PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #31
DivinityCycle

Send a message via AIM to DivinityCycle Send a message via MSN to DivinityCycle Send a message via Yahoo to DivinityCycle

DivinityCycle's Gamercard
A few tidbits of info I think should be in the guide:
-Unlike the first game, you CANNOT back track at all. Once you leave a level, there is no returning to it. I didn't realize this until like the 3rd level.

-On the Pause menu (accessed by pressing Start) there is a display showing you the status of Little Sisters in the current level. This is almost exactly like the first game's Big Daddy meter. The number of circular symbols indicates how many Little Sisters are in the current level. If the symbol shows a Big Daddy and a Little Sister, it means you have no adopted / harvested that Little Sister. The symbol changes to just a Little Sister face when you have harvested / adopted one.

-Big Sisters seem to consistently show up only after you have dealt with the Little Sisters in a given level.

-it is 100% possible to get all SP achievements in one go. However, because Brass Balls is kinda hard and does not require you to play the game on Hard, it seems like the easiest way to approach the game is like so:
--First Run: Play on Easy (or Normal if you think its boring), grab as many achievements as possible, including Brass Balls. Many of the SP achievements will temporarily skew your tactics, making them much more annoying to do on Hard. This also gives you a chance to really soak up the story and figure out the game mechanics and whatnot. Going for achievements like Savior requires that you take a hit on how much Adam you will be getting from the Little Sisters, which in turn makes the game harder, so again it makes more sense to handle that stuff on Easy.
--Second Run: Assuming you got your Brass Balls and all the random story Achievements handled, you can use your second run to knock out beating the game on hard, and also grab any of the easy-to-miss items like the audio diaries or weapon upgrade achievements.

Just my $.02. I just finished the game about half an hour ago. I would estimate playing on Easy and playing it at a "medium" pace (not going uber slow and looking carefully for every audio diary, and also not going as fast as humanly possible), it took me probably 15 hours to beat. This forum is helpful, as always, and with this game I have broken 47,000 on my Gamer Score
Old 02-09-2010, 08:57 PM   #32
Purge

Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
The Master Gatherer achievement.. you don't need to collect 600 and not spend any right?
It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?

Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:09 PM   #33
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purge View Post
The Master Gatherer achievement.. you don't need to collect 600 and not spend any right?
As far as i'm aware you don't need to hold onto the adam, seeing as there are only 13 Little Sisters in the game and can earn up to 940 ADAM. Holding onto all your ADAM would make the game a real pain as you get to the later levels.

8 sisters with two harvests each should score you around 640 ADAM, if you don't have it by then it's possible. I will add that info in very soon though as i've been using my ADAM.
Fizzmatix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:19 PM   #34
megavolt419

Megavolt419's Gamercard
The Hypnotize pasmid was not in the Pauper's Drop Gatherer's Gardens...so is it in a different one?
megavolt419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:26 PM   #35
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Bright Idea   A+ Thread Award   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by megavolt419 View Post
The Hypnotize pasmid was not in the Pauper's Drop Gatherer's Gardens...so is it in a different one?
Sorry i mixed those up last night, that one's a gift. I have updated the whole list now there are 6 bought Plasmids and 5 Gift Plasmids.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:43 PM   #36
Sirius

Sirius x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   SOTF Winner   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Sweet guide, Fizz. I'll be using this later
Old 02-09-2010, 10:28 PM   #37
killerc0P

k1llercop's Gamercard
Nice guide thanks man,
Old 02-09-2010, 11:58 PM   #38
Robioto

Robioto's Gamercard
Is the 97000 exp the total for the full 40 levels? Or is the exp listed for each achievement the the amount needed just for that 10 levels?
100% RETAIL: Oblivion (1250), Fallout 3 (1000), Resident Evil 5 (1000), Enchanted Arms (1000), Assassin's Creed 2 (1000), Darksiders (1000), Final Fantasy XIII (1000), Silent Hill Homecoming (1000), Condemned (970), Alan Wake (1000), L.A. Noire (1000), Dead Island (1000).

100% XBLA: Sonic The Hedgehog (200), Sonic 2 (200), Sonic 3 (200), Sonic & Knuckles (200), Golden Axe (200), Arkadian Warriors (200), Worms (200).
Robioto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:00 AM   #39
Cactuscat

I Am Cactuscat's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzmatix View Post
There are three upgrade levels for each gun, all upgrades have to be applied in order. You can no longer pick which upgrade you want without having the previous upgrade installed.
Ooh, not quite true - the first two upgrades for each gun can be applied in either order, it's just the third upgrade which requires the other two.

Also, "spear gun"? Mine's called a Crossbow

Other than that, tremendous work.
Cactuscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:42 AM   #40
WarDawg17

WarDawg17's Gamercard
Nice guide. This will help me tonight when I get the game.
WarDawg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:10 AM   #41
ExtremeGixxr

ExtremeGixxr's Gamercard
Ty 4 the guide,very helpful!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:38 AM   #42
RyanTheChamp

AWESOME guide, I really want to play this game and when I do I'll defintely use this
Spongebob Truth or Square (1000)
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (1000)
Borderlands (1000)

Arcade:
200+ (0)

RyanTheChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:17 AM   #43
daninthemix

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I just finished the game and I think more needs to be made of the Master Researcher one (or whatever it's called) as that's the only one I missed - and the only subject I hadn't maxed was Big Daddys.

PLEASE can you add to the guide that the last Big Daddys are in Fontaine Futuristics so if you haven't maxed their research by then you need keep wandering around and filming/fighting them.

Alphas, Bouncers, and basically everything else is in abundance during the last level so no worries their.

As long as you film every Big Sister encounter you'll be fine also.

daninthemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:22 AM   #44
A 2rue boofer
Banned User

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Great looking guide Fizz.
A 2rue boofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:26 AM   #45
guillermo316

Fantasychampion's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
good work doing this tomorrow as the MP is freezing that thing needs to be fixed!
guillermo316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:27 AM   #46
Ninja Kaspyr 83

Ninja Kaspyr 83's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by A 2rue boofer View Post
Great looking guide Fizz.

how do you know this info? (what it says in your sig)

Ninja Kaspyr 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:59 AM   #47
Qwertygirl

ELxELxCOOLxJAY's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
I cant wait to get this game I was watching my brother play it on the PS3 earlier (he is a traitor) All i wanted to do was steal the control off him

Great guide, look forward to seeing the fully completed result

Qwertygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:23 AM   #48
ThingontheFloor

ThingontheFloor's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by daninthemix View Post
I just finished the game and I think more needs to be made of the Master Researcher one (or whatever it's called) as that's the only one I missed - and the only subject I hadn't maxed was Big Daddys.

PLEASE can you add to the guide that the last Big Daddys are in Fontaine Futuristics so if you haven't maxed their research by then you need keep wandering around and filming/fighting them.

Alphas, Bouncers, and basically everything else is in abundance during the last level so no worries their.

As long as you film every Big Sister encounter you'll be fine also.
Unfortunately everything is in abundance except for the one enemy I needed just a tiny bit of research on, Spider Slicers. I couldn't find even one during the last few levels of the game so I'd also suggest everyone research those as soon as you can. Blah, planned on going through it again on hard but it's just annoying how close I was.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:55 AM   #49
eviltb

Send a message via MSN to eviltb

eviltb's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzmatix View Post

Man About Town - 10
Play at least one non-private match on each multiplayer map.

The multiplayer levels are levels you have all seen before if you have played through the first Bioshock. Play at least one Ranked match on each of the follow levels and the achievement will unlock:
  • Arcadia
  • Farmer's Market
  • Fort Frolic
  • Hephaestus
  • Home for the Poor
  • Kashmir Restaurant
  • Medical Pavilion
  • Mercury Suites
  • Neptune's Bounty
  • Point Prometheus
For this one, would it be helpful to state which MP types give access to what map? Playing just Civil War and Capture the Sister wont give access to all the maps AFAIK.

"I got better things to do tonight than die!" - Springer
eviltb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:04 AM   #50
Fizzmatix
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltb View Post
For this one, would it be helpful to state which MP types give access to what map? Playing just Civil War and Capture the Sister wont give access to all the maps AFAIK.
From what i've seen game wise you can access all the maps in all the game modes. Seeing as when you played ranked matches it's completely random and you have no real choice over which maps you get you will just need to play until it unlocks.

If you go through the private match setup you will see that no matter which game mode you setup you can pick any of the maps which are listed.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #51
Crank That Crank
Banned User

I'd just like to point out that the diary locations (msworld's) Guide is incomplete. I have been playing on hard collecting the diaries 1 by 1. I stumbled upon 2 diaries that were NOT in the guide, I triple checked it myself..Just a little FYI
Crank That Crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #52
dutchy

DUTCHY xgx's Gamercard
i have a question about the weapon upgrades, there are 14 upgrade machines, but when you count the weaponupgrades, you count up to 18.
do you just have to make 14 upgrades?

btw there are far more then 100 diaries, i also found lots of others that aren't on the list.
dutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:56 PM   #53
the_b1ues

Radiantmist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank That Crank View Post
I'd just like to point out that the diary locations (msworld's) Guide is incomplete. I have been playing on hard collecting the diaries 1 by 1. I stumbled upon 2 diaries that were NOT in the guide, I triple checked it myself..Just a little FYI
i no im this is what im waiting for i dont want to miss anything

Surly someone has completed this game and can do the Roadmap i just ask as i dont want to miss anything as bishcok 1 was one of my fav games and i dont want to miss any Audio Logs or anything else.

Last edited by the_b1ues; 02-10-2010 at 04:59 PM.
the_b1ues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:22 PM   #54
TheFreshPrince

For Brass Balls....is it ok if I accidently used a Vita-Chamber, then reloaded a past save?
TheFreshPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:38 PM   #55
AndyWilliams24

Master Gatherer - 30
Gather 600 ADAM with Little Sisters.

Having problems with this, at the moment I currently have 1100 ADAM all not spent, yet it's not unlocked.
AndyWilliams24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #56
MelangeAddict

melangeaddict's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFreshPrince View Post
For Brass Balls....is it ok if I accidently used a Vita-Chamber, then reloaded a past save?
I believe it is. Since you are going to a point before you used the Vita Chamber the game shouldn't count it as having used it.

Quote:
i have a question about the weapon upgrades, there are 14 upgrade machines, but when you count the weaponupgrades, you count up to 18.
do you just have to make 14 upgrades?
That's what it says on the cheevo. I guess if it's 18 total and you only get 14 you have to be careful of what upgrades you choose.

Quote:
Unfortunately everything is in abundance except for the one enemy I needed just a tiny bit of research on, Spider Slicers. I couldn't find even one during the last few levels of the game so I'd also suggest everyone research those as soon as you can
Thanks for that. I've been filming their dead bodies if I miss the chance to film them in action. Definitely gonna try more action shots though.

"You know where the word 'slave' came from? Originally? There was some black guy being a 'slave' so they called him a 'slave'" Louis C.K. with Huck Finn changes in order to not overstep forum lines.
MelangeAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:23 PM   #57
Dawq902

Dawq902's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbour99 View Post
Fantastic looking guide but a little too late. I've just gone through the Amusements and missed 9-irony. I'll have my second playthrough for that one though!
I missed it to. I will probably have at least 2 more playthroughs to do it. Once on the hardest difficulty and once more on easy with vita chambers off. Dies once on normal and my last save was like an hour back.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:28 PM   #58
DarqStalker

DarqStalker's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWilliams24 View Post
Master Gatherer - 30
Gather 600 ADAM with Little Sisters.

Having problems with this, at the moment I currently have 1100 ADAM all not spent, yet it's not unlocked.
Was all 1100 gathered with little sisters? You may have 1100 adam, but not enough gathered with the little sisters.
DarqStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #59
newbsicle

zymotic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I found some pretty useful videos on youtube for the weapon upgrades and diaries achievement.

http://www.youtube.com/user/drmongs

Drmongs not finished yet, but he has something like 70 of the diaries in order as of right now. Just make sure you watch the videos in order as they're numbered.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:54 PM   #60
iB Volcom

Send a message via Skype™ to iB Volcom

Oh Voison's Gamercard
Thanks for this guide.

------Voi-zen------

iB Volcom is offline   Reply With Quote