PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Tournaments
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #61
MattDB87

Send a message via ICQ to MattDB87 Send a message via AIM to MattDB87 Send a message via MSN to MattDB87 Send a message via Yahoo to MattDB87 Send a message via Skype™ to MattDB87

Matt DB87's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - First Place   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pashos View Post
Posting the same exact think a half hour later definitely won't get you what you want either.
That was an accident pashos, i don't know why it did that.
Old 02-07-2010, 05:55 PM   #62
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
The Monthly Tourneys and the badges where one of the major selling points in me subscribing, and I know for a fact some of the new subscribers feel the same way. I don't always participate, but I like the option of being able to. So going from 12 chances to get Tourney badges in a year to 4 seem a bit drastic, especially if brought on by this situation.

Just my opinion. Looking at past badges, it seems only the top 2 winner in the beginning were given badges. While I agree the top 4 is ridiculous (when did that even start???) why don't we just go back to top 2 or 3 each month get them. then you at least feel like you've earned it.

And this is just a stab in the dark, but there is a lot of talk about adding a point value to the awards (regardless of it being removed in the last few days). So if that is true, what about increasing the value of your badge instead of a new badge all together. Maybe one for arcade game and one for retail.

Just a thought. That may not even be happening...But I think you will loose subscriber traffic by moving it to quarterly badges.

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests
Old 02-07-2010, 06:11 PM   #63
MattDB87

Send a message via ICQ to MattDB87 Send a message via AIM to MattDB87 Send a message via MSN to MattDB87 Send a message via Yahoo to MattDB87 Send a message via Skype™ to MattDB87

Matt DB87's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - First Place   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filter x360a View Post
The Monthly Tourneys and the badges where one of the major selling points in me subscribing, and I know for a fact some of the new subscribers feel the same way. I don't always participate, but I like the option of being able to. So going from 12 chances to get Tourney badges in a year to 4 seem a bit drastic, especially if brought on by this situation.

Just my opinion. Looking at past badges, it seems only the top 2 winner in the beginning were given badges. While I agree the top 4 is ridiculous (when did that even start???) why don't we just go back to top 2 or 3 each month get them. then you at least feel like you've earned it.

And this is just a stab in the dark, but there is a lot of talk about adding a point value to the awards (regardless of it being removed in the last few days). So if that is true, what about increasing the value of your badge instead of a new badge all together. Maybe one for arcade game and one for retail.

Just a thought. That may not even be happening...But I think you will loose subscriber traffic by moving it to quarterly badges.
That was my next point. There are two reasons why I've tried to be in every tournament since i subscribed. 1. Meeting and playing with other subscribers. 2. The badge.

The past 2 tournaments i rented the games. (GTA IV and Forza 3) Both costing roughly 8.50 a piece. $17 total. I felt it was worth it for my 2 reasons i stated above. I still want to play with all you guys, but i don't think i'll be spending as much on these tournaments anymore. But i will still buy games to help boost other subscribers, as i did with kane and lynch recently.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:58 PM   #64
Minty

Send a message via MSN to Minty Send a message via Skype™ to Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
And this is just a stab in the dark, but there is a lot of talk about adding a point value to the awards (regardless of it being removed in the last few days).
Nobody bar the subscribers have made any talk about that whatsoever lol. We have never said it would happen.

I get what you say about the awards, but most people are subscribers to help the site- the badges are a side perk, not the main achievement. Many subs have commented on how stupid the number of awards being given out each month, with which I agree.

Whether we go to 1 award per month or the full set of 3 every 3 months remains to be seen.

And how many of the 7 people would even be bothered lol. Bar one, who has moaned enough for the next year already. Who should learn they've already done enough damage and learn when to STFU

Old 02-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #65
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
Nobody bar the subscribers have made any talk about that whatsoever lol. We have never said it would happen.
Ok, a few people have mentioned it. That coupled with the fact the awards HAD a point value to them. Just guessing man.

I'm just talkin' though. I mean, IF that ever happened, that MAY be an option.

Last edited by Filter x360a; 02-07-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:20 PM   #66
dakisbac
tl;dr

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Quote:
For the sake of uniformity, I would say go back and delete all third and fourth place awards (and any participation awards, I think I saw a few of those) - they are unnecessary and also clutter up the awards page.

Personally, I say give awards out to first and second, and then a prize to first place. Do that consistently and there will be no problems. There would, of course, be bitching if a whole bunch of awards were removed but at the end of the day, the final word belongs to the admin.

Quote:
True, although, like Minty said, you shouldn't be subscribing for an award.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #67
Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   15,000 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   PAX Meet 2010   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 MVP   Donator - Level 5   x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze   Bright Idea
Quote:
Ok, a few people have mentioned it. That coupled with the fact the awards HAD a point value to them. Just guessing man.

I'm just talkin' though. I mean, IF that ever happened, that MAY be an option.
Yeah I know. Wasn't trying to be a dick to you in my post lol, just this tread is making me want to go and play in traffic. The awards overhaul was the first attempt at sorting out site traffic loads, which as you may have noticed is still work in process

Old 02-07-2010, 07:59 PM   #68
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Wow, that's a lot of argument over a badge..... i thought we had this tournament to have fun together as subscribers and stuff like that. I was kind of against badges for tournaments (but never voiced it) because i felt like badges should only be given out for contributions toward the community and such.... but mehh, that's just me.
If a badge is given out for a tournament, it's got to be something bigger than 10 people at least, IMO.
I like Minty's idea of having one at least once every three months for big game releases.
We can still have fun mini tourneys or get togethers though....
I understand thought what some of you are saying though about subscribing so you can get more badges, we each subscribe for our own reasons.... so i have nothing against you guys.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #69
MattDB87

Matt DB87's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFZ Scrubs View Post
Wow, that's a lot of argument over a badge..... i thought we had this tournament to have fun together as subscribers and stuff like that. I was kind of against badges for tournaments (but never voiced it) because i felt like badges should only be given out for contributions toward the community and such.... but mehh, that's just me.
If a badge is given out for a tournament, it's got to be something bigger than 10 people at least, IMO.
I like Minty's idea of having one at least once every three months for big game releases.
We can still have fun mini tourneys or get togethers though....
I understand thought what some of you are saying though about subscribing so you can get more badges, we each subscribe for our own reasons.... so i have nothing against you guys.
ya its just some people care about them more then others. I am sorry for dragging this issue on. Its just sometimes you got to get everything off your mind.

Last edited by MattDB87; 02-07-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #70
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
Yeah I know. Wasn't trying to be a dick to you in my post lol, just this tread is making me want to go and play in traffic. The awards overhaul was the first attempt at sorting out site traffic loads, which as you may have noticed is still work in process
No worries, but thanks for clarifying.

but yeah, I totally agree that the awards need to be revamped. Hopefully something that most will be happy with.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:05 PM   #71
Keano

Location: The sinking ship that's full of shit and someone's nicked the oars
Send a message via AIM to Keano Send a message via MSN to Keano

Gooner Keano's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Third Place   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   1,000 Posts   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - Runner Up   Submit - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Can we just wait until I get 3 guides submitted before we start removing awards? Just wanna have a full awards section for at least a day

But yeh, I'm all for deleting some of the awards and giving it only to first place each month or w/e you go with. It's always nice to get a badge but it doesn't really mean anything when it's for coming fourth in a tournament. Especially something like the N+ badge that I have that was given to 5 out of about 9 of those who turned up.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:19 PM   #72
Cacky

Send a message via AIM to Cacky Send a message via MSN to Cacky

True Intent's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   SOTF Runner Up   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Here's my opinion on the matter: What Dak said. Give out awards to the top 2, and a prize for the winner.

Does anyone remember the FIFA/Madden tourney? 4 people turned up, and they all got a badge.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:34 PM   #73
Sirius

Sirius x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   SOTF Winner   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacky View Post
Here's my opinion on the matter: What Dak said. Give out awards to the top 2, and a prize for the winner.

Does anyone remember the FIFA/Madden tourney? 4 people turned up, and they all got a badge.
I agree with Cacky and Dak. Badges for the top two would reduce clutter and keep it so only a small amount of them would be given. I don't see the accomplishment in coming in 4th place. It's completely unnecessary. 3rd isn't necessary either imo.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #74
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff - Administrator   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Emerald   Community Gaming - Silver
Total Awards: 35 (more» ...)
If it will make the site more reliable, I am all for killing every award on here, signatures, smilies, etc.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:26 PM   #75
MattDB87

Matt DB87's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
If it will make the site more reliable, I am all for killing every award on here, signatures, smilies, etc.
ya creech's 18 awards are slowing the site down lol
Old 02-07-2010, 10:39 PM   #76
Steve50013

Send a message via MSN to Steve50013 Send a message via Yahoo to Steve50013

Steve50013's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Forza 3 Subscribers Tournament- Runner-Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   GTA IV Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - First Place   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place   N+ Subscribers Tournament - Second Place   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacky View Post

In defence we had 3 Fifa players (cough the one without a award <------) and I think 4 Madden players

But the point is that not enough people showed up for that tournament.

Looking to boost: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Brutal Legend, Medal of Honor Airborne, WWE Smachdown vs Raw 2008, Gears 2 (Horde), Rainbow Six Vegas, Endwar, Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock 2
Old 02-07-2010, 11:43 PM   #77
MattDB87

Matt DB87's Gamercard

well as it can be seen we haven't been getting good turn outs to begin with. How can we make it better? I feel like we are going backwards here.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:57 PM   #78
Minty

Minty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDB87 View Post
well as it can be seen we haven't been getting good turn outs to begin with. How can we make it better? I feel like we are going backwards here.
Normally I hate doing this, but the dust needs to settle on this thread before anything bad happens

So I have to say

Closed Thread