PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Left 4 Dead 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-23-2009, 06:31 AM   #1
Grat3fulH3ad

Send a message via AIM to Grat3fulH3ad

Grat3fulH3ad's Gamercard
Thumbs up Email Valve for a fix Campaign

Here's Gabe Newel's email : gaben@valvesoftware.com. Be polite, concise, brief and let them know about the AI, achievements or whatever you like or dislike about the game. I can't promise that he'll respond, but he DOES read all his emails. If enough people voice concerns Valve will address them. Hopefully with a united effort we can get a good patch out to help at least the AI problems, which are legion.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:07 AM   #2
Mohabus

Mohabus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grat3fulH3ad View Post
Be polite, concise,
Quoted for emphasis. Using words like "suck", "blows", and any variation of the word "tard" are just going to make you look like an immature idiot. I mean, we don't want to give the impression that the vast majority of Xbox Live players are obnoxious, unintelligent, crybabies, do we? Oh...wait...

While there are a handful of noticeable (I'm curious as to how they were missed during testing) problems with the game, I think the AI glitches in particular are grossly over-reported. I've had a few instances of "no rush, I'm just dying here", but no more than in L4D1. Also, bear in mind that Valve is renowned for releasing patches, and I doubt they are unaware of these problems. Yes, we should let them know, but as Grat3fulH3ad noted, it should be in a concise, and more importantly, polite manner.
Mohabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
TrevelyanL85A2

Send a message via ICQ to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via AIM to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via MSN to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Yahoo to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Skype™ to TrevelyanL85A2

TrevL85A2 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Donator - Level 5   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohabus View Post
Quoted for emphasis. Using words like "suck", "blows", and any variation of the word "tard" are just going to make you look like an immature idiot. I mean, we don't want to give the impression that the vast majority of Xbox Live players are obnoxious, unintelligent, crybabies, do we? Oh...wait...

While there are a handful of noticeable (I'm curious as to how they were missed during testing) problems with the game, I think the AI glitches in particular are grossly over-reported. I've had a few instances of "no rush, I'm just dying here", but no more than in L4D1. Also, bear in mind that Valve is renowned for releasing patches, and I doubt they are unaware of these problems. Yes, we should let them know, but as Grat3fulH3ad noted, it should be in a concise, and more importantly, polite manner.
It would also be helfpful to let them know if the Crash Course achievements are still glitched in people not being able to obtain them correctly. I don't know if it has been fixed or not as I've not played it in at least three weeks.

Need Help with the Following:
Arcade: South Park
Retail: See gamertag for list.

10000 GS 5 Jul. 2009:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
20000 GS 6 Jun. 2010: Gears of War 2
30000 GS 1 Jan. 2011: Call of Duty: World at War
40000 GS 11 Nov. 2011, 60000 GS 28 Aug. 2014: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
50000 GS 10 Feb. 2013: Dead Space 3

TrevelyanL85A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #4
Grat3fulH3ad

Send a message via AIM to Grat3fulH3ad

Grat3fulH3ad's Gamercard
Yup yup. Drop Gabe a line, I swear he really likes to hear from us. To them you aren't just another number or dollar sign but a person who took their hard earned money and spent it with them, entrusting them to create a wonderful product that you will enjoy for a long time. There are plenty of other examples of companies that share this philosophy, but I think once a company gets so large that it loses touch with it's market, things start to go down hill.

I can tell by their games Valve cares about what we think. I remember getting Half Life when it came out for PC, there was a huge community of gamers that developed for this game, new maps, skins, etc and Valve encouraged this and they still do to this day.

If you decide to voice your concerns to them and I wholeheartedly encourage you to do so, be professional, remember that your email, letter or phone call reflects upon us all, the whole community of gamers, represent us well. Because of time restraints I also can't stress enough to be brief, polite and concise. It is because of your hard earned money that Valve is able to bring us games like Portal, Counter Strike, L4D and Half Life. They will listen to you, after all they are gamers just like you and I. They take pride in their work and over all I think that L4D2 for example, is a shining example of this, faults aside.

I look at it like this; as games become more sophisticated they require much more time, effort and money to achieve greatness. Look at the shelves of your local Gamestop, there is no shortage of games that none of us want to play, the great games are far and few between. But when they do come along we should not only let the developers know with our dollar votes but with our correspondence as well. Tell them what they did right and what you feel is an area that could use improvement. Only a fool would ignore such valuable knowledge from their customers and they would do so at their own peril.

In my lifetime of almost 40 years I have seen many giants fall, whether in retail or other. Companies that no one thought could ever fail and they did. We are what keep them alive or send them out to pasture.

Last edited by Grat3fulH3ad; 11-23-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Grat3fulH3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
xtye

Hopefully they will fix the garbage AI, and I won't be pulled by a Smoker and have them jerk each other off while watching me die.
Uno
Harm's Way

100% Retail
Fallout 3
Fable II
xtye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:35 PM   #6
Sirius

Sirius x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   SOTF Winner   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Pretty sure Crash Course is dead in the water with the release of L4D2, but the lag and AI problems are quite significant. Gotta fix those dedicated servers.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:07 PM   #7
Pegasus Tenma

Pegasus Tenma's Gamercard
maybe nerf expert a little? =P

Deep in the realms of romance!
Facebook - Twitter - Instagram
I will burn down this kingdom, and from its ashes build for you
a new one, A kingdom worthy of you. I will show you a world
where your light will outshine the sun! A world that will know no
darkness. And you will have no more need of tears.

Pegasus Tenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:15 AM   #8
TrevelyanL85A2

Send a message via ICQ to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via AIM to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via MSN to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Yahoo to TrevelyanL85A2 Send a message via Skype™ to TrevelyanL85A2

TrevL85A2 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Donator - Level 5   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Has anyone had success in this so far?

Need Help with the Following:
Arcade: South Park
Retail: See gamertag for list.

10000 GS 5 Jul. 2009:
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
20000 GS 6 Jun. 2010: Gears of War 2
30000 GS 1 Jan. 2011: Call of Duty: World at War
40000 GS 11 Nov. 2011, 60000 GS 28 Aug. 2014: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
50000 GS 10 Feb. 2013: Dead Space 3

TrevelyanL85A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:22 AM   #9
xtye

They dealt with the lag so far. G4 had a feed going and showed that they upgraded the network infrastructure. I've noticed a difference.
Uno
Harm's Way

100% Retail
Fallout 3
Fable II
xtye is offline   Reply With Quote