PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-19-2009, 09:05 PM   #1
Lord Terentius

Send a message via MSN to Lord Terentius Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Terentius

Lord Terentius's Gamercard
"Veteran Gear" unlocking in Public Guardian video

Enjoy my video guys

- Part 1

- Part 2

Now... onto Halo 3's 1750.

If you could rate the vids, that'll be great.

Thanks guys

LT
Lord Terentius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
WyldeWolf

PHX Shado's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I like your style of play in keeping to the hammerburst and not being a shotgun whore, but you do rush to much I think. Otheerwise though gr8 work, and congrats on the 100.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #3
Lord Terentius

Send a message via MSN to Lord Terentius Send a message via Skype™ to Lord Terentius

I know... that's always been a major weakness of mine. Even though I get 2020 points a match on Guardian, my K/D is only 1.8.

It's the price you pay I guess for being overly aggressive and EXP hungry.

I'm just so glad its finally over and I can take it easy and celebrate... by playing a different game!!
Old 09-19-2009, 10:44 PM   #4
WyldeWolf

PHX Shado's Gamercard

Yeah I definitely know what you mean about the exp hunger. Online you can't really play the game tactically if you want to get a large number of points, which sucks.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:31 AM   #5
ZanKioH

Just popping in to say congrats

I went to watch video but its buffering really slow cos my family are all on comps as well >.> I'll check it out later!

ZanKioH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:40 AM   #6
Lord Terentius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanKioH View Post
Just popping in to say congrats

I went to watch video but its buffering really slow cos my family are all on comps as well >.> I'll check it out later!

Cheers dude. You've been a great help. Just give me a shout out when you are about to unlock your Vet Gear. It'll be great to be there too

I've actually got really itchy fingers for GoW 2 though. Should I give into temptation or just head back to Halo 3?!? Hmm..
Old 09-20-2009, 10:10 AM   #7
mauleriscool

you did all that on double xp horde?
mauleriscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:11 AM   #8
Seddo

SEDD0's Gamercard
Congrats on the level 100 cheevo LT.

Like i said, i wish i had that much patience to grind out to level 100

What game you getting next?
Old 09-20-2009, 08:15 PM   #9
Lord Terentius

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauleriscool View Post
you did all that on double xp horde?
When I no longer had the patience to deal with the constant cheating that I always end up being exposed too, then yes.

Like I said, if I had gone into a public match after the end of double EXP I wouldn't be awarded with it if I wasn't host.

Horde boosting is less stressful and lag-free compared to constant public matches.

Besides, on average we received about 27-30000 EXP an hour with Double EXP horde.

No matter how good you are, unless you bridge host you'll never get that sort of return in public matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seddo View Post
Congrats on the level 100 cheevo LT.

Like i said, i wish i had that much patience to grind out to level 100

What game you getting next?
Thanks Seddo :-)

I'm just glad its over with. If I were to play non-stop public matches it'll take me until next august before I got the Veteran Gear. That is, if I didn't become so annoyed with the MP issues that I would have thrown the game in the bin.

After I 1750 Halo 3 I'll probably move onto Lost Odyssey. that's one game I've been meaning to complete for some time now and I've heard nothing but good things about it. Any other games you can recommend? In particular... single player games?

Last edited by Lord Terentius; 09-20-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:19 PM   #10
stawman uk

stawman uk's Gamercard
try and 1k ninja gaiden 2 if you havnt played it.that game sorts the men from the babies
stawman uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:25 PM   #11
Seddo

SEDD0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Terentius View Post
Any other games you can recommend? In particular... single player games?
I recommend getting your hands on Fallout 3 very soon, the GOTY edition is out pretty soon so you won't have to pay for any of the DLC either, awesome game from the creators of Oblivion (i think) which you've also played so you should like it.

Then Batman Arkham Asylum has just come out and again that is an awesome game.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:00 AM   #12
HalfEVILmonkey

HalfEVILmonkey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Congrats on 100 my man...sure wish I was there but I got a ways to go. Only a 76 right now.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:50 AM   #13
PureTechniquex

Send a message via Skype™ to PureTechniquex

SK Diabolic's Gamercard

Nice one LT, my 100 will come eventually but im in no rush for it.
PureTechniquex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:18 PM   #14
Removefromme

Removefromme's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by stawman uk View Post
try and 1k ninja gaiden 2 if you havnt played it.that game sorts the men from the babies
Or how much you want to play a terrible game?

Removefromme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:44 PM   #15
Xterma

Xterma Nader's Gamercard
nice shit, ill be gettin mine pretty soon
Old 09-21-2009, 11:14 PM   #16
tremberz

tremberz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Well done you can 2-piece like every other useless player on Gears 2... congrats on the level 100 though, you must play alot.

Gears of War Veteran
Seriously - unlocked 6/6/07
Seriously 2.0- unlocked 2/2/10
Seriously 3.0- unlocked 21/3/13

Total Online Kills - 150,000+

tremberz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:27 PM   #17
WyldeWolf

PHX Shado's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremberz View Post
Well done you can 2-piece like every other useless player on Gears 2... congrats on the level 100 though, you must play alot.
I don't remember seeing any 2-piecing in the vid, just a lot of hammy using which I respect. Although I did skip a lot of it, so correct me if I'm wrong. Someone else would anyway since this is the internet.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:34 AM   #18
Lord Terentius

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremberz View Post
Well, I only ever used it once in the video, right before my leader died when it was 2-2 (in the seconds vid)..

Just 20 seconds after that, I shot RAAM point blank (no 2-piecing) with the shotty with no effect what so ever.

I personally hate using the shotty (and 2 piecing especially) because it relies so much on host/good connections. The lag was so bad even with the host just being from Spain that none of my shotgun hits registered. When you're faced with such an unfair advantage due to nothing else but who has host its understandable that most players out there are forced to use it.

That's why I use the hammerburst. Hell, its not my fault when someone with a shotgun still can't kill me point blank when I've got the hammy out in their face.

I'm just grateful I don't need to play the MP again. I'll stick to playing horde with my mates.

Last edited by Lord Terentius; 09-22-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:40 PM   #19
rdowdy95

Shemp Howard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
OMG! 2 LEGIT Guys get Level 100 in Same gAmE??!?!

This is amazing!!! These two guys got their level 100's in the same game. Two LEGIT LEVEL 99's going for their 100!!! With some crazy commentary from the Great Legend Shemp Howard!!! HILARIOUS!!!!
Part 1:
Part 2:
rdowdy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:02 PM   #20
Burning Karma

Send a message via MSN to Burning Karma

Burning Karma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowdy95 View Post
This is amazing!!! These two guys got their level 100's in the same game. Two LEGIT LEVEL 99's going for their 100!!! With some crazy commentary from the Great Legend Shemp Howard!!! HILARIOUS!!!!
Don't you guys have a thread about this already?

"Lived, lives, will live."
"Died, dies, will die."
Burning Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:00 PM   #21
Xterma

Xterma Nader's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowdy95 View Post
Part 1: YouTube - Veteran Gear Achievement x2 (Part 1 of 2)
Part 2: YouTube - Veteran Gear Achievement x2 (Part 2 of 2)
Take ur garbage back to ur own thread man, dont come in here ruining this guys great moment, at least he really EARNED it. Plzz show some respect, u call urself the gr8 legend for THIS, thats full of cowshit
Old 10-03-2009, 05:23 PM   #22
Lord Terentius

The main reason I created these vids was to prove that my Veteran Gear was done without the need for glitching/cheating/bridging host.

There was no need to repost your videos on other people's thread. I'm sure you would not have appreciated it if somebody else did the same to you. Besides I would have been more than willing to let this thread go... there are always plenty of other games to play and complete.

PS - Xterma... I can't thank you enough for giving the idea about gaining EXP via horde the way you did until Creech locked that thread. It really helped not only myself and EliteHitokiri (one of my other buddies who unlocked Vet Gear) but plenty of others as well.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:47 PM   #23
MaSoNaRy22

Inbred Peanut's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
congrats on the level 100, you have inspired me to play the game a little more. can i ask what did you play before horde start giving out xp?

MaSoNaRy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:41 PM   #24
Lord Terentius

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSoNaRy22 View Post
congrats on the level 100, you have inspired me to play the game a little more. can i ask what did you play before horde start giving out xp?
Guardian... loads and loads of guardian until about level 70 where I realised enough was enough.

I actually started off playing annex but realised that with a 24% EXP multiplier I was getting only 1300EXp for 30 minutes of gameply (I averaged about 5350 points per Annex match).

Then I started playing guardian when I started hitting the high 40's low 50's in level because of the better EXP multiplier (it's about 82/83% now).

I had pretty crap stats when I started off with a K/D around 0.5, but they started picking up after that. Even though my K/D is now only 1.8, I'm happy that I averaged about 2020 EXP per game. I suppose it was because I was so EXP hungry that I always had the attitude that getting 1-2 kills everytime you died once was worth it.

I went in solo most of the time and didn't quit out, but I'm rather pleased I've played about 800 odd matches and won much more than I've lost.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:58 AM   #25
McDurbin

llDurbinll's Gamercard

Quote:
When I no longer had the patience to deal with the constant cheating that I always end up being exposed too, then yes.

Like I said, if I had gone into a public match after the end of double EXP I wouldn't be awarded with it if I wasn't host.

Horde boosting is less stressful and lag-free compared to constant public matches.

Besides, on average we received about 27-30000 EXP an hour with Double EXP horde

No matter how good you are, unless you bridge host you'll never get that sort of return in public matches.
Holy crap dude! Boosting horde for your wings? I'd never have the patience to boost on horde. How long did it take? It took me nearly two and a half months of boosting guardian to get my wings.

I guess that is true when you are from the UK. Which sucks, epic has no clue on how to do a region filter so you have to play against americans and other countries. Me and my team didn't bridge/force host or cheat in any form to get our wings but I guess there are more americans playing so we got matched against them more often. I didn't start boosting till I was a 69, which was when I got tired of the inconsistencies of this game.

Extremely Serious
Check out my video guide for South Park:Tenorman's Revenge. Gold Time and collectibles,Click Here
McDurbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:07 PM   #26
TrueCrusader17

TrueCrusader17's Gamercard
Congrats on the level 100 and 100% GoW2.
I still got a long way to go but I'll get there eventually lol
TrueCrusader17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:39 AM   #27
Lord Terentius

@ McDurbin

Surprisingly... not that long. About 1.5 months if I remember. I always had a sloid crew of about 12-18 players who were keen on boosting with me, so it really wasn't an issue. Even before the Labour day weekend, I had managed to hit level 82 just playing regular horde on insane. But the 2 weeks I managed to have with 2x EXP helped me earn my wings.

I think if someone is willing to leave their 360 on for a month, they could very well earn their level 100 just by playing horde.

As for the region-filtering... yet again another broken promise from EPIC. When I was playing Halo 3, I had team-mates and friends from literally all over the planet. 1 from Japan, 2 or 3 from the states and of course the odd European all in the same team in BTB. Almost lag-free considering.

These videos were taken against a Spanish host (just over 900-1000 miles away). Then you saw how laggy it was. Of course for a game to rely so heavily on host advantage is a major weakness on EPIC's part.

@TrueCrusader17
Many thanks mate. I think the key thing no matter what you do, is find yourself a good team/boosting team and making sure you stick with it. Aim for a target of say... 200-250,000 EXP weekly. Before I went for GoW 2 boosting I always aimed for a minimum of 250,000 EXP weekly (playing solo on matchmaking).
Old 02-26-2010, 06:51 PM   #28
R3vengeance

R3vengeance's Gamercard
Big congrats to you, that's a hell of an achievement.

It's really great to see that there's a video of 100 on YouTube that's actually about getting the achievement legit, and seeing it pop on the screen, rather than a "Gears 2: How to glitch level 100." If you were to search for "Gears 2 level 100," 99% would be glitch. Yours (thus far) stands alone.

Kudos on the legitimacy.
R3vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:26 PM   #29
xdiamondxinfernox
Banned User

diamondxinferno's Gamercard
kantus!!!!!!!!!
xdiamondxinfernox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:37 PM   #30
tremberz

tremberz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:

Besides, on average we received about 27-30000 EXP an hour with Double EXP horde.

I don't know, I got over 100k in a day when I was 99 playing online warzone. Getting about 4-6k for a 10 minute game made the last level go very quick. That's probably over 30k an hour, especially the last hour I needed like 40k and after a few games I had level 100. And I never hosted either.

Gears of War Veteran
Seriously - unlocked 6/6/07
Seriously 2.0- unlocked 2/2/10
Seriously 3.0- unlocked 21/3/13

Total Online Kills - 150,000+

tremberz is offline   Reply With Quote