PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Rainbow Islands: Towering Adventure
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #1
Aphrodite1

Sublimosis's Gamercard
Speedy Climber help!

Anyone got any more tips for this achievement? I'm having an insanely hard time trying to do this. I've read the guide and subsequent posts and tried the rainbow jump method but can't seem to get a good rhythm going. I know level 1 is the easiest, but what route up are people taking?

Anyone seen a video of a run of this, can't find one on youtube? Also for those who have done it, how did you hold the controller? I can't get it to work using my right thumb, I'm pressing jump then the rainbow button alternately each with a seperate finger.

Currently working on:

Retail: Bioshock Infinite
Arcade: Brothers, Mickey Castle of Illusion, Walking Dead Season 2
Aphrodite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
it is nearly hard to plan out your path because jumping while making rainbows is sort of inconsistent. by that i mean sometimes you go higher or slight left or right.

my best is 57 seconds. i had no set path but in the beginning i tried to stick in the middle. after several tries i learned when those blue bats were going to come and adjusted my path accordingly. those bats seem to screw up my rhythm the most.

once you reach the boss, i really stuck to middle hardcore, moving left to right as little as necessary. he shoots those two drills but you should still be able to remain in the middle.

as for holding the controller, i hold it like usual, tapping with top part of my thumb then rolling the left part of my thumb down and over to jump then make a rainbow. this achievement is hard and frustrating but with practice and patience it can be done.

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:45 PM   #3
kookyscientist

kookyscientist's Gamercard

Even if he is to slow and it's Wii-version this is the way to do it. Just don't get hit and put the pad on your lap and play it with you index and your ringfinger instead of using the lame thumb...or use the arcade stick. You will get it. It's not hard.

Last edited by kookyscientist; 11-03-2009 at 05:49 PM.
kookyscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:12 PM   #4
litepink

litepink's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Submit - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
when i got to the boss, i was at about 43 seconds. i made no glaring mistakes, and finished at about 57 seconds.

the person in the video was close or very close to 1 minutes, but they sort of choked at the boss.

Achievement Guides by litepink™
Angry Birds WP7 | Arkanoid Live! | Asteroids Deluxe WP7 | Darwinia+ | Doodle Jump | Guitar Hero 5 | Kinect Adventures | Kinect Sports: Season Two | Lego Harry Potter | Lunar Lander WP7 | MLB 2K10 | Otomedius G | Pac-Man CE DX WP7 | Rainbow Islands | Rock Band Metal Track Pack | Scott Pilgrim | Tecmo Bowl | Tiger ‘10 | Tiger ‘11
litepink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #5
Aphrodite1

Sublimosis's Gamercard
Thanks for all your replies guys and your advice. I'll keep on at it. Using the index and middle finger has been the way I've been doing it, I just can't seem to get the thumb control working.

Cheers for the vid as well, gives me an idea of what I should be trying to aim for.

Currently working on:

Retail: Bioshock Infinite
Arcade: Brothers, Mickey Castle of Illusion, Walking Dead Season 2
Aphrodite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:51 AM   #7
kookyscientist

kookyscientist's Gamercard
What a sexy avatar-lady.
kookyscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #8
Todaysforgotten

Todaysforgotten's Gamercard
Oh baby. You know it! You should see what comes off after hours.
Todaysforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote