PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Card and Board > Spyglass Board Games
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-09-2007, 05:26 AM   #1
Enter The Nutty

Was anyone else dissappointed?

I was looking forward to playing this on the console with my girlfriend, kinda getting sick of bomberman and pool...couldn't they have just made achievements not unlockable in 2 player?
Enter The Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:30 AM   #2
da voodoo child

well i thought that the game was cool and the achievements dont really bother me. so id say its a solid game.

da voodoo child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:20 PM   #3
Enter The Nutty

i thought the game was fantastic...and the achievements were easy enough to get....was jus a lil dissappointed with the lack of a 2 player option.
Enter The Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 06:58 PM   #4
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enter The Nutty View Post
I was looking forward to playing this on the console with my girlfriend, kinda getting sick of bomberman and pool...couldn't they have just made achievements not unlockable in 2 player?
Yeah, I would have liked to see 2-player on the console, but I think Microsoft must discourage that approach since so few games have it.

On the other hand, I am very grateful that they put a chess game out for 400 points, I have been waiting for quite some time and if the only bad thing to say is that it doesn't permit same console playing, I won't complain.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:21 PM   #5
III SS III

IIII SS IIII's Gamercard
totally agree....great game at a great price but it would've been great to have friends over and play anything but reversi lol

Now We Must All Fear Evil Men, But There Is Another Kind Of Evil Which We Must Fear Most, And That Is The Indifference Of Good Men.
III SS III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:51 PM   #6
Defcizion

DeFCiZiOn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
If I had 3200 pts, would it be worth it to spend 400 on it?
Old 08-10-2007, 12:00 AM   #7
DutchHooligan

Dutch Saint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
eeem depends what u like.....
i like all .....but dont really understand the mancala game....weird stuff that is
Old 08-11-2007, 12:15 AM   #8
Lunacy182

Lunacy182's Gamercard
Yeah, I was hoping it was 2 players off line. I wish I hadn't gotten the game now. Oh well, at least it was only 400 points.
Lunacy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:58 AM   #9
iskoot

Iskoot's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Creech View Post
On the other hand, I am very grateful that they put a chess game out for 400 points, I have been waiting for quite some time and if the only bad thing to say is that it doesn't permit same console playing, I won't complain.
Well since you won't complain, I will. The lack of the option to play 2 player on the same console sucked big balls, let me stress BIG BALLS...but anyways, so my fiance, who isn't a big gamer at all and doesn't really like them that much, was interested when I told her that I was downloading this game and that we could play each other. So after getting her excited enough to want to play a game, I made her make a profile, and then tried to play reversi with her...so you can only imagine how highly pissed off I was...here my wife to be actually wanted to video game with me and I couldn't deliver...what a crock of shit.
iskoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:04 PM   #10
cyberhookup

cyberhookup's Gamercard
I think they should at least make it so that when they update the game (Which they eventually will) they should add 2 player. It would make the game a whole lot better I think.

SENT MY XBOX AWAY ON 2/2/08 STILL DON'T HAVE IT BACK
cyberhookup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 05:44 PM   #11
WarriorPriest13

Send a message via AIM to WarriorPriest13

WarriorPriest13's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchHooligan View Post
eeem depends what u like.....
i like all .....but dont really understand the mancala game....weird stuff that is
If you go into the otpions there in one that shows you how to play. Basically you pick a dish and transfer a piece from it to every dish after till there is no pieces left. If youe last piece ends in the collection dish you go again, and if your last piece ends in an empty dish on your side you capture all the pieces in the oppisite dish as well.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:13 PM   #12
angry

Send a message via AIM to angry Send a message via MSN to angry

Angry xBs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I liked the game and me and Flea flew through the achievments in no time attall.

IF @ FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED TRY HARDER AS CHEATING GET'S YOU KNOWHERE

Games Completed: 9

Arcade Games Completed:
angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 10:49 PM   #13
simbomo

simbomo's Gamercard
This game is a massive let down. Im surprised Microsoft released it on live arcade in the poor condition it is in.

AI is weak which doesnt offer any challenge unless you are a beginner. So if your not a beginner the single player mode is a complete waste of time. It would have made sense to have difficulty settings eg - Beginner, Easy, Moderate, Hard,Kasparov.

Multiplayer - the arena of quitters. If you are half decent chances are you wont get 20 moves into a game before the opposition player quits. This isnt the oppostion players fault but the games fault. Since there is no option to see the oppositions skill level you have no idea who you are playing, resulting in complete mis-matches.

Bugs/Glitches - The game on some occasions doesnt play correctly - moving twice in a turn. I had to beat the AI twice to get the AI? Yeah, Right! achievement.
simbomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:46 AM   #14
Silent Kitten

Silent Kitten's Gamercard
Um yeah...the biggest waist of my microsoft points, ever!!!!! It stunk to high heaven and I only played like 2 games b4 I deleted it.
Silent Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #15
Lt Lloyd

Lt Lloyd's Gamercard
its pretty bad if you ask me no online at all anymore
Lt Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:13 PM   #16
Kyver

Kyver's Gamercard
Just came back to this game for the online achievements, looks like I'm not getting those it's completely abandoned on live.

100% Retail:
King Kong, Soul Calibur 4, Oblivion

100% Arcade:
Uno, Buku Sudoku, Interpol, Dash of Destruction, Fable 2: Pub Games, A Kingdom for Keflings
Kyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:39 PM   #17
DAck1244
Banned User

DAck124's Gamercard
Pretty good game.
DAck1244 is offline   Reply With Quote