PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Strategy > Battlestations: Pacific
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-09-2009, 03:24 AM   #1
Ackis

Send a message via ICQ to Ackis Send a message via AIM to Ackis Send a message via MSN to Ackis Send a message via Yahoo to Ackis

CanadaAckis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Ways to boost online

I'm currently boosting with Creech and it's going slowly, just throwing some ideas out for us to try to get better points.

I found these posts:

http://www.battlestations.net/en-US/...farming-points
http://www.battlestations.net/en-US/...or-issues-game

1)
Another way to score big points is to build all Landing craft with rockets and set them up to fire on battleships being built by a friend. Once in position the one in control of the u.s forces can go and do something else. But the japs have to keep building BB. U should be able to get 200k in half an hour, then switch sides and let yr mate ave a go. I've reached chief warrant officer but cant be bothered any more.

2)
On island capture map, such as swirl on medium have you and your friend disable the point limit and time limit. Next, spawn only destroyers or atlanta class ships (shimakzai and atlanta are the best way to do it)
Please note that each island has a very large circle arround it... This is the gun range of the headquarters. So now what do you do.
I'm using the japs as an example here. 1) send all your destroyers to surround your friends 2 islands. Keep all of them outside of the large circle that is there headquarters and manuever them to points where they can hit heavy AA guns etc but not the headquarters.
Once all 12 destroyers are setup arround the island and our constantly bombarding various AA installations, costal guns etc, take a look at your score.
I will leave it to you to 'tweak' this technique. I will say moving arround the ships and distributing the number of targets so each ship is only shooting at 1 target will increase your score.
Make sure all of your guns are firing on each of your destroyers or atlantas at there gun installations. It takes a while to perfect sailing to the very edge of the circle surround the HQ.
At one point we were making about 110,000 xp per 10 miuntes. You leave this on with you and your buddy overnight, your looking at 5 million in 10 hours without having to player.
Ackis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
Ackis

Send a message via ICQ to Ackis Send a message via AIM to Ackis Send a message via MSN to Ackis Send a message via Yahoo to Ackis

CanadaAckis's Gamercard

Ok, tried method two last night with Creech.

We picked spiral on medium.

I was US, he was Japan.

The trick seems to be getting your DD's close enough to attack the AA, but just out of reach of their coastal guns. I tried a game with BB's however there were a lot of maneuvering issues.

From the USA perspective, there are two Japanese bases to attack. The closest of the two has a harbour on the north side, with some AA on the west and south. The other base, well just ignore it. I couldn't find a good position where I didn't attack the headquarters/get attacked myself because the 3 AA placements are protected by hills.

I placed three DD's to the north, in range of the harbour, 3 DD's to the west of the island in range of the AA located there, and then 3 DD's to the south of the island in range of the AA located there.

I didn't try spawning Atlanta class cruisers, instead stuck with Fletcher DD's.

I'm just going to post some stats of the ships here, all of the stats have been taken from:
http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Battles...llied_Warships

Fletcher:
Armaments:
AA Weapons: 5"/38 gun x5, 4"/50 gun x1, 20mm Oerlikon x4, 40mm Bofors x1
Artillery: 5"/38 gun x5
Torpedoes: Torpedo tube x10
Depth Charges: Depth charge rack x6
Class
DD
Speed
40 knots

Alan M. Summer:
Armaments
AA Weapons: 20mm Oerlikon AA x2, 40mm Bofors x3
Artillery: 5"/38 gun x6
Torpedoes: Torpedo tube x10
Depth Charges: Depth charge rack x6
Class
DD
Speed
40 knots

The Allen M. Sumner advanced destroyer can be unlocked by completing Mission 3 - Battle of Santa Cruz.

Atlanta:
Armaments:
AA Weapons: 5"/38 gun x16, 40mm Bofors x3, 20mm Oerlikon x8
Artillery: 5"/38 gun x16
Class
CL
Speed
33 knots

The Atlanta Class destroyer can be unlocked by completing Mission 2 - Battle of Cape Esperance.

The key is to stick with 38" guns it seems. The cruiser is a bit slower, but 1 Atlanta cruiser is equal to three of the destroyers for the purpose of boosting.

Japanese ships:

Minekaze-class
AA Weapons: 13mm/76 x2, 4.5"/45 gun x4
Artillery: 4.5"/45 gun x4
Torpedoes: Torpedo tubes x6
Depth Charge: Depth charge rack x2
Class: DD

Fubuki-class
AA Weapons: 5"/50 DP gun x6, 13mm/76 machine guns x2, 25mm/60 Triple AA x2
Artillery: 5"/50 DP gun x6
Torpedoes: Torpedo tubes x9
Depth Charges: Depth charge racks x2

Shimakaze-class
AA Weapons: 5"/50 DP gun x6, 13mm/76 machine gun x4
Artillery: 5"/50 DP guns x6
Torpedoes: Torpedo tubes x15

Akizuki-class
AA Weapons: 100mm/65 gun x8, 25mm/60 Triple AA x4
Artillery: 100mm/65 gun guns x8
Torpedoes: Torpedo tubes x4

Agano-class
AA Weapons: 25mm/60 Triple AA x8, 5"/40 gun x4
Artillery: 152mm guns x6
Torpedoes: Torpedo tubes x8
Class: CL

Kuma-class
AA Weapons: 25mm/60 Triple AA x4
Artillery: 5.5"/50 guns x7
Torpedoes: Torpedo tubes x12
Class: CL

The recommendation is Shimakaze class DD.

Last edited by Ackis; 12-11-2009 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Added Japanese analysis
Old 12-15-2009, 05:47 PM   #3
Ackis

CanadaAckis's Gamercard

So in my effort to be as lazy as possible, I've figured out a decent way to boost using the PC version with the Steam version of the game.

You need two XBox Live Gold accounts and two PCs.

PC 1: Log into Steam, go into offline mode. Launch Battlestations with your key you were given.

PC 2: Log into Steam, stay in online mode. Launch Battlestations with the key you were given.

Now do the normal procedure for boosting, and profit. I tested this out once and it worked, I was using the rocket ship method to boost my main score a bit.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:11 PM   #4
Ackis

CanadaAckis's Gamercard

OK the cyan is the USA bases.

The red circle is where the Japanese will spawn BB's.

The blue circles are places where you should position your rocket launcher landing craft.

I ended up doing one to the east, one to the west, and the remaining to the north. You'll have to play with distance a bit and have them facing the BB's (opposed to broadside) so the rockets launch.

If you keep the closest BB to you around 1.8 miles, you'll be fine as the rockets have about a 2 mile range and they'll be able to hit the BB's behind the front row.

You can get up to 400k an hour if you tweak it right.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:22 PM   #5
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff - Administrator   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Emerald   Community Gaming - Silver
Total Awards: 35 (more» ...)
This definitely works. You have to be very careful not to drastically exceed the points limit for the ranks tied to achievements (2,000,000 for Lt., and 8,000,000 for Fleet Admiral). I let it run for about 3.5 hours and got almost 2 million points, far more than I needed for Lt, so I had to bail out of the game without saving any points (bail to the desktop) or I would have forever been unable to get the Lt achievement.

Not dogging your paint skills and all, but for clarity if you draw an imaginary line between HQ 6 and SB 4, that is about where you want the northern LSMs. Where you have the blue oval is within range of the BB's guns and you will lose your ships pretty quick. It only takes two or three shots from the BB to kill a transport.

Last edited by Creech; 12-15-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #6
Ackis

CanadaAckis's Gamercard

Yeah my paint skills suck.

I just wanted a quick representation of where (roughly) to put your things.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:18 AM   #7
BLACKPANTHERVII

DARKPANTHERVII's Gamercard
Nice thanks for this information, now to only find someone to help me do it. Buet yer great job! keep up the great work!

EDIT: Ok have given this a try and you get no where near the amount of points you say. sitting at 5000 points now and been doing it for like 40mins. I have done as instructed in this little guide but it does not give the points

EDIT again: after finishing i had a total of 118 000 points instead of 6600 as suggested in the game but that was for 1 hour and 35mins work

Last edited by BLACKPANTHERVII; 12-18-2009 at 10:44 AM.
BLACKPANTHERVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:43 AM   #8
Wolfie99

Wolfie9985's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKPANTHERVII View Post
Nice thanks for this information, now to only find someone to help me do it. Buet yer great job! keep up the great work!
Ditto, its great information - especially for a virtually dead game Ill certainly be using it when I find a boosting partner - if you weren't in Aussie-land, Id be adding you!

I used to like doing Map 5 on small. 3 islands, in a "Triangle" setup. The biggest unit you can build is Destroyers and the starting bases are within Torpedo range...so it was basically spawn-camping! It was just 20v20 DD's, with a 3rd island that you **could** capture if you wanted to, that granted you basic aircraft.

My record was ~17k XP in a 20minute game on public...not as fast as 400k an hour (!!). It also got me the Tin Can Captain achievement very easily

Last edited by Wolfie99; 12-18-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Wolfie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:42 PM   #9
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff - Administrator   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Emerald   Community Gaming - Silver
Total Awards: 35 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKPANTHERVII View Post

EDIT: Ok have given this a try and you get no where near the amount of points you say. sitting at 5000 points now and been doing it for like 40mins. I have done as instructed in this little guide but it does not give the points

EDIT again: after finishing i had a total of 118 000 points instead of 6600 as suggested in the game but that was for 1 hour and 35mins work
Then you are doing something wrong <shrug>.

I put 2 LSMs (the rocket landing ships) to the west, just under the central island. 2 more to the east, just west of SB5. 4 spaced evenly between SB4 and HQ6. I put them about 1.9 miles out because every now and then a BB will spawn a bit further out than normal, but consistently earn 1 million points every 2 hours.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:16 PM   #10
Ackis

CanadaAckis's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
but consistently earn 1 million points every 2 hours.
And then we DC (probably me).

I'll see if I can fraps a session for people to use.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:26 PM   #11
BLACKPANTHERVII

DARKPANTHERVII's Gamercard
Quote:
Then you are doing something wrong <shrug>.

I put 2 LSMs (the rocket landing ships) to the west, just under the central island. 2 more to the east, just west of SB5. 4 spaced evenly between SB4 and HQ6. I put them about 1.9 miles out because every now and then a BB will spawn a bit further out than normal, but consistently earn 1 million points every 2 hours.
This is not using the BB rocket LSM method... it is the DD vs emplacements on islands which were all set up to fire on the most amount of targets possible and the points moved slowly....ly...ly..
BLACKPANTHERVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #12
Wolfie99

Wolfie9985's Gamercard
Just finished boosting the ranks with Namblan_Man.

We found the Japanese Akizuki DD to be the superior DD in the game (well, for XP boosting ). Compared to the US A.M.Summner DD, it was earning double XP, despite only having 2 extra guns. Over a session of several hours, it earnt 2.5million compared to 1.5million.
This was also the case when we swapped teams, so it wasnt just down to the player as we first thought.
I tried Northampton and Atlanta cruisers for the US, but to no avail. In fact, they earnt less XP, and the Fletcher and Clemson DD's were even worse. The Akizuki is by far the best XP earner.

For anybody wanting to boost this, on these results, I would recommend doing 8hour sessions, taking it in turns to be the Japanese.

Worth quoting for future boosters:
Quote:
You have to be very careful not to drastically exceed the points limit for the ranks tied to achievements (2,000,000 for Lt., and 8,000,000 for Fleet Admiral). I let it run for about 3.5 hours and got almost 2 million points, far more than I needed for Lt, so I had to bail out of the game without saving any points (bail to the desktop) or I would have forever been unable to get the Lt achievement.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:10 AM   #13
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackis View Post

The blue circles are places where you should position your rocket launcher landing craft.

I ended up doing one to the east, one to the west, and the remaining to the north. You'll have to play with distance a bit and have them facing the BB's (opposed to broadside) so the rockets launch.

If you keep the closest BB to you around 1.8 miles, you'll be fine as the rockets have about a 2 mile range and they'll be able to hit the BB's behind the front row.

OK this looks a good way to boost but I never played the game before. I would like to know if While I'm getting points do the 2nd player need to do anything?or just stand while i shot the "enemy"?

Quote:
You leave this on with you and your buddy overnight, your looking at 5 million in 10 hours without having to player.
from this info I can assume that this is just set things up and let the game do the rest.

Last edited by Achiever TM; 08-25-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Achiever TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:23 AM   #14
Wolfie99

Wolfie9985's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiever TM View Post
OK this looks a good way to boost but I never played the game before. I would like to know if While I'm getting points do the 2nd player need to do anything?or just stand while i shot the "enemy"?
Depends which method you use.
Using the one you quoted, with BB's and LSM's, one player will set up his LSM's and leave it. The other player will constantly have to spawn BB's for the LSM's to fire at.
This means that 1 player will earn XP, whilst the other one (doing all the work) wont earn any.

The other method, which I was speaking about above, both players can set up their ships (takes about 30-60mins) and leave the game running for hours, meaning both players will earn XP at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiever TM View Post
from this info I can assume that this is just set things up and let the game do the rest.
Other than the above, yes.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:17 PM   #15
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie99 View Post
Depends which method you use.
Using the one you quoted, with BB's and LSM's, one player will set up his LSM's and leave it. The other player will constantly have to spawn BB's for the LSM's to fire at.
This means that 1 player will earn XP, whilst the other one (doing all the work) wont earn any.

The other method, which I was speaking about above, both players can set up their ships (takes about 30-60mins) and leave the game running for hours, meaning both players will earn XP at the same time.

Other than the above, yes.
Ok so i can play for both sides and use my main acount to get XP while doing the "hard work" with another acount in another PC! thanks dude.

Last edited by Achiever TM; 08-29-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:15 PM   #16
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Quote:

I found this method better than this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie99 View Post
Just finished boosting the ranks with Namblan_Man.

We found the Japanese Akizuki DD to be the superior DD in the game (well, for XP boosting ). Compared to the US A.M.Summner DD, it was earning double XP, despite only having 2 extra guns. Over a session of several hours, it earnt 2.5million compared to 1.5million.
This was also the case when we swapped teams, so it wasnt just down to the player as we first thought.
I tried Northampton and Atlanta cruisers for the US, but to no avail. In fact, they earnt less XP, and the Fletcher and Clemson DD's were even worse. The Akizuki is by far the best XP earner.

For anybody wanting to boost this, on these results, I would recommend doing 8hour sessions, taking it in turns to be the Japanese.
I tried both and after a few boosting sessions i found the 1st much more rewardable. i can't get 400k a hour but 250k..anyway it makes 32hours to get 8M exp for each player

edit: now I'm starting to get around 350k exp every hour using 1st method.

Last edited by Achiever TM; 09-20-2010 at 02:31 AM.