PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > Rockstar Games Table Tennis
Subscribe    Donate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2007, 10:07 PM   #1
jqtaxpayer

John Q Taxpayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Exclamation Service Ace Guide

Plain and simple? You're not going to get a full 1000 in Table Tennis without the Service Ace. This move can be tricky to pull off, and considering many still can't do it, I figure I'd make a go at a more detailed explanation than we currently have. This knowledge is the direct result of trial and error, aided by Shaaady Souljah's terrific guide. The process can be a little difficult to explain, but I'll do my best with it. Any additional information is welcome, naturally.

As the guide states, you're going to need to be taking a certain amount of steps to the right and executing a shot with leftspin. Full power and full spin will work against most characters, though you can find a few other sweet spots on the power meter through your own trial and error. Contrary to popular belief, you CAN perform this move against Jung Soo and Mark. For instance, when playing as Juergen against Mark in All-Star mode, I found that, instead of full power and full spin (which Mark would hit every time), if I let the power bar reach the top twice and then released X when it was somewhere in the orange range, I could perform a service ace against him. Unfortunately, this trick isn't as simple as stopping between 80% and 100%... there are varying degrees of sensitivity depending which character you're using and which character you're facing.

The other important factor, of course, is where to stand. For most of the characters, it's going to be 4-5 (depending on how you count them) steps to the right from the starting position. There are four exceptions to this rule:

Liu Ping: After taking your steps, nudge the analog stick to the left to take a half step. He can't hit it from the full 4-5 steps.
Kumi: Add an additional step to your count.
Jesper and Solayman: After taking your steps, nudge the analog stick down twice to take two steps backwards.

I hope this helps.
jqtaxpayer is offline   Reply With Quote