Armageddon Blade Piece Location Guide

Fully Avenged

UPDATE: New Video Guides added to the post below! If you would rather follow those instead of the text below, they are now there and available to you. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone. Couldn't see a guide like this on the Forums already so I figured I'd take 10 minutes to type one out seeing as lots of people seem to be having trouble with it. Here it is, and don't forget you need the Mask of Shadows equipped to pick up any of the 7 Shards:

Location - N/A

The first piece is pretty obvious: Right in front of you once you exit Eden.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Location - The Ashlands

The second piece is a little trickier to find. Starting from the Vulgrim teleport location, exit the tunnel as normal, and jump on Ruin. Go left and you should pass a few rocks jutting out of the wall, keep your eye on the left hand side until you see some of the rails War is capable of climbing [You know the sort]. Jump up onto the above ledge using these rails [You must jump off the back of Ruin to access the first rail, War's jump off the ground will not reach the ledge on it's own.]

Proceed down the ramp [The upward way is currently closed off] until you reach an area where you can see the Red Rocks blocking your path. Slightly to the left of these is a inert bomb plant [Which you require the wearing of the Mask of Shadows to see, thanks to Karachi King for this :)], use your Abyssal Chain to grab it, throw it at the Red Rocks, then use your Crossblade to light the bomb. Proceed up your newly created path, go across a chasm using the Abyssal Chain, and you should now have your 2nd piece.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Location - The Dry Road

Coming from the Vulgrim area underground, use your Abyssal Chain to access the demon growth across the way, and climb up it. From your position now, you should be able to see up a road. Turn right, and you should see a few ruins from broken buildings. Enter these, and the 3rd piece should be hidden behind one wall. [You'll be able to place it by the mini-map]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Location - Choking Grounds

This one gives many people grief. Head toward the area that you released the Earth Golem from earlier in the game [The ramp downward that leads to The Broken Stair], however, just before you reach the bottom, turn to your left and you should see a hole in the ground. Jump down through it, and follow the path to a room.

Inside the room, step in, and turn to look left. You should see a Shadowflight path. Use it to get to the next floor, where you'll see some Red Rocks and an inert bomb. Use your Crossblade to light it using a nearby pipe, and then proceed to the next floor via demon growth.

From here, you may be confused where to go. Head across to the area where there's a gap in the ceiling above, and look up. You should see a mass of demon growth. Use your Abyssal Chain to pull yourself up to it. In the next room above, equip your Mask of Shadows, and a Shadowflight orb should appear. Jump in to it to finally reach the top of the building, and your 4th shard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Location - The Broken Stair

To get to #5, simply follow the path across the broken highways as you did earlier when you gained access to the Twilight Cathedral. The 5th shard will be on the top of the building. [Where you previously got shown a cutscene of the angels.]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Location - The Crossroads

To access #6, equip your Mask of Shadows, and a group of Shadowflight Orbs should appear. Jump into the one on the ground, and get up onto the ledge that allows you to run to the next orb, located in mid-air. Equip your Abyssal Chain before jumping into the second one, as you need to use it to access the nearby roof which holds the third orb. Use the third orb when you get up onto the roof, and it will push you onto another ledge. Turn left here and you should see your sixth and penultimate shard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Location - Drowned Pass

To get to the last of the Shards, look straight ahead from Vulgrim's position. You'll see two buildings, and most likely the Shard too. You want to get to the furthest away building, in the south. Take the left-hand route around the buildings, stay above water, and keep your eye out when you get to the second building for some stairs. You need to climb these, so jump out of the water, and run up them, all the way to the top of the building.

When you get to the top, spin around 180 degrees, equip the Mask of Shadows, and look up. You should see a grapple point. Use it to get on top of the building. From here, the last piece should be in perfect sight, but you'll notice there's a gap between you. However, a nearby wall creates a perfect path from you to the shard. Jump on it, cross, and obtain your final shard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best of luck to everyone, and I hope this guide helps you in your search for the Armageddon Blade.

Edited by Fully Avenged

If you would prefer to find the Armageddon Blade pieces using a video guide instead, here's a video for each of the seven. All credit goes to Delc0, who created the videos in the first place:

[Please note, these videos may not be in the same order as the above text is organised, but they WILL allow you to find all seven. Therefore, it is my recommendation that you only use the video guides OR the text guide, unless you're willing to keep a check-list of which locations you've actually found them in.]:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shard Piece 1:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I17dgLv7nQk]YouTube- Darksiders Playthrough Part 127 Armageddon Blade Piece 1 of 7[/ame]

Shard Piece 2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfUlUUC94RA]YouTube- Darksiders Playthrough Part 128 Armageddon Blade Piece 2 of 7[/ame]

Shard Piece 3:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBxiAs5QJxE]YouTube- Darksiders Playthrough Part 131 Armageddon Blade Piece 3 of 7[/ame]

Shard Piece 4:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGm8IPmQnNo]YouTube- Darksiders Playthrough Part 133 Armageddon Blade Piece 4 of 7[/ame]

Shard Piece 5:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXNtWlkAonA]YouTube- Darksiders Playthrough Part 135 Armageddon Blade Piece 5 of 7[/ame]

Shard Piece 6:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d30tZFi6z7E]YouTube- Darksiders Playthrough Part 138 Armageddon Blade Piece 6 of7 Missing Vulgrim Location and Hidden Chests[/ame]

Shard Piece 7:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOuwyO0iVkE]YouTube- Darksiders Playthrough Part 142 Armageddon Blade Piece 7 of 7 and Uriel Fight and Missing Vulgrim Location[/ame]

Edited by Fully Avenged

nice one it's helpfull but not really needed to be honest :D hehe the map tells you where they are, on the location / warp map it tells you which locations have a piece and when your in the actual zone your minimap tells you where they are, but at least you gave descriptions as i do know a few people didnt realise they needed certain equipment for some of them.

nice one it's helpfull but not really needed to be honest :D hehe the map tells you where they are, on the location / warp map it tells you which locations have a piece and when your in the actual zone your minimap tells you where they are, but at least you gave descriptions as i do know a few people didnt realise they needed certain equipment for some of them.

I feel that I must disagree really, I saw several posts asking the locations of certain shards, and even one or two posts saying that someone should make a guide - I simply decided to take the time to do it, I felt it would've been a helpful addition tbh.

Either way, thanks for your comment. Here's hoping this guide will help some of those people out there struggling. :)

Good guide, there were a couple here that I was starting to get annoyed with. Fun game, now that I got my blade, let's see what happens.

Thanks Aoskins. It's a shame you get the Blade at such a late point in the game. It absolutely tears sh*t up but you get hardly any chances to use it before the final battle.

I suppose if you collect all the Collectibles at the *end* of the game instead you'd use it more. Unfortunately I didn't take that route.

anything that helps is absolutely welcome. I was staring at the one in Choking Grounds thinking WTF? I knew how to get into the building, but I didn't think to pull myself up using the chain onto the "vines" even though I have done it a number of times before in different areas. If it isn't blatantly obvious in the game, there will be questions. Glancing at the guide made me feel like an idiot, but it helped.

I mostly agree with Sentyu, but there were definitely alot of threads asking how to get the pieces, so hopefully this sticky will stop that.

For #2, I thought you needed to use the mask of shadows to see the inert bombs on the wall? Unless I just didn't see them earlier...

I believe you're correct, thanks for reminding me. ;)

Edit - Added it in now, and credit has been given where credit is due, thanks again Karachi! :)

Edited by Fully Avenged

anything that helps is absolutely welcome. I was staring at the one in Choking Grounds thinking WTF? I knew how to get into the building, but I didn't think to pull myself up using the chain onto the "vines" even though I have done it a number of times before in different areas. If it isn't blatantly obvious in the game, there will be questions. Glancing at the guide made me feel like an idiot, but it helped.

Haha, yeah, Choking Grounds had me confused for *ages*, finally did it and I felt so dumb for not realising :p It was kinda the moment where I thought 'Xbox360A could use a guide like this' xD Glad to hear it helped you, too. :)