PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > Tetris Splash
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-08-2007, 01:05 AM   #1
Parkerktm

Send a message via AIM to Parkerktm

JUST DO IT7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Easy way to et 10 hours of online play

I was wondering does it count towards the cummulation of hours played online if you are just in the mutiplayer menu, or if you were to just go into a room and then leave. Also would if work if you sign in with another account and controller, start a game and then just let the time rack up?? Anyone know. Any suggestions on an easy ten hours. Because i love Tetris and want to get 200/200 but i've gotta play Call of Duty 4, cant play tetris over COD4
Parkerktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:16 AM   #2
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I'm not really sure if the menu counts. Two controllers is not a solution. Be sure to play 10 hours in a single gametype, according to the leaderboards, I have 6 hours in Marathon and 6 hours in FFA and don't have the achievement. It may be possible that it only counts online multiplayer, in which case I haven't met the 10 hours yet. I am trying to get my Marathon play time up to 10 hours to check this.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:09 AM   #3
Bomber v4

Frosty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Ive heard from a few friends that have all 12 achievements in the game and they said staying in the menu does NOT count. You have to actually be playing for the time to count.

Hope this helps

Bomber v4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:31 AM   #4
botafogo007

botafogo007's Gamercard
I finally got the 10 hour achievement a few days ago. It DOES have to be online multiplayer play, and I can confirm that it only counts time you're actually playing. It does, however, count both ranked matches and player matches in that total (probably online team play too). I know this because I had about 40 minutes in ranked and the achievement unlocked at about 9:25 in player games. You can keep track of time played on the leaderboards.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:10 PM   #5
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by botafogo007 View Post
I finally got the 10 hour achievement a few days ago. It DOES have to be online multiplayer play, and I can confirm that it only counts time you're actually playing. It does, however, count both ranked matches and player matches in that total (probably online team play too). I know this because I had about 40 minutes in ranked and the achievement unlocked at about 9:25 in player games. You can keep track of time played on the leaderboards.
Thank you very much for clearing that up.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:58 PM   #6
TheRoadHead

theroadhead's Gamercard
I much as I love Tetris this version isn't the best versopm so I found a way to get the 10-hour without playing. If you have the madcatz arcade stick or a controller with turbo then turn the turbo on and go into player match and find a way to keep the A button down. You'll get a little over a minute for every match and if you become the host you will start the match since the turbo remains on. I feel bad doing this but 10 hours of actually play time is alot and considering the fact that if you loose the match early you have to wait for the match to end for the time to count. So basically 10 hours can turn into 20-30 hours of time actually spent. I don't actually have the achievement yet and i'm not even at home but i've been monitoring it thru mygamercard at work and i'm still hosting a player match.
TheRoadHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 02:20 PM   #7
Goat_187

I love this game and I'll probaly get the 10 hour achievement actually playing it online. (got 4:30 so far of online play)

But I think I found a way to get an easy 10 hours on online play. Yesturday I was playing against only one person, and he quit in the middle of the match. I surprised when I looked over and I was the only one playing. I figure if everyone quits I'll win automatically, but that wasnt the case the game lets you finish up your game. Now if I would of had one of those turbo controllers I could of just pressed A and rotate one piece endlessly.

This would be very easy to set up with a friend, just send them an invite them tell them to quit mid game, also make the game with all private slots so nobody could join.
Goat_187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 05:27 PM   #8
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Actually when playing online, there is a limit to either the number or duration that you can rotate a piece and restart the set timer. It's to prevent two players from endlessly rotating pieces and keeping the game going. I actually got a glitch that allowed me to play by myself in a room. People joined and left but were playing independent of me. I got a good 30 minutes before my gf got pissed and complained that I wasn't going to lose. My NAT being set to strict might have something to do with this happening.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:03 PM   #9
Goat_187

there goes that theory.
Goat_187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:39 PM   #10
Parkerktm

JUST DO IT7's Gamercard

Goat I think your idea still might work, but i dunno

God Bless America

Old 07-31-2008, 03:25 AM   #11
freeman2112

Freeman2112's Gamercard
Unhappy 10 hour achiev didnt unlock

i'm kind of disappointed, because yesterday i reached the 10 hour mark in free for all and the achievement didn't unlock, now i have about 10 h 45 min but i still can't get the achiev... any tip would be useful
freeman2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:45 PM   #12
freeman2112

Freeman2112's Gamercard
finally got it @ 11 hrs of gameplay...
freeman2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:21 AM   #13
Parkerktm

JUST DO IT7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeman2112 View Post
finally got it @ 11 hrs of gameplay...
From what i've heard it's kind of glitchy, so you have to play 10 hours in one game mode.

God Bless America

Old 04-25-2009, 09:03 AM   #14
qSasukep

chaos420666's Gamercard
i have a good idea on how to make the game the longest........ but its not gonna be fast or a walk away, u basically have 2 people online and join a priv game and let the pieces fall w/o hitting the down button, this should be alot faster then walking away and only getting a min or so, i posted on the achievement thread, but no ones has responded, is this a bad idea?
qSasukep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:09 AM   #15
Parkerktm

JUST DO IT7's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by qSasukep View Post
i have a good idea on how to make the game the longest........ but its not gonna be fast or a walk away, u basically have 2 people online and join a priv game and let the pieces fall w/o hitting the down button, this should be alot faster then walking away and only getting a min or so, i posted on the achievement thread, but no ones has responded, is this a bad idea?
Well there's not many methods for this achievement and as you can see by reading through this forum not many people have come up with helpful methods nor really methods at all.

Id say it's the best we have so far .

God Bless America