PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-20-2010, 02:03 AM   #1
NothingLasts1987

Glitchy, or just my system?

Alright, this post is for my brother who is too lazy to use the internet.

He got a new elite system not even 2 months ago and played all the way through Mass Effect 2 with no problems. Then he picked up Bioshock 2. His single player has froze on him numerous time, causing him to have to reset his system. One time, he tried to drill lunge at a splicer and missed, his character then became stuck in the lunge motion. He could move around but his drill just kept spazing out and he couldn't attack at all. Even when he saved and loaded, it stayed that way. He ended up getting out of it by warping places when trying to get a plasmid.

With his multiplayer, he can never find a match, and when he does, most of the time it just kicks him out or back to the lobby. The game will go to start, screen goes black, and then he's back in the lobby alone. It's also froze on his many times while playing the multiplayer. We live out in the middle of no where and can only get internet speeds of 1Mb down and 512Kb up. I know it's not great but we can usually always play online no problem.

I personally think the drill thing was just a one in a million thing that was just a programming glitch. It's the freezing that's bugging me. Since Mass Effect 2 didn't have any problems, do you think this could be a defective game disc, or is this stuff wide spread and just need to be patched?

Edit: I forgot to mention, the achievements were also glitchy. I don't think he got the rank 10 one until he was at 12 or something.

Last edited by NothingLasts1987; 02-20-2010 at 02:17 AM.
NothingLasts1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 02:06 AM   #2
linktriforce007

Send a message via AIM to linktriforce007 Send a message via MSN to linktriforce007 Send a message via Yahoo to linktriforce007 Send a message via Skype™ to linktriforce007

linktriforce007's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Bioshock 2 has horrible glitching problems, so I wouldn't be shocked one bit if it's the game's fault.

Latest Gamerscore Feats:

66666:
Monkey See Monkey Don't

80000:
Hard to the Core

linktriforce007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:33 AM   #3
darktrooper2112

GunBlade2112's Gamercard
I bought a new Elite last November and have been having quite a few crashes in Bioshock 2. Every other game has worked without a hitch.

There haven't been many problems in singleplayer but the multiplayer seems to drop games and freeze quite a bit. Over the course of 2 hours the screen froze 3-4 times (requiring a 'hold the power button' shut down) and there were quite a few random blackout/game drops
Old 02-20-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
Warden1972

Warden1972's Gamercard
At least you don't seem to have problems with freezes during saves (like I did probably a dozen times) thus resulting in corruptions. Multiple slots always!
Warden1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:23 AM   #5
Keith7713

Keith7713's Gamercard
My game freezes every 3-4 games or mostly when im checking my statistics or trials. It is also happening with my buddies xbox, only this game though. So f'ing aggravating
Keith7713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:45 AM   #6
yippy smalz

YIPPY SMALZ's Gamercard
I get occasionall freezes on MP, maybe 1 freeze every ten games. Never had such freezes in single player though. My friend has an elite as well and played bioshock both campaign and MP without a single freeze. It might be a combination of u being in the middle of nowhere and the fact that this game tends to freeze and lag for eveyone

Completed games and 1,000G+
Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands, Red Dead Redemption, Modern Warfare 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Gears 2, Fallout 3, Bioshock 2, Guitar Hero 5, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo:Reach, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Fable 2, Dead Rising:CZ, Magna Carta 2, Lego Batman, C&C red alert 3, Call of duty WAW(1015), Lego star Wars TCS, Monkey Island: SE, Dash Of Destruction
yippy smalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #7
vella

I haven't had any issues with SP, guess I was lucky. MP on the other hand was a nightmare when the game first came out, it would freeze up every 2-3 games. The past few days have been pretty much perfect, no freezes at all
vella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 02:03 PM   #8
cornholioo

EGGwhiteNUMBER4's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLasts1987 View Post
Alright, this post is for my brother who is too lazy to use the internet.

He got a new elite system not even 2 months ago and played all the way through Mass Effect 2 with no problems. Then he picked up Bioshock 2. His single player has froze on him numerous time, causing him to have to reset his system. One time, he tried to drill lunge at a splicer and missed, his character then became stuck in the lunge motion. He could move around but his drill just kept spazing out and he couldn't attack at all. Even when he saved and loaded, it stayed that way. He ended up getting out of it by warping places when trying to get a plasmid.

With his multiplayer, he can never find a match, and when he does, most of the time it just kicks him out or back to the lobby. The game will go to start, screen goes black, and then he's back in the lobby alone. It's also froze on his many times while playing the multiplayer. We live out in the middle of no where and can only get internet speeds of 1Mb down and 512Kb up. I know it's not great but we can usually always play online no problem.

I personally think the drill thing was just a one in a million thing that was just a programming glitch. It's the freezing that's bugging me. Since Mass Effect 2 didn't have any problems, do you think this could be a defective game disc, or is this stuff wide spread and just need to be patched?

Edit: I forgot to mention, the achievements were also glitchy. I don't think he got the rank 10 one until he was at 12 or something.
on singel palyer I didn't have problems butt on mp it's fucking fuckt up every hour at least 1 time my connection stops or it frees, I'm now on level 38 and normaly every points i've lost with my connection I was allready done withe this mp... goddamned 3 years of waiting and than this!!! shizzle my nizzle
cornholioo is offline   Reply With Quote