PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Monsters vs. Aliens
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-06-2009, 01:47 AM   #1
BrutishMuffin

BrutishMuffin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Challenge Deaths

If you die in a challenge, does it add to the total death count? I'm trying to get less than 10 deaths the first time through, but I don't know if I should do the challenges as I go to keep the levels fresh or if I should wait until I beat the game.
Wheelman
Final Fantasy XIII

Arcade Completions: 98

Hexic HD
Hexic Rush
Trials HD

Achievements
1st in the world to 1k BCFx
BrutishMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:19 AM   #2
DarthRandalNC

Send a message via Skype™ to DarthRandalNC

DarthRandalNC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
My experience with this game lead me to believe that any deaths during the Monster Challenges, whether to you play them in between levels or from the main screen menu, do not go towards your totals deaths during a chapter or for the whole game.

There are other posts on this forum that contradict what I've posted, but I know there were some challenges that I did over and over again to get gold. I did so in between levels, not from the main menu, and lost a good number of lives in those challenges. When I finished the game, I got the achievement for losing less than 10 lives during the course of story mode, something I shouldn't have gotten if the Monster Challenge deaths added into the Story Mode total.

This is not conclusive, so proceed at your own risk. Personally, I'd be pissed if I had to play through the story mode on this game twice. Not that the game is horrible, far from it. Just not a story mode I'd have fun doing a second time around.
DarthRandalNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #3
MasterHook

masterhook99's Gamercard
I sure hope your right i just read what people wrote about challenges counting toward you 10 deaths and i have died a bunch in the challenges. well i guess i'll find out when i finish the second chapter and i'll post the results.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #4
MasterHook

masterhook99's Gamercard
no challenges do not count toward your 10 deaths i just beat the game and still got all my acheivements even after dying numerous times in the challenges i played challenges between missions and from the special features.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:51 PM   #5
davhth4

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yes I thought it would have but i am glad it doesnt. BTW i LOVE this game . Its ace and I feel good at it