Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3: ODST
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-14-2009, 11:08 AM   #31
Xboxster_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megafones View Post
There will DEFINATELY be Halo 4, as mentioned previously, the 'secret' Legendary ending of Halo 3, shows Master Chief drifting off towards the planet now known as Black Onyx. This planet houses larges ammounts of other Spartans, yes, there are more. One of which is female, and she designed Cortana in the likeness of herself, so perhaps even a little romance twist with the new title ?

Bungie have sold the rights to Halo, so it's all under the wing of Microsoft Game Studios, and you can be sure that they are milking this game as much as humanly possible. There are several titles for decade ahead all based both loosely and heavily on Halo. Halo 3: Recon, is of course the ODST title we had all been wondering about, Halo Wars is almost like the in-between title, and Halo 4 is probably coming next. So be prepared.
Sounds good but I seen some Halo 3 vids and they were talking about the story and yeah. They said this is the final Halo and the end of the trilogy.

Yeah, but maybe a new trilogy??? nah jokes but. I like your idea Megafones
Xboxster_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:25 AM   #32
General Khazard

Sangheilioz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megafones View Post
There will DEFINATELY be Halo 4, as mentioned previously, the 'secret' Legendary ending of Halo 3, shows Master Chief drifting off towards the planet now known as Black Onyx. This planet houses larges ammounts of other Spartans, yes, there are more. One of which is female, and she designed Cortana in the likeness of herself, so perhaps even a little romance twist with the new title ?

Bungie have sold the rights to Halo, so it's all under the wing of Microsoft Game Studios, and you can be sure that they are milking this game as much as humanly possible. There are several titles for decade ahead all based both loosely and heavily on Halo. Halo 3: Recon, is of course the ODST title we had all been wondering about, Halo Wars is almost like the in-between title, and Halo 4 is probably coming next. So be prepared.
So many corrections so little time...

First, Bungie has stated that the Master Chief's story arc is completed, so no H4 in the sense that we won't be playing as the Chief again.

Second, We don't know what the planetoid was that he was drifting towards, but the microdyson sphere that Dr. Halsey and the other Spartans are in is inside of a "slipspace bubble", so unless the ship is in slipspace, they couldn't be drifting towards it.

Third, yes there are other Spartans, but I wouldn't call it a large amount. There are a few SPARTAN-IIs and a handful of SPARTAN-IIIs inside the microdyson sphere as well as Dr. Halsey.

Fourth, Dr. Halsey is NOT a Spartan, though she is considered the "mother" of the SPARTAN programs. Yes, Cortana was created from a clone of her brain, but as Spartans basically get neutered as part of their training, I HIGHLY doubt there will be any kind of romance here, especially since Halsey is much older than the Spartans, including the Chief.

Fifth, Bungie never had the rights to Halo, it's always belonged to Microsoft. Bungie used to be owned by Microsoft, but they've since split off to form their own studio.

Sixth, Halo Wars takes place before Halo 1, 5 years after the initial contact with the Covenant, but before the Battle of Reach. The game lasts for an unknown amount of time, but is thought to end around the time of Halo 2/3.

I think I hit all of the important things I felt needed clearing up, so go back to your discussions.
General Khazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:57 PM   #33
thegamingspoon

Send a message via MSN to thegamingspoon

BlessedPizza's Gamercard
I didn't read the whole topic, or the halo novels

What about... ERRM... an explaination to where are the other spartans go, i like the prequel idea, it'll be difficults 'cos all the weapons will have to go like in Halo CE, on the plus the magnum will kick ass again, two handed needler, but no gravity hammers, missile pods, stick grenades, fire grenades.... It'd be too complex
thegamingspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:03 PM   #34
thegamingspoon

Send a message via MSN to thegamingspoon

BlessedPizza's Gamercard
Quote:
Sixth, Halo Wars takes place before Halo 1, 5 years after the initial contact with the Covenant, but before the Battle of Reach. The game lasts for an unknown amount of time, but is thought to end around the time of Halo 2/3.
P.S. He means it was made to keep people interested in Halo

There right to do so, halo 3 came out in 2007, two years later there still making new maps? They're just stalling the end when they'll be no new halo games, books or movies
thegamingspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #35
xXGLxDASOLIDER

xXGLxDASOLIDER's Gamercard
I think they should make a Halo:The Covenant where you play as the covenant invading earth and stuff.Maybee also a back story to the arbiter.And the next game is Halo Reach coming out Fall 2010

xXGLxDASOLIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:28 AM   #36
Incoherently

Incoherently's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXGLxDASOLIDER View Post
And the next game is Halo Reach coming out Fall 2010

Actually this thread was refering to Halo 3: Recon, now ODST. This is why you shouldn't bump things from nearly a year ago...
Incoherently is offline   Reply With Quote