Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Lost Odyssey
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-04-2009, 06:55 AM   #571
rican ninja89

rican ninja89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I FINALLY got my TT after beating the story in 93 hrs then searching for an extra 60 hrs i gave up and started a new game +. i decided to use your guide from the beginning and everything was perfect. in disc 2 when i got to Northen Cape i ran straight to east side thinking thats were the chest was but couldn't find it then after browsin for a few mins i remembered that to be an invisible chest. so i scaned every blade of grass on my screen till i found the actual chest tucked a way on the left side of my TV. I thought to myself wow if i just ran past that 10 + times now while really tryna pay attention i mustve ran pat it on my 1st play so i booted up the old save flew to northern cape and opened that chest that i did miss and popped me the best Hair pulling 20gs achieve ive ever come by that i can remember. - THANK YOU AchieverTM

rican ninja89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #572
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Allan Ironside View Post
has anyone else had an issue with the achievements being glitched? I had some issues.

1: In disk 4, Persona NEVER appeared. No matter when I went back to the place where I found Sara, this optional boss never appeared.

2: I broke all of the royal seals with Tolten, yet the Golden Knight never appeared. Despite this, I randomly got his achievement for getting all his skills.
that's pretty odd. never heard of someone else having this kind of troubles with the game!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rican ninja89 View Post
I FINALLY got my TT after beating the story in 93 hrs then searching for an extra 60 hrs i gave up and started a new game +. i decided to use your guide from the beginning and everything was perfect. in disc 2 when i got to Northen Cape i ran straight to east side thinking thats were the chest was but couldn't find it then after browsin for a few mins i remembered that to be an invisible chest. so i scaned every blade of grass on my screen till i found the actual chest tucked a way on the left side of my TV. I thought to myself wow if i just ran past that 10 + times now while really tryna pay attention i mustve ran pat it on my 1st play so i booted up the old save flew to northern cape and opened that chest that i did miss and popped me the best Hair pulling 20gs achieve ive ever come by that i can remember. - THANK YOU AchieverTM
nice dude..let's celebrate LMAO
happened the same to me. I was on my 2nd play and working in this guide, then i found a pot in Numara - Facade that i had never seen. booted up my old save and checked the pot ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED

Last edited by Achiever TM; 12-04-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Achiever TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:07 PM   #573
LemonTreeDeluxe

LemonTreeDeluxe's Gamercard
Hey Achiever, just wanted to say thanks a bunch for making this guide. I didn't get the achievement when I thought I would. I had to go to the auction house to get it. All the items I missed were from one place I couldn't find on the guide afterwards, it was Offshore Numara. I may be missing it, but its not on the guide that I can see. There were four items that I missed.

Anyways thanks again
LemonTreeDeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:33 PM   #574
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
yeah I know but i missed them on the game..Numara offshore is a 1 time location but i don't know what's "hiding" the items so i didn't put them in the guide. anyway thay can be gotten in Auctio House.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #575
Darth Villainous

DarthVillainous's Gamercard
Hi, everyone. I'm just wondering if the guide is completely accurate, or else if the achievement is glitched. I know that everyone who's posted before seems to think that it isn't glitched, and that the guide isn't missing anything, but I have to wonder if one of those isn't true. The reason being twofold: first, after beating LO about a year ago, I finally came back to it to get this !^*&% achievement, using a save right before the tower of mirrors (a save in which I got every other non-DLC achievement). Using the guide, I went back through every area (except the DLC, which I don't have), found some items I'd missed ... and nothing happened. No achievement. So, I started again, this time using Split's videos on youtube to cross-reference everything with the guide, and make sure I'm in the right spot. While I'm not quite done, I'm nearing the end, and have yet to find anything I've missed. And yes, I'm manually running up to everything, tapping A like crazy. I've checked all the common areas where people miss stuff, have everything from the auction house, and nothing.

The other, bigger, reason why I'm questioning if the guide is 100% accurate is the following video of Split's on youtube, part 146 of his playthrough:
In it, at the 1:03 mark, he gets the TT achievement in the TOE immediately after picking up the Phoenix Discus and Phoenix Ring, which are obtained after defeating Spirit Magician Fu. Of course, said items are not listed in the guide, which makes me wonder either if, a) The guide is missing some items, or b) if it isn't accurate to say that boss drops, backyard, items recieved from quests, etc. don't count. The way I see it, there are a few possibilities here:

1) I, and others who've posted and have been unable to get the achievement, are missing something. While it's entirely possible, I've searched really carefully while following the guide (cross-referencing with video on this current playthrough, as I've mentioned), as I'm sure many others have.

2) The achievement is glitched. It could be that it's not wanting to pop for whatever reason in the first playthrough, or that the patch screwed it up. Or it could be that some items aren't showing up in the auction house, or a situation akin to Zelda: Minish Cap (In that game, there's a trading minigame. There are, if memory serves, 100 items you have to trade with other characters. The problem is, sometimes when you walk up to a character to trade, there's no option to. Come back later and it'll be there; come back again and it won't). I'm wondering if it's possible some of these items are glitched in the same way.

3) The guide isn't actually 100% complete. In no way do I want to diminish the work or effort that Achiever and others have put into it (Achiever has put an enormous amount of work into this, both by writing it and keeping an eye on this board for such a long time after the initial post, while others have helped by making suggestions after). But Split's video, combined with my lack of achievement, make me wonder.

Does anyone have any answers about any of this?

All that said, I have to say this is one of the dumbest achievements I've come across on any game, ever (off the top of my head, only GRAW's "become ranked #1 in the world" and NHL 08's "beat someone ranked in the top 50 in the world" are dumber).

Currently boosting: Battlefield Bad Co., Halo Wars, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, Quantum of Solace, Riddick, Saints Row, Resident Evil 5-6, SSF4, & Unreal 3.
Darth Villainous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:41 AM   #576
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

the guide is complete and tested. there are only 4 items missing in the guide from Numara offshore but they can be bought at auction house. you said that Split Infinity unlocked his achievement after picking up the Phoenix Discus and Phoenix Ring, and they are missing in my guide. then you didn't followed it religiosly bc i posted links to Royal Seals, Undersea Items, Invisible Chests and Treasure Hunts. so the Phoenix Discus and Phoenix Ring are gotten through a Treasure Hunt clue. I am sure that you are missing something and the achievement is not glitched. did you collect magic capsules on Gongora's Mansion?bc they are gotten through a quest (only those items are gotten after you start a quest and count toward treasore trove). good luck
Old 12-08-2009, 07:09 AM   #577
Darth Villainous

DarthVillainous's Gamercard
Oh, I was following the guide meticulously; I just didn't bother to look at the treasure hunt or royal seal sections, seeing as I had them all, which is why I thought there might be an error in the guide. But I was double checking everything else, including spells, as I thought it might be possible I'd bought one that was available in the field somewhere.

Anyway, you were right, turns out I had missed something on my first backtracking run: it ended up being a poster in Uhra - Back Alley, Near Castle. So in total, I spent 16 hours backtracking after beating the game, the last 7 of which were spent on that last item. Probably the craziest thing I've done for achievements (well, that and boosting for 0 point achievements on Brothers in Arms). But that 980/1000 was really annoying (I had a similar issue with Lego Star Wars II, going for the "beat Death Star II without dying" achievement). Curse Microsoft for putting in that ^*$#& game completion bar on the NXE!

If it'll help anyone, here's a list of the items I was missing after finishing my playthrough. A lot of them are not on the "commonly missing" lists that people have posted - i.e., I had everything in Gongora's mansion, in the TOE, etc. Anyway, here goes:

Black Cave - Foul Swamp
3- Treasure - Just after fall from a hole in HellTrap - Soul Medicine
I knew I was missing this from the get-go, as I remembered not being able to figure out which hole I had to drop through to get to the chest.

Burning Cave
3- Pick item - Cure-All
4- Pick item - 2x Raging Beast's Eye

Ipsilon Mountains - Northern Ridge
1- Rock - Mana Herb
3- Rock - Angel's Plume
Dunno how I missed these.

Uhra, Great Gate Station
1- Poster - Antidote
2- Poster - 100G

Uhra, Central Station, up section
2- Trash Can - Healing Medicine

Uhra, Back Alley
5- Poster - 500G
11- Poster - Healing Herb

Uhra, Main Street
1- Poster - Wind Seal Leaf
3- Metal Pillar - 100G
6- Poster - Antidote

Uhra, Back Alley Near Castle
6- Poster - Soul Medicine
8- Metal Pillar - 2x Whetstone
9- Pot - Windus Bomb
13- Poster - Mana Bottle

Sorcerer's Shrine, Chamber of Stone Tablets
2- Pick Item - Elevator Puzzle - Tablet Fragment

Forgotten Cave
1- Treasure - 2x Perpetual Darkness
4- Treasure - 6x Forbidden Explosive
Dunno how I missed these, as they're quite obvious.

Grand Staff Construction Base, Exterior
1- Poster Mana Herb
Yet another poster; I had lots of problems with those.

Underwater item #21.

So 22 items in total, 9 of which were posters, and 12 of which were in Uhra (there were probably so many there since it's an early section of the game; as such, I likely wasn't as thorough as I would've been otherwise, and when I came back later assumed that I'd already gotten everything in the sections I'd been in). I'd recommend to anyone having problems on this achievement to try and figure out what type of item you're weak at, and focus on those if you're having problems. Also, Split's video guide is very useful as a cross-reference to see exactly where items are, especially for things like picks and rocks that disappear after you get them.

And a big thank you to you, Achiever, for posting the guide in the first place, and keeping an eye on this board for so long. If I could make one suggestion though, it would be that sections with invisible items, royal seals, treasure items, etc. would be asterisked or something to indicate to people that they should look down below to that section of the guide. After all, when you're looking at items in a particular section, crossing one off at a time, you don't necessarily think to look for those "specialty" items until you get to the bottom of the guide, which could cause extra backtracking and/or headache. It would be helpful if there was some kind of note for those things, in order to make people aware they're in a particular area earlier. It could be something as simple as, for example: "Path of Poison Mist 6 items *see link at bottom of guide for royal seal info.*" Just my two cents.

Currently boosting: Battlefield Bad Co., Halo Wars, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, Quantum of Solace, Riddick, Saints Row, Resident Evil 5-6, SSF4, & Unreal 3.

Last edited by Darth Villainous; 12-08-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Darth Villainous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #578
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

congrats dude your sugestion is good but I don't have enough space on my posts to post that lmao only on the very last post....
Old 12-08-2009, 08:56 PM   #579
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Achiever TM, i would like to thank you so much this absolute beast of a guide Got my Treasure Trove with no hitches whatsoever. (Only 65 hours gametime too), just to grind skills now.

Last edited by pined5551; 12-08-2009 at 09:02 PM.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:09 AM   #580
Hky4eva

TatlTa1eStrnglr's Gamercard
not even joking a hour after i bought this game, which was the first day it came out, i sold it on ebay
Old 12-12-2009, 03:42 AM   #581
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hky4eva View Post
not even joking a hour after i bought this game, which was the first day it came out, i sold it on ebay
So you openly admit to not even giving it a fair chance.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #582
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hky4eva View Post
you can do whatever you want with your games but I just don't understand why did you post that in this thread.

Last edited by Achiever TM; 12-12-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Achiever TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #583
I Orange I

I Orange I's Gamercard
Hey, having some troubles with some of the magic spells/items hidden in chests. Is there a magic item finder past level two? I cannot seem to get the blip for items such as Zephyrus or Coverus to appear so I can see the hidden chests. I am standing where it says I should, for example, Coverus I go all the way down the dead-end path hitting 'A' until I reach the wooden barrier indicating the dead end. No luck. =(

EDIT: I have found out my answer.

Last edited by I Orange I; 12-12-2009 at 08:05 PM.
I Orange I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:17 AM   #584
Gimper

Gimper's Gamercard
do side quests count towards Treasure Trove?
Gimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:50 AM   #585
RedOblivion711

redoblivion711's Gamercard
Hey, good job on the guide.

I just wanted to point out one thing...in the list of items for The Ipsilon Mts. - Near Mountain Hut area, on top of the 5 trees and 2 pots, theres also a treasure chest hidden on a small path on the eastern part of the area map, in a small little cave-like area. Figured that would be a good addition, and if you dont happen to actively look around, it can be easy to miss, especially if youre strictly following the guide.

EDIT: So not too long after I made this original post, I ended up getting the achievement! This guide was really helpful, and I wanted to express my gratitude to AchieverTM and everyone else who made have contributed to making this guide really shine.

I gotta admit though, I had originally combed through this game before I even found this site, and after using this guide, I was so surprised at how many items I had no idea were even around...it almost seemed like wayyy too many of them were near impossible to find unless you basically knew where to look for em and had this for reference lol. But yeah, let me be another voucher for how awesome this thing truly is. Good job, guys!

Last edited by RedOblivion711; 12-22-2009 at 06:46 AM.
RedOblivion711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:25 PM   #586
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimper View Post
do side quests count towards Treasure Trove?
no they don't (except one quest). check post #6.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:41 AM   #587
Vandit96

Vandit96's Gamercard
yupiiiiiiiiiii
I got my TT 10 min ago
Thanks Achiver_TM
Old 12-27-2009, 04:35 AM   #588
asayler

DoubleCoroner's Gamercard
I just got it!!!

I missed a few of the underwater items, and I didn't check off most of them, but fortunately I found the five or so I needed!

Thanks to Achiever TM and Incorrigible Space Cadet for the underwater map!

I was pretty upset when it didn't show up after Grand Staff, but a little more checking did it. I'm so glad I didn't have to start a new playthrough.

Thanks again!
asayler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:42 AM   #589
JAGI974

slipknot974's Gamercard
trove

You forgot one item in The Great Hall of Foul Creatures After Helltrap(black cave) after Cure-All you can pick curse blocker !!!
JAGI974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #590
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGI974 View Post
You forgot one item in The Great Hall of Foul Creatures After Helltrap(black cave) after Cure-All you can pick curse blocker !!!
thanks for your sugestion but i did not forget it. it's a treasure hunt, a link for all treasure hunt can be found at the begining of disc 2 - tosca village
Old 12-30-2009, 03:42 PM   #591
JAGI974

slipknot974's Gamercard
Talking Yeah

I've got the achievement
I've forgot to buy an item in Saman city.
Next achievement:
Ultimate Battler in star ocean(990/1000)!
JAGI974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:20 PM   #592
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

good luck with Ultimate Battler I may restart playing Star Ocean soon and get full 1k also
Old 01-01-2010, 07:57 AM   #593
Akabeth

Akabeth's Gamercard
Awesome checklist you've compiled here OP.

I'll be grinding me arse 'till school starts in less than a week :X
Akabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #594
Gimper

Gimper's Gamercard
Just got it Thanks Achiever TM and all who help put the guide together
Gimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:39 AM   #595
Mr Waggy

Thanks Achiever TM this has been a great help to me so far, especially when used in conjuction with Split's Youtube guide, although I admit to ignoring the Youtube guide most of the time otherwise this would take far too long.

So far I am left with the Temple of Enlightenment, Forgotten Cave and Terrace Cave as the only three places I've yet to backtrack into. I somehow missed the very first seed in the Ipsilon Mountains despite combing the place first, which took me another entire evening of backtracking to find. (Which may not bode well overall.) So at least now I have all the Skill Master achievements done.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be back here thanking you again once the achievement pops. If it doesn't, I shall cry. And backtrack once more. Once you've started doing it you just can't give up.

Update: I went through ToE, Terrace Cave and Forgotten Cave and I had every item. I thought I had messed it up. Then I remembered how I'd missed that Seed in the Ipsilon Mountains, so I went back there again. Guess what? Another tree right against the mountain I had somehow overlooked, kicked it and achievement unlocked. Big thanks Achiever TM and congratulations to all who have followed it and got the achievement. 1000/1000 Lost Odyssey.

"...Marvelous!"

Last edited by Mr Waggy; 01-08-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Mr Waggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #596
TriRock

TriRock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 2   You're DOOMED Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 1   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 42 (more» ...)
Thank you for this awesome guide, I just managed to get the TT achievement. Great work there.

Achievement #1000: Seek and Destroy - #10000: Fully Evolved - #20000: Data Security

Overachiever: 55 points - 16 Staff Clubs - C/F Clubs 10-5-2

TriRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:48 PM   #597
Thermopylae117

Thermopylae117's Gamercard
My Experience

I just want to tell my experience with this achievement considering I just got it literally 5 seconds ago.

I beat the 2nd Grand Staff part after following this guide religiously for only the 3rd and 4th disc. I did not know about the guide/difficulty of this achievement until the end of the 2nd disc. I had finished all side quests prior to 2nd Grand Staff this except the Seeds.

I went on my final seed search going through all the areas searching for my last 2 seeds (luckily I was only missing 2 from 1st and 2nd disc). I found them luckily enough in my first searching areas, Uhra Residental Area (in a black pot in middle of the road) and in Uhra Central Station somewhere.

Now my final challenge was to get the Treasure Trove achievement. Knowing that I had gotten every single item in the 3rd and 4th disc guide here (as well as all Seeds in the game *wipes forehead*), I started at the beginning of the guide in disc 1 areas.

I went through searching every pot/plant/etc finding nothing until I reached the Crimson Forest. I had missed just 1 Pillar in the
Near Swamp Area. Rejoice I finished the hardest achievement without having to spend over 40 minutes research the game!

Prior to actually going through every single part of the disc 1 guide to get this achievement, I had managed to find a bunch of Posters that I had skipped in the Great Gate Station (5 in total I think). I tell you this because it was very easy to miss for me at least when I started the game.

I tell you all this to hopefully give some hope to those still working on it, and some advice to tricky areas that I had skipped or missed that you might have missed as well if you had not followed the guide like I did at first.

Good luck!

PS: USE THE GUIDE FROM THE BEGINNING and I did collect the 3 capsules form Gongora's Mansion as well as do the mini quest for the 3 kids in Numara Canal area so I cant tell you if those are required for the achievement or not.
Arcade 200: 1
Working On: GH:SH, GH:M, GoW 2, Arcade Discs
Thermopylae117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #598
vgfanatic1

vgfanatic1's Gamercard
How long would it take to go back after I finish the game to get this achievement? Would it be easier to just start a new game+? Also, where is the auction house, and when do you gain access to it (almost done with 2nd disc)?
It seems to me that Black Ops just copied New Vegas and stripped it down to an arcade shooter. I mean NV revolutionized shooters with its "Aim Down Sights" system. Also they both have similar weapons like handguns, shotguns, assault rifles. Once again though, BO is lacking in that department with no unique weapons like laser guns. And the perk system? BO didn't even try to change the name!! They both have perks!!! Another blatant ripoff.
Look at the entire thread here.

Last edited by vgfanatic1; 02-03-2010 at 08:51 PM.
vgfanatic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #599
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgfanatic1 View Post
How long would it take to go back after I finish the game to get this achievement? Would it be easier to just start a new game+? Also, where is the auction house, and when do you gain access to it (almost done with 2nd disc)?
Auction House is avaliable right after you start disc 3 in Saman. if you start trackin all item from now on you know if you dont get your achievement when your done with the list then you just need to focus on discs 1 and 2. but a new game is better because you can keep a track of all the items from the beggining, even if you miss any1 you know which one(s) you are missing.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:26 PM   #600
Gor1lla

gor1lla the one's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Hey there,
just finished Grand Staff Part 2 and TT didnt unlocked. I opened all Inv Treasure/Seals/Cubics etc.
Dont rly want to backtrack, is it possible that i have to finish all the Side quests? e.g. http://lostodyssey.wikia.com/wiki/Si...anter%27s_Mask

Third in Germany to 1000 Batman: AA
First in Germany to 1000 Batman: AC
Gor1lla is offline   Reply With Quote