Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
This show has just gone ott.
iBlessing 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:17 AM   #632
Ortep

ortep's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie View Post
We've covered that numerous times in here.. The vision of Alex was clearly Esau.. Esau and Jacob had a "deal" that neither one could actually kill each other (see the beginning of the finale of last season). So, Esau used Alex, Locke, etc. in order to get Benjamin to kill Jacob for him..
Firstly, it was rhetorical, hence no ending question mark.

Secondly, it's supposed to be ambiguous as is the nature of the show.

And finally, I'm not a fan of the name Easu, it makes too many assumptions. I'm going to call him Bob until something more bulletproof comes along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Don't ya just love it when people don't check?
Yeah, because i'm going to read through 20 pages of stuff i've already read through for the most part just to make sure i don't repeat a paragraph in a completely different context.

Don't ya just love it when people are needlessly sarcastic?
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #633
Krazie

Send a message via AIM to Krazie

Krazie x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   5,000 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Word of Mouth   Poker Tournament 2nd Place   Football Manager 2006 Tournament Runner-Up   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
Firstly, it was rhetorical, hence no ending question mark.

Secondly, it's supposed to be ambiguous as is the nature of the show.

And finally, I'm not a fan of the name Easu, it makes too many assumptions. I'm going to call him Bob until something more bulletproof comes along.

Yeah, because i'm going to read through 20 pages of stuff i've already read through for the most part just to make sure i don't repeat a paragraph in a completely different context.

Don't ya just love it when people are needlessly sarcastic?
I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, sorry if it came across that way, was only answering your question. Sure it lacked a question mark, but it sure sounded like a question to me lol.. Don't get all up in arms when I was only trying to help, cause I sense some attitude
Krazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:48 PM   #634
nawtbird

nawtbird's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
when does this season start up again?

1000 Gamerscore - Retail:
NBA Street Homecourt | TMNT | Meet The Robinsons | NBA 2k6 | NHL 2k6 | Madden 06 | MLB 2K6 | Open Season | CSI: Hard Evidence | LOST: Via Domus | AVATAR: TLA: TBE | Madden 09 | WoO: Sprint Cars | Assassins Creed 2

200 Gamerscore - Arcade:
Dash of Destruction

Currently Working/Boosting on: Halo: Reach, Halo Wars, NHL 10
nawtbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:09 PM   #635
Bearded Bugs

Bearded Bugs's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawtbird View Post
when does this season start up again?
Which season? If you mean the new season, then I'm pretty sure it's starting in January.

Bearded Bugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #636
Purge

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Unfortunately there are no dates confirmed yet as to when this will be on Sky, but we can confirm it will be in the first week of Feb 2010.

It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?

Last edited by Purge; 10-07-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #637
BBQ

Send a message via MSN to BBQ

suicide mercy's Gamercard
Thought I'd Revive This Thread With A Very Interesting Theory,

I'll make this as brief as I can:

Meet Hans Oersted:

Hans O. discovered electromagnetism in 1820.

In 1999 the 'Oersted' satellite was launched with the purpose of charting Earth's magnetic field. The findings led scientists to believe that there might be a polar reversal imminent, the effects of which could be cataclysmic: if Earth were to lose its magnetosphere, it would be vulnerable to massive radiation from the space/sun. The satellite also revealed an anomaly in the magnetic field under South Africa; it is pointing the opposite direction from the rest of the Earth's field and has been growing for hundreds of years. Please Google this info. A similar idea was also used in the film 'The Core'.

Meet Hannes Alfvén:

His contribution to science - mainly in the field of electromagnetism - revolutionized how scientists view the universe, winning a Nobel Prize on the way. He spoke English, German, French, Russian, and some Spanish and Chinese; and studied oriental philosophy and religion. He spent time in the Fiji Islands. He was fascinated by the "green flash" - a phenomenon that sometimes occurs at sunset. By no coincidence (Green Lantern and Flash comic):

He also wrote fiction: The Great Computer: A Vision (1968) telling the story of computers taking over the world. Google "Hannes Alfvén".

Alfvén plus Hans O. equals Alvar Hanso.

The above outlines the reason for - and a means to control - the island...

Scientists, fearing the cataclysmic events of a polar reversal, prepared an environment for the survival of the human race. They either directly or indirectly engineered the kind of people who would make up a community fit for survival and propagation of a new world. In the main, this means characters without father/mother figures; and/or characters with skills for survival: a doctor, an engineer, a survivalist, a mercenary; and characters of sufficiently varied genetic background: african, caucasian, asian, etc. to ensure a healthy gene pool for generations.

Then on an island which already had a massive natural source of electromagnetism, they constructed an artificial magnetosphere, alluded to in Walt's/Hurley's comic:

to repel the deadly cosmic rays that Earth's magnetosphere used to repel. The hope was that the community could thrive, grow and, eventually, repopulate/recover the world.

The Dharma Initiative under Alvar Hanso (if both of these thing exist in the Lost reality - much of the Orientation film is red herrings for the 'survivors') used a technology based on remote viewing and electromagnetism to power this magnetosphere and to influence the lives of the future island candidates. As stated in another of my posts: every strange (and a lot of mundane) occurrences in Lost can be attributed to electromagnetism as wielded by the collective consciousness on the island (see "Enlightenment Theory"). When all the candidates were in place, i.e. on the plane, the collective consciousness knocked everyone out, brought it down, cryogenically preserved them, dismantled the plane (placing enough debris in the ocean to ensure an "everybody dead" verdict); years later, some plane debris was placed on the beach with the passengers and the scene was set to give the illusion that they had JUST crashed. Then the collective consciousness woke them up.

The joke/password about the snowmen is an allusion to being cryogenically frozen.

The collective consciousness is that group of scientists that became so totally absorbed into remote viewing and electromagnetism that they now operate on frequencies of electromagnetism (covering everything from light to sound) only. They can read minds as well as manipulate iron and other conductive material. Claire wondered why there was not one comb or hairbrush on the entire plane; the reason: the slight electrostatic charges that hairbrushing creates is interference for the collective consciousness.

Much of the Orientation film and what Desmond says is false and purely to ensure that our heroes press those bloody buttons every 108 minutes. The purpose is threefold: to provide a focus for the community - a reason to go on and something 'meaningful' that goes beyond rational decision-making; secondly, to protect the hatch/power-supply/scientists behind the concrete; and, thirdly, to download the information from the Oersted satellite as it orbits the Earth every 108 minutes (please Google this) to get the latest on the magnetic poles.

The collective consciousness messed with this bird's navigation (based on magnetism - birds have magnetite in their beaks).

Sayid tells Jack that either the compass is wrong or North has moved. In fact, North has moved.

Walt seems to become a knife-throwing expert. He isn't. The metal knife was guided by the collective consciousness in an attempt to bring him closer to Locke, who is the island's most faithful servant.

The presence of this ship is an indication that this island has always been known as a source of great magnetic power (the word "magnet" comes from "Magnesia" the land where the first black rock with powers of attraction was found). The location of this ship is an indication of the island's volcanic past - pushing the island higher - the ship is now inland. (Lava cools to form basalt; at the point basalt solidifies it takes on the same magnetic field as the surrounding location, thus providing information of the magnetic field's past.)

BF Skinner's dubious theories form the basis for the methods used by collective consciousness to socially engineer this 'utopia'. They are the voices in the trees, they are the visions, they are the black fog (metal in a magnetic field), the monster (mechanical, but designed to embody each survivor's personal fear). They use every psychological trick in his books to manipulate the survivors into forming a stable long-lasting community ON the island; and their means to this end are extensive.

The two images above are an explicit example of how the influence of the Dharma's collective consciousness has pervaded in the survivors' lives: notice the octagonal ceiling in both shots; and the metal balls in the second scene.

The opening shot of most episodes - the eye - establishes that this epsiode's main character will percieve what the collective consciousness wishes to show them. In this episode, Boone has an epiphanous vision courtesy of the collective consciousness and is later murdered with a falling plane!

Locke can walk now. Locke has no feeling in his legs. Locke's ability to walk is based on the collective consciousness' will. It makes him obedient. This level of obediency may be required of all the survivors eventually. His legs move because the collective consciousness allows those tiny electronic impulses from his brain via the spine to get through to muscles in his legs.

To summarize: our heroes never actually crashed; they are the future of mankind - the survivors of a cataclysmic polar event of which they are unaware; they are on the island to survive, procreate and repopulate the Earth. They are unaware of this plan which is sustained by a sophisticated collective consciousness and a group of scientists using electromagnetic power, and psychological techniques of reward and punishment.

There is more, but that's the gist.

This Theory Is Disscussed Here:
(http://www.4815162342.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3377)

FM$
Tasks:
- Fallout: New Vegas (930/1405)
-Fable III (655/1250)
- Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (30/200)

Last edited by BBQ; 11-06-2009 at 06:49 PM.
BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:02 PM   #638
Rocket

x2x rocket x2x's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Member of the Month   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Nice theory, but how then is it that they can move to and from the Island (the others) and how is it that everyone that left the island, was allowed to?

Also a lot more to go into this...but don't have the time right now, I'll post some more in a bit.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:01 PM   #639
BBQ

Send a message via MSN to BBQ

suicide mercy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Nice theory, but how then is it that they can move to and from the Island (the others) and how is it that everyone that left the island, was allowed to?

Also a lot more to go into this...but don't have the time right now, I'll post some more in a bit.
This Is Due To The Collective Consciousness.

FM$
Tasks:
- Fallout: New Vegas (930/1405)
-Fable III (655/1250)
- Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (30/200)

BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:54 PM   #640
Rocket

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Member of the Month   1,000 Posts   Bright Idea
Like I said, its a nice theory, but I don't see it as close to being possible. With the largest gaping hole being Claire. She was what, 7 months pregnant when she got on the plane? Can't freeze that in time...

Also, with Desmond and the button, how was that false? When they didn't press the button, the whole hatch exploded. Completely obliterated. Also giving Desmond the gift of foresight. We also see in season 5, how and why the hatch is where it is and how it became to be. We learn what the incident is that is being talked about in the films.

With Season 5 we've learned a lot more, seen the Mythologies of the show unfold at a much faster pace, even though all the while adding more questions with little answers.

We are now introduced to Jacob, and 'Esau'. We see that 'Esau' wants and infact needs to kill Jacob. We also see that in the end, he succeeds by having Ben do this for him.

Its theorized, and widely believed that 'Esau' is the Smoke monster, and that he controls the dead. By making the dead walk. We see this in the form of Jack's father, Christian Shepherd, Claire, Mr. Eko's brother, the Dharma group, and then Locke.

While the science of everything is there, its more of a battle of good and evil when it comes down to it. About changing destinies and fate.

With Locke's legs, what about... damn her name is on the tip of my tongue... "Eve" so to speak, the black lady married to the white dentist guy. She had terminal cancer, but its gone... Healed by the island. There are a lot of things that aren't explained this is true, but the "collective consciousness" would have saved Ben, being only a child, instead he was offered up to what one can only assume was 'Esau' as it took his innocense away.

Now I'm not dogging your theory you've posted, but it also appears that from what you've written (if it is you that wrote it also not judging on that) you're a bit behind on what has happened in Season 4 and 5. Where a lot about the island, the DI, Jacob and the Losties is explained...
Old 11-09-2009, 09:40 AM   #641
Denny Crane

Send a message via Yahoo to Denny Crane

AMERICAN HER0's Gamercard

You hear the one about the fella who died, went to the pearly gates? St. Peter let him in. Sees a guy in a suit making a closing argument. Says, "Who's that?" St. Peter says, "Oh, that's God. Thinks he's Denny Crane."
Denny Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:04 PM   #642
Rocket

Bit of info for anyone who has not heard...

Lost Final season is set to premiere Feb 2010 and it will have a 1 hour recap first, just like last season, but Lost will now Air on Tuesdays in the US...

Have to say I like the day switch personally... Too many good shows on Thursday, and with only 1 DVR, I can only record 2 shows at a time... Bones, Supernatural, CSI, LOST... I always had to try and watch one in the other room...
Old 11-28-2009, 12:21 AM   #643
Purge

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Oh lord, I'm running down with a LOST FEVER. I feel like a re-watch.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:53 PM   #644
Rocket

Well, this past weekend I did a whole Season 5 re-watch via Netflix. I was a little pissed at the end of the last episode when they didn't show Jack waking up, thought that was the coolest part of the episode.

Few things I noticed.

-Ajira Flight 316 and in the Episode where we see Miles with his mom looking at the apartment, the microwave clock reads 3:16. Now, the number 4 8 15 16 23 42, and the 16 is there, but no 3. So I'm thinking that either that link is merely the flight, or could be in referece to maybe John 3:16, being the popular verse from the bible.

- Sayid shooting Ben: Now when Kate and Sawyer take lil Ben to Richard, they say he'll have no memory of what happened. And with "what happened, happened" why is it that Ben and Sayid seem to be linked together? To me, it seems as though Ben does have some memory of it, perhaps just a gut feeling that it was Sayid that shot him? He tells Sayid that he is a killer, has Sayid kill all those people. I don't know, it just really seems to me that Ben knows that they are linked somehow and that is why he seems more I don't want to say favorful, but vindictive with Sayid in certain aspects.

- Locke: Few things I picked up on relatively early on during my rewatch. When Locke, Ben and Richard go to the point when Locke gets flashed forward in time. By this point, Locke is already showing that he isn't really the same Locke. His whole demeanor was off, and that 'Esau' was portraying the more vengeful side of Locke that we seen in the past, but it was more full on so to speak. We really see this come full circle when Locke tells all of the "Others" that he has a big surprise in store for them, and when he tells Richard that they are going to have to kill the rest of the people from the flight that brought him back to the Island.

Hurley and his visions of the dead: Now, I'm still a bit shaky on this, but after they got back to the island, he didn't have anymore encounters with anyone. His last one was with Ana Lucia when he got "pulled over". Now, Jacob tells him that he is not cursed, but blessed or its a gift. But what if, throughout it all, it was 'Esau' actually doing it? He wasn't touched by Jacob until just before he went back to the Island. Unlike everyone else that we seen, where they were touched well before they went to the Island the first time. So maybe, just maybe but with Jacob saying its a gift I don't really know.

Loophole: This has been discussed in here a few times, and I'm sure I've brought this up in my previous posts, but I think I figured out the most adequate scenario for the loophole.

1. When you are forced to leave the Island, or when you move the Island, you can't go back. At least you aren't supposed to. Charles Widmore even says its not possible, as he's tried for 20 years.
2. Ben moved the Island in Locke's place. He did this in my view to either a) get away from it because of what happened to his daughter and didn't want to be judged by the Smoke Monster; or b) because he wanted to exact his revenge on Widmore for the death of his daughter; or c) because he was Jealous that Locke was chosen to do it instead of him. Thus, making Locke the leader of the Island and its people.
3. Locke was ressurected by Jacob. So he is one of Jacob's "chosen" as I will refer to them.
4. Ben, being off the Island, kills Locke. Now, there is no Leader of the people, so it reverts back to Ben.
5. Ben, now being Leader again, can return to the Island.
6. 'Esau' taking Locke's form now has his loophole. A fallen Leader who has technically regained his status returning to the Island. Who is under the assumption that Locke is now alive again, and must follow his every word.
7. Ben kills Jacob.

And Miles brought up I think the best point in the entire season. That Faraday was wrong, and that 'What if the incident was them dropping the Plutonium core down the shaft?'. He had been following how things went very well. Whatever happened, happened, can't be changed. The dialogue, the actions taken, everything. So Jack not saving Ben was how it was supposed to be, Sayid being tortured, everything we seen was the way it was supposed to be. Them coming back in time had already set the events in motion for them landing on the Island on flight 815. So nothing they did or didn't do would actually change anything.

However... now this part I think actually did change. When Faraday and Charlotte are in the Jungle, and she is getting ready to die, she starts rambling off things. "Not supposed to have chocolate before dinner" and telling Daniel that someone told her to leave the Island and never come back and that she thinks it was Daniel that did it. Those were new memories to her! Just like when Desmond woke up to his memory of Daniel telling him to find his mother at Oxford. It was a new memory to him. So when Daniel meets back up with Sawyer and Julliete, he tells them that Charlotte died, she just disappeared with the last flash. Why? Why would she just vanish? She wouldn't! She would have jumped in time with everyone else, just like she had been. Instead, I think what Daniel did was alter the future. He changed what her future was by instilling that new memory, telling her not to come back to the Island when she was a child. I think he realized that when she disappeared, and I think that is why he thought, or appeared to think that humans are the variables in the equation.

Which we find out is only partially true, taking the Charlotte scenario into effect.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:28 PM   #645
Rocket

Now my biggest quandry at this time is, how did Ben get back to the Dharma group? We hear Charles Widmore tell him that he'll be back with his father soon enough, but then we see a bit later that Charles had sent Ben and Ethan to kill Russo and her baby. But from past season (can't remember which one) we see Ben working along side his father as a Workman, having a Beer just before Ben kills them all.

So how is all this possible? Does he just go back as a child and play the part for a while? It isn't until Ben kills all the Dharma group that Widmore is sent away on the Sub. If Ben went back as a child and played the part, he WOULD know that it was Sayid that shot him, that he infact was shot and thought to be dead. His father would have told him all of this, so maybe that is why Ben is so vindictive towards Sayid? Or maybe he did just stumble in just before he killed everybody? Like "look, I'm alive, I'm back"? But that doesn't seem likely to me.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:31 PM   #646
Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

With LOST just around the corner I thought I'd re-ignite the thread. Spoiler warning.

Since the start of season three we can now clearly see that Desmond commits heavily to the plot. In the third season episode 'Greatist Hits' when Charlie and Desmond are above water in the raft, Desmond says to Charlie '"Maybe I keep seeing you die because I'm supposed to take your place." This may refer to the third/fourth episode of season six entitled 'The Substitute.' We also know that Desmond appears on the Oceanic 815 flight in the alternate time-line universe during the first two-hours of the lost opening episodes. Instead of Daniel's mother being wrong it could be he that was wrong, it may only be Desmond who is a variable who can change his own destiny etc.

Comments on my tiny theory?

Old 01-04-2010, 03:03 PM   #647
Indyy xXx

Indyy xXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
i love lost! i cant wait for season 6 in feb but im quite sad that its the last one luckily when i started watching lost me and my bf would download lots of eps in advance so we could like watch it all day when we finally caught up we were like man! why cant they make it quicker! XD but yeah i love it!

Thanks To jtr1gg3r For An Awesome Sig!!!
Indyy xXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:28 AM   #648
Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

LOST binge sessions are so good. I once watched season one to four in one session, yikes.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:08 AM   #649
SabreOscar

Send a message via AIM to SabreOscar

o0 SABRE 0o's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I could have sworn this thread used to be stickied. I cant wait for this show to come back.
SabreOscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #650
Krazie

Krazie x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   5,000 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Word of Mouth   Poker Tournament 2nd Place   Football Manager 2006 Tournament Runner-Up   Submit - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreOscar View Post
I could have sworn this thread used to be stickied. I cant wait for this show to come back.
The thread lost a lot of steam awhile after season 5 ended. I'm sure that once season 6 starts, there will be a lot of discussion going on once things start getting answered, so it'll probably have a few more months with a sticky
Old 01-09-2010, 02:18 AM   #651
Indyy xXx

Indyy xXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
"don't tell me what i can and can't do....dammit!!!" XD

Thanks To jtr1gg3r For An Awesome Sig!!!
Indyy xXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #652
Rocket

Quote:
The thread lost a lot of steam awhile after season 5 ended. I'm sure that once season 6 starts, there will be a lot of discussion going on once things start getting answered, so it'll probably have a few more months with a sticky
Yeah...cause I have to search to find it now :P

I just wish someone *cough* Krazie *cough* would reply to my theories above...
Old 01-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #653
Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purge View Post

With LOST just around the corner I thought I'd re-ignite the thread. Spoiler warning.

Since the start of season three we can now clearly see that Desmond commits heavily to the plot. In the third season episode 'Greatist Hits' when Charlie and Desmond are above water in the raft, Desmond says to Charlie '"Maybe I keep seeing you die because I'm supposed to take your place." This may refer to the third/fourth episode of season six entitled 'The Substitute.' We also know that Desmond appears on the Oceanic 815 flight in the alternate time-line universe during the first two-hours of the lost opening episodes. Instead of Daniel's mother being wrong it could be he that was wrong, it may only be Desmond who is a variable who can change his own destiny etc.

Comments on my tiny theory?
Sorry for the Double Post, Krazie can merge them (really am sorry, just read Purge's post)

See, there are a few things to point out here...

Charlotte - I don't think she died on the island, she never went back. We didn't see her body, Daniel said she just disappeared during the last flash. Her last words to Daniel were new memories she had of him telling her not to go back, and her conversatin she had with him when he told her to get her mommy and leave the island. So I think Daniel in fact was able to change things there.

I also don't think Daniel is wrong at all. I think he in fact is right, about humans being the variables. Only problem is that his 'solution' was actually the incident. Because he didn't study what the incident was before he went to the island on the boat, he would have no idea what the right move would be to actually change things.

Had they not dropped the nuke down the hole, perhaps nothing would have happened. We know that Dr. Chang's hand was missing after the incident in the 'future' because you see he has a prosthetic hand in the orientation video when he talks about the incident.

I think that had they done nothing, then nothing would have happened, and they would have flashed forward with no memory or possibly with memory who knows, to flight 815, it would have landed safely blah blah blah. The reason I think they didn't do that, Desmond. Everything we seen on the island was not really about him, and they wouldn't just cut him out of the end of it all.

The survivors can change the future, they just keep making the decisions to keep things they way they already happened. Had Jack saved Ben, maybe Ben wouldn't have turned out the way he did, or maybe he would have. That fork in the road may have led to the same destination, we'll never know.

One thing is certain though, they did change things. The picture is one big one, Ben may have known who some of them were from when he was a child, we don't know yet. I think they may explore some of that this season, I really hope they do. I want to know if he goes back to Dharma, and when. Big gap in the storyline there.

On a side note for the Season Premeire...

Julliete I think is dead. What we've learned from the flashes is that when you flash forward, you're in the same spot on the island that you were before the flash. Locke being down the hole, Sawyer holding the rope, etc. So if she was down the hole, it blew up, everyone flashed forward...she's encased down there or buried on the island somewhere. Perhaps Miles may find her body? Sawyer gets to say his goodbyes, or maybe she has info for them?
Old 02-03-2010, 05:41 AM   #654
Krazie

Krazie x360a's Gamercard

Well.. What's everyone's thoughts?!

The first hour didn't really hold many surprises for me, but the second hour had me going a few times!

Can't wait til next Tuesday!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:05 AM   #655
TWOGOOD4U

Send a message via AIM to TWOGOOD4U

v2 G O O D 4 Uv's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Well.. What's everyone's thoughts?!

The first hour didn't really hold many surprises for me, but the second hour had me going a few times!

Can't wait til next Tuesday!

Definitely, i got a couple of questions answered that were quite interesting. cant wait for the next episode

TWOGOOD4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:03 PM   #656
DarthSoth

I DarthSoth I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Fake Locke just straight out stating that he was smokie was pretty cool. Poor Juliette. We basically see her die 3 or 4 times in the last 2 episodes. First when she drops into the hole, then when she smacks the bomb to make it go off and end the season and now just as she was about to tell James something. Damn.

The strange alternant time line on the plane now and with them still back on the island really has me going. I just hope they don't pull a Super Mario 2 at the end of it all and we find out the stuff on the island was just a flipping dream. I think that would likely urk me something fierce.

So glad that Lost is back on now. That was a pretty good season priemere. Next week I'm guessing that we finally find out what Kate did as the name of the episode is "What Kate Did"

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
DarthSoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:59 PM   #657
Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlessing 09 View Post
This show has just gone ott.
Your spamming has just gone over the top, right over the rainbow, past the unicorns and chocolate leprechauns.

LOST WAS AMAZING.

What's everyones opinions or theories on:
* Desmond disappearing from the plane midflight.
* Charlie saying he was 'supposed to die'.
* Jack's cut on his neck.
* The fact Juliet told us 'it worked'.
* Sayid coming back to life.
* The pool being dirty.
* Richard being told 'it's nice to see you out of chains' by Flocke.
* Flocke being the black smoke.
* Richard telling everyone not to shoot Flocke.
* Jack saying 'nothing is irreversible'.
* Jack recognized Desmond when he first met him, but didn't on the plane.
* Christian was not on the plane.
* Flocke's home.
* You're own.

I'll share tiny opinions so the post doesn't become too long.

* Desmond is a variable and can switch between the two alternate realities. It could also be coincidence that he was on the plane. The fact the Island was underwater also might state that the hydrogen bomb went off. The bomb itself wouldn't be able to sink the island but it might have opened the magnetic pocket and sunk the island. This would have killed Widmore and Desmond would have no reason to win the boat race and would never go to the Island.
* When Charlie died in the original timeline, he ventured into this timeline and realized that to die, mean't rescue for the other Oceanic 815 survivors.
* I believe Jack cut his neck in the other timeline and the Jack in the alternate timeline also got the blow.
* Juliet switched between the two alternate realities, she asked where she was to James and I believe she was speaking to her sister.
* Revival is a new thing, even the almighty Richard told us 'dead is dead'. I believe this is either Jacob or Flocke, well Jacob's nemesis inhabitting Locke. That's why the interpretor was shocked and if I'm correct had a tone of danger in his voice. This could mean that the black smoke monster is inside their walls, or that Jacob has been revived.
* I believe the death of Jacob mean't that the pool would not work. The Japanese other cut his hand and stuck it in the water to see if it would heal. He probably knew it would heal Sayid eventually and that's why he said it was risky, or maybe he even had to die before being brought back to life.
* Richard was a slave or a prisoner on the Black Rock when he and Flocke originally met up. That's when Richard was granted immortality and eternal youth.
* The ring of ash surrounding the cabin was actually keeping Flocke inside. When the ring of ash was broken, the monster was set loose. One of the new arrivals on the Island (bret?) tries to circle himself in ash. He does so and the monster can not get him, but he trips outside the circle and get's killed.
* It was gunshots that were the catalyst to Flocke turning into the black smoke. Richard knew it would only anger him and get everyone killed, so he saved their lives.
* Maybe Jack fixes Locke in the alternate timeline and just as Oceanic 815 crashes in the other-time line he is able to walk. That's a really stupid idea lol.
* The plane never crashed, so they never met.
* Christian is back on the Island, even if it is underwater.
* I believe the Temple is Flocke's home. It was the original home for the black smoke when Jin wen't back in time but it is ruled by the Others at the time of Dharma. I am almost certain that's where he is heading, rather than off-island.

Anyone else got any theories?

Last edited by Purge; 02-04-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:06 PM   #658
DarthSoth

I DarthSoth I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purge View Post
Your spamming has just gone over the top, right over the rainbow, past the unicorns and chocolate leprechauns.

LOST WAS AMAZING.

What's everyones opinions or theories on:
* Desmond disappearing from the plane midflight.
* Charlie saying he was 'supposed to die'.
* Jack's cut on his neck.
* The fact Juliet told us 'it worked'.
* Sayid coming back to life.
* The pool being dirty.
* Richard being told 'it's nice to see you out of chains' by Flocke.
* Flocke being the black smoke.
* Richard telling everyone not to shoot Flocke.
* Jack saying 'nothing is irreversible'.
* Jack recognized Desmond when he first met him, but didn't on the plane.
* Christian was not on the plane.
* Flocke's home.
* You're own.

Anyone else got any theories?
*Desmond's dissapearance could be as simple as him going back to his own seat for the landing. His carry on was likely there anyway so it could be that simple.

*Personally I think that Richard goes back even further than the Black Rock, Like back to when the statue was originally built and he was an Egyptian slave that helped build the statue and was then set free by Jackob after it was built.

*Jack recognizing Desmond was a little strange but they did meet while running in the football stadium in the states, so again that may be where he recognized him from. It was a pretty brief meeting and happend years before.

The new alternante time line has a lot of strange differences in it though, so who knows what flashback events from before still happened. It is pretty bizarre having them follow both the regular and alternate timelines at the same time. Wonder how that will all play out in the end.

DarthSoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:11 PM   #659
Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Do you not think that Rose and Bernard not seeing him either was a bit strange? Maybe Jack is the only one that can see him... that would be interesting. The Egyptian Richard theory could work, it would explain his awkward eyeliner. They all used it back then.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:02 PM   #660
Emfulz

Send a message via MSN to Emfulz

EMFULZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I just started watching this show since the previews of the new season look good. I never liked it when it first came out but thanks to Hulu I can watch all season 1-5. I started last week and I'm half way through season 3 and it's getting real interesting, besides I want to bash Michaels face in.

I have a question though, did the plane really crash from the hatch system failure, is the guy with the tumor saying it was fate because of Jack, or did it fall for other reasons I have yet to watch?

Signature by Cpt Slaugh7er
Emfulz is offline   Reply With Quote