PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Rogue Warrior
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-03-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
maj punishment

MAJ PUNISHMENT's Gamercard
finishing move/curb stomper achievement

the guide wasn't really descriptive on the curb stomper ach, which is do 5 finishing moves. i tried shooting em in the guts/chest/legs each a heap of times, then ran up and pressed a. did the double knife slash on the neck and also the big upper cut move.

if anyone knows if the finishing has a certain style/clip, post it on here. i havn't come across a actual 'curb stomp' move as of yet if that is it.
Completion % - 51.58 (21/2/11)
Working on - Assassin's Creed, Fallout New Vegas
Can't wait for - Batman 2, Dead Island
If u want a hand boosting, msg me.
maj punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:34 PM   #2
Snake Eyes1499

FluffyMcFurball's Gamercard
The guy goes to the ground but can still shoot you but be quick as they die pretty soon after, the best way I found was using a sub machine gun and put a small burst into his chest and every so often the guy will topple over. I ran through the second to last part in SNAFU many times to get this.

The two animations I got were stabbing him in the chest and ripping the knife down his body and the other holding his mouth and slitting is throat.

It is hard to knock 'em down but you will get it so good luck!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 09:06 AM   #3
sorwah

At 44 seconds of this vid:
you'll see the animation you're looking for. Just run up and stand over him and you'll see the a button.
sorwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
ferrari360max

Location: Eating tea and crumpets with the queen because thats what i do DEAL WITH IT.

Fulp Picti0n's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I think you will find i did explain it

"The same way as doing a kill move although you must injure an enemy before hand (shoot them in the chest a few times) and they will go into a last stand type position"

Also at the video above, the game looks half decent on pc O_O

ferrari360max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:15 AM   #5
Wings69

DealerDan's Gamercard
Just an FYI to people having problems - try running at someone and shooting at the same time in the chest with a semi-auto. I think it's like a trigger - "oh he is running at the enemy while shooting, perfect time for him to do a finishing move".
Wings69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #6
ferrari360max

Location: Eating tea and crumpets with the queen because thats what i do DEAL WITH IT.

Fulp Picti0n's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings69 View Post
Just an FYI to people having problems - try running at someone and shooting at the same time in the chest with a semi-auto. I think it's like a trigger - "oh he is running at the enemy while shooting, perfect time for him to do a finishing move".
Another note is that they most often go down when using the ak47 (ak74).

Old 12-06-2009, 10:35 PM   #7
DarthSoth

I DarthSoth I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So I was having a hell of a time trying to figure out if I was doing it as well so TC, you were not the only one with issues trying to decipher the achievement guide descriptions.

Just to make things perfectly clear here. The enemy will fall to the ground but sill be able to shoot at you. If you run up to them there is actually a "FINISHING MOVE" prompt to let you know that you are in fact doing it right instead of the regular "KILL MOVE" prompt.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
DarthSoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:22 AM   #8
Ninja Kaspyr 83

Ninja Kaspyr 83's Gamercard
yea i was havin troubles wit this one, gonna comfirm be back in a while!!!

Ninja Kaspyr 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:41 AM   #9
Ninja Kaspyr 83

ok so yea, when in "last stand" just go over to the person and press when prompted,

youll stab him and "unzip" your knife down through his chest cavity, or cover his mouth and slice his throat, or kick him hard as fuck in the mouth,

Old 12-10-2009, 10:56 PM   #10
ferrari360max

Fulp Picti0n's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Kaspyr 83 View Post
ok so yea, when in "last stand" just go over to the person and press when prompted,

youll stab him and "unzip" your knife down through his chest cavity, or cover his mouth and slice his throat, or kick him hard as fuck in the mouth,
Why do you keep double posting and repeating what has already been said?

Old 12-11-2009, 04:32 AM   #11
Ninja Kaspyr 83

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari360max View Post
Why do you keep double posting and repeating what has already been said?
heres my thing, mind ya business, cause the way i see it, i was unaware of that previous post, not only that i see you in a few of the same threads as me runnin yur mouth about me, get off it yo! for real...

Old 12-23-2009, 11:03 PM   #12
NUTZILLA313

NUTZILLA313's Gamercard
Yea I was wondering what the hell I needed to do to get these. I'd shoot single bullets at these dudes, and they'd die everytime. Got one dude down on the ground shooting, but he died before I could get to him...bastard. Going to keep trying, thanks for the tip.
NUTZILLA313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:28 AM   #13
Turkdaballa6

T6 EVO's Gamercard
just fyi, the video has been removed by the user but anyhow. After messing with it, the best way to get the enemy to their "last stand" for me was the SMG.

Just do:
Difficulty: 1 star, Pussy.
Mission select > S.N.A.F.U

Skip the hell out of the cut-scenes due to the fact that you will repeat it 3-6 times depending how lucky you get. Equip the SMG and spray a quick burst starting to the far left of the chest (start by not hitting the chest, but close to it) to the end of the right chest and dont pull out ur iron sights while doing it. Just hip fire it. Dont get too trigger happy while doing it thou, make sure you are controlling the burst. They might go down before you get to the right chest and they will slowly fall down which when you do not fire and let em fall down. When they fall down be near and then stand by them while you spam A. I guess you could wait till A pops on the screen but hell, its annoying as hell to get the enemy to "last stand".

Been on quite a few redbulls and coffee today so I am not even sure if my explanation was clear but I just got the achievement by doing that.

Last edited by Turkdaballa6; 12-29-2009 at 02:32 AM.
Turkdaballa6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:06 PM   #14
CaptainSpanner

CaptainSpanner's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Put 3-4 rounds into a guys chest. He'll fall down and will still slowly shoot you. Sprint up behind him when he is still alive. It will promp '' for a 'Finishing Move' not a 'Kill Move'. Repeat 5 times.