PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed II
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-19-2009, 05:43 PM   #31
TtheHedge

Send a message via AIM to TtheHedge

TtheHedgehog's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamble View Post
You actually can replay this mission. It's in the pause menu.

Quick Question, If you can answer this without spoilers, after the game's main story has been completed can you continue to re-enter the Animus to finish getting the collectibles and things like in AC1?
Where in the pause menu? I'm looking everywhere for it. ;_;
Old 11-19-2009, 05:48 PM   #32
Louis BCFC1875

Louis BCFC1875's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This guide will come in handy, thanks!

Louis BCFC1875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #33
InkedUp

Send a message via MSN to InkedUp

InkedUp's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtheHedge View Post
Where in the pause menu? I'm looking everywhere for it. ;_;
Go to the pause menu, go to DNA strand and move to the sequence you need, in this case sequence 8. Press A and replay it for the achievement.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:19 PM   #34
H_Blake_H

H Blake H's Gamercard
I have a question about the messer sandman one. How are you supposed to throw sand at them when they aren't moving because in order to throw sand you have to be in combat...

text <--
H_Blake_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:27 PM   #35
VanZarko

X xVaNzArKox X's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFreak47 View Post
Street Cleaner 10
Hide 5 dead bodies in a Bale of Hay.

A very easy achievement to do. First things first, find a haystack. Next, you need to find some guards to kill. Lead them over to wherever the haystack is, and kill the guards. Make sure to loot them by holding the button over their body, since you cannot pick up their bodies until you do. Once you finish, pickup each body using again, stand next to the haystack, and throw them in. Repeat until the achievement unlocks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullhunter84 View Post
You don't have to loot them first to pick them up, or at least i didn't have to. Several times after i killed them I just walked up and pressed without holding it down and I picked them up. Other times I walked up and held and i looted them.
You're right (Skullhunter84) you don't have to loot them first. Because I just got the achievement a few hours ago and I did it without the help of the guide and I only tapped and picked up the bodies. To loot them you're supposed to press & hold . I recommend you(GameFreak47) fix that up so there are no errors when they post that up in the guide page.

Just trying to help

100% Completion (17)
Working On
Red Dead Redemption
Splinter Cell: Conviction

Last edited by VanZarko; 11-19-2009 at 06:29 PM.
VanZarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:42 PM   #36
TtheHedge

Send a message via AIM to TtheHedge

TtheHedgehog's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by InkedUp View Post
Go to the pause menu, go to DNA strand and move to the sequence you need, in this case sequence 8. Press A and replay it for the achievement.
Is this available after beating the game? Because doing it right now only allows me to view what the mission was.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #37
Minty

Send a message via MSN to Minty Send a message via Skype™ to Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Blake_H View Post
I have a question about the messer sandman one. How are you supposed to throw sand at them when they aren't moving because in order to throw sand you have to be in combat...
You just have to be locked on to a guard. You can walk up to 4 guards (like at a Codex location), lock in to one with LT and then hold X to throw sand. Just make sure that you're far enough away that if you punch it doesnt land.

I got mine by having four guards chase me, run away with them, then turn around and threw a smoke bomb at them. Whilst they were knocked out, I moved back a few yards (still locked onto a guard), held X and then when the guards came round from the smoke, let them get closer and then threw the sand just before the first guard hit me with his weapon.

Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:57 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TtheHedge View Post
Is this available after beating the game? Because doing it right now only allows me to view what the mission was.
I've completed the game and it's not giving me the option to replay any missions either, i'll get to the mission info page and all it has on the bottom is B for back and the RS icon to scroll, pressing A does nothing.
online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:54 PM   #39
shin po

Thanks for the guide - just one question:

When do you guys sleep?
shin po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:13 PM   #40
wildwest08

wildwest08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
thanks for the guide

Call of Duty Black Ops
Halo Wars General
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
wildwest08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:43 PM   #41
DaedolusNL

Only1Daedolus's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide! Been really helpfull I just have one question arn't Macho Man and Steal Home missable achievements aswell? or am I confused
DaedolusNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:48 PM   #42
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Excellent guide mate.Lot's of detail rather than the usual "self explanatory" or "story releated" only crap.Nice one! Really can't wait to dive into this one.First game was superb!

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:53 PM   #43
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I dont relish playing Devil's advocate, but I cant help but think that it was wrong to let the original Guide submitter (Project Requiem) just "sink into the forum abyss" as he put it. This guide does not add all that much over what was already submitted between him and later Minty. Why shun all of his work just because someone came up with a couple of extra sentences for some of the achievements? Hell, it isn't even dressed as nicely as the last guide was. I dont know the original guide submitter and I'm not bashing the new guide.....I just don't see the point when the original was coming along nicely, especially considering the game came out 2 days ago. Anyway, at least give the original guide some credit in this thread. I may not submit much myself....(I'm kind of a silent but appreciative observer) but I thought it needed saying. It just seems to be getting a bit cut-throat in here with everyone trying to one-up someone elses efforts. *off soapbox* let the flames fly.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:44 PM   #44
EMAN3000

EMAN3000's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun72 View Post
I dont relish playing Devil's advocate, but I cant help but think that it was wrong to let the original Guide submitter (Project Requiem) just "sink into the forum abyss" as he put it. This guide does not add all that much over what was already submitted between him and later Minty. Why shun all of his work just because someone came up with a couple of extra sentences for some of the achievements? Hell, it isn't even dressed as nicely as the last guide was. I dont know the original guide submitter and I'm not bashing the new guide.....I just don't see the point when the original was coming along nicely, especially considering the game came out 2 days ago. Anyway, at least give the original guide some credit in this thread. I may not submit much myself....(I'm kind of a silent but appreciative observer) but I thought it needed saying. It just seems to be getting a bit cut-throat in here with everyone trying to one-up someone elses efforts. *off soapbox* let the flames fly.
No flames from me, I actually agree with you. No offense to GameFreak47 because this guide is great, but I just felt like Project Requiem's guide was more community-oriented. Everybody was helping to put it together, rather than just 1 or 2 guys putting it together in Word. Granted, this is how most guides come about and GameFreak47 probably started his guide in Word long before Project Requiem posted his on the forums, but it was nice to have such a community-based effort, rather than people just waiting around for someone to post the one guide that gets stickied.

Anyway, here's my small contribution to this guide:
For the Mailman achievement, don't confuse the thieves and the couriers. They both run around the cities, thieves are denoted by a bag of money icon on the minimap, and the couriers are a red "B." Plus the couriers have capes on. You only get the achievement from the couriers. Some people have been confused by this.
EMAN3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:05 PM   #45
Project Requiem

Send a message via MSN to Project Requiem Send a message via Skype™ to Project Requiem

iTz Jawsh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMAN3000 View Post
No flames from me, I actually agree with you. No offense to GameFreak47 because this guide is great, but I just felt like Project Requiem's guide was more community-oriented. Everybody was helping to put it together, rather than just 1 or 2 guys putting it together in Word. Granted, this is how most guides come about and GameFreak47 probably started his guide in Word long before Project Requiem posted his on the forums, but it was nice to have such a community-based effort, rather than people just waiting around for someone to post the one guide that gets stickied.

Anyway, here's my small contribution to this guide:
For the Mailman achievement, don't confuse the thieves and the couriers. They both run around the cities, thieves are denoted by a bag of money icon on the minimap, and the couriers are a red "B." Plus the couriers have capes on. You only get the achievement from the couriers. Some people have been confused by this.
I feel loved. :3

In slightly more relevant news, can Mint or GameFreak confirm if we can replay missions through the DNA menu?

100% Retail - | The Orange Box | Left 4 Dead | Halo 3 | Madden NFL 2009 | Assassin's Creed | Call of Duty 4 |
100% Arcade - | Kingdom for Keflings | Dash of Destruction |
Currently Working on - | Halo 3: ODST (575/1000) | Eternal Sonata (120/1000) |
Project Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:30 PM   #46
Gamersdg

GamerSDG's Gamercard
You can only replay the secondary memories (ex:Assassin Tomb's) and Not the Main/ Story memories.

My 100% list
I am now accepting Friends Request
Xbox live GamerTag: GamerSDG
PSN ID: GamerSDG
I am also on ps3trophies.org
Last updated 12/01/2009

Gamersdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:03 AM   #47
KAA404

KAA404's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamersdg View Post
You can only replay the secondary memories (ex:Assassin Tomb's) and Not the Main/ Story memories.
Does that restrict you from going back and collecting/doing everything?
KAA404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:14 AM   #48
Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Requiem View Post
I feel loved. :3

In slightly more relevant news, can Mint or GameFreak confirm if we can replay missions through the DNA menu?
On my game, the only missions I can replay are under Assassination on DNA. These are the assassinations from Lorenzo.

I cannot replay any main storyline missions, ie the Flying level. Therefore it is still a missable achievement.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:20 AM   #49
Gamersdg

GamerSDG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAA404 View Post
Does that restrict you from going back and collecting/doing everything?
You can miss the Fly Swatter achievement, Evey thing else can be done after you beat the game.

My 100% list
I am now accepting Friends Request
Xbox live GamerTag: GamerSDG
PSN ID: GamerSDG
I am also on ps3trophies.org
Last updated 12/01/2009

Last edited by Gamersdg; 11-20-2009 at 12:22 AM. Reason: forgot the "e" in done
Gamersdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:39 AM   #50
Axe Argonian

Send a message via Skype™ to Axe Argonian

Axe Argonian's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameFreak47 View Post
An Old Friend Returns 100
Escape the hideout.

**I have heard at several places that if you do not do everything detailed here by the end of the credits, you will not unlock this achievement. I have not been able to confirm this yet, so in the case that is so, be sure to do everything.**
What does this mean? What must I do for that achievement to unlock? Am I required to have 100% in the Villa before beating the game? I just want some clarification, but excellent guide, by the way.

Axe Argonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:14 AM   #51
Metaphorically

Metaphorically's Gamercard
How come in the "set display" in the map under core memory markers it has a marker for Leonardo but it isn't on the map. I need to know where he is to give him the Codex pages.
Metaphorically is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:03 AM   #52
Kyai

Kyai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphorically View Post
How come in the "set display" in the map under core memory markers it has a marker for Leonardo but it isn't on the map. I need to know where he is to give him the Codex pages.
That doesn't show up until Venice, unfortunately.

Kyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:05 AM   #53
Project Requiem

Send a message via MSN to Project Requiem Send a message via Skype™ to Project Requiem

iTz Jawsh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
That doesn't show up until Venice, unfortunately.
And in the final DNA sequence (14), he's in Villa Auditore. I spent two f*cking hours going to viewpoints in Venice to try and find him T_T

100% Retail - | The Orange Box | Left 4 Dead | Halo 3 | Madden NFL 2009 | Assassin's Creed | Call of Duty 4 |
100% Arcade - | Kingdom for Keflings | Dash of Destruction |
Currently Working on - | Halo 3: ODST (575/1000) | Eternal Sonata (120/1000) |
Project Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:30 AM   #54
Kaiser Zero

Send a message via MSN to Kaiser Zero

Kaiser Zero X's Gamercard
I have a tip for getting No-Hitter. Not sure if anyone else is having problems with it but here's what I did:

Outside of Basilca Di San Marco attack one of the guards and have them chase you try and get enough guards around you, next throw a smoke bomb and use the duel blades on as many as you can.

It should only take one or two bombs to get it but that's what I did.

Kaiser Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:39 AM   #55
Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe Argonian View Post
What does this mean? What must I do for that achievement to unlock? Am I required to have 100% in the Villa before beating the game? I just want some clarification, but excellent guide, by the way.
No you don't need 100% of the villa. It occurs when you finish the main storyline. You cannot miss it if you finish the game

Old 11-20-2009, 04:41 AM   #56
semperser

I don't understand the "show your colours" achievement..It says to visit each city..does it mean each district as well, because I've fast traveled to every location possible without the cape equipped, then equipped it through the menu and I've got nothing.
Florence, Venice, Villa, Tuscany, and Romagna/Forli, am I missing something?
semperser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:44 AM   #57
Kaiser Zero

Send a message via MSN to Kaiser Zero

Kaiser Zero X's Gamercard
You need the cape from getting all 100 feathers, then visit the towns. Do you have that cape?

Kaiser Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 04:46 AM   #58
semperser

Yeah. Never mind though I got it, I wouldn't have guessed it, but the Mountains count as well.
semperser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:34 AM   #59
darkSIDEchoes

Send a message via AIM to darkSIDEchoes

darkSIDEchoes's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer3000 View Post
Good guide, thanks, but why does it say missable: 1(5)?
No friend requests? That's a little high of you.
Bourne Conspiracy, Bioshock, Dead Space, Oblivion, Fallout 3 PC, Silent Hill: HC, Fight Night 3, King Kong, Terminator, Wolverine, Resident Evil 5, Mirror's Edge, Wanted: WoF, Condemned 2, SAW, Resident Evil 5 (PC), Borderlands, Star Wars: TFU, Assassin's Creed II, CoD:MW1/2/WAW Jurassic: TH, Operation Flashpoint: DR, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Sonic's UGC

Dash Of Destruction, Wolf3D, BF:1943, DOOM I/II, DR2:CZ

darkSIDEchoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:00 AM   #60
DerelictDude

DerelictDude's Gamercard
Forgot one

Hey great guide but I just noticed there's an achievement not included.

Art Connoisseur (10): Buy a Painting from Florence and Venice.

I noticed because I'm curious if there are unique paintings in Venice, in other words, if you buy all that are available as you progress, will there still be any left to buy when you get to Venice?
DerelictDude is offline   Reply With Quote