PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3: ODST
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-12-2008, 09:35 PM   #1
CobBab

Buy or Rent

I'm a big fan of the Halo series and play Halo 3 all the time, but I am debating whether or not I should buy Recon. After all, I usually only buy games with great online multiplayer and hard-to-get achievements. I should probably rent it since H3:Recon has the same online multiplayer as normal H3 (which i already have) and I should be able to get all the achievements in about a week, seeing how they will all be campaign related. Right? But on the other hand, I wouldnt feel like a loyal Halo fan without buying my own copy of it...
CobBab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:19 AM   #2
TatteredRagDoll

TatteredRagDoll's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
To me, being a loyal Halo fan has nothing to do with it anymore. I denounced my own "loyal fan status" after I finished the campaign for Halo 3. One of the biggest complaints about Halo 2 was how short it was, and considering that was one of the biggest complaints, I figured it would be remedied in the third installment. Oh man, was I sorely disappointed. When we, my husband and I, beat the game in about six hours, I lost a bit of respect for Bungie. The midnight release, the $130 Legendary Edition and even the Halo 3 edition 360 kinda felt like for nothing.

Personally, I don't care about multiplayer, because it is mostly douche bags and 11 year olds one finds online now a days. Halo 3 really brought nothing new to the table in that aspect either, so I was really hoping the campaign would come through to compensate.

With all that said, we probably won't be getting Halo Wars, and Recon will probably be a rent, or buy used off eBay. Bungie can 'ef off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire3540 View Post
I mean comon everyone knows africa is mainly comprised of African Americans....

TatteredRagDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:13 AM   #3
ClevelandRocks8

Send a message via AIM to ClevelandRocks8

ClevelandRocks8's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
It's not even gonna be the normal $60. Definitely a buy.

Fun before Achievements

ClevelandRocks8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 08:04 AM   #4
jason86586

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
should buy

more achievement, more campaign, and more maps
jason86586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 02:49 AM   #5
Vendetta

Send a message via MSN to Vendetta

Vendetta x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
it is a for sure buy for me. huge halo fan even if 2 & 3 were not up to par campaign wise with the first. plus being able to unlock new armor for online play is a big plus for me. and i would like ot have the full 1K in another halo game
Old 01-13-2009, 11:08 PM   #6
Insane Sugar Rush

ILikeItSoftcore's Gamercard
I'll buy it if its 40 bucks

Games looking forward to: Star Wars Battlefront 3

Games enjoying: Netflix and Happy Wars
Insane Sugar Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:59 AM   #7
afunk117

Buy buy buy buy buy. I want this game
afunk117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:26 PM   #8
The Weasel
Banned User

Halo 3 will be worth nothing after ODST is released, so sell Halo 3 now, play Halo Wars till ODST comes out, then buy ODST.
The Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:46 AM   #9
Reclaiming Dawn

Reclaiming Dawn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatteredRagDoll View Post
To me, being a loyal Halo fan has nothing to do with it anymore. I denounced my own "loyal fan status" after I finished the campaign for Halo 3. One of the biggest complaints about Halo 2 was how short it was, and considering that was one of the biggest complaints, I figured it would be remedied in the third installment. Oh man, was I sorely disappointed. When we, my husband and I, beat the game in about six hours, I lost a bit of respect for Bungie. The midnight release, the $130 Legendary Edition and even the Halo 3 edition 360 kinda felt like for nothing.

Personally, I don't care about multiplayer, because it is mostly douche bags and 11 year olds one finds online now a days. Halo 3 really brought nothing new to the table in that aspect either, so I was really hoping the campaign would come through to compensate.

With all that said, we probably won't be getting Halo Wars, and Recon will probably be a rent, or buy used off eBay. Bungie can 'ef off.
well, what difficulty did you play through on?
really, complaining about the developer for including different difficulties is kind of lame

there's skulls to find, campaign challenges to complete, all KINDS of different things you can do in co-op and forge. hours and hours and hours of gameplay. you play with your husband, right?

instead of getting all bent out of shape about a six hour playthrough, play through it again with different skulls on or with self-imposed rules like... only use certain weapons a for a certain amount of kills or reloads- "ok, we can only use ONE grenade in this level!' 'let's try to get kills with assassinations only'", et cetera. or start a timer and see how fast you two can do a speedrun.

or, y'know, explore. fuck around in the campaign, screw with the AI, try to get places you're not supposed to, do the Annual achievement!

hell, try to do as stylish a playthrough as you can in a level and watch it in theater. theater is cool.

there's almost endless possibilities in halo 3. it may not be the most realistic game or the most complicated but it's *fun*.

you don't spend 130$ on a game purely for the campaign. if you do you should REALLY be confident that you're going to play the hell out of it. there are so many other features in the game that it seems foolish to me to write off anythign with the name "halo" on it, just because you were able to play through the single player mode in six hours.
Reclaiming Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:55 PM   #10
The Weasel
Banned User

Buy it, comes with all the maps, it's awesome, and it's only 40$.
The Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #11
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
ODST yes.
All other maps yes.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:13 AM   #12
Heners

Send a message via MSN to Heners Send a message via Skype™ to Heners

ACL Heners's Gamercard
deffs a buy mateeeee
Old 04-12-2009, 02:59 AM   #13
General Khazard

Sangheilioz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclaiming Dawn View Post
well, what difficulty did you play through on?
really, complaining about the developer for including different difficulties is kind of lame

there's skulls to find, campaign challenges to complete, all KINDS of different things you can do in co-op and forge. hours and hours and hours of gameplay. you play with your husband, right?

instead of getting all bent out of shape about a six hour playthrough, play through it again with different skulls on or with self-imposed rules like... only use certain weapons a for a certain amount of kills or reloads- "ok, we can only use ONE grenade in this level!' 'let's try to get kills with assassinations only'", et cetera. or start a timer and see how fast you two can do a speedrun.

or, y'know, explore. fuck around in the campaign, screw with the AI, try to get places you're not supposed to, do the Annual achievement!

hell, try to do as stylish a playthrough as you can in a level and watch it in theater. theater is cool.

there's almost endless possibilities in halo 3. it may not be the most realistic game or the most complicated but it's *fun*.

you don't spend 130$ on a game purely for the campaign. if you do you should REALLY be confident that you're going to play the hell out of it. there are so many other features in the game that it seems foolish to me to write off anythign with the name "halo" on it, just because you were able to play through the single player mode in six hours.
Just to add to your response, Halo Wars is made by a different studio altogether and is an RTS game rather than a FPS, so writing it off because you disliked Halo 2 or 3 is just ignorant. Also, Halo 3: ODST is going to be COMPLETELY campaign-oriented. It's an EXPANSION not a full game, so it's like adding another mode. If you feel you didn't get your money's worth because of Halo 3's campaign, then this should remedy it as it's an entire new campaign for it.

Also, Reclaiming Dawn made a couple great points. With such advanced and awesome features as the Theater and Forge, it's almost understandable that the campaign is a little on the shorter side. There's only so much space on a disk, you know?
General Khazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:13 AM   #14
ToXiCRalN

ToXiCRalN's Gamercard
Im a Halo fan so it would be a buy. And the game might come with the 3 other maps.
ToXiCRalN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #15
ASJ07

ASJ07's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weasel View Post
Buy it, comes with all the maps, it's awesome, and it's only 40$.
It is going to be $60.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:33 AM   #16
Gun-Nut

darksynopsis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I like halo enough to buy it just playing Halo 3 Campaign again Co-op and still fun so imagine ODST will be great co-op and Firefight mode shall be awesome

Don't forget new achievements
Gun-Nut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:01 PM   #17
Ketama Gold

TSR Ketama Gold's Gamercard
we can't rent in holland ( F%$#@!#) !
So i have to buy the game but i think it's gonna be worth it.

Shake it, don't break it
Ketama Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:57 PM   #18
ASJ07

ASJ07's Gamercard
If you want to get in the Halo Reach Beta, buy Halo 3 ODST.