma then bad karma, will both achievements unlock or do I have to have a particular karma as soon as I level up to 20?

New Jersey Devils 2012 Eastern Conference Champs
New York Giants 07-08 and 11-12 Super Bowl Champs

njdevils17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #69
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils17 View Post
I have a question about the level 20 Karma achievements. I am at good karma right now and I'm level 20. If I get Neutral Karma then bad karma, will both achievements unlock or do I have to have a particular karma as soon as I level up to 20?
You need to attain the level while you have the according karma.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:23 PM   #70
njdevils17

MVDEVILS17's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
You need to attain the level while you have the according karma.
Thank you!

Looks like I'll have to reload some of my saves!

New Jersey Devils 2012 Eastern Conference Champs
New York Giants 07-08 and 11-12 Super Bowl Champs

njdevils17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:16 AM   #71
RainmanNGGC

TheeRainman's Gamercard
Very Easy Lockpicking Method

As strange as it sounds, you do not need to turn the bobby pins when lockpicking. Each time you retry a lock before the bobby pin breaks, the sweet spot changes. Sometimes, the sweet spot will be at the start point. So, when the lockpicking screen appears, try and turn the lock. If it doesn't go, back out and try again. I know this works as I have used it to unlock at least a dozens locks. I may take time, but if you suck at lockpicking, this should make it much easier for you.

RainmanNGGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #72
Dragon83uk

Dragon83uk's Gamercard
Gettiing back on topic....

Hi, just having a little trouble with the custom weapons achievement. I've found the schematics for the Deathclaw Gauntlets and I've got all the necessary parts however when I go to the workbench it tells me that I haven't got one of them, despite the fact that I have? I was just wandering if anyone else has had this trouble and whether there's a simple way around it? Cheers!
Old 04-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #73
SasileUchiha92

Arashi Sora's Gamercard
I have a question about DLC in this game. I'm going to be getting this game sometime next week, but I won't have any money to buy DLC until i've already started the game.

So if I download the DLC after i've already started playing, will the DLC be accessable, or will I have to start a new game?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #74
Tracker4502

Send a message via AIM to Tracker4502 Send a message via MSN to Tracker4502

Tracker4502's Gamercard
The DLC updates are avaliable at any time. Though certain rewards / items are based on current content interacting with the DLC, you can still enjoy about 97% of the DLC no matter what you do, evil or good.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:19 PM   #75
SasileUchiha92

Arashi Sora's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker4502 View Post
The DLC updates are avaliable at any time. Though certain rewards / items are based on current content interacting with the DLC, you can still enjoy about 97% of the DLC no matter what you do, evil or good.
Ok, that's good enough for me.

That just leaves Broken Steel. I hope it will be like the other DLC and not make us start a new game to access it. But it does change the ending, so I don't know....

The only experience i've ever had with getting DLC while in the middle was a game was "Bringing down the Sky" in Mass Effect and I didn't need to start a new game for that.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:35 PM   #76
Reaper33

taz110's Gamercard
thanks this really helped
Reaper33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:34 AM   #77
Delta438

Delta748's Gamercard
I know this might be a pretty stupid question, but is there any way to go back to Raven Rock?? I didn't know there was a Bobblehead there, and now I can't go back in. When I try, it says that the door is activated somewhere else. Any help would be much appreciated.

Delta438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #78
TheDeadspace

Dr Deadspace's Gamercard

Nope, if you missed that one, your only option is to reload an older save. Alternatively, if you're playing on the PC, i'm sure there is a command to spawn the missing bobblehead for you.

XBLA/WP7 Games Completed (47)

Now Playing - Darksiders (430/1000), Arkham Asylum GOTY (PC) (235/1000) Diablo 3 - 975/1000
TheDeadspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:40 AM   #79
XPsYcHoX

XGoGX XPsYcHoX's Gamercard
This thread is quite a riot.
XPsYcHoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:43 AM   #80
XPsYcHoX

Yes, they just have to be dead. That happened to me too and I was so pissed because at the time I thought it was a hell of a lot of experience.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:45 AM   #81
XPsYcHoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta438 View Post
I know this might be a pretty stupid question, but is there any way to go back to Raven Rock?? I didn't know there was a Bobblehead there, and now I can't go back in. When I try, it says that the door is activated somewhere else. Any help would be much appreciated.
no sorry dude there's no going back there
Old 05-21-2009, 10:59 PM   #82
iSaAc24

vl iGOMEZ10 lv's Gamercard
I've got a quick question, but i think that i really screwed up, iam in level 7, and in the level "Tranquility Lane' if i complete it i go to level 8 and iam to filled with good karma and i took the bad karma way and i still cant reach neutral or bad karma.... i saved over all my files by accident so there is not one thats not in that level.... What can i do......

iSaAc24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:23 AM   #83
t55

I thought at first that i needed to press the "drink" button constantly to restore my health which resulted in me taking a long time to recover health via water.

But then i found out you can hold down the "drink" button and you character will refill his life much faster.
t55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 11:04 PM   #84
Lyam84

Lyam84's Gamercard
The checklist for the achievments doesn't register the one of the Pitt DLC (every time I check the boxes and hit 'save changes', they are unchecked when I come back), what can I do?
Lyam84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:50 PM   #85
BanefulKiller89

Hollow Ichigo89's Gamercard
I know this question may have been answered already but I was wondering when you mean by "The point of no return" do you mean right after the quest "Take it Back" that you can no longer play as the character you beat it with and the game just ends? I was just wondering because I wanted to know whether I should get the full 1000 then buy the DLC and get those achievements or just buy the DLC then get that achievement after getting the others.
BanefulKiller89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #86
halofan1989

Omega Weapon 7's Gamercard
I don't know if this is the right thread, but my character is continuously swinging/firing his weapon as if im pulling right trigger.
I checked and its not my controller because its not scrolling through any guide button menus.
Is this a status effect, or a glitch or what?
halofan1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:03 AM   #87
II RUFF II

Send a message via MSN to II RUFF II

Gav I PUFC's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSaAc24 View Post
I've got a quick question, but i think that i really screwed up, iam in level 7, and in the level "Tranquility Lane' if i complete it i go to level 8 and iam to filled with good karma and i took the bad karma way and i still cant reach neutral or bad karma.... i saved over all my files by accident so there is not one thats not in that level.... What can i do......
Hmm thats quite a bad situation. If youve killed everyone in tranquility lane and stole their stuff (i think you had to do this before they are dead) then i dont think is no other way to get bad karma there.

-
Proud To Be Posh x

II RUFF II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:41 AM   #88
aussiegamer

HoMiCiDaL362's Gamercard
I've got a question; How the FUCK do I get into Galaxy News Radio? I've been trying to get into that joint for a loooong time and I ended up missing that portion of the main quest and moving on.. How do I get in there? I wanna meet the man behind Galaxy News Radio; Three-Dogg!
Old 06-15-2009, 09:19 AM   #89
halofan1989

Omega Weapon 7's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by halofan1989 View Post
I don't know if this is the right thread, but my character is continuously swinging/firing his weapon as if im pulling right trigger.
I checked and its not my controller because its not scrolling through any guide button menus.
Is this a status effect, or a glitch or what?
Nevermind, I went to the dashboard and it somehow went away.

But I am little stuck on "Head of State" though.
I've killed all of the slavers and the objectives say
"Kill all the slavers near Lincoln Memorial".
but there is an objective arrow on Leroy Walkers dead body.
And I don't have a previous save before this quest.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
halofan1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:48 PM   #90
NaK Quinn

Quinn351 SVT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Anyone know where theres a list of the rare weapons? Like BlackHawk and Jingwei's Shocksword? I heard there is a LincolnRifle somewhere, and a Chineese Assault Rifle thats named, would appreciate it if someone points me in the right direction.
NaK Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote