|03-16-2007, 07:24 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: MASS baby ... Go Sox !!! ... Go Pats !!!
Video: Ultimate Root Beer Strategy
Two Complete Run Throughs Of the Game - Outstanding.
This was originally posted on xbox.com by gamertag:
all credits to him.
This video is two laps through the game without losing a life. Each lap is 13 levels, so the video stops after level 26. Each lap after the second is exactly the same as the second, so it doesn't get harder.
Now, here are some strategies that you'll see me use here:
1. Don't get tips. The number one tip I give people. Getting tips makes the game harder, not easier as you might think. It delays customers, and you don't want them there, you want them gone. The quicker you can clear them, the better. Not to mention the wasted time running down the bar to collect them. When I play usually, I get tips up to level 7, because I'm very comfortable with those levels and can milk them for a few easy points, but I'll never get one past there. I didn't get any in this video, even in the early levels, to really drive the point home.
2. Don't waste time getting empty mugs. While empty mugs are a huge danger, and are responsible for countless lives we've all lost, you just can't afford to run halfway down the bar to get them. You need to clear the level as quickly as possible to avoid customers getting too fast. If you've got (about) a second or more before the mug gets to you, go throw some more root beer in another lane and then come back. If there are a few about to hit the end, though, go get 'em.
3. Count how many people are in a row, and throw that many. You shouldn't, as a rule, be looking at the lane you're on while tapping; you should be looking at the rest of the lanes to monitor where the customers and empty mugs are so you can plan on where to go next. If you count, say, 4 people in a lane, and a mug is close to the end of another lane when you throw the third root beer, go get the mug and come back later. The only exception to this rule is when someone's drinking and they're almost done: you'll want to watch them and throw another when there's only a tiny amount left in the glass. If there are only drinkers, and they've got another half second or more to drink, go somewhere else and get mugs, then come back.
4. Never sit still. There's always something to do unless the level's over. Never wait more than a split second in one lane when there are thirsty consumers, or empty mugs, in another.
5. In the alien bar, the alien that appears closest to you in each row, with the one color body and circular head, drinks dreadfully slowly. Do NOT let him get far, or he'll *** you good. There's also a green shirted baseball player on the top row of the sports bar in laps 2 and up who drinks about as slow, so try to get rid of him quickly.
And those are pretty much all I can think of, aside from the usual "stay calm" and "practice" that apply to every game. If you're not having fun, stop. If you are, hopefully this video and these tips will help you join me in breaking the scoreboard.
THE BEST OR NOTHING
Last edited by N30CHAOS; 03-16-2007 at 07:30 PM.
|03-27-2007, 09:41 PM||#4|
Join Date: Mar 2007
^ Nice to see a fellow Futurama fan
Watched the whole first playthrough, and that definetely helps me a lot. The typed guide he wrote helped a lot as well, but there's no way I'd ever go for more than one playthrough. I'm worried that when I actually beat the alien bar, I'm gonna screw up on the guessing game.
|10-22-2009, 02:08 PM||#7|
Join Date: Nov 2007