PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Summer Athletics
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-23-2008, 05:54 AM   #1
Daz20

3rd career comp help

Hi does anyone have any tips on how to come first in this competition as its one of my last achievements to get on this game. I also need the pole position one but the fastest i've got is 86 with boost. I can only seem to get around 75 on the speed when running for the 100m, pole vault etc, any tips on how to get more speed? All my stats are maxed.

Thanks

Daz
Daz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:08 AM   #2
pts100

pts100's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz20 View Post
Hi does anyone have any tips on how to come first in this competition as its one of my last achievements to get on this game. I also need the pole position one but the fastest i've got is 86 with boost. I can only seem to get around 75 on the speed when running for the 100m, pole vault etc, any tips on how to get more speed? All my stats are maxed.

Thanks

Daz
Hi Daz, you need to learn to get more speed if you want to win this final competition as 75 won't cut it.

As for tips there really is none,just do what you're doing but faster.

and welcome to the site.

100K - GOAL REACHED!!
pts100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 01:41 PM   #3
Daz20

Thanks for the reply i'm gonna give it another go now.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:10 PM   #4
californiakronics

For the final career comp. you want to make sure you're on top throughout the competition. In order to be sure you place high for each event, make sure you autosave is on and then if you mess up an event just quit out before advancing to the next one. Then reload your career and you can just start on that event again. This way you can make sure you always do well on each event and ensure victory in the end. For the pole position achievement i had maxed out stats and got it with 96 on the run for my speed. You still have to wiggle the stick very quickly but it's possible.
californiakronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:29 AM   #5
Daz20

Just finished this comp finally! just need to do the pole vault ach now I got 94 before so i should have it soon. Thanks for all the posts guys.

Daz
Old 08-24-2008, 12:21 PM   #6
Daz20

Just got my pole position ach! i'm so glad to be finished with this game! To anyone who is having trouble with the pole position if you can get a friend to waggle the stick and you press the boost button for them around 75 power while they keep wagglin an that should shoot you up to about 97 power which is enough for the achievement!

Add me as a friend
Old 08-25-2008, 11:44 AM   #7
DLStChad II

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
The only things i cant do are the middle distance running (800m and 1500m) and the swimming, although im getting closer with swimming but the middle distance running is just stupid, i can never stay behind 1st coz he just burns off and leaves me, even on easy...any fool-proof tips?
Old 08-25-2008, 01:08 PM   #8
NISSM0

NISS M0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLStChad II View Post
The only things i cant do are the middle distance running (800m and 1500m) and the swimming, although im getting closer with swimming but the middle distance running is just stupid, i can never stay behind 1st coz he just burns off and leaves me, even on easy...any fool-proof tips?
If you are on easy on the start get behind the first position use the sip stream then get next to the first position at the last second before the sprint and pass him u can always use a boost at that point but you should have all your stamina to pass first. Remember you dont need to be going all out on the run just push up on the left and right joy stick at about 3/4 of the meter full. When you are in the sip stream your stamina goes back up.

NISSM0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #9
Daz20

The only advice a I can give is try to keep the power an speed bars at the same level because if the power slips over you start to lose stamina. When you get behind him it'll force a max speed on you try to keep to this as best as possible. If you slip from hin an have enough stamina (which you should) just go really fast to catch up to him. An make your move on the straight an the end.

P.S I came 3rd in this event on the 3rd career so don't worry about winning it just stay close.

Daz

Add me as a friend
Old 08-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #10
DLStChad II

Thx for the tips, I finally got my Gold on the 800m and all the swimming events except the backstroke but im doing that soon so should get that.....your right about the middle distance running, I got behind 1st place and kept speed and power at same level and my stamina stayed at the top the whole 800m, it just takes a while to get in the right rythm...cheers.

Last edited by DLStChad II; 08-25-2008 at 01:37 PM.
DLStChad II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:03 PM   #11
Daz20

Glad you got the 800 gold! For the swimming put it on easy an arcade so you can boost. If you're having trouble with the backstroke just concentrate on 1 stick and just hold the other stick. On easy this'll be enough to win the swimming with boosts an decent grabs. If you need to win the 4x100 swimming relay make a comp with all the events in it and make sure the 4x100 event is first an use all 9 boosts in that event.

Daz

Add me as a friend
Old 09-07-2008, 11:34 PM   #12
hellboundsoul

Send a message via AIM to hellboundsoul

hellboundsoul's Gamercard
How many Seasons/Difficulties do you have to complete to get this achievement. I'm on Pro right now (second). Thanks.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:22 AM   #13
borandi

borandi's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboundsoul View Post
How many Seasons/Difficulties do you have to complete to get this achievement. I'm on Pro right now (second). Thanks.
There's three career sections to win - these are in the manual.

Have you an Xbox 360 legacy?
http://360voice.com
http://x360a.org
http://trueachievements.com

=1st WORLD 100% PDC Darts=
=1st UK 100% Beautiful Katamari=

=2nd UK 100% NBA Ballers=
=10th World/2nd UK 100% Buku Sudoku=
borandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:59 AM   #14
ONEROSSY

TXG ONEROSSY's Gamercard
3rd time through the last comp and all i can do at best is silver, can win the throwing an sprinting events by a mile bt the others let me down

scratch that just got it won by 49 pts phew too close

Last edited by ONEROSSY; 05-14-2009 at 12:54 PM.
ONEROSSY is offline   Reply With Quote