PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-25-2009, 11:22 PM   #1
Dracthor

Dracthor's Gamercard
Cool Super easy Cool Master!

Play lvl 15 "Searching for Saki" and run past all the zombies (Do not attack any of them!) to the 2 Legions (The Big boss guys). Once you are caged in run behind the Legions and then use Saki's B attack on them to kill them. Then you run to the end. For some resion the B attack counts as a cool attack and does not take any normal strikes against you even if you mess up the timeing on the attack. I messed up a few times and still got the 95% the first try. If your not sure how to do her B attack you start by pressing B to start her charge, then you press B and she should start to pull her fist back. Once this happens you need to press X around the time that she punches and it should do the attack. It may take some practice but its easy to do and Im pritty sure that even if you don't hit X in time the attack wont do damage and doesn't count as an attack and go against your cool %. Note: The charge only seems to work on bosses if you are behind them or to there side.
Dracthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:49 AM   #2
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Sounds good mate, I'll check it out.

Do you know if this method can be used to kill Bloodmist zombies as well?

Many thanks to UK Dennis for this wonderful sig!
Ooyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:27 AM   #3
Dracthor

Dracthor's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooyah View Post
Do you know if this method can be used to kill Bloodmist zombies as well?
Just tryed it out on a Bloodmist and I can't even grab on to them so it looks like a no. Im pritty sure there are no loopholes to the bloodmists, I even tryed missing with the first hit so only the cool hits hit them, but It didn't work. At least you can keep on hacking at them instead of having to restart every time you don't combo them enough.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:39 PM   #4
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Thanks for checking this!!!

I must admit that I'm choking on the cool combos. I heard that a 'skill' bracelet helps with them... but you need to kill a bloodmist with a cool combo to get it.

I'll keep trying. That and trying to get a counterstrike flash on that flipping whale...

Old 05-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #5
bp42069

bp42069's Gamercard
I thought I'd throw this in, dealing with cool combos. When I first started getting the cool combos I found it easier to do while in rampage mode and a FULL sword of blood. Seems weird but it slows the blade down (IMO) and makes the timing a tad easier. I'd just only practice on the one in chapter 13 or the one that has the skill bracelet. Once you get that to level 3 cool combos will come very easy.
bp42069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
Dracthor

Dracthor's Gamercard
Im not sure if you even need the bloodmists for the achevements now that I look at the list. With this said and the method I listed above, the only thing you seem to need cool combos for a 1k would be Rampaging Baneful Blood. Unless of corse there is a loophole to that one too.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:29 PM   #7
eohjay

eohjay's Gamercard
Thanks a lot for posting this. It worked like a charm.

Now, if only it worked on Rampaging Baneful Blood. Guess I'll just have to practice those cool combos after all -.-

Drop me a line if you want to play any games, or need a hand.

Looking to boost in: Brain Challenge, Culdcept Saga and Resident Evil 5.

eohjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:40 PM   #8
bp42069

bp42069's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracthor View Post
Im not sure if you even need the bloodmists for the achevements now that I look at the list. With this said and the method I listed above, the only thing you seem to need cool combos for a 1k would be Rampaging Baneful Blood. Unless of corse there is a loophole to that one too.

True, but the braclets could be a lot easier to get some like Berzerk difficulty passed, or for whatever.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:23 AM   #9
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp42069 View Post
True, but the braclets could be a lot easier to get some like Berzerk difficulty passed, or for whatever.
Yeah, that's a good point. I'm going through hard with a completely maxed out Aya, and it does make me worry about what Violent and Berzerk will be like.

Seems that I need to practise those cool combos then... could be a frustrating weekend ahead!!! Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but my attempts so far at mastering the cool combos have been pathetic to say the least!!!!

Gotta have faith... ...this is one game I really want to 1K.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:33 PM   #10
Dracthor

Dracthor's Gamercard
Quote:
Yeah, that's a good point. I'm going through hard with a completely maxed out Aya, and it does make me worry about what Violent and Berzerk will be like.

Seems that I need to practise those cool combos then... could be a frustrating weekend ahead!!! Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but my attempts so far at mastering the cool combos have been pathetic to say the least!!!!

Gotta have faith... ...this is one game I really want to 1K.
Violent may be tough but Berzerk was a piece of cake once I got the bracelet from beating Violent. You'll see what I meen.

Edit: So you play as Aya eh? Im a Saki player myself.... maybe I will post a poll on what your fav char is, Unless there already is one.

Last edited by Dracthor; 05-28-2009 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Just cause.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:32 AM   #11
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracthor View Post
Violent may be tough but Berzerk was a piece of cake once I got the bracelet from beating Violent. You'll see what I meen.

Edit: So you play as Aya eh? Im a Saki player myself.... maybe I will post a poll on what your fav char is, Unless there already is one.
Ooooh, sounds intriguing. If I can make it through Violent. Or Hard, even.

I concentrated on Aya because I disliked Saki's normal X button combo, the one which ends in her 'bumping' into enemies, and she makes a really annoying 'tsch' sound. That was my hardcore strategy behind the decision.

Right, I'm off to vote for Aya!

Old 05-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #12
Ted de Braak

I want to thank you Dractor for your great tip! I thought I would be stuck on 780 points with this game. It took me awhile to figure out the combo (for those who still have a hard time figuring out what to do: stand behind the boss, hit B,B (fast), wait a second or so, and then hit X), but when I knew what to do I was done in a few minutes. Once again: thank you for the 110 points!
Ted de Braak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:20 PM   #13
Dracthor

Dracthor's Gamercard
Glad I could help. I was suprised when I got the quest done this way. I guess its a good thing I got into the habit of skipping everything so I could get to the cages and bosses faster.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:32 PM   #14
ParoXyzm

paroXyzm's Gamercard
This might seem a bit off topic, but how exactly did you get to level 100 in hard? I just beat normal and I'm lvl 25. Would the best solution be to go back in normal and do the quests and gain exp at the same time, going to survival to grind, then going into hard? or is hard doable at lvl 25?

I'll probably figure this out soon enough, but I might as well pitch that out there incase I can get a thorough answer rather than guessing.

Last edited by ParoXyzm; 05-30-2009 at 12:38 PM.
ParoXyzm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:51 PM   #15
bp42069

bp42069's Gamercard
Berzerk was a breeze :P I got Saki and Anna to 100 by playing survival mode. I went up to 6-3 O.O

Aya from playing the story with her, Also I have the challenging bracelet (makes yellow orbs worth more) at level 3, it helps a lot at leveling.

Reiko is about 30, a work in progress.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #16
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParoXyzm View Post
This might seem a bit off topic, but how exactly did you get to level 100 in hard? I just beat normal and I'm lvl 25. Would the best solution be to go back in normal and do the quests and gain exp at the same time, going to survival to grind, then going into hard? or is hard doable at lvl 25?

I'll probably figure this out soon enough, but I might as well pitch that out there incase I can get a thorough answer rather than guessing.
Yeah, I boosted my characters by doing chapters for the quests, such as Genocider and Technical Master. In that way I had Aya all maxed out by the end of Normal. I'm now half way through Berzerk, with Saki and Annna both around 70.

Personally, I'm not too sure about using Survival... takes a very long time to get through!!!! You might be better off spamming chapter 1 over and over on a higher difficulty level... I got some fairly good results doing that, and you can rush through it in around a minute.

I don't know why, but... I love grinding! Never seems to bore me...

Old 06-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #17
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Berzerk was a breeze :P I got Saki and Anna to 100 by playing survival mode. I went up to 6-3 O.O

Aya from playing the story with her, Also I have the challenging bracelet (makes yellow orbs worth more) at level 3, it helps a lot at leveling.

Reiko is about 30, a work in progress.
Geezer... 6-3?!?!?! That's amazing!!!!!

Hats off to you!

How long did that take you? Took me over 2 hours just to do 1-56 !!!

Old 06-02-2009, 12:25 AM   #18
bp42069

bp42069's Gamercard
Quote:
Geezer... 6-3?!?!?! That's amazing!!!!!

Hats off to you!

How long did that take you? Took me over 2 hours just to do 1-56 !!!
I did it over a 2 week span or so, you can have interm saves for that mode, but any other save will overwrite it. Check it out, the Bonuses at the end are HUGE!!!

Old 06-04-2009, 07:31 AM   #19
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
I did it over a 2 week span or so, you can have interm saves for that mode, but any other save will overwrite it. Check it out, the Bonuses at the end are HUGE!!!

YouTube - Onechanbara Survival Mode
Woah... that's dedication!!! Amazing.

I wonder what is the furthest that anyone has got? Your attempt has to be up there...

Old 06-04-2009, 07:34 AM   #20
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Well, I finally got up the courage to try for the Cool achievement... Dracthor, that works like a charm, such a brilliant tip. This should be included in the achievement guide, no doubt.

Now for the small matter of Rampaging Baneful Blood!!!!!!

Old 06-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #21
Dracthor

Dracthor's Gamercard
Quote:
Well, I finally got up the courage to try for the Cool achievement... Dracthor, that works like a charm, such a brilliant tip. This should be included in the achievement guide, no doubt.

Now for the small matter of Rampaging Baneful Blood!!!!!!
The baneful blood thing was easyer then I thought it would be.
Glad I could help with the cool master.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:11 PM   #22
Grummy

Grumftheld's Gamercard
I have no idea how you people pull of those cool combo's without the meter underneath, I have no way to time them, no idea what the hell to do.

For me, these stupid cool combos have completely ruined an otherwise very pleasing gaming experience.

http://www.360voice.com/tag/Grumftheld

My First Guide!! Way of the Samurai 3
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...ai-3-us/guide/
If you have any questions, please pm me on here then send me a message on Live to let me know its here and I'll get to it asap.
Grummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:49 AM   #23
Ooyah

Ooyah's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grummy View Post
I have no idea how you people pull of those cool combo's without the meter underneath, I have no way to time them, no idea what the hell to do.

For me, these stupid cool combos have completely ruined an otherwise very pleasing gaming experience.
Hey Grummy!

Sorry to hear that cool combos are giving you grief... they caused me pain too. I posted a little tip for cool combos here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=152496

The above is useful for the Rampaging Baneful Blood achievement.

As for Cool Combo Master, as Dracthor pointed out, there is no need to use actual cool combos on that one... Saki's B attack (for some reason) counts as one. To pull it off, hit B, B, X. Try it in practice mode first. Note that it will not work on normal enemies... I spent ages trying to practice it on a normal zombie! Practice it against the same sort of enemy that appears at the end of level 1 and 15 (cannot remmeber what they are called now, sorry!). Also, you must be behind your target. Level 15 is the best place to do it for real. Just run past all of the regular enemies, then go for the bosses using only the B attack. Just make sure that you are *behind* the boss, else it will not work.

Hope this all helps, and the best of luck to you!

Last edited by Ooyah; 07-28-2009 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Extra info
Old 07-29-2009, 06:13 PM   #24
UPR Captain

Cart Lord's Gamercard
Truly genius my friend

UPR Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:04 PM   #25
True_Darkness

From the VOID's Gamercard
I would like to know if you can use this trick and lvl for all 3 lvl of cool master.
True_Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:22 AM   #26
NoiseCrime

NoiseCrime's Gamercard
Thank you so much for this, i'd given up ever getting cool master after trying all the previous posted methods. Most frustrating since it was the last achieve i need to 1k the game. Your method worked flawlessly although it did take me 3 goes to get the timing down.

As mentioned above, its important to press B and immediately B again, practically a double tap, then wait whilst Saki pulls back her sword and just before she starts to swing forward press X. Took me a little while to work this out in practice, I was doing B too slowly so just doing a normal X attack. Once you've got it worked out though you'll know as she does a horizontal slash, followed by a vertical jump down slash with that white-ish trail following her sword.

Anyway thanks again.

Although i'd forgotten that you needed to do this three times to get cool master. Looking at the quest page it appears the old lvl 11 method does work as i've got two of those and one lvl 15 'dot'. Oh well guess i wasn't as bad as I thought

Last edited by NoiseCrime; 09-30-2009 at 11:24 AM.
NoiseCrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:31 PM   #27
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
you are my hero, thank you. Finished that quest in like 10 seconds. easy peasy :-)
Old 12-21-2009, 03:15 AM   #28
MakoAoyama

MakoAoyama's Gamercard
Hey, thanks man. This worked like a charm. Took me a bit to get the timing down but I finally got it.

Wonder why the game counts this simple combo as a cool combo? That's odd.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:38 AM   #29
Sha

ShaTeanDar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Do you need to assign a certain number of points to Saki's skillbar before being able to do this combo? I've tried this in practice mode a few times, but it seems like she's unable to do the B-B---X combo..
Old 01-05-2010, 10:44 AM   #30
Cringer85

Cringer85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
Do you need to assign a certain number of points to Saki's skillbar before being able to do this combo? I've tried this in practice mode a few times, but it seems like she's unable to do the B-B---X combo..
Yes, you do! Just do it, when you have a full skill bar!