PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip?

Go Back > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Root Beer Tapper
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-16-2007, 07:24 PM   #1

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Video: Ultimate Root Beer Strategy

Two Complete Run Throughs Of the Game - Outstanding.

This was originally posted on by gamertag:
Mike Kelehan

all credits to him.\?doc...21544574907144

This video is two laps through the game without losing a life. Each lap is 13 levels, so the video stops after level 26. Each lap after the second is exactly the same as the second, so it doesn't get harder.

Now, here are some strategies that you'll see me use here:

1. Don't get tips. The number one tip I give people. Getting tips makes the game harder, not easier as you might think. It delays customers, and you don't want them there, you want them gone. The quicker you can clear them, the better. Not to mention the wasted time running down the bar to collect them. When I play usually, I get tips up to level 7, because I'm very comfortable with those levels and can milk them for a few easy points, but I'll never get one past there. I didn't get any in this video, even in the early levels, to really drive the point home.

2. Don't waste time getting empty mugs. While empty mugs are a huge danger, and are responsible for countless lives we've all lost, you just can't afford to run halfway down the bar to get them. You need to clear the level as quickly as possible to avoid customers getting too fast. If you've got (about) a second or more before the mug gets to you, go throw some more root beer in another lane and then come back. If there are a few about to hit the end, though, go get 'em.

3. Count how many people are in a row, and throw that many. You shouldn't, as a rule, be looking at the lane you're on while tapping; you should be looking at the rest of the lanes to monitor where the customers and empty mugs are so you can plan on where to go next. If you count, say, 4 people in a lane, and a mug is close to the end of another lane when you throw the third root beer, go get the mug and come back later. The only exception to this rule is when someone's drinking and they're almost done: you'll want to watch them and throw another when there's only a tiny amount left in the glass. If there are only drinkers, and they've got another half second or more to drink, go somewhere else and get mugs, then come back.

4. Never sit still. There's always something to do unless the level's over. Never wait more than a split second in one lane when there are thirsty consumers, or empty mugs, in another.

5. In the alien bar, the alien that appears closest to you in each row, with the one color body and circular head, drinks dreadfully slowly. Do NOT let him get far, or he'll *** you good. There's also a green shirted baseball player on the top row of the sports bar in laps 2 and up who drinks about as slow, so try to get rid of him quickly.

And those are pretty much all I can think of, aside from the usual "stay calm" and "practice" that apply to every game. If you're not having fun, stop. If you are, hopefully this video and these tips will help you join me in breaking the scoreboard.

Last edited by N30CHAOS; 03-16-2007 at 07:30 PM.
N30CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:54 AM   #2

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Wow, that crazy! Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate this post, but I doubt watching this will do more than drive home the point that I suck at this game
magictroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 09:50 PM   #3
invincible rob

Gamertag: VyperRob x360a

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Freaking ace, that video made me look crap.

Sig courtesy of JJ UK
invincible rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:41 PM   #4
Dr Buttcrack

^ Nice to see a fellow Futurama fan

Watched the whole first playthrough, and that definetely helps me a lot. The typed guide he wrote helped a lot as well, but there's no way I'd ever go for more than one playthrough. I'm worried that when I actually beat the alien bar, I'm gonna screw up on the guessing game.
Dr Buttcrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #5

Gamertag: Elod II
Uhh, I have to practice a lot more to beat that game. I've done it once on C64, but I don't remember that was so hard. Or maybe I'm getting old?
Elod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #6
Send a message via AIM to montrossity

Gamertag: montrossity

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
the link doesnt work

Swim, bike, run.
montrossity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:08 PM   #7

Gamertag: lucas1987

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze

Total Completions: 981
Retails Complete: 371
Arcades Complete: 610

I was the first gamer in the world to have both 100 retails and 100 arcades complete, along with 200 of each.
lucas1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:33 AM   #8

Gamertag: II RyoBakura II
those are some damn good vids u guys posted up & thanks for the tips. hopefully now i can finally get the last schievements for the games now. ^_^
Those Who Talk The Most,Say The Least...
xxYamiBakuraxx is offline   Reply With Quote