PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Army of Two: The 40th Day
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-13-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
40th day release date

http://zoknowsgaming.com/2009/08/13/...ayreleasedate/
Quote:

EA announced ARMY OF TWO™: THE 40th DAY will ship on January 12, 2010 in North America and January 8, 2010 in Europe. The 40th Day is the sequel to the 2008 multi-platinum co-op shooter that sees the return of the ultimate two-man private military team, Salem and Rios.Trapped in the middle of Shanghai as it falls under attack, the two must work as a team to survive relentless enemy assaults and escape the city collapsing around them. Gamers who pre-order* ARMY OF TWO: THE 40th DAY now will have exclusive access to the game’s all-new explosive multi-player mode, ‘Extraction,’ at launch. This mode will be unlocked for all other players one month after the game ships.
ARMY OF TWO: THE 40th DAY features a more robust and redesigned multiplayer experience with four unique multiplayer modes including ‘Extraction’. ‘Extraction’ pits a team of four players against a series of unique enemy waves as they move from point to point in the ruined city. Players must strategize as a unified team to combat the different forces of the 40th Day Initiative while trying to get out alive.
In ARMY OF TWO: THE 40th DAY, private military contractors, Salem and Rios must fight their way through Shanghai to survive a carefully orchestrated series of catastrophes that are dragging the massive city to the brink of ruin. Jonah, the mastermind behind the 40th Day Initiative, has amassed an army of skilled soldiers to level the city in his attempt to rebuild an empire according to his vision and ideals. Now, the Army of Two must fight their way through ravaged city districts as they try to beat the odds.
Wow, 2010 looks like to be a good year for gaming, this and a lot of good titles have been pushed back to then.

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:46 PM   #2
my_name_is_gabe

my name is gabe's Gamercard
Yeah i was hoping it was going to release late december before the holidays, but January 12 isn't that far from there. Seems like they fixed many of the problems, and they added more features. So i can't wait for this game. Oh and Battlefield Bad company 2 comes out 2010 I can't wait.
my_name_is_gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
ITD Soldierboy

oO H3RO1C Oo's Gamercard
I wish they would of released it on February 9th. Its the 40th day of the year, and its a Tuesday, the day of the week when American media is released, it would of been a perfect day, especially a nice promotional thing.

Join me on November 8th, 2011 in a friendly game of Battlefield 3 as we watch the threads pile up about how bad Modern Warfare 3 is and how millions still buy it!

October 25th - The day when a true online warfare gaming experience is released!
ITD Soldierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:19 AM   #4
p-willy52j-morgan84

frank49gore8's Gamercard
Wasn't really into gaming when the 1st came out. Will I need to have played the first for this to make sense? Because this looks good.
p-willy52j-morgan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:29 AM   #5
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
hmm january eh ok
Old 10-02-2009, 02:32 AM   #6
My Gamertag is Papa Skull
Banned User

Papa Skull's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Wasn't really a big fan of Army of Two.

I may get the second one for the hell of it. If the achievements are suitable.
My Gamertag is Papa Skull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:31 AM   #7
Thorpe

A Place for Us's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-willy52j-morgan84 View Post
Wasn't really into gaming when the 1st came out. Will I need to have played the first for this to make sense? Because this looks good.
Why don't you pick it now? Maybe a rental will do if you're just purely interested in going through it once (doesn't take too long on standard difficulty).
Old 10-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #8
DFizzle720

DFizzle720's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Gamertag is Papa Skull View Post
Wasn't really a big fan of Army of Two.

I may get the second one for the hell of it. If the achievements are suitable.
It might be helpful to get used to the control scheme by at least renting the first one. Unless they changed the controls drastically. There are some subtle differences between AOT and other simliar games that can take some getting used to.

I'm looking forward to this.
DFizzle720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 05:06 PM   #9
EASpenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFizzle720 View Post
Unless they changed the controls drastically. There are some subtle differences between AOT and other simliar games that can take some getting used to.
The controls have been changed a bunch. Many of the functions are the same as similar titles, although there are still some that are unique to AO2 (although many of them have on-screen prompts now). If you're a shooter fan you shouldn't have a problem just picking it up.
EASpenser is offline   Reply With Quote