PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shmup > Triggerheart Exelica
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-17-2008, 12:52 AM   #1
MetalSlug21

MetalSlug21's Gamercard
Complete Game with ______ points

Does it add the total of any/all continues used during gameplay? Like, if I die, will it add the totals, or does it all have to be done on one life to get the achievement?
MetalSlug21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
RenRenRen

The Great Chai's Gamercard
As far as I know it has to be done on a single continue, you might be able to up the lives and still get the achievement though.
RenRenRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:44 PM   #3
HeatGuyStu

HeatGuyStu's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalSlug21 View Post
Does it add the total of any/all continues used during gameplay? Like, if I die, will it add the totals, or does it all have to be done on one life to get the achievement?
Yes you can up the lives and you can also turn the difficulty down to Easy. You might be able to get the 50m with a continue, but you won't be able to reach 100m with a continue (as you'll have lost your multiplier bonuses too often). Suggest wrack the lives up to 5 and turn the difficulty all the way down if you're struggling.
HeatGuyStu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 11:40 PM   #4
Bergashnurga

Send a message via AIM to Bergashnurga

Bergashnurga's Gamercard
does difficulty affect the number of points you can get and would you have to trigger faintear both times to get enough points for 100mil?
Bergashnurga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:32 PM   #5
jello

Jellophile's Gamercard
for anyone that may still show up on this board...

I don't think bumping the difficulty down will effect your score much... Not positive though. I'm just saying I think it's definitely possible to get 100,000,000 on easy with 5 lives. I just did a run with Crueltear and managed to get 98.4 million. Not my best run on level five either >_>. I did trigger faintear on stages 1 and 3 though, so that bumped the score up greatly.
jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 07:29 AM   #6
Bergashnurga

Bergashnurga's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello View Post
for anyone that may still show up on this board...

I don't think bumping the difficulty down will effect your score much... Not positive though. I'm just saying I think it's definitely possible to get 100,000,000 on easy with 5 lives. I just did a run with Crueltear and managed to get 98.4 million. Not my best run on level five either >_>. I did trigger faintear on stages 1 and 3 though, so that bumped the score up greatly.
hmm...i just need more practice. i can get close to 50 mil by level 4 without triggering faintear at all and i still died quite a few times. i think to get the 100 mil then i'd have to do a near perfect run without dying and grappling almost everything...idunnut think i can do it. i might have to put this game on hold till i finish geometry wars and orange box.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:43 PM   #7
jello

Jellophile's Gamercard
You're definitely going to have to have a good technique to pull it off. I suggest using crueltear, for some reason I seem to get higher scores with her. I suggest trying to do get through the game without dying (at the very least only die at the very end :P) as you get a bonus for having so many lives at the end of a level, and you won't lose the medals you need to trigger extra forms of the boss.

Try not to use up your bombs if you can, as those give points at the end of a level too. Every point counts. If you bump up your lives and bombs to 5, and have extend set at 25,000,000, it'll help. You can manage to get close to an extra 2 million just from ending the stage I believe.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:12 PM   #8
RonanN1

Send a message via Yahoo to RonanN1

RonanN1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I have just finish the game on easy (I was going for the...

Destroy Faintear (Level 3)
Destroy Faintear in the third level.

Exelica True Ending
Complete the game playing as Exelica (True Ending).

Score 50,000,000
Complete the game with a score of 50,000,000 points.

...).

In the first level I got...34mil+ (after I beat up Faintear) and then I got (2940 - Medals) and miss Faintear in Level 3 (...damn!), and I continued the game...and I finished with a total of 98mil. So...the Normal difficulty setting is the best bet for 100mil...

Last edited by RonanN1; 09-05-2008 at 11:15 PM.
RonanN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 05:36 AM   #9
Bergashnurga

Bergashnurga's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonanN1 View Post

Exelica True Ending

Score 50,000,000

...).

In the first level I got...34mil+ (after I beat up Faintear) and then I got (2940 - Medals) and miss Faintear in Level 3 (...damn!), and I continued the game...and I finished with a total of 98mil. So...the Normal difficulty setting is the best bet for 100mil...

hmm. yep, i'm gonna need some more practice. i'm satisfied with GW for now so i'll work on this. nice animated chibi ass-kicking thing btw. igets the giggles lookin at it
Old 09-18-2008, 02:20 PM   #10
jello

Jellophile's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonanN1 View Post

Exelica True Ending

Score 50,000,000

...).

I managed to get the 100 million on easy difficulty. As long as you trigger both Faintear fights, get the bosses to go into all their forms (and take them out as fast as possible, learn when there is an enemy you can anchor to throw at them) you should be able to get the points. Whore out the anchor system as much as you can, and after throwing an enemy, be sure to shoot to bump the score of the medals up.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:04 PM   #11
Indie Hero

Send a message via Yahoo to Indie Hero

Indie Hero's Gamercard
The last few achievements I have in this game are just driving me mental.

pixels
Indie Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:20 PM   #12
FeLizP
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
If you guys are having trouble getting 100,000,000pts you can simply do the debris trick on the Faintear fight to net you 30,000,000pts on the boss fight alone during her 2nd form.

Simply make it to level 5 and once you beat Faintears first form and Crueltear comes and saves you there will be a 2nd form boss. You will see a lot of crumbling debris falling from the left and right side of the screen during this fight.

Take your anchor(B) and grab them and let go immediately.Or just simple tap B butoon as you grab debris as it falls. Stay as far away from Faintear as possible while doing this so that she wont be harmed. Be sure to dodge her projectiles while doing this or you'll lose score items.Continue for a few minutes and she will just die immediately and you should get a nice bonus of 4,000,000 which gives you a total of 34,000,000 in the boss fight alone.

This means you only need to have around 66,000,000 points by the end of stage 5 to get the achievement.You really dont even have to face BOTH Hidden Faintear bosses to get the achievement with this trick. Good Luck out there guys.

Last edited by FeLizP; 02-11-2010 at 02:55 PM.
FeLizP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:58 PM   #13
Reggiez

Reggiez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for the "debris trick" FeLizP! I've tried numerous times to get
100,000,000 points in Triggerheart. I got about 98 a few times but with this trick I got 116,000,000 on my first try. It wasn't even hard any more.

Now I only have the really tough achievements left.

For those who might be interested. I played through on the "easy" difficulty. Getting a 100,000,000 points is quite achievable (with this trick that is).