PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Madden NFL 06
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-10-2006, 02:06 AM   #1
SpideR NY

S0DA POPINSKI's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Decent game at best.

I got this from gamefly and its decent. Played 3 games last night and owned in all of them to get all the game achievements. (on pro 5min quaters, francise). This game is not what I imagined next-gen football to be. If anyone has seen what 2k sports are doing with MLB 2k6 then you've seen what next gen sports can be. I wish Madden wasnt my only choice. I love football games too, but I couldnt see this being more then a rental for me. As far as getting 1000 points this game is pretty easy.

Shooter of the moment - MW3 (sucks IMO)

RPG of the moment - Skyrim & Bastion

Game's I going for achievements in right now - None
SpideR NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:36 PM   #2
Alive741

Re: Decent game at best.

I got really choppy videos when switching from game to video clip. It killed the game for me.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:57 PM   #3
Minty

Send a message via MSN to Minty Send a message via Skype™ to Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

its ag ood game, but quite basic

you would have to be a NFL fan to really enjoy the game, and to keep playing over and over

Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:04 AM   #4
g4m3r7ag

Send a message via ICQ to g4m3r7ag Send a message via AIM to g4m3r7ag Send a message via MSN to g4m3r7ag Send a message via Yahoo to g4m3r7ag

g4m3r7ag's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   UNO - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

like scoob is
Old 02-11-2006, 12:13 AM   #5
Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea

really, i hadnt noticed he liked NFL

where is he anyway? not like him to be offline

Old 02-11-2006, 12:19 AM   #6
g4m3r7ag

Send a message via ICQ to g4m3r7ag Send a message via AIM to g4m3r7ag Send a message via MSN to g4m3r7ag Send a message via Yahoo to g4m3r7ag

g4m3r7ag's Gamercard

yea thats odd
Old 02-11-2006, 12:27 AM   #7
Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

and DaWebbmeister. send him a couple of messages and got no reply, and he hasnt been on live for 5 days now

Old 02-11-2006, 12:29 AM   #8
g4m3r7ag

g4m3r7ag's Gamercard

hope we havent lost two more people because of mysterious reasons (dropping off the face of the earth)
Old 02-11-2006, 12:37 AM   #9
Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

well scooby knows where we are at least, but Webby wont unles he veer gets around to turning on his xbox lol

Old 02-11-2006, 02:20 AM   #10
SpideR NY

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1

I'm a huge football fan and this game still sucks. Like it says by my name, looking forward to NFL 2k11

Old 02-11-2006, 06:57 AM   #11
scoobydiesel

Send a message via AIM to scoobydiesel Send a message via MSN to scoobydiesel Send a message via Yahoo to scoobydiesel

Scoobydiesel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1

My favorite game without a doubt on the 360 thus far, but i cant wait for 07 since yes alot can be done, and with a full scedule to make a Real Next gen game....sweet it will be good, but since people bitch about 06 having easy achievement si bet 07 will be hard

Old School member.
scoobydiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 04:50 AM   #12
SpideR NY

With no competition to keep them in line I think EA will slack off again next year. I hope not, I'm a HUGE football game fan (was ranked in the top 100 on NFL 2k5 out of over 140,000 players), but I couldnt play this through a whole season let alone 10 years on francise. and I'm not a 2k fan boy, I played Madden 03 until my create a player (a sorely missed feature) retired after like 12 seasons playing every game.

Old 02-12-2006, 09:48 AM   #13
scoobydiesel

Send a message via AIM to scoobydiesel Send a message via MSN to scoobydiesel Send a message via Yahoo to scoobydiesel

Scoobydiesel's Gamercard

i agree with you some what i think they can slack off but i hope to god they wont, i really dont think they will becuase no matter what it will hurt them, if they pay attention some college games beat madden in ratings and what not...so it could happen again

Old School member.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:20 AM   #14
SpideR NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydiesel
i agree with you some what i think they can slack off but i hope to god they wont, i really dont think they will becuase no matter what it will hurt them, if they pay attention some  college games beat madden in ratings and what not...so it could happen again
yeah but they own the rights to NCAA football and even the Arena League lol (EA Does)

Old 02-13-2006, 11:07 AM   #15
scoobydiesel

Scoobydiesel's Gamercard

yeah almost bought the arean game but i dont wanna play old systems just for that...lol

Old School member.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:12 PM   #16
Krazie

Send a message via AIM to Krazie

Krazie x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   5,000 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Word of Mouth   Poker Tournament 2nd Place   Football Manager 2006 Tournament Runner-Up   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

They took out too many features in the 360 version, I refuse to buy a Madden for next-gen until next year because of that, they rushed it, and now the game is ASS
Krazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:48 AM   #17
scoobydiesel

Scoobydiesel's Gamercard

:'( ....your an ass......

just cuase the extras arnt there doesnt mean it anit fun....but i msut be the only flippin football fan 0_0 the Football is still there to play adn enjoy.....but then again id rather have madden right now then any other game thats out right now :P

Old School member.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:06 PM   #18
SpideR NY

Bah Scoob, I am a football fan as you know, and this game isnt good. I'm not just talking about all the missing features. The graphics are decent (by why does everyone STILL look so fat) and I thought the gameplay was less then average. I can see how a football fan can pick this up and play the hell outta it, as it is the only football game out right now for the 360. But that doesnt mean its a good game.

Old 02-16-2006, 12:39 AM   #19
scoobydiesel

Scoobydiesel's Gamercard

it keeps me in the game and i have fun...so its a good game....to me...a football fan... ???

but i agree next year should be a zillion times better then 06, becuase they will add all them features i usly dont use but most others do and hopfully yeah a graphics upgrade, i mean it looks nice but could look better still

Old School member.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:05 AM   #20
Krazie

Send a message via AIM to Krazie

Krazie x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   5,000 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Word of Mouth   Poker Tournament 2nd Place   Football Manager 2006 Tournament Runner-Up   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

Quote:
it keeps me in the game and i have fun...so its a good game....to me...a football fan...  ???

but i agree next year should be a zillion times better then 06, becuase they will add all them features i usly dont use but most others do and hopfully yeah a graphics upgrade, i mean it looks nice but could look better still
Believe me, im a football fan, during football season, i eat, drink, and breathe it.. Ive had every Madden since god knows when, and I get them the day they come out, i have Madden 06 for the original Xbox, and i played the hell out of it up until December, theres no reason for me to pick up the one for 360 because ive played it enough already and i refuse to support a shitty game, which Madden for the 360 is..

Ill buy 2007 no matter how bad it is just because i get it every year, i just hope they improve upon the bad port that they came out with this year..
Krazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 07:51 AM   #21
scoobydiesel

Scoobydiesel's Gamercard

I eat bearth shit football all the time(nfl network is a god of mine lol) so yea i understand that.

iv been playing 93 wsitch im pretty sure was the fierst year.

madden has been my luanch game for PS2, xbox and 360 so far, iv played it on all major consels and what not.

i didnt buy it for xbox this year i rented it on gf on relase(so got it a day after it came out) and returned it nov 23rd.

i dont see how you can say its shitty game, its the same game but purdyer and with out that lame qb vison crap and that player bullshit.

yes like iv said about 30 post before this it doesnt have the padding, but its still madden, still push X to pass to X wr and what not.

of course im buying madden 07, it will be the same as every year but with the extras everyone but me uses 0_0

only fix or add on i want is microsoft servers not ea

Old School member.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:58 PM   #22
YUGANSKNEFTEGAZ

I got Madden on launch. I think it's a pretty good game. The Colts are a bit under-rated though .

Some things missing from previous (and probably this year's version for XB and PS2) but still overall an enjoyable game.

30-years of franchise was a bit of a pain. I wish as a coach you had the opportunity to switch to a currently coachless team, and try to improve them. I had to wait til i was sacked by Indianapolis in 2026 before I took over at the Bengals (Who were 1-15, and I took them to the SuperBowl in two seasons, got obliterated by Atlanta though!)

Will definitely be getting 2007/8/9/10 etx

YUGANSKNEFTEGAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:48 AM   #23
SpideR NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie1
Quote:
it keeps me in the game and i have fun...so its a good game....to me...a football fan...  ???

Ill buy 2007 no matter how bad it is just because i get it every year, i just hope they improve upon the bad port that they came out with this year..
and theres the problem. people will buy Madden no matter how shitty it is because its the only one there or because they are so used to buying it. And thats why EA will not make the game that much better. because they can recycle the same shit year in and year out and people will still be begging to plop down there 50-60 bucks for it.

Old 02-17-2006, 05:39 AM   #24
scoobydiesel

Scoobydiesel's Gamercard

yep just like alll other sports and even every other type of game, if its fun to a person they will buy it

Old School member.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:29 AM   #25
SpideR NY

think you missed the point of that last post scoob

Old 02-17-2006, 07:34 AM   #26
scoobydiesel

Scoobydiesel's Gamercard

yeah i know, we could keep the one game(say 06) forever since ea doesnt need to add anything....but hey roster update is worth 60 bucks!

ok so its not, i really dont have intrest in other games or many so 60 bucks to a rehash is fine.

did i understand if not let me know im kinda sleepy

Old School member.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:44 AM   #27
SpideR NY

nah I get it. Hey man, I hope Madden is goo dnext year too as I am a avid football game player. Just not holding my breath . And dont get me wrong, Ive never said that this game was total trash... Just not near what it should have been. Like I said decent. But after 15 years of madden shouldnt they all be amazing ?

Old 02-17-2006, 08:22 AM   #28
scoobydiesel

Scoobydiesel's Gamercard

ha yeah i wish, i figured im going to sim the 30 with one team and keep the real franchies i have for when i wanna play(only in 2009 i think)

Old School member.