Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-29-2009, 01:44 PM   #391
Gatsu

Shin Gatsurai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TentacleMayor View Post
A question to experienced achievement hunters... I want to get all the points from Far Cry 2 and realise it could take a long time... considering how many players are on multiplayer, is it going to be particularly hard finding people to play with and to get the achievements?
Let's put it this way:

On the multiplayer you will find ranked matches being played but not many at the same time, teamstacking i.e - Mostly ppl over rank 15 on 1 side w/ mostly ppl under rank 10 on the other which translates as seasoned veterans w/ good guns & upgrades V greenhorns w/ suckage weapons & no upgrades.

If you're in the latter it's gonna be tough to get the all weapons upgrades achievement & level 30 achievement.

Another thing, some times when you play the host is a tool, he will sit there for 10 minutes before even starting a match when everyone wants to play. yeah you will probably spend more time in the lobby w/ ppl voting on constant team shuffling & map changing than actually playing the match.

Hosts that will ban you just because they can.

It's a real headache, your best bet is to get some ppl to boost w/ & start there, get your weapons upgraded like this then hit up ranked as you'll be on a level playing field w/ the high rankers once you have the accuracy & ammo upgrades on your most used weapons & well do the same on the weapons you'll never use as some weapons just plain suck.

BTW, finding a room w/ ppl that you wanna boost w/ is easy as pie.

P.S - If you want to boost, send a message to my account on xbox.com or whatever.
Gatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:26 AM   #392
Th33Troop33r

Th33Troop33r's Gamercard
Hey i found a better map ( i think ) http://www.msxbox-world.com/features.../index.php#top it mostly has everything except buddies
Th33Troop33r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:47 AM   #393
oDEADDOGo

oDEADDOGo's Gamercard
Can I still save the Buddy in SEDIKO after I have gone to the prison? Cause I'm looking for him/her after and I can't find them.....Never mind. I just started a new game.

Last edited by oDEADDOGo; 09-06-2009 at 05:25 AM.
oDEADDOGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:39 PM   #394
Psycho Chickan

Send a message via ICQ to Psycho Chickan Send a message via MSN to Psycho Chickan Send a message via Skype™ to Psycho Chickan

Chickan117's Gamercard
Thanks man, I've been searching everywhere for the following lines
Quote:
There are 112 cases in the North Island
4 cases in the Desert
105 cases in South Island
and you saved me having to count up the lists in guides to get em

Plus, of course, the number of Jackal Tapes
Quote:
North
1 00. Infamy
2 01. Smuggling
3 02. Circulation
4 03. Economics
5 04. Home
6 05. Rat-Catcher
7 06. Career Counseling
8 07. Stability
9 08. The Humanist

South
10 09. Stealing Boots
11 10. Gluten-Free
12 11. Necessary Evil
13 12. Lion's Share
14 13. Unrecognizable
15 14. Gutshot
16 15. No Sense
17 16. Numbers
These lists make it so easy to check how I'm doing towards the achievements before moving on with main missions!

You'd think there would be tons of simple checklists somewhere online wouldn't you!?! :P For those of us that didn't want a full walkthru but didn't want to miss any steps and have to replay for an achievement!

Thank you again
Old 09-12-2009, 03:12 AM   #395
TentacleMayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
Let's put it this way:

On the multiplayer you will find ranked matches being played but not many at the same time, teamstacking i.e - Mostly ppl over rank 15 on 1 side w/ mostly ppl under rank 10 on the other which translates as seasoned veterans w/ good guns & upgrades V greenhorns w/ suckage weapons & no upgrades.

If you're in the latter it's gonna be tough to get the all weapons upgrades achievement & level 30 achievement.

Another thing, some times when you play the host is a tool, he will sit there for 10 minutes before even starting a match when everyone wants to play. yeah you will probably spend more time in the lobby w/ ppl voting on constant team shuffling & map changing than actually playing the match.

Hosts that will ban you just because they can.

It's a real headache, your best bet is to get some ppl to boost w/ & start there, get your weapons upgraded like this then hit up ranked as you'll be on a level playing field w/ the high rankers once you have the accuracy & ammo upgrades on your most used weapons & well do the same on the weapons you'll never use as some weapons just plain suck.
Yeah, that's my experience with the multiplayer, but despite the criticisms, I just can't let go of this game, I'm addicted. I'll go for the multiplayer achievements and just hope there will be people playing it long enough for me to get everything without having to wait 30 minutes for each match. Just sucks that so many hosts insist on getting 16 people in order to start.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:29 AM   #396
t3rm3y

t3rm3y's Gamercard
i been playing online last couple days, i have noticed that teams are fairly evened out, (TD) it just allocates the next player that joins to the team a, then next person to team b and keeps doing that until both teams have same number of players.
it seems slow to gain points and i doubt ill keep at it to get to rank 30, im on rank 6, (and was up to half way through rank 4 when i originally stopped playing). and often the game ends as it says "server no longer available" or something similar.
but still quite enjoyable.
t3rm3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:28 PM   #397
Harry Lloyd

THU31's Gamercard
My team just one an 8 vs 8 match, no achievement for me. Is that a confirmed way of getting it?

It's also sick that it checks the number of players at the end, and not at the beginning. In almost every match there's someone who quits.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:23 AM   #398
Asquared11

Im willing to boost with anybosy in this game. Please send me a message or a post on this thread if ur intrested. My gt: Asquared11

Thx
Asquared11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:11 AM   #399
SentineL

IXI EXiLE IXI's Gamercard
Ok so I'm out looking for the diamonds and I've come across one the is in the private property area on top of a garage or some small building and it will not let me open it so if anyone could help me with this if there is some special way to open this particular case.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:40 AM   #400
bendermac

bendermac's Gamercard
just wanted to say thanks for this guide and psycho chickan's checklist. you guys helped me get the 650gs in one run
bendermac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:55 AM   #401
CallSignMavrick

OhmsFutility's Gamercard
I just played through the game for the first time. I completed everything 100%. Did all side missions, subverted all missions, found all diamonds, bought all items at the weapon shop, and am still lacking the Weapons Expert and Cold Blooded achievements. Any ideas or should i just go back to my old saves and try to play the second half of the game again?
CallSignMavrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:25 AM   #402
agord2407

Farcry 2 Boosting

Looking for people to boost kills and exp. I need many of the achievements like 500 revives and most revives in a match. If interested send me a message on xbox live or add me to your friends list.

agord2407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:02 PM   #403
Anji

xx anji xx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Just to save some people 10-hours, you don't have to do your buddy side missions in the bar. Those are not Buddy missions, when you subvert a mission.... that is a buddy mission.

Also, not sure what your Rep does. When your nobody(level 1)
everybody wants to kill you because they don't know who you are. Conversely, when you are somebody(level 5) everybody wants to kill you because they know who you are!!!!!!!!!!

Great ending though, didn't see it coming.

Anji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:44 PM   #404
Psycho Chickan

Send a message via ICQ to Psycho Chickan Send a message via MSN to Psycho Chickan Send a message via Skype™ to Psycho Chickan

Chickan117's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji View Post
Just to save some people 10-hours, you don't have to do your buddy side missions in the bar. Those are not Buddy missions, when you subvert a mission.... that is a buddy mission.

Also, not sure what your Rep does. When your nobody(level 1)
everybody wants to kill you because they don't know who you are. Conversely, when you are somebody(level 5) everybody wants to kill you because they know who you are!!!!!!!!!!
Originally the buddy missions and rep were meant to directly affect how people reacted to you and your options in a mission. I guess it must have got too hard or they ran out of time or something because it never made it into the final game. Your alleigence to each buddy depending on saving their lives, completing missions etc is shown in the menus but it doesn't affect anything. Also your rep, as you said, does next to stuff all. It is fun to pull a gun on someone in a safe area though and watch the guys cower. Very rewarding.

Wish they'd finished implementing it properly. This game could've been so great but it felt like they got the groundwork done then rushed the rest (repetetive missions and rep system not meaningful)
Old 02-26-2010, 06:17 PM   #405
darthsylly

darthsylly's Gamercard
i'm just playing this now! great guide, it's a huge help.

one little note - on the list of buddy locations it says:

Quote:
Buddy 3. Mission 8 UFFL Main Mission.
however i got this through an APR mission. at the time UFLL weren't giving me any missions and i got a little worried that i'd switched sides too soon and had missed out on getting this last buddy. turns out i was wrong! that line in the guide is a little misleading i think.

hope that helps!
darthsylly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:41 PM   #406
NEURAL PARASITE

good

great guide!!!!
NEURAL PARASITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:56 PM   #407
Onyok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomscfc View Post
Can some one update this? The multikills for manuals are wrong...
Yes, anyone please? Cuz my tally sheet pointed out that I'm completely done (likes of RPG-7 & IED) but the bar isn't still filled up for each respectively weapon.

TIA!

Onyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:10 AM   #408
Mgetter

MGetter's Gamercard
question: ive played through half the game, deleted it because it was glitched to the point i couldnt save it. im about to start up again. in terms of achievements, i was at the halfway point, getting most northern cheeves (if not all) and the only one in the south being to hit all the convoys. is there anything i need to do again specifically or anything i can skip in order to speed up playing? do i need to, say, hit all the convoys since ive done that? ive gotten the subvert all miss. for the north. do i need to do them again or only in the south?

also, is it easier to get all the tapes/diamonds while still in the north or get them all at the end? also also, what about the 4 diamonds in that middle region between north and south? ive read i need to get those before passing on. thanks

and finally, can anybody describe the glitched achievement(s) for me that can affect later achievement(s)? i missed it on here last time and DONT want to play through all this again to get it.

thanks for any and all help given.
Mgetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:13 AM   #409
Nemecis

Spirit Of F1re's Gamercard
----resolved----

Alright, from what the guide tells me there are 112 diamond Cases in the North...I have 111 and cant seem to find the 112th. I have triple-checked every region so I doubt I missed one.

My only guess is in the top right of the map in Oasis, that mission where you go down some ladders, I'm pretty sure a case is there. Does that count towards the 221 overall? I'm almost positive I picked it up but that's the only thing I can think of stopping me from getting 112

-------------

AGH. Somehow even after looking over the map a hundred times I missed the diamond out in the desert(north east region)

Last edited by Nemecis; 05-07-2010 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Resolved
Nemecis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:52 AM   #410
DJ Pea

DJ Pea's Gamercard
Are these achievements really as diabolical as everyone says? The guide looks good, might even start playing this game now as it's been in my collection for nearly a year and it's still sealed.
DJ Pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:41 PM   #411
KingGoomba19

Hey,

Just wanted to know whether an achievement would work in this scenario...

1st playthrough, I don't realize that there are region specific achievements and you can't go back, so I am in the South and I realize that I missed many.....I do all the Missions in the south and get the achievements.....If there are some achievements were you have to do things in both regions such as "The Third Faction", if I save all the buddies in the South and then re-start a new campaign, and save them all in the North does the achievements activate?

Thanks!

Last edited by KingGoomba19; 05-26-2010 at 02:49 PM.
KingGoomba19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:11 AM   #412
CRDMUDRUNNER

CTDMUDRUNNER's Gamercard
Cant find my last buddy? or did I already find him? On my mission 8 i went to the APR. and i go to fresh fish and the buddy house is unenterable. When i look at my stats thouhg it says i have found 6 buddies. Am i good?
CRDMUDRUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:23 PM   #413
L0Straniero91

L0Straniero91's Gamercard
I think you should correct the multikills in the "guide".

RPG-7, Carl G, IED and M79 need 100 multikills.

The MGL "just" 250.
L0Straniero91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:44 PM   #414
Evo Kazz

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Some of those weapon stats are way off, every weapon has 3 digits, so 10 = 100. Also the other numbers are slightly off it seems, most was correct, but about 3 weapons required about 50 extra kills or executions.

Evo Kazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:40 AM   #415
Flamezz

PhoenixFlamezz's Gamercard
Hello Everyone!

I am hosting a match for the War Party Achievement - Win a match with 16 players (Ranked Match)

I will be hosting it this weekend on Saturday 6pm GMT Aslong as everyone is avaliable if not. It will be Sunday 6pm GMT

1. PhoenixFlamezz

Feel free to send me a FR with a message. Tell your friends and that too add themselves too the list if they want this Thanks!
Flamezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:15 AM   #416
greenrent

Nice post...Thank you very much!!......
greenrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:43 PM   #417
Ayumi

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Thanks for the big help here !!
Ayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #418