Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3: ODST
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-04-2009, 05:41 AM   #1
1337Pwner

HummusPlunger's Gamercard
Confusion of what's set to happen with Halo

Ok so the new Mythic Map Pack has been advertised forever now and I've always wondered how it's going to work.
As of right now this is how I understand it.

You will be able to get the first 3 maps of it through Halo Wars and separate download later on. and then the last three will come with Halo 3: ODST.

For that part let me know if I'm wrong.

Now here's the second part of my confusion. To get the Recon Armor you have to do the Vid Master Challenges. Now one of those challenges is on Halo3:ODST. Is Halo3:ODST going to register as an expansion to the Halo3 game and going to work under the same save files as Halo3? If so then how is Halo3:ODST going to have it's own 1000GS? Wouldn't that technically make Halo3 a 2750GS game?

I'm really mixed up n this, if anyone can sghare accurate information and not just specualtions it would be VERY appreciated!

Completed Arcade:
Dash of Destruction, Aegis Wing

Honorable Mentions:
Infinite Undiscovery (869), CoD:WaW (945)

Currently Working on:
Lost Odyssey, Street Fighter IV
1337Pwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:48 AM   #2
XeonMasta

XeonMasta's Gamercard
You will get recon in ODST, not Halo 3.

The rest is a mystery to me too.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:54 PM   #3
con-con

C0N C0N's Gamercard
Ive heard that ODST is a add on to the game in disc form, dont get me wrong now, it still has the full campaign plus 1000 g's, but the maps, as bungie released in a faq made by a bungie employee, the maps from this disc as well as all unlockable armour will be fully playable in halo 3, thus the games title " Halo 3 : ODST" because this is an add on.

I'M RICK JAMES B!%@$!
con-con is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
GxF SKULLAVIDG3

Skullavidge's Gamercard
Ok what's happening is the extra 500g added to Halo 3 is ODST's achievement.

ODST is not a full game with like 15 levels it is an expansion to Halo 3.
Bungie even told everyone this on Bungie.net

But because of how big the expansion will be it is being sold on a disc also to let the non XBL players have a chance to play ODST

And your vidmaster confusion is...When you unlock all vidmaster achievements it will unlock the recon armour for your "HALO 3" online character.

Has that cleared it up?

100% Complete Retail Games (Or over 1k G):

Halo 3 (1575/1750), Gears Of War (1080/1250), Gears Of War 2 (1045/1750), Fable 2 (1175/1350), Oblivion (1250/1250), Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Bully Scholarship Edition, Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix, Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen
GxF SKULLAVIDG3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:43 AM   #5
typahl21

SP1KE29's Gamercard
I feel like in the case of ODST...that it will probably come with one of those cards with the additional maps. Who knows it may be offered in the XBL Marketplace for a lot of MicroPoints, but I know that when ODST comes out, I think it will be badass to have that ODST case. But I feel that they will include those cards that you received if you pre-ordered Halo Wars with like 5 different codes for the additional maps, etc.

As far as Recon Armor goes, after you complete all the Vid aster Achievements, and then the rest of the Mythic Map Pack Achievements from the card you get with ODST, then it will most likely unlock. Although I feel like Bungie wouldn't put a new game like ODST as an add-on on the XBL Marketplace, I could be wrong.
typahl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #6
Grudgeo

Send a message via MSN to Grudgeo

Grudgeo's Gamercard
So, would someone with Halo 3: ODST be able to play against people who decided not to get it, and still have Halo 3.

That'd what I wanna know... :P
Grudgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:53 AM   #7
Telexen

Telexen's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I could have sworn I read somewhere that since the two games are practically the same thing and will have the same matchmaking, you can play people from Halo 3 while playing ODST.

It's entirely possible I'm wrong though.

Telexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:44 AM   #8
qu1ck2sh00t
Banned User

Qu1ck2Sh00t's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Pwner View Post
You will be able to get the first 3 maps of it through Halo Wars and separate download later on. and then the last three will come with Halo 3: ODST.
There will be the other 3 maps available for download before ODST & ODST will have ALL halo 3 maps & a couple new ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337Pwner View Post
Now here's the second part of my confusion. To get the Recon Armor you have to do the Vid Master Challenges. Now one of those challenges is on Halo3:ODST. Is Halo3:ODST going to register as an expansion to the Halo3 game and going to work under the same save files as Halo3? If so then how is Halo3:ODST going to have it's own 1000GS? Wouldn't that technically make Halo3 a 2750GS game?
There are the Halo 3 vid master achievements that you have to do & there is more vid master achievements on ODST.Also, ODST is on a separate disc but with the same Halo engine,matchmaking,forge,theater,& custom games the only difference is the campaign.

There is everything I know & I might be wrong or right I don't know but thats what I know for sure.
qu1ck2sh00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:50 AM   #9
Sonoki

SDOSerch's Gamercard
well i read that halo odst will be exatly the same as halo 3 but with a new campaign and 1000G of achievements, the server of halo 3 and odst will be the same so you can play with the people who have odst or halo 3, but its not an add-on to halo 3, its a separate game with the same server as the halo 3, and the 750G of the halo 3, will be too in the halo 3 odst, so its like (HALO 3 1000G) + (Online Achievements 750G) + (1000G HALO 3: ODST), to explain this i will write an example, if you have played halo 3 and got the achievement "vidmaster challenge: Annual" it will apear in your achievements of halo 3, AND if you buy the game halo 3 ODST and you see your achievement, you will see the 1000G points of the odst plus the 750G of the title update 2 and you will have your achievement "vidmaster challange: Annual" in the halo 3 odst achievement actived too, so probably when you get all the vidmaster challenges the Recon armor will be in the halo 3 odst only, because you will be able to see all the vidmaster challenges from the halo 3 odst achievement list only, that means that if you got all your vidmaster challanges you can't see them all in the halo 3 achievement list, unless when the halo 3 odst game comes out bungie make an update to the achievement of halo 3 so the other vidmaster challanges (that i think will worth 0G) can be seen there too

but maybe im wrong

Last edited by Sonoki; 05-07-2009 at 04:58 AM.
Sonoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:37 AM   #10
DDcup x

Send a message via MSN to DDcup x

DDcup x's Gamercard
I'm sure i read somewhere that the MP will be connecting to the EXACT same server as Halo3 does. therefore the multiplayer will be no different & Halo3 players will be connecting to Halo:ODST players and vice versa

@ ODST armour, you will unlock this after completing the 4 "Vidmaster" achievements in halo3. There may be some in Halo:ODST's achievement list we will have to see as the time comes by. Possibly cross achievements? like get the 4 Halo3 ones & the 2 Halo:ODST achievements before ODST armour will unlock?

& i have no idea about the map situation as i did not buy halo wars, i bought the maps of the marketplace.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:11 AM   #11
cupcakelad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDcup x View Post
I'm sure i read somewhere that the MP will be connecting to the EXACT same server as Halo3 does. therefore the multiplayer will be no different & Halo3 players will be connecting to Halo:ODST players and vice versa

@ ODST armour, you will unlock this after completing the 4 "Vidmaster" achievements in halo3. There may be some in Halo:ODST's achievement list we will have to see as the time comes by. Possibly cross achievements? like get the 4 Halo3 ones & the 2 Halo:ODST achievements before ODST armour will unlock?

& i have no idea about the map situation as i did not buy halo wars, i bought the maps of the marketplace.
You must be thinking of Recon Armor, the only ODST armor is the helmet. (And no they won't be adding ODST shoulders, Bungie has announced they will not be making any new multiplayer armor.)
Originally posted by PacoDaTacoS3llr
how is clayton so freaking huge while A and B where so weak??? makes no sense... imagine the fourth brother... king kong or something
cupcakelad is offline   Reply With Quote